Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265905 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 11:59am On Aug 15, 2014
good afternoon house, I wanted to install AutoCAD software on my system (window 7 ultimate 64 bit ) but I couldn't so when I checked the software case I discovered it was meant for 32 bit only, I have bought up to five software now and to my surprise they are all 32 bit, my question is is there no 64 bit software and if there is why is it that 32 bit are more common than 64 bit and finally which one is better in terms of function between the two? thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xxgig(m): 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
For some months now, i have noticed that when i am using my system (compaq presario CQ57), i see a flash of a program icon on the taskbar trying to load, it happens so fast that i have not been able to see properly what program is trying to load. each time this happens, every application i am running on full screen becomes minimized. please what should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chiefupper: good afternoon house, I wanted to install AutoCAD software on my system (window 7 ultimate 64 bit ) but I couldn't so when I checked the software case I discovered it was meant for 32 bit only, I have bought up to five software now and to my surprise they are all 32 bit, my question is is there no 64 bit software and if there is why is it that 32 bit are more common than 64 bit and finally which one is better in terms of function between the two? thanks

Most programs designed for a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows will run fine on a computer running a 64-bit version of Windows. (Notable exceptions are antivirus programs.) However, most programs designed specifically for a 64-bit version of Windows will often run faster, especially if they involve intensive tasks such as editing high-definition video or operating a large database.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
pls how do i configure my universal modem on my system ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolors: 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
BetaTechnicians:
download revo uninstaller and use for effective uninstalling of programs. there's also an avast uninstaller program

tanx bro but after uninstalling nd wanted to install back it was telling me anoda story entirely nd is dere any antivirus dat u can recommend apart frm avast?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
xxgig: For some months now, i have noticed that when i am using my system (compaq presario CQ57), i see a flash of a program icon on the taskbar trying to load, it happens so fast that i have not been able to see properly what program is trying to load. each time this happens, every application i am running on full screen becomes minimized. please what should i do?

that means there is an unwanted program on ur system, ok go to start type run in the search column then type msconfig & hit ur enter key after that a dialog box will come up locate the startup what u do now under d startup column uncheck d unwanted startup programs after that apply & restart ur system to confirm if it still comes up... Note: If You Can't Please Lets Know
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Oxone:

Most programs designed for a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows will run fine on a computer running a 64-bit version of Windows. (Notable exceptions are antivirus programs.) However, most programs designed specifically for a 64-bit version of Windows will often run faster, especially if they involve intensive tasks such as editing high-definition video or operating a large database.
this was exactly what I was told by many people but when I later read through the casing of the second software I bought, I saw "32 bit only " on it so I thought it can not work vice versa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ikevin(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
deji2009:

The technician assumed that the IC was faulty, but we need t o be sure that the tec
has carried out some basic test. plug the charger, can you see the charger LED light on the
laptop that indicate the laptop is charging. can you feel anything loose inside the laptop ? try wigging the
charger as you connect to the laptop and see if you can feel anything loose inside. the charger would
give you that feeling once you connect. try wiggling it and see if any LED light blinks as well
thanks for the reply brof, 1-the LED light is on 2- the laptop indicates full charge within minutes of appearing to charge 3- I can't really say anything about anything loose in the laptop, but the laptop seems okay 4-the charger is good, nothing wrong with it as I have changed it twice 5-something is wrong with the laptop, do advise tech geeks, thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chiefupper: this was exactly what I was told by many people but when I later read through the casing of the second software I bought, I saw "32 bit only " on it so I thought it can not work vice versa

64bit applications will not run on 32bit OS. The OS won't even accept the installation but would rather show an error message.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by freesty(m): 6:34am On Aug 16, 2014
hello friends,pls how much does it cost to replace a cracked HP 650 laptop screen?...

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 8:08am On Aug 16, 2014
TUNEX89: pls how do i configure my universal modem on my system ?
i need response on this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dharmmieojo(m): 9:05am On Aug 16, 2014
Chiefupper: this was exactly what I was told by many people but when I later read through the casing of the second software I bought, I saw "32 bit only " on it so I thought it can not work vice versa

Am an rchi student using most of d cads on m system dis cads run for 32 bit for 32 bit system nd 64 for 64 I doubt if 32 autocad works on 64 try get a 64 bit autocad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dharmmieojo(m): 9:13am On Aug 16, 2014
Guys each time I plug my systen into power it goes blank den pops up again the same tin wen power goes off, I noticed d monitor wen not in power is in 40mhz nd wen I plug it it shows 60 I believ its d diff dats making it blnk nd come up again cuz its tryn 2 change I try to make both equal it stops but once I restrt d sytem it changes bckm I knw its not normal once u power ur system d only diff is d brightness wen dir is power nd wen dir isn't any help pals?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2014
ikevin: thanks for the reply brof, 1-the LED light is on 2- the laptop indicates full charge within minutes of appearing to charge 3- I can't really say anything about anything loose in the laptop, but the laptop seems okay 4-the charger is good, nothing wrong with it as I have changed it twice 5-something is wrong with the laptop, do advise tech geeks, thanks in advance.

back to basics

does it turned on ?

have you tried with or
without the battery ?

i tihnk you're better off
buying another laptop rather than
repairining it. This is the last resort.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:16am On Aug 16, 2014
Dharmmieojo: Guys each time I plug my systen into power it goes blank den pops up again the same tin wen power goes off, I noticed d monitor wen not in power is in 40mhz nd wen I plug it it shows 60 I believ its d diff dats making it blnk nd come up again cuz its tryn 2 change I try to make both equal it stops but once I restrt d sytem it changes bckm I knw its not normal once u power ur system d only diff is d brightness wen dir is power nd wen dir isn't any help pals?

