Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,634 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1332821 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 10:21am On Oct 20, 2014
TUNEX89:
Pls how much is the keyboard of hp650 ?
it Arround 5 or 6k in Ibadan
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ysquare(m): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2014
Guys pls which of the anti-virus is best
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Muyadek(m): 12:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
Can someone help me how to validate my system window?
After formatting the system which was done by friend, the operating system loaded on it is window7 ultimate and it is working fine for me
suddenly, this afternoon , the system started malfunction . the error message flagged was "Window 7 build 7601, the copy of this window is not genuine one" any useful assistance on this issue or link to resolve the problem would be appreciated.
Thanking you in anticipation
'Kola
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
Uchwilliam:

Pls guys attend to my problem
you can change the brightness from the battery meter, just click on it and select adjust screen brightness
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
Please Which is the best Laptop brand -Dell, HP dell , lenovo, Toshiba or Apple. Please state ur reason for each u choose
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
Oguguah:
Please Which is the best Laptop brand -Dell, HP dell , lenovo, Toshiba or Apple. Please state ur reason for each u choose

You really shouldn't be concerned with best brand rather value for money at whatever price segment you want to choose.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
LordReed:

You really shouldn't be concerned with best brand rather value for money at whatever price segment you want to choose.
for me its dell ,or any of its brand s gor laptops snd hp for desktops
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
LordReed:

for me its dell ,or any of its brand s for laptops and hp for desktops
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by siempere(m): 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
pls guyz cud anyone help me with key for podtrans or imtoo ipad to pc transfer....i dey beg una ooh...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dejii01(m): 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
Laptop: Hp Pavilion tx2000.

Problem: Certain times when I want to put the laptop on, it comes on but won't boot. Only the blue lights show and the screen remains black. When I researched the net for a solution, I found out I can make it boot by heating up certain parts of the laptop with a blow dryer or something related. But it's only temporary, when next it happens, I have to repeat the same step. I think it's a hardware problem, just not sure what exactly.

Does anyone know of a permanent solution to this?

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
dejii01:
Laptop: Hp Pavilion tx2000.

Problem: Certain times when I want to put the laptop on, it comes on but won't boot. Only the blue lights show and the screen remains black. When I researched the net for a solution, I found out I can make it boot by heating up certain parts of the laptop with a blow dryer or something related. But it's only temporary, when next it happens, I have to repeat the same step. I think it's a hardware problem, just not sure what exactly.

Does anyone know of a permanent solution to this?

Thanks.

The heat sink and thermal paste need servicing. Can you do it yourself? It is not too hard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dejii01(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
LordReed:

The heat sink and thermal paste need servicing. Can you do it yourself? It is not too hard.

Yeah, I should be able to, I'm a handy person. Can you please lay down the steps for me or something. I don't even know what those two you mentioned look like. embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harbiola1(m): 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
LordReed:

What happens when you double click the files?
am so sorry for replying you this late. anytime I insert video disks, it'll open with 5 different folders, if I double-clicked 1, it will take me to another folders, and if I clicked on any of the folders, it will open with an unrecognized files. if I opened any of the files with either vlc or media player, it will bring "the file is either corrupt or the player does not support the format you are trying to open"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by grudges: 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
I cant to use my browsers to surf the net, cos I use proxy b/4 nd I uninstall it from my system bt still whenever I lunch my browser its show my "the proxy is refusing connecting. pls how do I remove proxy my system completely
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
dejii01:

Yeah, I should be able to, I'm a handy person. Can you please lay down the steps for me or something. I don't even know what those two you mentioned look like. embarassed

I forgot that this is that swivel head laptop. Self repair for this has to be done carefully.

Follow instructions here:

www.insidemylaptop.com/disassemble-hp-pavilion-tx2000-tablet-pc/

to open up the laptop.

