Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277691 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
please how do i get the windows 8 product key of my laptop? Its a new one and require product key for activation. i can't find it on the laptop's pack or under the laptop. is there any how i can get it from the system itself?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
pxjosh: please how do i get the windows 8 product key of my laptop? Its a new one and require product key for activation. i can't find it on the laptop's pack or under the laptop. is there any how i can get it from the system itself?

On new machines coming with Windows 8, the Product Key is now encypted in the Bios so all you need is just go online and activate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
lepasharon:

Lol,I guess you got a lucky. As for me? Someone get me a HP !
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR YOUR HP LAPTOP. CHECK MY SIGNATURE MESSAGE FOR CONTACT DETAILS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Oxone:

On new machines coming with Windows 8, the Product Key is now encypted in the Bios so all you need is just go online and activate.
ok. I've found the product key. the system came preinstalled with Microsoft office; that requires a product key to activate. is the product key same with the system's or I need to purchase a disc to be able to use Microsoft office?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
pxjosh: ok. I've found the product key. the system came preinstalled with Microsoft office; that requires a product key to activate. is the product key same with the system's or I need to purchase a disc to be able to use Microsoft office?

yes o cos Ofiice key is different from windows key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by colleen88: 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
Everytime I turn on my computer the power light is on inmy CPU but my monitor light still in orange, it supposed to be blue when it boot..then I will just tighten all my cables and connection the next time I turn on, it will turn on but a lot of garbled letters like MATRIX, and line of colors appearing in my monitor, but when windows start there has no problem with it..is that a videocard problem or just software
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
Choi... see love language aoooo. na you dey talk geek like this... chai... **feeling swooned**a

Hehehehehe... geeky jargons tickles me

grin grin
Oxone:

well you didn't say when the problem started and if you installed a software prior to that.

I'll assume this problem didn't come with the laptop and based on that I'll say try updating VLC to the latest version or uninstall and see if the problem persist with other players (This is assuming VLC Media Player is the only one installed that isn't native to the OS).

That's the expected behaviour of a low resolution video.

On second thought I'll suggest you check your system to see if something that an app/process that shouldn't be running is running in the background or a malware/spyware/virus

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
shoefreak: Choi... see love language aoooo. na you dey talk geek like this... chai... **feeling swooned**a

Hehehehehe... geeky jargons tickles me

grin grin

Hehehehe no be me o........probably my alter ego, you know the geeky one

As for moi, I'm all about love and romance grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Abeg, werrin be him name. Wia he dey live? grin
Oxone:

Hehehehe no be me o........probably my alter ego, you know the geeky one

As for moi, I'm all about love and romance grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
shoefreak: Abeg, werrin be him name. Wia he dey live? grin

Strangely He goes by the name Oxone too, I'll get his details when next i see him grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
Oxone:

yes o cos Ofiice key is different from windows key
ok thank you. I have a system that has its mouse malfunctioning. so I decided to purchase an external USB mouse for temporary use. not quite long I plugged the external; some of the system's keyboard started malfunctioning. on troubleshooting, I discovered that the driver key_board filter 01 is missing plus another driver. I don't know if formatting will solve the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topstar80(m): 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
pls help me......my dell inspiron 3521 windows 8 WiFi and Bluetooth are not switching on......pls help me...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
topstar80: pls help me......my dell inspiron 3521 windows 8 WiFi and Bluetooth are not switching on......pls help me...

What have you pressed to switch it on ?

Please tell us what you have tried.
what happened when you on the wifi and
the bluetooth, any error message ?

Has it ever worked before?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
wilson61: Pls how do i run god of war -ghost of sparta on my pc,it's telin me ''your display format is not compatible with jpcsp or d anti-aliasing settings is not supported by your display...it's an hp elitebook 6930p,2gb ram,2.40ghz,256vram

check gogle for od of war -ghost of sparta and its system requirement then
comapre it to yours. you can usee google to resarch how to change your laptop display settings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ademola1333(m): 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
onegig: I must tell you this is unique. That means your system goes on automatically without even pressing the on key? The only thing i can advise is you take it to a technician to help you check it. Seems like the power key is faulty or fixed in .

Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintruky(m): 12:20am On Aug 08, 2014
Please help oooo... My newly bought hp laptop is exposed to virus. Anti-virus that came with it lasted for a single month. Malware has been attacking the pc seriously. Please which is the best anti virus to use and what is the cost? Someone come to my aid asap.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topstar80(m): 4:35am On Aug 08, 2014
deji2009:

What have you pressed to switch it on ?

Please tell us what you have tried.
what happened when you on the wifi and
the bluetooth, any error message ?

Has it ever worked before?
...it has worked before....I just saw both the WiFi and Bluetooth switch fade compared to the airplane mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2014
topstar80: ...it has worked before....I just saw both the WiFi and Bluetooth switch fade compared to the airplane mode

I can get my head around this, may i ask ?

how do you normally switch on your wifi, e.g. fn+ f ? key

do you mean the wifi and the bluetooth icons disappeared d ?
if it has, have you check desktop notification settings ?

ok right click on thestart menu on your windows 8 and click contro panel
then look for system information the device manager click the + sign next to
device manager and tell us what is there. for example atheros wifi adaptor, can
you any exclamation mark ? when did it last worked precisely ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:24am On Aug 08, 2014
saintruky: Please help oooo... My newly bought hp laptop is exposed to virus. Anti-virus that came with it lasted for a single month. Malware has been attacking the pc seriously. Please which is the best anti virus to use and what is the cost? Someone come to my aid asap.

