Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272972 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 8:39pm On May 07, 2013
onegig:

Right click on it in computer management and give it a drive letter. I.e x , j, or anything you feel like. It will come back instantly.
i just did as said but it came up with the same notice as the one i pasted the shot here. More helps please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by paulabdeel(m): 11:42pm On May 07, 2013
Please get Hirens Boot CD. Or better Google Hiren and go to the web page, he has a small utility called USB Format. It is about 150 kb. After downloading it run it as Administrator.
I have not been able to get the root of this complaint. I am supposing that it is nonrecognition of a USB device. If this is , correct , try this. Go to Control panel and type in Troubleshooter into search box. Under HARDWARE & SOUND, click CONFIGURE A DEVICE. You might to do this a couple of times. I had this problem for three weeks with my external hard drive. It was being recognized by Windows 8 and Ubuntu, but W7 could not recognize it because it was disabled(Virus?).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by paulabdeel(m): 11:47pm On May 07, 2013
Sorry, I didn't make things clear. The first part of the post deals with formatting a USb. The second part deals with situations where a drive or USB is not recognized by W7.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DeHero1: 12:37am On May 08, 2013
Pls guys, I am using ACER mini-laptop. Whenever I want to watch a video via the internet, I always receive the message that Flash Player not installed. Whenever I try installing it, it always stops half-way. Pls, what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:31am On May 08, 2013
Philcool: i just did as said but it came up with the same notice as the one i pasted the shot here. More helps please.

Run a system restore or repair your existing windows operating system.

But wait . I hope you have never used any partition software because they are notorious for deleting or corrupting mbr or partition table on an harddisk which is normally rectified by either formatting the hard disk.

Go through this steps and lets see what would happen

Open command prompt and type chkdsk followed by the enter key.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fullman(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2013
Pls help me , I want to connect to a VPS for forex trading and I don't know how.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:02pm On May 08, 2013
De-Hero:
Pls guys, I am using ACER mini-laptop. Whenever I want to watch a video via the internet, I always receive the message that Flash Player not installed. Whenever I try installing it, it always stops half-way. Pls, what can I do?
download the latest adobe flash player
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:09pm On May 08, 2013
onegig:

Run a system restore or repair your existing windows operating system.

But wait . I hope you have never used any partition software because they are notorious for deleting or corrupting mbr or partition table on an harddisk which is normally rectified by either formatting the hard disk.

Go through this steps and lets see what would happen

Open command prompt and type chkdsk followed by the enter key.
dude,assess the conversation and derive the info..
how can you say partition softwares are notorious?its either you dont know how to use it or it dint give you your desired results
2.you ever told you that formatting a hard drive normally rectifies the problem-WRONG!
sebi na hard drive wey computer see,it go format(ie you can only format a detected drive).formatting is always the last option and in this case,its not an option because he wouldnt even make it to that formatting aspect..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:21pm On May 08, 2013
Philcool: Sorry, the sreenshot I was trying to post was the notice that came up when I was analysing the partitioned disk at the Disk view console. Av just attached now.
The problem is that one of my partitioned disks does not display on windows explorer including its contents again. I can not assess it anymore. I only see it at Disk view console but it is not showing the way the other partitioned part (the windows booting partition). How do I get it back so I can see it displaying as a drive again and displaying its contents as usual in windows explorer. I hope I am clearer, Sameolg616.
forgive my late response..i couldnt deduce so much fromyour screenshot...to be frank,system restore would not help as a colleague earlier advised...your MBR(master boot record) or partition table appears to be damage..its simply not anyone here would be able to analyze properly unless they see it.
here is a simple self test:
goto CONTROL PANEL
-click on SYSTEM
-click on HARDWARE
-click on DEVICE MANAGER
--find DISK DRIVES in the tree and collapse it(ie click on the +)
-you will find the name of the drive there
-right-click on it and chose PROPERTIES
-click on VOLUMES
click on POPULATE and wait..
let me know the message the system returns...call me on 08061679732 for quick response..post screenshots
-
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:25pm On May 08, 2013
sameolg616:
dude,assess the conversation and derive the info..
how can you say partition softwares are notorious?its either you dont know how to use it or it dint give you your desired results
2.you ever told you that formatting a hard drive normally rectifies the problem-WRONG!
sebi na hard drive wey computer see,it go format(ie you can only format a detected drive).formatting is always the last option and in this case,its not an option because he wouldnt even make it to that formatting aspect..

Wait...you are always here to debunk what i have to say.

I will learn to ignore you seriously I thought it was normal before but its kind of an obsession now.If you can't

comprehend English Language easily maybe you go up.

I feel i shouldn't respond to you. But you seem to be the over sabi type and I need to place you where you belong.

I guess i should help you comprehend what i wrote up there since you are finding it difficult..

When i say "I hope you have never used any partition software because they are notorious for deleting or corrupting partition table on an hdd".==== You might have sabotage your hdd by the misuse of partition software. Partition softwares or normal softwares are known to be back tested for errors before they release them into the market but most users are guilty of misuse or running them too frequently(without completing each process) and thereby corrupting their partitions. You are advised not to tinker with your partitioning software . So Mr i too know.

