Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266242 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:13pm On May 15, 2013
chindi: Deji, I dnt knw wats wrong with my lappy. For some time now it has been hanging. When I boot my system, it beeps wen it shows welcome and it just hangs there for some tym(like 15mins) before it resumes. Wat do I do

try this diagnostics with and without the charger and let
us know what happened

continuous beep or one beep?

What make and model is the laptop ?
e.g. toshiba p300-20h windows vista

check the cd drive is empty.
what the voltage of your charger ?
e.g. 12v or 19volts. has the laptop
been for a service recently ?

restart the laptop keep pressing f8
select safe mode and there will be lots of
writing on the screen, don't panic.
login and see if it would take 15 minutes
to boot and also any beep ?

Note the outcome. restart it again and
keep pressing f2 or f10 for bios
does it take 15minutes to get to bios , any beeps ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 15, 2013
Fabulous Egeh:

Den wat am i supposed 2 do if d system files are corrupt or if i have formatted d system?
M

I'd recommend AVG tuneup 2011/12 or 13. It wld help you fix all errors in your disk and registry. When done, do a complete PC scan wit a very good antivirus dat is up to date. That sld fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 15, 2013
Rich4god:
If you are still having trouble... Just PM me and I will give you Windows 7 cracker and it will solve the trick 100% sure.

Windows 7 cracker/Remove wat only removes watermark on the desktop and gives temporal activation. Microsoft have discovered this flaw. When you do a windows update, the same message would come up and there would be litle or nothing windows 7 cracker can do. Except the person doesn't intend to update his/her system, which I consider detrimental.
They way out is buying genuine product key or getting a pre-cracked windows 7 OS from some torrent site. They former is done at your own risk!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluh(f): 7:28pm On May 15, 2013
Please I need help. My laptop keeps typing Q and Z it self. I can't type a web address or my password
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:33pm On May 15, 2013
toluh: Please I need help. My laptop keeps typing Q and Z it self. I can't type a web address or my password

Thats a mechanical fault. You need to take your pc to an engineer. Some keys on your keyboard are either dirty or not functioning or you might brace removing the coverings and cleaning it. But please dont try this at home cheesy

http://www.onegig..com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluh(f): 8:25pm On May 15, 2013
onegig:

Thats a mechanical fault. You need to take your pc to an engineer. Some keys on your keyboard are either dirty or not functioning or you might brace removing the coverings and cleaning it. But please dont try this at home cheesy

http://www.onegig..com
Am relieved small, I thought it was virus.Please I don't know any pc engineer here. Please explain to me if you think is something I can do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 15, 2013
god bless you mr sky.....please i'm unable to access msn and yahoo messenger on my laptop please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:46pm On May 15, 2013
deji2009:

In support of onegig post relating to wga cracks, I would advise that you visit google
and type in validate windows. This tool will check it for you, most people are deceive that
their windows is genuine but not. to proof on xp download media aplayer 11 or on vista or windows 7
go to google and type validate windows and see the result for yourself. we do not provide windows
cracks or product key. L@@k @@@@ Rich4god, I understood you choose to help the user outside of nairaland, but
in reality we shouldn't. let us work together to present a good image of nairaland and nigeria. Lets people
buy the genuine product and also @ Rich4god I would be please if you can join us to provide impeccable technical
support. I and my colleague look forward to your post.

ok lets cut all the oyinbos and technicalities short..here is something legal to do
open CMD as administrator,
type slmgr -rearm (it would reset the validation)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammybravo(m): 1:20am On May 16, 2013
Don't know what's wrong with my pc, anytime I'm playing a video,the video hangs, that I will have to switch it off from the on/off button....it occurs mostly while I'm charging it, and its not the player cos I tried different ones....Any idea what might be wrong
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kachi188(m): 8:17am On May 16, 2013
Pls, i use a hq compaq cq56-115dx..wit 2gb ram, 250g, hard disk and an amd processor..the system is awfully slow, nd i want 2 knw wat can b done to increase the speed. Is it possible to change d processor frm amd to intel? Hw much wil it cost 2 upgrade the ram to 4gb, any helpful suggestn wil b appreciated..i stay at Uniport,port-harcourt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rich4god(m): 8:40am On May 16, 2013
deji2009:

In support of onegig post relating to wga cracks, I would advise that you visit google
and type in validate windows. This tool will check it for you, most people are deceive that
their windows is genuine but not. to proof on xp download media aplayer 11 or on vista or windows 7
go to google and type validate windows and see the result for yourself. we do not provide windows
cracks or product key. L@@k @@@@ Rich4god, I understood you choose to help the user outside of nairaland, but
in reality we shouldn't. let us work together to present a good image of nairaland and nigeria. Lets people
buy the genuine product and also @ Rich4god I would be please if you can join us to provide impeccable technical
support. I and my colleague look forward to your post
It will be an honour to join you guys. Waiting to hear from you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rich4god(m): 9:31am On May 16, 2013
uniqueval:

Windows 7 cracker/Remove wat only removes watermark on the desktop and gives temporal activation. Microsoft have discovered this flaw. When you do a windows update, the same message would come up and there would be litle or nothing windows 7 cracker can do. Except the person doesn't intend to update his/her system, which I consider detrimental.
They way out is buying genuine product key or getting a pre-cracked windows 7 OS from some torrent site. They former is done at your own risk!
The window 7 cracker i am using have been a good one and i have been updating my system without much problem. So i realy dont know what your are saying.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jude33084(m): 10:09am On May 16, 2013
skydancer: Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Good day my comrad, I just installed a window xp service pack 3 but now my wifi and bluetooth refuse to work.
how do I go about it? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:23am On May 16, 2013
jude33084:

Good day my comrad, I just installed a window xp service pack 3 but now my wifi and bluetooth refuse to work.
how do I go about it? Thanks
Goto Device manger and notice the different devices and drivers listed...you might see some with a yellow mark, that means those once are not installed.

