Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277725 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
Pls.d port for connectn my charger jxt gt bad...hw much do I use in fixing it pls...and who can help me do dat
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
BetaTechnicians:
Why exactly do you want to use a 64 bit? What do you use the system for? 64 bit enables you to maximise the functionalities of the pc.
Pls.d port for connectn my charger jxt gt bad...hw much do I use in fixing it pls...and who can help me do dat
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayomidearo(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
BetaTechnicians:
What's the brand? How many times does the caps lock blink?
its Compaq 615 and it blinks 5-6 times thanks in advance pls I need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debbieniffy(f): 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
BetaTechnicians:

Can u remove the keyboard yourself ?

pls I av a problem with my laptop, I want to change windows 7 to windows 8 but its not installing pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BetaTechnicians: 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
ayomidearo: its Compaq 615 and it blinks 5-6 times thanks in advance
it can't be 5 - 6, you have to be specific. it should blink repeatedly and consistently before starting again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BetaTechnicians: 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
SuperMartins: Pls.d port for connectn my charger jxt gt bad...hw much do I use in fixing it pls...and who can help me do dat
brand/model? how bad is it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BetaTechnicians: 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
Debbieniffy:

pls I av a problem with my laptop, I want to change windows 7 to windows 8 but its not installing pls help
brand/model? whats the specification? any stated errors while trying to install?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
BetaTechnicians:
brand/model? how bad is it?
dell inspiron 1545...and it has. Been destroyed while I was tryn to do it my way
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BetaTechnicians: 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
johnstar: d wifi doesn't turn on, pls is der anyway u cn b of help
tried re-installing the drivers?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BetaTechnicians: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
SuperMartins: dell inspiron 1545...and it has. Been destroyed while I was tryn to do it my way
location?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
BetaTechnicians:
location?
South...dnt wana put it out ere but wuld be in Lag by weekend...pls wats d charge to fix it and where u located
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayomidearo(m): 8:28am On Aug 13, 2014
BetaTechnicians:
it can't be 5 - 6, you have to be specific. it should blink repeatedly and consistently before starting again
it blinks 5 times den it stops Buh my system won't go off it will still be on Buh it won't display anything not even d name of d manufacturer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2014
Morning pple, pls my system is nt displaying despite d coming on of d laptop. I had a power surge issue yesterday which spoilt d charger I replaced it but its nt displaying at all just d processor fan spinning...pls I nedd a urgent advice on what next to do. Mayb its d cmos or graphics card because even after removing all d ram iw won't even boot at all..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mkvirus: 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
can i Change course from electrical and electronic engineering to computer science in polytecnic
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello house, my laptop (HP 2000) all of a sudden crashed so to say.
Everything was working perfectly before it was shut down, after some hours I switched it on only to discover it has been restored to its original state as if it was formatted.

Now I can't see any of my files even though the space on the hard drive is still the same prior to this attack I.e the used space was not altered.

Please how can I restore my laptop to it's previous state or how can I get my files back intact.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JohnieWalker(m): 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls I can't find my bluetooth under control panel nd I upgraded my system from Window 7 service pack 1 to ultimate. Wat do can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Festinl(m): 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls gurus in d aus,i was updatin my laptop tru windows update,nd because my battery was nt gud,it offd,i charged it nd wen i ond it,it continuid updatin,dis happed again so afta it finishd updatin,it told me to restart nd i restarted,it nw showd configurin windows update,xo i went inside d aus,wen i came back,it showed a blue screen nd offd,i switchd it on,after writin hp(am usin hp pavilion dv9000)it showd launch startup repair nd start windows normally,i chose d 2nd 1,it showd d blue screen nd offd,it restarted itself,den i chose d launch startup repair,i did everytin dere buh it did nt work.....pls wot cud b d problem nd wat shud i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yeuch: 7:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
Pls my pc is having problems with booting after being closed without the full window start up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ikevin(m): 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
Good evening to tech guys in the house, my laptop is not charging my battery. The battery is new, i've taken to a technician, he thought it was IC problem but later said nope and gave up. I've been using it like that, what can I do abeg Oº°˚˚˚° .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
ikevin: Good evening to tech guys in the house, my laptop is not charging my battery. The battery is new, i've taken to a technician, he thought it was IC problem but later said nope and gave up. I've been using it like that, what can I do abeg Oº°˚˚˚° .

