Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,423 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266749 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Idboyostic(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
Pls Help, I got a laptop 2day.... Switched it on and the noise coming from the fan is noisy.... Rolling as if is a grinder
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
Idboyostic: Pls Help, I got a laptop 2day.... Switched it on and the noise coming from the fan is noisy.... Rolling as if is a grinder
The fan has accumulated dirt. You need to take it to your tech personnel to open it and remove the debris blocking the vent.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Idboyostic(m): 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
all4naija:
The fan has accumulated dirt. You need to take it to your tech personnel to open it and remove the debris blocking the vent.
pls can I do it myself.... Don't have extra cash to spend
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
Idboyostic: pls can I do it myself.... Don't have extra cash to spend

You could but very risky !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
harrysterol: I did restore from the previous backup I did before formating the system, am using windows7 and am the administrator of the system, am thinking of formating formating it again today, because I cnt even browse wit the system and some apps keep on getting missing, am using Avast antivirus bt I dint upgrade it

This indicated that the format didn't complete successfully. Did you used a windows 7 cd to format it or
a built recovery manager via F11. you must have clicked on recover and backup, instead of recovery with
no backup.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
Idboyostic: pls can I do it myself.... Don't have extra cash to spend
Yes, you can! But, your tech personnel would have done more than just cleaning the fan. Please, don't do anything more what is on this guide from link ---> GUIDE ON HOW TO FIX HIGH FAN NOISE IN A COMPUTER

Warning! It is highly advisable to take it to your tech.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Idboyostic(m): 12:31am On Sep 06, 2014
all4naija:
Yes, you can! But, your tech personnel would have done more than just cleaning the fan. Please, don't do anything more what is on this guide from link ---> GUIDE ON HOW TO FIX HIGH FAN NOISE IN A COMPUTER

Warning! It is highly advisable to take it to your tech.
baba this one pass me.... Make I go look for tech.... Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harrysterol(m): 12:39am On Sep 06, 2014
deji2009:

This indicated that the format didn't complete successfully. Did you used a windows 7 cd to format it or
a built recovery manager via F11. you must have clicked on recover and backup, instead of recovery with
no backup.
I dint knw am a novice in dt, bt sha I hv formated again is workin fine nw, thnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blaxx: 10:03am On Sep 06, 2014
I've got an iBook g4 that I've been battling with how to install an mtn fastlink dongle on. Can someone help out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bella3: Please, i am about choosing between a rlg mgs one and a compaq. I'd like advice on which to go for.
Thank you

I think you should go for the Compaq. Less likely to have issues with servicing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
blaxx: I've got an iBook g4 that I've been battling with how to install an mtn fastlink dongle on. Can someone help out?
Check your MTN dongle manaul to see if your Mac OS X version is supported. If not, then you have to look for supported modem to get connected.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
cool just observing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
Where online which site specifically can I purchase a graphics card for pc and have it shipped to nigeria.
Last time I checeft Amazon dont list Nigeria
So which other ones?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by UcGadaz(m): 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
What is the lasting solution to a laptop that has a video display chip problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cheapgadgets1: 6:22am On Sep 07, 2014
Pls Engrs in a aus,whts d cost of 4g laptop ram upgrade to 6g/8g? Tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 07, 2014
Morning.

Am using a Dell inspiron. The laptop doesn't charge when in use and plugged in to power outlet, it just shows charging but it doesn't really charge. I can only charge it when I switched it off.

Any solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
kingphemy: Morning.

Am using a Dell inspiron. The laptop doesn't charge when in use and plugged in to power outlet, it just shows charging but it doesn't really charge. I can only charge it when I switched it off.

Any solution?

google battery memory effect
to read more.

after that restart the laptop
either keep pressing f2 or del key for bios

scrool to power management or battery
does it say installed unknown or uninstalled.

mk sure your charger is plugged in and receiving current
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
UcGadaz: What is the lasting solution to a laptop that has a video display chip problem?

has it been diagnosed ?

make and model?

for example toshiba p300-20H
windows vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
all4naija: Check your MTN dongle manaul to see if your Mac OS X version is supported. If not, then you have to look for supported modem to get connected.

cheesy the osx on the ibook 4 may be
osx 9 series edition and may not support
it. it surprise me at times when users
didn't check compatibility before buying a
dongle or any other product. for example,
buying a ford focus galaxy tyre for a ford focus
saloon. obviously there would be a problem with handling.

anyway, it just baffles at times lol

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rotelstar: 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Help guys where can I download yahoo messenger on my laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
deji2009:

google battery memory effect
to read more.

after that restart the laptop
either keep pressing f2 or del key for bios

scrool to power management or battery
does it say installed unknown or uninstalled.

mk sure your charger is plugged in and receiving current

This is what I get under power management:
Auto on mode
auto on time
USB wake support
wake on lan/wlan
serial data dipm

Nothing like battery there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
kingphemy:

This is what I get under power management:
Auto on mode
auto on time
USB wake support
wake on lan/wlan
serial data dipm

Nothing like battery there.

How to perform an ATX reset:

Disconnect the power from your computer.
If possible remove the battery and external devices.
Hold the power button for about 15 seconds
Put the battery back in the computer
Reconnect the power
Press the power button to turn on your computer

look on the battery icon, it should read plugged in charging.

if not let the laptop battery run flat then try charging it.
if it works then always make sure the battery prompt you
to connect your charger don't charge your battery in between make
sure you charge when it prompt you to. this is known as battery memory effect
google it to read more.

if that doesn't work this will

http://www.soyouwanna.com/check-battery-replacement-required-dell-26423.html

please follow this instructions in order
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by UcGadaz(m): 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
deji2009:

has it been diagnosed ?

make and model?

for example toshiba p300-20H
windows vista
Yes it has been diagnosed. i normally use the heating method but after sometime the problem still comes back......system model Dell M1530
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seunny4lif(m): 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
ozoebuka1: Thanks I'll try that..
Do u based in Akure?If,u do I can fixed that for u...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bella3(f): 12:04am On Sep 08, 2014
LordReed:

I think you should go for the Compaq. Less likely to have issues with servicing.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okumbe(m): 3:07am On Sep 08, 2014
please guru in the house is there any i can get any of Pc doctor here, i mean a software that can help scan a remove viruses from my computer, like pc optimizer or AVG Pc TurnUp, cos seriously i don't have money to purchase the full version online.... please anybody with any help cos my laptop is always online 24/7.... hope somebody will understand me better.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:55am On Sep 08, 2014
UcGadaz:
Yes it has been diagnosed. i normally use the heating method but after sometime the problem still comes back......system model Dell M1530

I'd Advice you visit dell website for frequent asked questions or
contact dell about it. they might be able to tell what to do about it
as they will know best on what to do. The proper fix is to reball
the onboard graphics using a sophisticated machine often used
by computer repairers. Some people bake their motherboard with a
foil/film wrap. this will not fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2014
deji2009:

Does anyone have that machine here in Naija?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordaweezy: 12:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Please i need a way to activate my windows 8.1 enterprise free.....need ASAP answer cos am on wi fi
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Obinnaijezie(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hi webmasters, my Mozilla suddenly refused to open, when I try to upgrade again, It tells me I should close it while It's not opening, I try to delete it but No way, pls what should u do to make it work?

And again my internet explorer is old, I upgraded it and it didn't work on my windows 7 instead it told me to install windows 7 SPI, pls what is That?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
LordReed:

Does anyone have that machine here in Naija?

I live in Great Britain, don't know.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by UcGadaz(m): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
deji2009:

I reside in owerri. Any idea where I can reball?

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.