I would recommend superantispyware. you can search for it on google and make
sure you download the free one. Open the downloaded software and scan your

computer. you would most likely find 250 if not a thousand junks. After you have scanned
your machine, scan it again. After that uninstall the software, as in delete the software

in control panel add/remove programs. This is ensure that the current installation does not
interfere with the new one. after that head to google and download microsoft security essential.
make sure you update the new antivirus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wilson61(m): 9:43am On Aug 08, 2014
deji2009:

check gogle for od of war -ghost of sparta and its system requirement then
comapre it to yours. you can usee google to resarch how to change your laptop display settings
thanks bro,wil do dat
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 0955eb027(m): 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
I av a hp(dv7) which I bought in 2011. I woke up 1 morning 2 discover that d system is smelling (like sumtin is burnt in it). Wen I took it 2 an engineer, I learnt that d power is damaged bt he could not get a solution. Again, I took It 2 another engr (dis tym, it was d person dat sold it 2 me); he told me dat d board is damaged ( little drop of water being d cause) and d range of a new board is 28 to 30k which I do not av den. Fast forward 2012 (when I came bak 4rm skool) I took it 2 him cos m prepared 2 pay d 30k. He gave it 2 his boys 2 work on it; he said dey av 2 take it to where dey ll buy d board (reason being dat if it fails 2 work, it ll be easier 2 return it 2 d seller). Wen dey got bak, I was told dat d screen is displaying internally (meaning d screen is damaged as well). I dnt knw if its possible for an used system to develop fault. What I want 2 knw is if d system can be repaired and at what price...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
0955eb027: I av a hp(dv7) which I bought in 2011. I woke up 1 morning 2 discover that d system is smelling (like sumtin is burnt in it). Wen I took it 2 an engineer, I learnt that d power is damaged bt he could not get a solution. Again, I took It 2 another engr (dis tym, it was d person dat sold it 2 me); he told me dat d board is damaged ( little drop of water being d cause) and d range of a new board is 28 to 30k which I do not av den. Fast forward 2012 (when I came bak 4rm skool) I took it 2 him cos m prepared 2 pay d 30k. He gave it 2 his boys 2 work on it; he said dey av 2 take it to where dey ll buy d board (reason being dat if it fails 2 work, it ll be easier 2 return it 2 d seller). Wen dey got bak, I was told dat d screen is displaying internally (meaning d screen is damaged as well). I dnt knw if its possible for an used system to develop fault. What I want 2 knw is if d system can be repaired and at what price...

It wont be worth me man cos the price of the board and screen will get you a decent used laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by atere55(m): 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
I can't get anywhere. I have a 160 GB pushbotton external hard drive, seagate brand, connected with a 2.0 USB. It worked fine, then all of a sudden when I tried to open it all I got was an I/O device error. At first people told me this was a registry problem, but when I tried plugging it into other systems the same error popped up. Strangly, the drive used to read E, but now reads as G. I don't think this is entirely the cause of the problem though, because when I tried plugging this into other systems it read E, but still with the same I/O device error. I have Windows XP on an HP notebook, and I am clueless. I tried disabeling the device, re-enableing the device, uninstalling the device and reinstalling the device. I tried a registry cleaner but it only cleaned 50 problems. I purchased a new cable and that didn't work either, and plugged both cables into all 4 of my USB ports. Is there a solution? Does any one know what an I/O device error means? Can I retrieve my information? I'm willing to drive very far and buy very expensive software to do this, so please tell me if there is any software that can help. Also, please tell me if there is any basic thing I can do to help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunday4real(m): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Plz help me...I formated my pc from windows 7-8.

it worked perfectly for some weeks after it started asking for activation key.

I tried d activation key on d software but failed to work. I was told it will only work for 30 days before shutting off.

Plz how could I get a compatible activation key or a link to help.
someone said he can crack it.is it true?
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by liminister: 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
Why Is It That Each Time I Connect A USB Flash To My Laptop, Autorun Wil Appear An Also It Moves All My Folders To A New Folder. Help Me Pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
liminister: Why Is It That Each Time I Connect A USB Flash To My Laptop, Autorun Wil Appear An Also It Moves All My Folders To A New Folder. Help Me Pls.
DON'T BE SCARED. YOUR MACHINE IS SET TO AUTORUN MEMORY DEVICES CONNECTED TO IT. YOU MAY BE WORRIED IF YOUR FILES ARE HIDDEN.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
@ atere55 can you come to computer village ikeja for recovery of your files? Chances are 50 50.I will show you a better way to employ external HDD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by liminister: 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
how can i stop it from moving my files to another folder an also to stop the autorun too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obisunny1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Who do I delete all the things in laptop when formatting it. So that at the there will be no folder called window.old in my program file in C:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mzwoomi(f): 12:05am On Aug 10, 2014
Please, I think my bluetooth and wi-fi has crashed, what do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
obisunny1: Who do I delete all the things in laptop when formatting it. So that at the there will be no folder called window.old in my program file in C:

I don't seem to understand your write up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
liminister: how can i stop it from moving my files to another folder an also to stop the autorun too.

Let me show you a little way to fish. Enter google.com in browser. Then enter your worries inside the search bar. grin E.g: "How to stop autorun"
and click go/enter. Thank me later.

OR take you machine to good technician.

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.