Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,320 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269788 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
samci: I removed one ram n tried it n replaced it bk, I have removed d simos b3, hard drive, processor n left it overnyt (I driened it) n I replaced everything back bt nothing hapenned, I den removed d processor n I'm looking for an i7 processor bt culdnt find so I used a core i3 processor n later replaced it with the i7 bt its still doing same thing. So wat else du I try please

It could be a bad ram. Had a similar problem on my dell where it will boot but not display. still change the second ram and put this one back. Try it lets see
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emperor2014: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
Emperor2014: Pls how much can I get a board/panel for my hp tx2 touchsmart pc. The board developed fault

Who can answer this pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
Emperor2014: Pls how much can I get a board/panel for my hp tx2 touchsmart pc. The board developed fault
I am also in need of this same board. Asked around, the last one i got the guy sold it out before i got back in touch. That board is scarce. Would be ordering online. Pm me if you interested too.

Samci.. You have bricked your system and your bios is corrupt. I doubt you can handle that on your own. If you contact Dell they would tell you straight you need a new board. Howevers, one can always recover it. But it means recreating things from scratch and writing the new bios software to the board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by julioralph(m): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
deji2009:

no. Download it to a usb stick or directly to the computer
okay
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by julioralph(m): 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
EMMAACHILE:

Update your drivers online by going to device manager
alright thanks, will try it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emperor2014: 9:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
onegig: I am also in need of this same board. Asked around, the last one i got the guy sold it out before i got back in touch. That board is scarce. Would be ordering online. Pm me if you interested too.

Samci.. You have bricked your system and your bios is corrupt. I doubt you can handle that on your own. If you contact Dell they would tell you straight you need a new board. Howevers, one can always recover it. But it means recreating things from scratch and writing the new bios software to the board.
I need it if you can get it let me know
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 02, 2014
Good morning tech gurus.

My laptop compaq presario cq42.. The laptop when I power it on in less than 3 seconds it powers off.

I tried powering direct in ac without battery same happened.

Help me out..thanks .God bless.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timothy3113(m): 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
Pls hw much is dell laptop battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
Emperor2014: I need it if you can get it let me know
I can. But should be ordering one next week.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
cowleg: Good morning tech gurus.

My laptop compaq presario cq42.. The laptop when I power it on in less than 3 seconds it powers off.

I tried powering direct in ac without battery same happened.

Help me out..thanks .God bless.
What signs is it giving you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
Timothy3113: Pls hw much is dell laptop battery
6k.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ademola1333(m): 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
Pls help! My HP G56 wireless light remains on afta shutting down.Dis drained d battery till it damaged.Now am usin it without battery, anytime I plug in d powerpack, d wireless light and d light indicator on d disc drive gt on even without putting d system on.Even wen I connect usb cable n plug in my fone, d fone will charge without putting d system on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
onegig: What signs is it giving you?

None..it just started like that..

When I press on button it remain stale but when I remove n insert batery it powers and trip off within 2 seconds..

Help me??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bot101(m): 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
my laptop's charging port got damaged a few days ago(the port is bridging and i don't trust its reliability anymore) and i need a replacement. anybody here who can help me get it and deliver to enugu should please kindly indicate. the part number is 6-71-M66UR-D04
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bot101(m): 11:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
deji2009:

L@@K beside the laptop, where you normally plug the charger and see
if any burnt. connect your charger, please don't plug it into the mains
just to the laptop. After that try wiggling the charger and see if you can
feel anything loose.

exactly what happened with my pc, i have uncoupled the whole system and disconnected the charging port panel. i am looking for a replacement, here's the part number in case you can be of help
6-71-M66UR-D04
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emperor2014: 2:41am On Aug 03, 2014
onegig: I can. But should be ordering one next week.
How much is it and will you order mine too?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
How do I gain access to a laptop after I have forgotten its password guys.?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
purplekayc: How do I gain access to a laptop after I have forgotten its password guys.?
Use pcunlocker
See here. http://m.instructables.com/id/Step-by-step-tutorial-to-install-PCUnlocker-on-USB/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
Emperor2014:
How much is it and will you order mine too?
I can't give exact figures that would deliver it yet. But i will confirm. Just send me a pm.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emperor2014: 9:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
onegig: I can't give exact figures that would deliver it yet. But i will confirm. Just send me a pm.

