Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266161 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 7:25am On Apr 29, 2013
onegig: i got an engr in ilorin that can fix it. Pm me
It sounds funny that I dont know how to PM on nairaland,am sorry about it,except if you can give me your number or e-mail here.tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2013
Chiefupper: It sounds funny that I dont know how to PM on nairaland,am sorry about it,except if you can give me your number or e-mail here.tanx
What does it mean to PM someone on nairaland?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 29, 2013
Chiefupper: It sounds funny that I dont know how to PM on nairaland,am sorry about it,except if you can give me your number or e-mail here.tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2013
Chiefupper: It sounds f unny that I dont know how to PM on nairaland,am sorry about it,except if you can give me your number or e-mail here.tanx
cant leave my email on here due to spam messages. Click on my name here it would take you to my profile scroll to the middle you should see send this member a message. There would be a default message just click send. I would be able to reach you or better still you drop your email.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2013
sadgurus please PES 2011 doesnt want to play on my laptop afta installing ..kept saying something is missing (a a .dll file is missing forgotton de name) have a hp pavillion g6 320hd 3gb of RAM please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:38am On Apr 29, 2013
Donsammi: sadgurus please PES 2011 doesnt want to play on my laptop afta installing ..kept saying something is missing (a a .dll file is missing forgotton de name) have a hp pavillion g6 320hd 3gb of RAM please help
go to google and type download directx11,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smiling(m): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2013
lanreflo:

From the symptoms it sound like you have a hard drive problem, From experience this happens when you hard drive File system has errors, it will attempt to boot and then give you a blue screen of death. You'll need to slave the hard drive, backup your files, if the hard drive is salvageable, reformat and re-install your operating system. Reason why recovery wont work is the bad file system
thanks.. Do you have 2go account? I'll love to chat wit you more.. Thanks. Mine is smilingfaz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmeLonRo(m): 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
The screen of my laptop suddenly went blank and then I tried fixing it. Technicians said it was the flex. I kept it at home and one day after like 5 months I took it to a technician. He was still trying to look over when the monitor came up and started booting and booting and booting.

Since then it has started working. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO THE LAPTOP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ame Lon Ro: The screen of my laptop suddenly went blank and then I tried fixing it. Technicians said it was the flex. I kept it at home and one day after like 5 months I took it to a technician. He was still trying to look over when the monitor came up and started booting and booting and booting.

Since then it has started working. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO THE LAPTOP
many things. 1. The video card might be bad. It happens. 2. We leave in a region with a bit Harsh weather. Too much heat or cold can affect the performance of some core pc components like the vga. 3. The flex might have been bad or slightly disconnected and the engineer touching it might rectified this even though it was unintentional. 4. The engineer guy na winch na holy water he use touch the system. Lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
onegig: cant leave my email on here due to spam messages. Click on my name here it would take you to my profile scroll to the middle you should see send this member a message. There would be a default message just click send. I would be able to reach you or better still you drop your email.
I have sent d msg wit d pictures,pls let me know anytime u get it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
Good Aftanun Computers gurus, i have an important documents on my flash (usb) , any time i plug it to PC, it says dat " disk is not formatted, do you want to format it now " am not ready to loss dos document , d only back up 4 d document is my usb(flash), pls sm1 shd pls help me out, how can i recover my document without formatting d usb.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
dridowu: Good Aftanun Computers gurus, i have an important documents on my flash (usb) , any time i plug it to PC, it says dat " disk is not formatted, do you want to format it now " am not ready to loss dos document , d only back up 4 d document is my usb(flash), pls sm1 shd pls help me out, how can i recover my document without formatting d usb.

Download this software http://www.icare-recovery.com/standard/download.html

Here are some steps you need to take if you use iCare Data Recovery Standard to settle Flash drive not formatted error.
First: You should download iCare Data Recovery Standard into your computer.
Second: Install it.
Third: Insert your USB Flash drive into your computer.
Fourth: Open the software and press Recovery.

I also use command prompt to copy the files by opening command prompt first then

type xcopy E: (depending on the drive location it can be f, g or h)

it should copy all files in the flash to your document settings folder.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
Chiefupper: I have sent d msg wit d pictures,pls let me know anytime u get it

which email did you send it to? |Cant see it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
onegig:

Here are some steps you need to take if you use iCare Data Recovery Standard to settle Flash drive not formatted error.

I also use command prompt to copy the files by opening command prompt first then

bros highly grateful , we do dat wen i don reach house. ;-)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
onegig: go to google and type download directx11,
owk i going to download it frm torrents .. i will get bck to u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by allisonluvsu(m): 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
My MTN Fastlink modem does not show on my computer but shows on other PCs whenever it is connected. Please help, what do you think will be wrong wwith it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
onegig:

