Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266410 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:02am On May 11, 2013
paulabdeel:
A couple of days back I came across an application called my MY USB ONLY in one of the torrent sites. Google it you will find it because it is an old software already in version 7. I will advice you download and install SUPER ANTISPYWARE free version from www.majorgeeks.com. The software will take care of all the malwares and trackers that will enter your system from those sites.

good.. Learning new things everyday. wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FabulousEgeh(f): 11:21am On May 11, 2013
Please what am i supposed to do to my laptop,anytime i try to open it,it keeps telling me ''non system disk or disk error,replace and strike any key when ready''without it opening[/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princessmay(f): 1:30pm On May 11, 2013
Pls havin dis prob with my laptop,anytime i on it,it says smart hard disc error,i ll ve to press enter b4 it ll boot and it keeps hangin wen am browzin,urgent help needed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 11, 2013
princessmay: Pls havin dis prob with my laptop,anytime i on it,it says smart hard disc error,i ll ve to press enter b4 it ll boot and it keeps hangin wen am browzin,urgent help needed.
Save your important files and get your system a new hard disk before this one finally fails.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 11, 2013
pls theirs virus in my pc hw can i get rid of it thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:35am On May 12, 2013
emazion: pls theirs virus in my pc hw can i get rid of it thank you

What led you to believe that your computer is infected ? for example, I got pop up to
buy now or scan for registry errors. do you currently have an up to date antivirus software
and it is working well ? I would suggest you backup your important data using a cd/dvd.
if you like, you can use a usb stick/external hard rive but would recommend cd/dvd.

IF using CD/DVD only :

make it an habit of checking your data on another computer to make sure is already backup
into the cd/dvd. avoid carrying out an online transactions. My advice is to reformat the
computer. on this forum look for sameloge616, he may be able to help. I would have asked you
to use scanning software such as malwarebyte to remove the virus but in my country where i live
we usually do things that last longer not a temporary solution. virus will always be there
so best bet is to reformat. My colleagues may have another alternative.what make is your computer,
e.g., toshiba p300-20h windows vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2013
princessmay: Pls havin dis prob with my laptop,anytime i on it,it says smart hard disc error,i ll ve to press enter b4 it ll boot and it keeps hangin wen am browzin,urgent help needed.

all4naija: Save your important files and get your system a new hard disk before this one finally fails.

My colleague, all4naija recommend that you back your data before its get worse.
What make is your computer ? e.g., Hp G60 windows vista. providing this
information may allow us to run a bios hard drive test to query the computer, why ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stano2(m): 2:51pm On May 12, 2013
pls, how much is 2gigabyte and 1gigabyte RAM?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2013
deji2009:

What led you to believe that your computer is infected ? for example, I got pop up to
buy now or scan for registry errors. do you currently have an up to date antivirus software
and it is working well ? I would suggest you backup your important data using a cd/dvd.
if you like, you can use a usb stick/external hard rive but would recommend cd/dvd.

IF using CD/DVD only :

make it an habit of checking your data on another computer to make sure is already backup
into the cd/dvd. avoid carrying out an online transactions. My advice is to reformat the
computer. on this forum look for sameloge616, he may be able to help. I would have asked you
to use scanning software such as malwarebyte to remove the virus but in my country where i live
we usually do things that last longer not a temporary solution. virus will always be there
so best bet is to reformat. My colleagues may have another alternative.what make is your computer,
e.g., toshiba p300-20h windows vista
dj,thanks for the recommendation..really there would be no need to reformat the system.how does he know its a virus?there are alot of virus-like activities that may make a system unstable not necessarily a virus.
.so lets just work on his assumption.here are a few things to avoid:
1..dont bother scanning infected files within an infected system..if the virus has already defeated your antivirus then whats the use
2. dont bother installing a new antivirus..its like a resident thief waiting for the police to come,he is already advantaged
simple solution(try at ur own risk,better yet..let the pros do it)
1..remove ur hard drive and put in an external hard disk enclosure
2..get another system witha strong antivirus and make sure its up-to-date
3.plug in the infected external hard drive and do a full scan(warning..dont use a system with avast...it shows no tolerance for viruses..it would simply delete them..and those infected files contain system files..your system may not boot up
4...in some rare cases,be prepared to repair your OS or re-install your applications
if symptoms persist,call ur technician
or call me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:48pm On May 12, 2013
Fabulous Egeh: Please what am i supposed to do to my laptop,anytime i try to open it,it keeps telling me ''non system disk or disk error,replace and strike any key when ready''without it opening
your system files are missing or corrupt...in some cases..you have formatted the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FabulousEgeh(f): 10:11pm On May 12, 2013
Fabulous Egeh: Please what am i supposed to do to my laptop,anytime i try to open it,it keeps telling me ''non system disk or disk error,replace and strike any key when ready''without it opening