What corrupted the harddisk?? The operating system or partition softwares. That's why there's always a stern warning that you back up any data before running most partition softwares or follow the process rigidly so as not to loose your vita files

Apart from that. From experience, most damaged hard disk i have come across from customers are always a result of people using partition softwares. So please, Try and help the users and not attack me again. I am not here fr a competition.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:45pm On May 08, 2013
onegig:

Wait...you are always here to debunk what i have to say.

I will learn to ignore you seriously I thought it was normal before but its kind of an obsession now.If you can't

comprehend English Language easily maybe you go up.

I feel i shouldn't respond to you. But you seem to be the over sabi type and I need to place you where you belong.

I guess i should help you comprehend what i wrote up there since you are finding it difficult..

When i say "I hope you have never used any partition software because they are notorious for deleting or corrupting partition table on an hdd".==== You might have sabotage your hdd by the misuse of partition software. Partition softwares or normal softwares are known to be back tested for errors before they release them into the market but most users are guilty of misuse or running them too frequently(without completing each process) and thereby corrupting their partitions. You are advised not to tinker with your partitioning software . So Mr i too know.

What corrupted the harddisk?? The operating system or partition softwares.

Apart from that. From experience, most damaged hard disk i have come across from customers are always a result of people using partition softwares. So please, Try and help the users and not attack me again. I am not here fr a competition.
dude,no competition..just corrected your assessment..what corrupted the hard disk?nice question...truthfully,we may never know because he may not even remember.
Notorious,u wrote! you could have simply asked if he used one than to say "partition softwares are notorious"*(u generalised)and i simply thought it was a DUMB and DUMBER reasoning!on your second post,u contradicted yourself with the statement "you might have sabotage your hdd by the misuse of partition software"(correction acknowledged).
now,get this straight-i stand corrected for any statement i make here.in the past,ihave been corrected by deji2009(he taught me to be professional abt giving out win 7 cracks online),zimdrill(those are names of a few great dudes here on nairaland and dont even recall ur name until u showed up here recently)the idea of this forum is to learn collectively and help others within my capacity of my expertise.so dont get it twisted,NO COMPETITION cuz you just dont rank yet..
what i say i do and would do...i do very well(aint bragging cuz i can always back it up)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2013
sameolg616:
get this straight-i stand corrected for any statement i make here.in the past,ihave been corrected by deji2009(he taught me to be professional abt giving out win 7 cracks online),zimdrill(those are names of a few great dudes here on nairaland and dont even recall ur name until u showed up here recently)the idea of this forum is to learn collectively and help others within my capacity of my expertise.so dont get it twisted,NO COMPETITION cuz you just dont rank yet..
what i say i do and would do...i do very well(aint bragging cuz i can always back it up)

Or so that's where the problem lies. An old member ?? I have always said the way you think and "most" black Africans think is alike. If you were the one who invented the pc. I guess we should still be stuck in 1960 generation of computers.... I will quit arguing back and forth with you. You can enjoy your day.

I still stand by my word. Most partition problems we see or encounter are notoriously caused by the use of partition softwares.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2013
hey dudes, no need to fight over all this, we are all here to contribute ideas as "no man is an island"...... some partitioning software can actually damage your HDD...i have experienced that before, but surely not all partitioning software!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 5:29pm On May 08, 2013
Please engineers،،help, cos right now I feel like crying, I on my hp 4515 pro book, now as I was working on it(reading a pdf file, I just Saw a cross on the screen, a red stroke that cross the symbol of a mouse nd since then, d mouse has not worked, it will work when I enter my password to boot but will stop working after, someone please help me, please help me, I bought the laptop just last year. Am really confused :'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:16pm On May 08, 2013
Immanuelar: Please engineers،،help, cos right now I feel like crying, I on my hp 4515 pro book, now as I was working on it(reading a pdf file, I just Saw a cross on the screen, a red stroke that cross the symbol of a mouse nd since then, d mouse has not worked, it will work when I enter my password to boot but will stop working after, someone please help me, please help me, I bought the laptop just last year. Am really confused :'

On mobile presently....but i guess your hp has a touchpad lock

Follow these steps to enable it back.

Enabling the HP Touchpad
1. Press the "On/Off" button beside the touchpad to turn on the touchpad. If your HP laptop does not include an "On/Off" button, press and hold the top right corner of the touchpad for five seconds and then release. A small light turns off and the touchpad icon appears briefly.

2. Click the Windows "Start" menu and click the "Control Panel."

Select the "Device Settings" tab and click "Enable" to enable the touchpad. Click "OK" to save the changes.