Ok no p.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sben2308(m): 5:38am On Aug 04, 2014
Please dear frnd hw do i use command prompt on my system beacause i have a flash that has virus and all the items dont show and i want it to show.Please help me out.Thanks and can send a msg to sben2308 at gmail dot com ...Thanks again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 7:40am On Aug 04, 2014
onegig:

When you remove the external mouse, does the keyboard return to normal function?
I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver, on restarting the system, the driver installed itself again! the problem still continues
onegig:

When you remove the external mouse, does the keyboard return to normal function?
I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver, on restarting the system, the driver installed itself again! the problem still continues. later on I went to control panel > hardware and sound > devices and printers . I clicked on the device having a laptop shaped icon, and discovered it needed troubleshooting. on troubleshooting, the problems found were: Lexmark x422 has driver problem, keyboard_filter_01 doesn't have a driver.both problems were not fixed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 04, 2014
sben2308: Please dear frnd hw do i use command prompt on my system beacause i have a flash that has virus and all the items dont show and i want it to show.Please help me out.Thanks and can send a msg to sben2308 at gmail dot com ...Thanks again
Open file manager and open the flash drive
Type this in the search bar by the right
*.*
Then enter.

Download this to clear your pc
https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=zDPfU8WJNsGnyASEs4KwAw&url=http://filehippo.com/en/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/tech/&cd=1&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGn9_PnNUAvEDrMoPnNn36vaPf_lQ&sig2=Jx9Bxjm0X_HD5zlL_gPByg
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 11:00am On Aug 04, 2014
My system suddenly started showing Edit Boot Options on startup, if I press '' enter'' it starts up normally....it shows this every time i boot it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debbieniffy(f): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Open file manager and open the flash drive
Type this in the search bar by the right
*.*
Then enter.

Download this to clear your pc
https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=zDPfU8WJNsGnyASEs4KwAw&url=http://filehippo.com/en/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/tech/&cd=1&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGn9_PnNUAvEDrMoPnNn36vaPf_lQ&sig2=Jx9Bxjm0X_HD5zlL_gPByg

pls I have a problem installing Windows 8 on my laptop, kindly help me out pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Debbieniffy:
pls I have a problem installing Windows 8 on my laptop, kindly help me out pls

Which os is on it now? And what is the brand name and model of laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
ahmedgafar7: My system suddenly started showing Edit Boot Options on startup, if I press '' enter'' it starts up normally....it shows this every time i boot it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debbieniffy(f): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
EMMAACHILE:

Which os is on it now? And what is the brand name and model of laptop.

Windows 7, HP 650
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akmaldini(m): 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
[quote author=skydancer]I've been very busy,
@stan: pls give me more details. What error messages does it give? What does it do when you try to convert? Do other converters work? Your formatting problem is typically that of a virus problem. A virus can hook files in a removable drive and work with it, thus you are unable to eject it or format it. It is no use formatting a drive on a virus infected computer. Because immediately after that, the virus rehooks. Open command prompt and type 'control folders'. A window will popup. Click the view tab. Scroll and check view hidden files and folders. uncheck the hide system files and hide known file extensions. This will enable you to see hidden viruses in your flash. Alternatively, you can write 'attrib -h -s E:\*.*' where E is the label of your removable drive.
but pz hw can I change d C to E?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joysmart(f): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
house please help me. I did a Windows update 4 days ago and since then I've not been able to connect to Internet. The response I keep getting is the device has been disconnected or is unavailable please what do I do? I use dell inspiron 3521 windows 8 laptop. I mtn modem and also tether with my phone sometimes. somebody please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Debbieniffy:

Windows 7, HP 650

Then it should work. What is the exact problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debbieniffy(f): 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
EMMAACHILE:

Then it should work. What is the exact problem?

what really happened was that I changed d Windows 4rm 8 to 7, some of the application I installed are not working, so I want to go back to windows 8 now

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.