Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263801 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by liminister: 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
pls help me out. my avast anti-virus stop working. it wil xpire 2038 n is registrd bt on d top of d avast is 0 days remaining n also i cant uninstall it o install another avast vasion. tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:48am On Aug 23, 2014
Dlordisgreat1: Dear computer gurus,

Come to my aid, i changed my system password few days ago, i have been using my former password for long, changed it due to my siblings, they too love games, i don't use it since then, i ON it now, but it giving me incorrect password, tried all possible passwords, all effort has been proved abortive,
Now, i am trying to reset the password, i insert my flashdrive, it saying the disk is not a password reset disk,
please all, come to my aid, am dying, i can't afford to lose all my files. Formatting is not an option.
Please!!!!!!
Acer core i3, windows 8.

Thanks in anticipation.
Eh, there're many ways around this. You can hack it if you can get a good engineer around you and you have ownership proof. Simple way with anyone available however is to simply install another OS and retrieve your original files using admin mode.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:55am On Aug 23, 2014
donigspain: My HP Compaq Mini Laptop is faulty.

ORIGINAL KEYBOARD FAULT
- All the keys work except keys A S D F G Z C.
- Key Z repeats itself multiple times once you boot to desktop. Stop only when you hit the keyboard a little.

I was advised to get a new keyboard which I went for yesterday at Computer Village. I tried many keyboards but they kept repeating the following error sequence:
- All keys respond when punched
- Key Z no longer repeats itself
- When you press key A it displays AZ, key S displays SX, key D displays DC etc. and these are the keys that DON'T WORK in the original keyboard.

The technician cleaned the Keyboard Controller on the motherboard with brush (no spirit) and tried the keyboards again but it still repeated same errors. He now concluded that the Keyboard Controller is faulty and cannot be changed. I only have to make do with external keyboards.

MAIN-POINT:
Engineers in the house, what do you think of the above situation.
- Is the technician's diagnosis/troubleshooting correct?
- If yes, is the keyboard controller fixable/repairable?
- If yes, what will it cost me to fix it?

adetwin MARKone deji2009 skydancer Oxone BetaTechnicians
The techician's diagnosis is correct. Here's what I will personally suggest to advice if your problem is an OS problem. Instead of booting your PC in modal mode, use the typical fix startup problems or any other mode that will quickly allow you to boot into a shell. Such as 'repair my computer'. Check if problem is present, and if it's not, then you could try using system restore or at least we can find a way to remove whatever malware may be responsible for the problem.

If however, the problem is reproduced in this mode, then it may be a bios problem like Deji suggested (assuming your installed keyboard is compatible with your PC). Hopefully you would be able to easily update your Bios.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2014
TUNEX89: Help o. i formated my laptop but before i formated it i backup my document now the problem is how to restore my document is what i don't know. Pls come to my aid.
pls respond to this guru in the house.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 23, 2014
benatex: Guys i've got 60k and i wanna order a laptop from JUMIA, i really don't know d features that make a gaming laptop, can someone help me cbeck their website and give me the link of the one you see. thanks
Maybe you might want to have a look at this one. It can play most games .
http://www./hp-15-r006nia-intel-dual-core-2.56ghz-4gb500gb-hdd-15.6-inch-windows-8-laptop-128087.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by haibe(m): 8:49am On Aug 23, 2014
Please I wanted to uninstall my avast anti virus and so it prompted me to use safe model before running the uninstall tool. While in safe mode, I cannot use my keyboard nor my track pad, therefore I can't even type my password. is there anyway to use the normal start up because when I do a hard reset, the computer still starts in safe mode without me being able to use keyboard to press esc or F8 or whatever.

I use windows 8.1, hp 630. Thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by haibe(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2014
TUNEX89: pls respond to this guru in the house.
Have you checked the windows. old folder in your local disk?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2014
all4naija:
Maybe you might want to have a look at this one. It can play most games .
http://www./hp-15-r006nia-intel-dual-core-2.56ghz-4gb500gb-hdd-15.6-inch-windows-8-laptop-128087.html

This one is just about the same with the other one. It will barely play modern games and older games will run on low quality settings. What he needs is at least a Core i3 laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2014
haibe: Have you checked the windows. old folder in your local disk?
i hav checked all are empty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by haibe(m): 9:40am On Aug 23, 2014
TUNEX89: i hav checked all are empty.
You probably didn't do a backup
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 23, 2014
Good morning fellows.

Please kindly assist regarding my laptop computer (Samsung Mini).

The mouse pad has bn behaving funny for some days now. It tends to stop working or tends to be freezing whenever I plug in a charger, and returns to a normal working condition if I unplug the charger.

Thanks for you precious comments.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:08am On Aug 23, 2014
agonbello: Good morning fellows.

Please kindly assist regarding my laptop computer (Samsung Mini).

The mouse pad has bn behaving funny for some days now. It tends to stop working or tends to be freezing whenever I plug in a charger, and returns to a normal working condition if I unplug the charger.

Thanks for you precious comments.

Most likely driver issues. Update the touchpad drivers or go to synaptics.com and get the latest touchpad drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 23, 2014
LordReed:

Most likely driver issues. Update the touchpad drivers or go to synaptics.com and get the latest touchpad drivers.
Tnx Man. Will do just dat.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 11:24am On Aug 23, 2014
haibe: You probably didn't do a backup
i did
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dober(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2014
Please I need help with my pc. Ethernet cable is not working on my pc. It does work in my colleagues' pc. I have tried almost every solution I found on Google, but still showing no Internet access. Am I having a hardware issue here? Although my device manager shows its okay.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaymania(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2014
My pc do shutdown itself...and it wil ask m to launch start up repair...
pls whats wr0ng wit t
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adeyinka12(m): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
onegig: What's the model? Use youtube to search for the appropriate videos. There are tons of them.
.thanks brother
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
dober: Please I need help with my pc. Ethernet cable is not working on my pc. It does work in my colleagues' pc. I have tried almost every solution I found on Google, but still showing no Internet access. Am I having a hardware issue here? Although my device manager shows its okay.