Link is here... To read more

http://www.ehow.com/how_6760001_enable-disable-hp-touchpad.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:27pm On May 08, 2013
Immanuelar: Please engineers،،help, cos right now I feel like crying, I on my hp 4515 pro book, now as I was working on it(reading a pdf file, I just Saw a cross on the screen, a red stroke that cross the symbol of a mouse nd since then, d mouse has not worked, it will work when I enter my password to boot but will stop working after, someone please help me, please help me, I bought the laptop just last year. Am really confused :'
look for a dot on the touchpad and tap it twice to unlock it

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topcy90(m): 6:41pm On May 08, 2013
Hp laptop for sale pls email me on samtope2@gmail
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 8:40pm On May 08, 2013
adewasco2k:
look for a dot on the touchpad and tap it twice to unlock it
tanx man, I really appreciate you, I locked the touchpad unknowingly but av now restored the computer nd it's now working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 8:44pm On May 08, 2013
onegig:

On mobile presently....but i guess your hp has a touchpad lock

Follow these steps to enable it back.

Enabling the HP Touchpad
1. Press the "On/Off" button beside the touchpad to turn on the touchpad. If your HP laptop does not include an "On/Off" button, press and hold the top right corner of the touchpad for five seconds and then release. A small light turns off and the touchpad icon appears briefly.

2. Click the Windows "Start" menu and click the "Control Panel."

Select the "Device Settings" tab and click "Enable" to enable the touchpad. Click "OK" to save the changes.

Link is here... To read more

http://www.ehow.com/how_6760001_enable-disable-hp-touchpad.html

tanx sir, I really appreciate you, maybe I unknowingly locked the touchpad. But I have restored the computer nd it's now working properly, thank you for your response may you also fine help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MIDAS43: 5:05am On May 09, 2013
HI, MY TOSHIBA LAPTOP SHUTS DOWN ABROPTLY EARLIER. BUT NOW IT DOES NOT LOAD AT ALL.
CAN ANYBODY BE OF HELP?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:51am On May 09, 2013
MIDAS_42: HI, MY TOSHIBA LAPTOP SHUTS DOWN ABROPTLY EARLIER. BUT NOW IT DOES NOT LOAD AT ALL.
CAN ANYBODY BE OF HELP?
what is the message you get or it doesn't even try to boot...give detailed info as we can only imagine what is wrong by your description since we are not with the computer physically

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:53am On May 09, 2013
MIDAS_42: HI, MY TOSHIBA LAPTOP SHUTS DOWN ABROPTLY EARLIER. BUT NOW IT DOES NOT LOAD AT ALL.
CAN ANYBODY BE OF HELP?

Oga..we no be winch or wizard .

Give us more details.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gudnex(m): 7:09am On May 10, 2013
please, hw do i password my system usb port for hp 630 window 7 operating system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:13am On May 10, 2013
Gudnex: please, hw do i password my system usb port for hp 630 window 7 operating system
password usb port Not possible.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 10:01am On May 10, 2013
sameolg616:
forgive my late response..i couldnt deduce so much fromyour screenshot...to be frank,system restore would not help as a colleague earlier advised...your MBR(master boot record) or partition table appears to be damage..its simply not anyone here would be able to analyze properly unless they see it.
here is a simple self test:
goto CONTROL PANEL
-click on SYSTEM
-click on HARDWARE
-click on DEVICE MANAGER
--find DISK DRIVES in the tree and collapse it(ie click on the +)
-you will find the name of the drive there
-right-click on it and chose PROPERTIES
-click on VOLUMES
click on POPULATE and wait..
let me know the message the system returns...call me on 08061679732 for quick response..post screenshots
-
I have done and this was the screenshot. I am yet to see the other partitions: Drive F (124gb for saving files) & Drive E (3gb for system recovery files).

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by paulabdeel(m): 12:19pm On May 10, 2013
Gudnex: please, hw do i password my system usb port for hp 630 window 7 operating system
A couple of days back I came across an application called my MY USB ONLY in one of the torrent sites. Google it you will find it because it is an old software already in version 7. I will advice you download and install SUPER ANTISPYWARE free version from www.majorgeeks.com. The software will take care of all the malwares and trackers that will enter your system from those sites.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2013
very possible..you will PORT LOCK it..( small program that will lock all ur usb ports with a password) or if you are an expert,you can simply create a group policy with GPEDIT to lock it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2013
Philcool: I have done and this was the screenshot. I am yet to see the other partitions: Drive F (124gb for saving files) & Drive E (3gb for system recovery files).
until i see the drive,i can only do so much and no more for now!give me a call 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 7:48pm On May 10, 2013
paulabdeel:
A couple of days back I came across an application called my MY USB ONLY in one of the torrent sites. Google it you will find it because it is an old software already in version 7. I will advice you download and install SUPER ANTISPYWARE free version from www.majorgeeks.com. The software will take care of all the malwares and trackers that will enter your system from those sites.
very correct..MYUSBONLY..i have the full version 7(2012)..i almost recommended usb port locked...but the former is stronger and better
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by snipher: 9:32pm On May 10, 2013
@ sky dancer,can you help me with norton internet security valid key....i rilly need it....thanks in advance...my email:francisasseductivecool@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.