Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272652 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
LordReed:

I don't think a HDD fail is eminent, you can do a checkdisc for bad sectors. I would advise you to buy the RAM, its cheaper and will have more immediate effect on overall system performance.

LordReed:

HPs normally have a switch for wireless devices, is yours turned on?

Dear LordReed & Ozone

Given what you have posted in the past few weeks, you
are welcome on board. please join us to provide impeccable
technical support. The likes of onegig, denzel, dualcore, femi, 4llenbuntu,
skydancer, samluel16, adewasko, donsanmmi, adetwin,all4naija, markone, betatechnicians, deji2009
and others

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
deji2009:

Dear LordReed & Ozone

Given what you have posted in the past few weeks, you
are welcome on board. please join us to provide impeccable
technical support. The likes of onegig, denzel, dualcore, femi, 4llenbuntu,
skydancer, samluel16, adewasko, donsanmmi, adetwin,all4naija, markone, betatechnicians, deji2009
and others

cheesy

Thanks. Ready and willing.

4 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martinmiller: 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
skydancer: Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

i willl love you in helpin me out with alittle ish that which i find a kinda hard to solve,,as one of NL gurus-my fijitsu laptop opreates on windows 7ultimate,i need to upgrade to win eight...how do i go about it ?tho i have the software,,& i tried to instal but it wont complete.......i will wait for ur reply wiv inpatient.thks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
Dlordisgreat1: Many thanks, i have ownership proof.
Contact me by email if you still haven't found help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by promise46(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2014
The WIFI does not turn blue its always red and I tryed turning in on from wifi settings buh it will display INTEL(R)wifi 5100AGN version 14.1.2.4 something like that . That started ever since I upgraded to win8.1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:08am On Aug 27, 2014
promise46: The WIFI does not turn blue its always red and I tryed turning in on from wifi settings buh it will display INTEL(R)wifi 5100AGN version 14.1.2.4 something like that . That started ever since I upgraded to win8.1

Have you installed HP wireless assistant?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
martinmiller:

i willl love you in helpin me out with alittle ish that which i find a kinda hard to solve,,as one of NL gurus-my fijitsu laptop opreates on windows 7ultimate,i need to upgrade to win eight...how do i go about it ?tho i have the software,,& i tried to instal but it wont complete.......i will wait for ur reply wiv inpatient.thks

Given your knowledge, have you ran window's 8 compatibility check prior to
installing win 8. A compatibility check is need to prevent drivers 'BSOD'.
you could have done this and also visit the laptop manu'f website to check if they
have windows 8 drivers available. The general rule is; if a windows operating system is
not available on a manu'f website, don't install it. the manufacturer knows better than
the consumer, e.g. ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmanbaba: 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gurus, my hp G42 is no longer charging. It shows 'plugged in, charging' but the battery percentage keeps dropping. Also, the system does not power on when I try to use A.C alone(without battery). Pls how can I solve this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 2rhymestharap(m): 5:51am On Aug 28, 2014
I don't know what happened to ma laptop since tuesday.. Was charging my laptop around past 12 in the midnight,,, and I slept off.. I woke up early 7am.. Still charging tho!.. I unplugged my pc.. Turn it on but refused to on... If I plug in the charger it will display charging.. There is a small tiny light by the charging port that is always on while charging... Yeah the light still on.. But by the other 3 tiny light with the charging , power on, and ba3 full symbol is not displaying @all.. Just the port where I plug in the charger.. I removed the battery and plug in the charger then turn on so aint the ba3 also... Normally it should.. And not low current because the charging light is very full displaying the ba3 is full... Pls help pls pls pls pls cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2014
2rhymestharap: I don't know what happened to ma laptop since tuesday.. Was charging my laptop around past 12 in the midnight,,, and I slept off.. I woke up early 7am.. Still charging tho!.. I unplugged my pc.. Turn it on but refused to on... If I plug in the charger it will display charging.. There is a small tiny light by the charging port that is always on while charging... Yeah the light still on.. But by the other 3 tiny light with the charging , power on, and ba3 full symbol is not displaying @all.. Just the port where I plug in the charger.. I removed the battery and plug in the charger then turn on so aint the ba3 also... Normally it should.. And not low current because the charging light is very full displaying the ba3 is full... Pls help pls pls pls pls cry

2 chains grin good that you've effectively eliminated the battery.

Does it make any beep sound when you on, and since there is no activity light when you on, we can eliminate screen problems, and focus on the RAM for starters. If you can locate the memory compartment, open it, remove the memory stick carefully and rub the contact end of the RAM stick on your cloth or any metallic surface and put it back. On it again and report back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
2rhymestharap: I don't know what happened to ma laptop since tuesday.. Was charging my laptop around past 12 in the midnight,,, and I slept off.. I woke up early 7am.. Still charging tho!.. I unplugged my pc.. Turn it on but refused to on... If I plug in the charger it will display charging.. There is a small tiny light by the charging port that is always on while charging... Yeah the light still on.. But by the other 3 tiny light with the charging , power on, and ba3 full symbol is not displaying @all.. Just the port where I plug in the charger.. I removed the battery and plug in the charger then turn on so aint the ba3 also... Normally it should.. And not low current because the charging light is very full displaying the ba3 is full... Pls help pls pls pls pls cry

Given what you have written. It would be appropriate to
advise you to ATX reset since this is the first you are
having this problem. ATX rest basically reset the laptop and
get rid of static electricity.

ow to perform an ATX reset:

Disconnect the power from your computer.
If possible remove the battery and external devices.
Hold the power button for about 15 seconds
Put the battery back in the computer
Reconnect the power
Press the power button to turn on your computer

If this does not solve the power issue it may be the
hardware its self which is faulty and will need repairing or replacing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by factorial1(m): 8:36am On Aug 29, 2014
Morning, Please I need help on this. Whenever I minimize a program on my PC sometimes it tends to put it above the taskbar menu. What can I do about this please?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2014
factorial1: Morning, Please I need help on this. Whenever I minimize a program on my PC sometimes it tends to put it above the taskbar menu. What can I do about this please?