Most Ethernet ports have an activity light? Does yours have? Is it lighting?
Is the IP configuration properly set up?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
dober: Please I need help with my pc. Ethernet cable is not working on my pc. It does work in my colleagues' pc. I have tried almost every solution I found on Google, but still showing no Internet access. Am I having a hardware issue here? Although my device manager shows its okay.

Is ur PC a desktop or laptop?

In either case, I will advise you first check if ur system recognises the Ethernet controller. You can do this by going through the device manager. The device might be seen as not available, bad or Disabled by the system and hence will marked by a red "x" or is merely being queried for a driver, in which case you will need to install the appropriate driver to run the Ethernet device.

Please note that their are instances these Ethernet controllers just gets bad. If ur PC is a desktop, all you need to do is to get an PCI Ethernet card, and install. For laptops, a PCMCIA Ethernet card would do(though not integrated in all laptops).

Note also, that the Main and Aux cable of a laptops Ethernet cards can also loose contact or just needs cleaning to get it back on.

* modified *

I did not see where you wrote that ur device manager okay ed the device.

From what loodreed suggested, you should start by checking your IP, and also look at your system firewall and your AV firewall.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
Kaymania: My pc do shutdown itself...and it wil ask m to launch start up repair...
pls whats wr0ng wit t

At what intervals does it shut down. Does it shut down after you on it again. If that is the case, I might looking at a faulty processor cooling system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
LordReed:

This one is just about the same with the other one. It will barely play modern games and older games will run on low quality settings. What he needs is at least a Core i3 laptop.
It is better because it has 4 cores and equivalent to i3 third generation and has a dedicated graphic.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
all4naija: It is better because it has 4 cores and equivalent to i3 third generation and has a dedicated graphic.

I checked the config there is no dedicated graphics stated there. What is stated is Intel HD graphics which is most definitely not dedicated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dober(m): 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
MARKone:

Is ur PC a desktop or laptop?

In either case, I will advise you first check if ur system recognises the Ethernet controller. You can do this by going through the device manager. The device might be seen as not available, bad or Disabled by the system and hence will marked by a red "x" or is merely being queried for a driver, in which case you will need to install the appropriate driver to run the Ethernet device.

Please note that their are instances these Ethernet controllers just gets bad. If ur PC is a desktop, all you need to do is to get an PCI Ethernet card, and install. For laptops, a PCMCIA Ethernet card would do(though not integrated in all laptops).

Note also, that the Main and Aux cable of a laptops Ethernet cards can also loose contact or just needs cleaning to get it back on.

* modified *

I did not see where you wrote that ur device manager okay ed the device.

From what loodreed suggested, you should start by checking your IP, and also look at your system firewall and your AV firewall.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried most of the suggestions, remaining the firmware thing. For the PCMCIA Ethernet card, what is it all about?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dober(m): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
LordReed:

Most Ethernet ports have an activity light? Does yours have? Is it lighting?
Is the IP configuration properly set up?
Yea the light is blinking as usual.
IP is okay. I have set IPs for some colleagues and it worked for them.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
dober:
Yea the light is blinking as usual.
IP is okay. I have set IPs for some colleagues and it worked for them.

Are your Ethernet port drivers properly setup?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dober(m): 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
LordReed:

Are your Ethernet port drivers properly setup?
Yea drivers are working well.
I have even done system restore. I think I need to see an engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
dober:
Thanks for your reply. I have tried most of the suggestions, remaining the firmware thing. For the PCMCIA Ethernet card, what is it all about?

PCMCIA is an Add-on card for laptops, and from what you've described you'll not be needing it.

What OS are you running sef.

Where you able to PING Internet gateway.

You said you did a system restore, did you do a factory reset.

Try to describe your Equipment and the network structure you have, might just be a minor problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 24, 2014
LordReed:

I checked the config there is no dedicated graphics stated there. What is stated is Intel HD graphics which is most definitely not dedicated.
Okay. It is intel HD 4000 graphics. Notwithstanding, it can play most games which aren't high GPU demanding. Modern games are going to be problem though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emeka71(m): 4:07am On Aug 24, 2014
liminister: pls help me out. my avast anti-virus stop working. it wil xpire 2038 n is registrd bt on d top of d avast is 0 days remaining n also i cant uninstall it o install another avast vasion. tnx
Re-start your system until anti- virus is working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vikizeal(m): 9:47am On Aug 24, 2014
Gm guys...a friend's sister 4got d password to her laptop and has told me to help her reset d password...please I need ur help...thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dober(m): 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
MARKone:

PCMCIA is an Add-on card for laptops, and from what you've described you'll not be needing it.

What OS are you running sef.

Where you able to PING Internet gateway.

You said you did a system restore, did you do a factory reset.

Try to describe your Equipment and the network structure you have, might just be a minor problem.
Am on Windows 8.1
No idea about PING Internet gateway. And didn't do a factor reset.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigsam360(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
Oxone:

You're welcome man, glad i could be of help wink
Boss, I notice the stuff is back to d former way.. Nd dis time even wen I alternate the location stuff from Nigeria, USA, Ghana nd odas, it dsnt change.. D tin kip giving me LONDON, UK as my location.. Did I do anything wrong?? Please

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.