Buttom-line you have to download the wifi and bluetooth drivers from your manufacturer's website to make them work

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:26am On May 16, 2013
dammybravo: Don't know what's wrong with my pc, anytime I'm playing a video,the video hangs, that I will have to switch it off from the on/off button....it occurs mostly while I'm charging it, and its not the player cos I tried different ones....Any idea what might be wrong

First try a new charger and see if it still persist also try to update your video and graphic driver. If no other program is interfering and you have tried all the above then you need to see a technician might be from the processor/motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:33am On May 16, 2013
Kachi188: Pls, i use a hq compaq cq56-115dx..wit 2gb ram, 250g, hard disk and an amd processor..the system is awfully slow, nd i want 2 knw wat can b done to increase the speed. Is it possible to change d processor frm amd to intel? Hw much wil it cost 2 upgrade the ram to 4gb, any helpful suggestn wil b appreciated..i stay at Uniport,port-harcourt

As much as your computer's configuration is not on the high side i still dont see why it will not run normally depending on the packages installed and running on it though. my advice is for you to first see if no virus attack also yea AMD CPU are awful grin you can only change the whole board to get it to be an intel machine.

Try not to over load it with CPU consuming software also dont use it in a hot environment, dont place it on a surface that can block the vent from passing out hot air, try to understand the PC and what it needs and you should have a perfect PC.

to upgrade your RAM, yea....buying an additional 2GB RAM will cost you close to 10k may be...Abuja price dont know about Lagos at the moment. hope this helps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oceanterry: 10:41am On May 16, 2013
hello i have a hp pavilion dv6 1 year and two months old with broken screen for sale and a new pro-book 4530s three weeks for sale contact this number if interested 08135945415
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jude33084(m): 12:24pm On May 16, 2013
adewasco2k:
Goto Device manger and notice the different devices and drivers listed...you might see some with a yellow mark, that means those once are not installed.

Buttom-line you have to download the wifi and bluetooth drivers from your manufacturer's website to make them work

the items highlite with yellow are as follows:

bluetooth 2.1 module,
ethernet controller,
network controller,
PCI device,
SM bus controller,
video controller,
video controller (VGA compatible)

what do I do bro?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:10pm On May 16, 2013
jude33084:

the items highlite with yellow are as follows:

bluetooth 2.1 module,
ethernet controller,
network controller,
PCI device,
SM bus controller,
video controller,
video controller (VGA compatible)

what do I do bro?

I already told you what to do (visit your computer's manufacturer's website and click on download drivers or supports, you should select your own model and download the once you just listed which have yellow marks ).

If you want further help post the name and sspecific model of your computer (e.g HP G62-420CA)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 16, 2013
please my yahoo messenger and msn are not working on my laptop please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femiwayne1983: 7:08am On May 17, 2013
pls is there any application that can perform as optimizer pro that is free, my system is kind of slow at startup. when i use optimizer pro to scan my system it discover about 6721 items to clean and optimize on my pc.
1037 registry entries to be clean and optimize
547 temporary registry vaiues to clean
993 temporary internet files and folders to clean
74 visited Web pages and cookies available for removal
3996 residual files to clean
74 invalid shortcuts to remove
24 performance and optimization settings
156 programs loaded at startup. remove programs to speed up start time.or anybody with the licensing key. Is there any other way or software that can be used to clean these things.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iykeda1st(m): 11:10am On May 17, 2013
i cant watch videos on you tube
skydancer: Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olasmith10(m): 5:19pm On May 18, 2013
Hello guys,pls my lg system refused to boot,each tyme i put it on,the info on my screen is: registry file is missing or corrupt-d hard disk is 500g and it is partisioned,also d ram is 4g- pls wht can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 5:52pm On May 18, 2013
wot module n wot function does it perform in laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 18, 2013
deji2009:

try this diagnostics with and without the charger and let
us know what happened

continuous beep or one beep?

What make and model is the laptop ?
e.g. toshiba p300-20h windows vista

check the cd drive is empty.
what the voltage of your charger ?
e.g. 12v or 19volts. has the laptop
been for a service recently ?

restart the laptop keep pressing f8
select safe mode and there will be lots of
writing on the screen, don't panic.
login and see if it would take 15 minutes
to boot and also any beep ?

Note the outcome. restart it again and
keep pressing f2 or f10 for bios
does it take 15minutes to get to bios , any beeps ?
Compaq Armada E500. Windows XP
One beep.
After tryin d safe mode, it didn't beep and it started immediately, but when I did restart it, it beeped wen it showed welcome and I had 2 wait for abt 15mins b4 it showed d icons

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 11:34am On May 19, 2013
toluh: Please I need help. My laptop keeps typing Q and Z it self. I can't type a web address or my password

Adetwin IT Concept Ent.
Having a good time maintaining your Desktop Computers, Laptop, Palm Top and Network,As computer technology increases in complexity so does the need for a qualified service provider who is able to maintain and support that technology.

Contact Details:
Office Address: 12,Alof Street Off Omididun Street Lagos Island, Lagos.
Tel: +234-7057140885, +234-7082998588, +234-8133018196
Email: adetwin@hotmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2013
Chiefupper: wot module n wot function does it perform in laptop?

There are lots of things you can call a module in a computer system

there's power module
There screen module . It all depends on which module you are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.