The technician assumed that the IC was faulty, but we need t o be sure that the tec
has carried out some basic test. plug the charger, can you see the charger LED light on the
laptop that indicate the laptop is charging. can you feel anything loose inside the laptop ? try wigging the
charger as you connect to the laptop and see if you can feel anything loose inside. the charger would
give you that feeling once you connect. try wiggling it and see if any LED light blinks as well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
yeuch: Pls my pc is having problems with booting after being closed without the full window start up

What happened ? please be specific
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
JohnieWalker: Pls I can't find my bluetooth under control panel nd I upgraded my system from Window 7 service pack 1 to ultimate. Wat do can I do

you may need to press some keys to activate it, for example fn and f8 would
activate the wifi and bluetooth. what is the laptop make and model, your key combination
may be different. is there any error message or x cross on your screen to indicate no
bluetooth
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
Festinl: Pls gurus in d aus,i was updatin my laptop tru windows update,nd because my battery was nt gud,it offd,i charged it nd wen i ond it,it continuid updatin,dis happed again so afta it finishd updatin,it told me to restart nd i restarted,it nw showd configurin windows update,xo i went inside d aus,wen i came back,it showed a blue screen nd offd,i switchd it on,after writin hp(am usin hp pavilion dv9000)it showd launch startup repair nd start windows normally,i chose d 2nd 1,it showd d blue screen nd offd,it restarted itself,den i chose d launch startup repair,i did everytin dere buh it did nt work.....pls wot cud b d problem nd wat shud i do

restart the machine and run me an hard drive test using f10 for bios
let us know the result. after that restart the laptop and keep pressing f8 unitl
yousee safe mode select it and use google to find out how you can restore
your machine back to a time when everything works . if the blue screen comes up
again after selecting safe mode. restart it then f8 then disable auto restart on system
failure then it would restart then write the code down i..e 0xc0000000000000
dumping memory files or irq _less not equal
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Input: Hello house, my laptop (HP 2000) all of a sudden crashed so to say.
Everything was working perfectly before it was shut down, after some hours I switched it on only to discover it has been restored to its original state as if it was formatted.

Now I can't see any of my files even though the space on the hard drive is still the same prior to this attack I.e the used space was not altered.

Please how can I restore my laptop to it's previous state or how can I get my files back intact.

This is 50/50 kind of thing but it worth trying.
download recuva and follow the instructions on how
to use it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
lowgeorge: Morning pple, pls my system is nt displaying despite d coming on of d laptop. I had a power surge issue yesterday which spoilt d charger I replaced it but its nt displaying at all just d processor fan spinning...pls I nedd a urgent advice on what next to do. Mayb its d cmos or graphics card because even after removing all d ram iw won't even boot at all..

ATX Reset
If you have had any issues with you computer and phoned the help line number one of the common things they will ask you to do is an ATX reset, Basically this just resets the power supply in your computer and in most cases can solve some power and display issues.

How to perform an ATX reset:

Disconnect the power from your computer.
If possible remove the battery and external devices.
Hold the power button for about 15 seconds
Put the battery back in the computer
Reconnect the power
Press the power button to turn on your computer

If this does not solve the power issue it may be the hardware its self which is faulty and will need repairing or replacing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
deji2009:

This is 50/50 kind of thing but it worth trying.
download recuva and follow the instructions on how
to use it
Thanks very much for the good work.

I just back date my system and restart everything went to normal.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolors: 6:09am On Aug 15, 2014
welldone guys pls ave been trying to uninstall avast antuvirus on my system but each time i do,it keeps telling me application error,ao can i go abt it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BetaTechnicians: 8:57am On Aug 15, 2014
ayomidearo: it blinks 5 times den it stops Buh my system won't go off it will still be on Buh it won't display anything not even d name of d manufacturer
5 times means the board is faulty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BetaTechnicians: 8:57am On Aug 15, 2014
SuperMartins: South...dnt wana put it out ere but wuld be in Lag by weekend...pls wats d charge to fix it and where u located
charge varies depending on the extent of damage.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BetaTechnicians: 8:58am On Aug 15, 2014
tolors: welldone guys pls ave been trying to uninstall avast antuvirus on my system but each time i do,it keeps telling me application error,ao can i go abt it?
download revo uninstaller and use for effective uninstalling of programs. there's also an avast uninstaller program
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 15, 2014
BetaTechnicians:
charge varies depending on the extent of damage.
its totally damaged...pls can u fix it and d price..it cnt charge at all cos d ports damaged totally
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BetaTechnicians: 9:47am On Aug 15, 2014
SuperMartins: its totally damaged...pls can u fix it and d price..it cnt charge at all cos d ports damaged totally
use my contacts in my profile and let's talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.