Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273784 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanresh(m): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2014
hi, i switched on ma laptop nd i asked..start normally,start with command ,start wif ..........so i clicked start wif command mistakely...it den started some things lyk driver sumfin i dont undastand..so i immidiately rebooted it...it den started normally...but since den d laptop sound has been distorted...it doesnt sound well..nd i takes almost ten minutes to shut down...What can i do o
?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jadajada: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
House. Whenever i logoff/shutdown my laptop, instead of shutting down what i see on display is " pls do not power off or unplug ur machine, installing updates" once, it gets to like 50 of 150, it 'll just stop there till i press d power button to off it. And when i on d system, afta booting.. Instead of displayin d desktop icons what i see is "applying update operation. Failure configuring windows updates Reverting changes...". Pls, what is d solution to this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
is it possible to change operating system from 64 bit to 32 bit and vice versa?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 12:29am On Sep 01, 2014
Teeboy06: HEllo pls help me my laptop is showing 163- time and date not set each time I on it and I press ENTER nothing change....someone said I should remove simos battery and don't know how to do that..... HEllo pls help me my laptop is showing 163- time and date not set each time I on it and I press ENTER nothing change....someone said I should remove simos battery and don't know how to do that.....
Do you stay in Lagos?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 12:36am On Sep 01, 2014
onlyme07: please help,

hp pavilion 9000 charging..blue light at the charging spot, no sign of charging light in the front and the system is not coming up..

I don't seem to understand you. May be you can try this: remove the battery and plug in the charger; press the ON button to see if it will come up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 6:21am On Sep 01, 2014
Chiefupper: is it possible to change operating system from 64 bit to 32 bit and vice versa?
Yes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rotiix(m): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM: Yes.
Interesting, how sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2014
Rotiix:
Interesting, how sir
Load the new OS on a new HDD. It may work for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Teeboy06(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:
Do you stay in Lagos?
yes I'm in lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zekkmixes(f): 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
Teeboy06: yes I'm in lagos
Meet a good computer technician to help you out, OR visit computer village.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Zekkmixes: Hi guys! My laptop blew up yesterday. I plugged it in last night and the laptop went off at once while the charger inlet on the device started smoking grin

Now it doesn't turn on anymore and can't be charged with any other charger.
What do I do?
Please stop endangering 'other chargers'. Take the laptop to a good technician to evaluate the workability of its mother board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zekkmixes(f): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Zekkmixes: Thanks, I'll just buy an adaptor instead.

Take the laptop to a good technician to evaluate the workability of its mother board. Any charger or adapter plugged to it may end up damaged. Have you heard of motherboard returning light?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
onlyme07: please help,
hp pavilion 9000 charging..blue light at the charging spot, no sign of charging light in the front and the system is not coming up..

NIGERIALOLoCOM:
I don't seem to understand you. May be you can try this: remove the battery and plug in the charger; press the ON button to see if it will come up.

To paraphrase, The laptop showed either a
white or a blue light at the side of
the charging port. No battery LED
light to indicate the battery is receiving
power from the charger.

Given NIGERIALOLoCOM the laptop should powered up.
if it does, the battery might need to be replace. it would be a good idea to
check that the battery is seating properly.

try wiggling the charger for any signs of battery Led light

Any recent repairs in the past ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
jadajada: House. Whenever i logoff/shutdown my laptop, instead of shutting down what i see on display is " pls do not power off or unplug ur machine, installing updates" once, it gets to like 50 of 150, it 'll just stop there till i press d power button to off it. And when i on d system, afta booting.. Instead of displayin d desktop icons what i see is "applying update operation. Failure configuring windows updates Reverting changes...". Pls, what is d solution to this problem?

Google system restore

Follow the advice

and restore it to a
date, i.e. 2 or 3 weeks ago
before the problem began
then test it. You can also
use google to disable windows update,
if you wish. however, it is recommended that
windows update should be installed at all times.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
lanresh: hi, i switched on ma laptop nd i asked..start normally,start with command ,start wif ..........so i clicked start wif command mistakely...it den started some things lyk driver sumfin i dont undastand..so i immidiately rebooted it...it den started normally...but since den d laptop sound has been distorted...it doesnt sound well..nd i takes almost ten minutes to shut down...What can i do o
?

In a black screen

how many beeps is it ?

do you mean the sound in windows, i.e.
when you play a music
if it was, google device manager
and follow the instructions to uninstall
everything you see under sound video
controllers. basically you should have a
dash- and then uninstall what is underneath

the dash and restart your computer. for the shutdown issue, what
anti virus do you use, e.g. norton. have you try running ccleaner
and also click computer or my computer and then system properties, please

tell us the memory and the cpu. you should see 2.2ghz 3GB ram
windows is activated

check to mk sure no
stuck keys on your keyboard

what is the make and model
for example, toshiba p300-20H windows vista
if you have a dual operating systems such as
windows 7/vista/ linux please specify
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
Teeboy06: HEllo pls help me my laptop is showing 163- time and date not set each time I on it and I press ENTER nothing change....someone said I should remove simos battery and don't know how to do that..... HEllo pls help me my laptop is showing 163- time and date not set each time I on it and I press ENTER nothing change....someone said I should remove simos battery and don't know how to do that.....

L@@k for adetwin on this forum
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
deji2009:

power from the charger.

Given NIGERIALOLoCOM, the laptop should power up.
if it does, the battery might need to be replaced. it would be a good idea to

You hit the nail on the head. You're welcome.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onlyme07(m): 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
deji2009:

power from the charger.

Given NIGERIALOLoCOM the laptop should powered up.
if it does, the battery might need to be replace. it would be a good idea to

you got it..how do I give NIGERIALOLoCOM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ozoebuka1(m): 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
please I cant left click on my laptop... with this problem I can really do nothing on d laptop... please help out...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zekkmixes(f): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
onlyme07: you got it..how do I give NIGERIALOLoCOM

grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
ozoebuka1: please I can left click on my laptop... with this problem I can really do nothing on d laptop... please help out...

Try to troubleshoot the problem with external mouse.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onlyme07(m): 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:

grin grin

okay...what he suggested right? I did that already still no power. Will return to the seller jare..

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Zekkmixes:
How much will it cost to fix it if the problem is from the motherboard?
The fellow evaluating it will determine how much you will part with. But I must admit, working on motherboard no be moi-moi. Think 3k upwards.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
ozoebuka1: please I can left click on my laptop... with this problem I can really do nothing on d laptop... please help out...
don't really get what you need help with.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by grinhans(m): 12:20am On Sep 02, 2014
I hope am in the right thread....... my inspiron 1545 HDD is officially dead. it crashed. how much for a new one? the one inside was 320GB. I'll like to know the price and other sizes of GB too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ozoebuka1(m): 12:35am On Sep 02, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:

Try to troubleshoot the problem with external mouse.
Thanks I'll try that..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanresh(m): 6:40am On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=deji2009]

In a black screen

how many beeps is it ?

do you mean the sound in windows, i.e.
when you play a music
if it was, google device manager
and follow the instructions to uninstall
everything you see under sound video
controllers. basically you should have a
dash- and then uninstall what is underneath

the dash and restart your computer. for the shutdown issue, what
anti virus do you use, e.g. norton. have you try running ccleaner
and also click computer or my computer
it is a dell latitude d630.laptop ram of 2gb and processor of 2.0ghz

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.