Computer make and model number please

xp or vita ? any recent repairs ?

do you use generator of recent ?

any windows tweaking recently, windows
tweaking is where you change the settings
to a higher value. for example registry wait to kill 20000
to 1000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
Pls guru in the house help o! My laptop is behaving funny. The cursor always hook and it won't move again untill i turn it off. What could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
hi everyone
i need help i copied call of duty mw3(modern warfare) from a friend''s system buh the game wont open each time i click on the game i get an error window pops up saying 'ERROR:could not find zone code_pre_gfx.ff' help o please anyone with solution smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Oxone:

64bit applications will not run on 32bit OS. The OS won't even accept the installation but would rather show an error message.
the problem I have is that I can't get that of 64 bit around me here (ilorin)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
freesty: hello friends,pls how much does it cost to replace a cracked HP 650 laptop screen?...

good day, ur location pls? it will cost you #11500
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
Chiefupper: the problem I have is that I can't get that of 64 bit around me here (ilorin)

So make do with the 32bit app man, you'll only notice a difference in a few apps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigsam360(m): 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hi guys, please I need help with my browser/system, it keeps showing me dat am in UK wenever I connect to d internet. Wen I google or visit any sites, it's d UK version dat it takes me to, I av severally refresh nd even formatted d system, boh still having same issue. Any suggestions will b appreciated.

I already Created a thread for it before realizing dis one
https://www.nairaland.com/1859055/urgent-needed-please#25504204
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayomidearo(m): 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
pls my laptop shuts down itself I don't know y someone told me its overheating Buh my fan is rolling I don't know wah is wrong pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayomidearo(m): 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
pls help my system is not coming on Buh d power button light is on Buh its not displaying anything
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
I am encountering a strange problem in Windows 8.1. Any full screen program I am using will just suddenly minimize to taskbar with no input at all from me. Has anyone experienced something similar? Any solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
Good day house...
My laptop got spoilt so i got a new one... I removed d hard drive of d former one because i had very important files on it. So i got an external case to use with the hard drive.. It worked perfectly for about a week but now... It has refused to work..
It shows up on my computer as (H: ) but it won't open.. So i cant access the files... Pls what do u think the problem is? I hope its not that d hard drive is gone?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigsam360(m): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
bigsam360: Hi guys, please I need help with my browser/system, it keeps showing me dat am in UK wenever I connect to d internet. Wen I google or visit any sites, it's d UK version dat it takes me to, I av severally refresh nd even formatted d system, boh still having same issue. Any suggestions will b appreciated.
Oxone:

So make do with the 32bit app man, you'll only notice a difference in a few apps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
DrHesjay: Good day house...
My laptop got spoilt so i got a new one... I removed d hard drive of d former one because i had very important files on it. So i got an external case to use with the hard drive.. It worked perfectly for about a week but now... It has refused to work..
It shows up on my computer as (H: ) but it won't open.. So i cant access the files... Pls what do u think the problem is? I hope its not that d hard drive is gone?

The partition table is faulty. You can use a file recovery software to get back your files if you r still interested in them, otherwise delete the partition and format, should get your hard disk working again. And check that external casing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
ayomidearo: pls help my system is not coming on Buh d power button light is on Buh its not displaying anything

If you can connect it to an external monitor to check if it displays, otherwise take it to a technician it could anything from bad screen to a faulty motherboard or your RAM needs resitting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
bigsam360: Hi guys, please I need help with my browser/system, it keeps showing me dat am in UK wenever I connect to d internet. Wen I google or visit any sites, it's d UK version dat it takes me to, I av severally refresh nd even formatted d system, boh still having same issue. Any suggestions will b appreciated.

Reformatting would have solved the problem, since it didn't, have you tried other browsers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
MARKone:

The partition table is faulty. You can use a file recovery software to get back your files if you r still interested in them, otherwise delete the partition and format, should get your hard disk working again. And check that external casing.
thanks..
pls how do I go abt the recovery software n stuff..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yeuch: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2014
deji2009:

What happened ? please be specific
It was booting and my little sis wanted to shut it down and used the ON button and it hanged I had to remove the battery so it would off and since then normal booting has been a problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iggyok(m): 12:40am On Aug 18, 2014
Please gurus i got this message while trying to use my Nokia asha 501 as modem, Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established,so the port used for this connection was closed. Please i need your help about that

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.