Then watch this video on servicing the heatsink/fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCmwXqhFI_4

If you can't get thermal paste, just service the heatsink for now until you can get some. And don't brush the motherboard use the blow dryer set on cool temp.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by perrol(m): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
pls good people in the room, kindly help me out
I was trying to on our desktop system in d office but instead for it to boot to desktop it was showing .A Disk read error msg.wat can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
harbiola1:
am so sorry for replying you this late. anytime I insert video disks, it'll open with 5 different folders, if I doubl-clicked 1, it will take me to another folders, and if I clicked on any of the folders, it will open with an unrecognized files. if I opened any of the files with either vlc or media player, it will bring "the file is either corrupt or the player does not support the format you are trying to open"

Hmm, that's an odd one. I don't know but it looks like virus infection. Does it happen with videos on USB flash drives?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
perrol:
pls good people in the room, kindly help me out
I was trying to on our desktop system in d office but instead for it to boot to desktop it was showing .A Disk read error msg.wat can I do

It is possible that the disk cable might be loose, check it. If it is not loose go into the bios and look for any settings concerning the disk you should see smart test. Run the test to verify if your disk has a fault.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by perrol(m): 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
LordReed:

It is possible that the disk cable might be loose, check it. If it is not loose go into the bios and look for any settings concerning the disk you should see smart test. Run the test to verify if your disk has a fault.

if the disk has fault wat can I do again.thank for your reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
perrol:

if the disk has fault wat can I do again.thank for your reply

It means it will have to be changed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dejii01(m): 11:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
LordReed:

I forgot that this is that swivel head laptop. Self repair for this has to be done carefully.

Follow instructions here:

www.insidemylaptop.com/disassemble-hp-pavilion-tx2000-tablet-pc/

to open up the laptop.

Then watch this video on servicing the heatsink/fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCmwXqhFI_4

If you can't get thermal paste, just service the heatsink for now until you can get some. And don't brush the motherboard use the blow dryer set on cool temp.

Thanks a lot. Though I might consider giving an expert to be on the safe side.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:28am On Oct 21, 2014
Muyadek:
Can someone help me how to validate my system window?
After formatting the system which was done by friend, the operating system loaded on it is window7 ultimate and it is working fine for me
suddenly, this afternoon , the system started malfunction . the error message flagged was "Window 7 build 7601, the copy of this window is not genuine one" any useful assistance on this issue or link to resolve the problem would be appreciated.
Thanking you in anticipation
'Kola
you need window 7 activator. Google for window 7 activator u will c it download it and install it on ur system it will activate ur window for u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:29am On Oct 21, 2014
ysquare:
Guys pls which of the anti-virus is best
as for me I use avast, not trial version. And I prefer it because it not heavy and it easy to updates. There updates are available and reliable.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:12am On Oct 21, 2014
dejii01:

Thanks a lot. Though I might consider giving an expert to be on the safe side.

OK but if you do tell him to follow the advice in the video about the little copper pieces they are for better heat transfer so your system will stop blacking out.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 21, 2014
pls pls pls someone should help me. There is this website i wna open on my pc. I have used UC web and internet explorer but both browsers are telling me that cookies are disabled. i checked the settings-----they are not disabled!!

gurus in the house, abeg how do i resolve this ish?? really need to do some stuff on the site like now!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2014
AgapeCharis:
pls pls pls someone should help me. There is this website i wna open on my pc. I have used UC web and internet explorer but both browsers are telling me that cookies are disabled. i checked the settings-----they are not disabled!!

gurus in the house, abeg how do i resolve this ish?? really need to do some stuff on the site like now!

Which website?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 21, 2014
LordReed:

The site is under maintenance. Check back later today.
Kk
Tnkx boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2014
LordReed:

Does the phone hotspot show on the list of available network connections on the laptop?
j

No
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dejii01(m): 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
LordReed:

OK but if you do tell him to follow the advice in the video about the little copper pieces they are for better heat transfer so your system will stop blacking out.

I'll make sure I download the video, thanks, I appreciate.

Also, the graphics card of my laptop, which is Nvidia Geoforce Go 6150, doesn't serve all my needs. I enquired if it can be changed, the guy said yes but not all are compatible and I can end up doing damage to the motherboard. Is this true? Do you know any graphics card which is compatible with this laptop for sure? If yes, is it advisable?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
dejii01:

I'll make sure I download the video, thanks, I appreciate.

Also, the graphics card of my laptop, which is Nvidia Geoforce Go 6150, doesn't serve all my needs. I enquired if it can be changed, the guy said yes but not all are compatible and I can end up doing damage to the motherboard. Is this true? Do you know any graphics card which is compatible with this laptop for sure? If yes, is it advisable?

It is possible but not advisable. Few people have the expertise and knowledge.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (1233) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.