What version of Windows is this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by factorial1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
LordReed:

What version of Windows is this?
Windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
factorial1: Windows 7

What changes did you make to your system? Did you disable anything?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
factorial1: Morning, Please I need help on this. Whenever I minimize a program on my PC sometimes it tends to put it above the taskbar menu. What can I do about this please?
There is nothing wrong with your browsers or system. To solve the problem do the following.

1) Minimize your browser.

2) Move your cursor to the end of the minimized browser that appear above your taskbar, hold down shift key and drag your mouse to right-hand side to expand it to your screen size. Do the same thing to the top of the minimized browser.

That is it. You can now minimized any of your open browser and it will disappear from there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opydan: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
Weldone.
I have a compaq mini pc, the last time l operated it, it gave a window message to restart, press f8 and select save mode. But l manually shut it down since it did not restart automatically. Ever since, anytime l on it, the power and booting indicator will on but the screen will be blank. Sometimes the indicators will only be blinking until l deeply press the on button.
Pls kindly be of help. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:45am On Aug 30, 2014
My system sudden started showing this b4 booting up, if I press enter it boots up normally.I can't upload d pic

Edit windows boot options for : windows 7
Path : /windows/system32/winload.exe
Partition : 3
Hard Disk : 4d368587
[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /NUMPROC=2 ]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akmaldini(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2014
Mornin,plz wen I connect mi blackberry on mi laptop,I will see all mi files nd folders but if I connect it to anoder person laptop,it will show empty,of which hv format nd formated mi blackberry fone memory stil not resolve.plz I nid ur solutions abut it....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
ahmedgafar7: My system sudden started showing this b4 booting up, if I press enter it boots up normally.I can't upload d pic
Edit windows boot options for : windows 7
Path : /windows/system32/winload.exe
Partition : 3
Hard Disk : 4d368587
[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /NUMPROC=2 ]

restart ur system & press f8 to load via safe mode & see it brings out same error, after that do a hard disk check but if it continues it needs an engineer for a proper check up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
opydan: Weldone.
I have a compaq mini pc, the last time l operated it, it gave a window message to restart, press f8 and select save mode. But l manually shut it down since it did not restart automatically. Ever since, anytime l on it, the power and booting indicator will on but the screen will be blank. Sometimes the indicators will only be blinking until l deeply press the on button.
Pls kindly be of help. Thanks.

at this point its going straight to be a board issue so can we come over for proper solution, ur location?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opydan: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
adetwin:

at this point its going straight to be a board issue so can we come over for proper solution, ur location?
thanks, am in lagos. How much will it cost me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opydan: 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=adetwin]

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akmaldini(m): 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
Mornin,plz wen I connect mi blackberry on mi laptop,I will
see all mi files nd folders but if I connect it to anoder person
laptop,it will show empty,of which hv format nd formated mi
blackberry fone memory stil not resolve.plz I nid ur
solutions abut it....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrpresido(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
please i want to format my system but it displays Phoenix SecureCore (tm) Utility, And Enter password, actually someone used my user account (Administrator account) ans he put password, and he cant remember it again, i want to format the disk, but it is not working please help me. its windows vista Home Basic, the product of the system is Zinox
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
opydan:

ur location in lapos please we like to come over, u will b able to pay d price don't be scared
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
mrpresido: please i want to format my system but it displays Phoenix SecureCore (tm) Utility, And Enter password, actually someone used my user account (Administrator account) ans he put password, and he cant remember it again, i want to format the disk, but it is not working please help me. its windows vista Home Basic, the product of the system is Zinox

1stly ur location we can come over for a lastin solution! but whats the error message displayed while trying to format
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opydan: 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
adetwin:

ur location in lapos please we like to come over, u will b able to pay d price don't be scared
shomolu/bariga area.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:11am On Aug 31, 2014
I
opydan:
shomolu/bariga area.
Thanks
I

ok let's fix an appointment for Monday... Mobile: 07082998588,07057140885 expect your good call
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Teeboy06(m): 7:51am On Aug 31, 2014
HEllo pls help me my laptop is showing 163- time and date not set each time I on it and I press ENTER nothing change....someone said I should remove simos battery and don't know how to do that..... HEllo pls help me my laptop is showing 163- time and date not set each time I on it and I press ENTER nothing change....someone said I should remove simos battery and don't know how to do that.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onlyme07(m): 8:57am On Aug 31, 2014
please help,

hp pavilion 9000 charging..blue light at the charging spot, no sign of charging light in the front and the system is not coming up..

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HaiderAli001(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.