thanks 1ce more but its seem my flash has corrupt finally, i try to format it but what i saw " windows was unable to complete the format "
Any idea again ? ;-(
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
allisonluvsu: My MTN Fastlink modem does not show on my computer but shows on other PCs whenever it is connected. Please help, what do you think will be wrong wwith it
your usb drivers are missing or the usb ports are faulty. Go to my computer right click and click on properties or go click windows start key and type device manager and select it go the list when it opens go down and locate usb devices. Right click and un install all usb devices you see. Restart your system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
dridowu: thanks 1ce more but its seem my flash has corrupt finally, i try to format it but what i saw " windows was unable to complete the format "
Any idea again ? ;-(
did you try the command prompt option? Also did you download the software? If these wont work i guess your flash is bad. As a last resort try opening it on another system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
onegig: did you try the command prompt option? Also did you download the software? If these wont work i guess your flash is bad. As a last resort try opening it on another system.
i download d software but i did not try dat command prompt , i dnt no how to do d "command prompt " if u dnt mind pls elaborate mor abt it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
dridowu: i download d software but i did not try dat command prompt , i dnt no how to do d "command prompt " if u dnt mind pls elaborate mor abt it. Thanks
No need for commamnd prompt or so...here is d gist,chinko flashdrives and fake ones don't format as NTFS..they are mostly FAT32..so try change the filesystem to fat32 as ur formatting..not ntfs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OLADO(m): 6:39am On Apr 30, 2013
Hello. I was informed my hp pavilion g6 hdd is faulty barely 4months of purchase. The hhd was removed frm d system and used as a external hard disk yet it wasnt recognized by d other system. The technician said i might need to get a new hdd for d system. I av a lot of important documents in it, Is there a means of recovering some of it? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:56am On Apr 30, 2013
OLADO: Hello. I was informed my hp pavilion g6 hdd is faulty barely 4months of purchase. The hhd was removed frm d system and used as a external hard disk yet it wasnt recognized by d other system. The technician said i might need to get a new hdd for d system. I av a lot of important documents in it, Is there a means of recovering some of it? Thanks
if its not been recognized my the system when inserted into an external usb cable then recovering your data can only be done by data recovery experts.

Lets me see if you still have any hope:

when the external HDD was inserted even though it doesnt show up on my computer, did you hear any sound? like usb inserted sound? if there was sound, insert it in and goto disk management and see how many disk is been listed, if by chance you have your HDD there even it can show up as unallocated, then you should right click on it (If you are sure its your HDD inserted) click on format.

then you can recover your data afterward.

I was able to recover a clients HDD last week by same way
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 7:08am On Apr 30, 2013
sameolg616:
No need for commamnd prompt or so...here is d gist,chinko flashdrives and fake ones don't format as NTFS..they are mostly FAT32..so try change the filesystem to fat32 as ur formatting..not ntfs.
thanks bro but not formatting yet, i even tried all d mentioned filesystem. So Sad 4 me ;-(
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2013
sameolg616:

onegig:

oh yes. if i were you, I would connect the usb stick to the computer
go to google and download recuva or use icare after then the software will
guide you to extract the data to your computer or an external device.
You can then format the usb stick. by default nts should be selected for you
but some comes with fat32 as sameolg616[b][/b] has said. onegig on the
other hand advised that you should try a data recovery software. I would
advice you follow the samething and then format the stick
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2013
adewasco2k:
if its not been recognized my the system when inserted into an external usb cable then recovering your data can only be done by data recovery experts.

Lets me see if you still have any hope:

when the external HDD was inserted even though it doesnt show up on my computer, did you hear any sound? like usb inserted sound? if there was sound, insert it in and goto disk management and see how many disk is been listed, if by chance you have your HDD there even it can show up as unallocated, then you should right click on it (If you are sure its your HDD inserted) click on format.

then you can recover your data afterward.

I was able to recover a clients HDD last week by same way

Excellent adewasko

please restart the laptop then keep pressing f10
then go to diagnostics then hard drive test
run the test and let us know the result.
the test will confirm whether the har[b][/b]d drive is
good
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:21am On Apr 30, 2013
Donsammi: owk i going to download it frm torrents .. i will get bck to u

A word of advice, avoid downloading from torrent
you're likey to be infected. we know the in and
out of this things, so be beware !

Onegig said you should download from google not
torrent.please follow the instructions at all time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2013
deji2009:

oh yes. if i were you, I would connect the usb stick to the computer
go to google and download recuva or use icare after then the software will
guide you to extract the data to your computer or an external device.
You can then format the usb stick. by default nts should be selected for you
but some comes with fat32 as sameolg616[b][/b] has said. onegig on the
other hand advised that you should try a data recovery software. I would
advice you follow the samething and then format the stick
i try both recuva and icare download but it was same story , ds is what display on d screen " windows was unable to complete the format " can u pls put me tru d " command prompt" pls dnt mind all my silly ?
Any idea again ? ;-(
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
dridowu: i try both recuva and icare download but it was same story , ds is what display on d screen " windows was unable to complete the format " can u pls put me tru d " command prompt" pls dnt mind all my silly ?
Any idea again ? ;-(

This is just a data copying using commad prompt. It might work.

Click on start-all programs-acessories-command prompt

When it opens.

Type xcopy E: (the e in here means the flash drive location. it might be f. just check my computer to see yours.)

check your document and settings folder if you use windows xp or c:/users in windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by segun23(m): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
how can i get/download online book on computer repairing

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.