Den wat am i supposed 2 do if d system files are corrupt or if i have formatted d system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:54am On May 13, 2013
I want to buy a new motherboard for my acer aspire 5520 probably online. How do i go about it as per knowing the actual specs to buy?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:10am On May 13, 2013
i wrote an article on SMART MONITOR a few weeks ago..it helps to predict a future hard drive failure..
2..when your system hangs while you browse,it means your system has encountered a read/write error on that sector as a result of BAD SECtors
solution: regenerate the hard drive so that thos bad sectors can be repaired and data moved to another sector..
if the bad sectors are too many and cant be repaired..im afraid you might need to replace the hard drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:16am On May 13, 2013
Fabulous Egeh:

Den wat am i supposed 2 do if d system files are corrupt or if i have formatted d system?
let a pro help you attempt a backup of your files first(if it was caused by another factor else its already empty) before any further diagnosis...then,he can reload your system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by joshz1: 9:23am On May 13, 2013
Hi Forumites!

Download this free Mobile Dstv Software
No doubts it's new and amazing
Just click the link below and enjoy!

http://dstvconect..com

Hi Forumites!

Hi Forumites!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FabulousEgeh(f): 6:23pm On May 13, 2013
[quote author=Fabulous Egeh]

Thank you for your help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princessmay(f): 9:42am On May 14, 2013
@same,hw do i regenerate the hard drive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifyalways(f): 10:22am On May 14, 2013
Please,what could have happened to my windows?
I get this message every time i power on my laptop "This copy of windows is not genuine".
I think this started like 3 weeks ago and i'm sure i did not consciously try to change or update anything.

Long story short,what do i do to get the genuine windows back?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hackomania(m): 11:22am On May 14, 2013
ifyalways: Please,what could have happened to my windows?
I get this message every time i power on my laptop "This copy of windows is not genuine".
I think this started like 3 weeks ago and i'm sure i did not consciously try to change or update anything.

I'm guessing it's an unlicensed copy of Windows 7. You should get a licensed copy.
Alternatively, you can search google for the exact search query "xpvistaseven site:4shared.com Raj kumar"

I take no responsibility for what happens to your PC after using the result of this google search, so I suggest you get a fully licensed copy.
A detailed list of shops where you can get an original Windows 7 license is here
www.microsoft.com/africa/nigeria/windows/shop/

Regards
H
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:02pm On May 14, 2013
Hackomania:
I'm guessing it's an unlicensed copy of Windows 7. You should get a licensed copy.
Alternatively, you can search google for the exact search query "xpvistaseven site:4shared.com Raj kumar"

I take no responsibility for what happens to your PC after using the result of this google search, so I suggest you get a fully licensed copy.
A detailed list of shops where you can get an original Windows 7 license is here
www.microsoft.com/africa/nigeria/windows/shop/

Regards
H
grin lol..in other words..TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:05pm On May 14, 2013
princessmay: @same,hw do i regenerate the hard drive?
you can send it over to my office in opebi..over there,i would be able to run a full diagnosis on it..call me on 08061679732..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:08pm On May 14, 2013

call me on 08061679732...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:18pm On May 14, 2013

I guess you bought the system new and win7 was pre installed from the factory when you bought it.

Do this little check for "us". Turn the system and check the back to see if there's a lapel with windows 7 license key or OEM license at the back. If you can find a 25 number key then reply here and i will give you break down of what to do next.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NyanCat2013: 6:48pm On May 14, 2013
Hello

I have a dell inspiron 8500 that has "Intel Wireless" hardware on it, sometimes, the computer does this thing where it deletes a necessary item of Intel, and a window appears saying "parameter is incorrect" when that starts happening, it makes the main hardware of the computer invisible, so that i cannot access anything nor save anything i'm working on.Hundreds of those windows continue to pop up until the computer crashes. when I try to reboot it, it doesn't want to reboot for a long time. I thought it was because it was over heated, so i turn on the AC and place the computer on top of it when i'm on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rich4god(m): 11:02pm On May 14, 2013

If you are still having trouble... Just PM me and I will give you Windows 7 cracker and it will solve the trick 100% sure.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sinthe: 6:57am On May 15, 2013
Hi Forumites!

http://mydstvs..com

Hi Forumites!

http://mydstvs..com

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2013
NyanCat2013: Hello

I have a dell inspiron 8500 that has "Intel Wireless" hardware on it, sometimes, the computer does this thing where it deletes a necessary item of Intel, and a window appears saying "parameter is incorrect" when that starts happening, it makes the main hardware of the computer invisible, so that i cannot access anything nor save anything i'm working on.Hundreds of those windows continue to pop up until the computer crashes. when I try to reboot it, it doesn't want to reboot for a long time. I thought it was because it was over heated, so i turn on the AC and place the computer on top of it when i'm on it.
looks like a virus. Which operating system are you using and is your antivirus updated?

Give us more info. When you place it on the ac does this same malfunction do happen or continue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 15, 2013
Deji, I dnt knw wats wrong with my lappy. For some time now it has been hanging. When I boot my system, it beeps wen it shows welcome and it just hangs there for some tym(like 15mins) before it resumes. Wat do I do

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.