Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269051 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkelos: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
someone me help with my pc here, hhmm...when i start ms word,exel etc. It says ms word,exel etc. Has stopped working or any exe files when i start them it says the same plz someone help me i would appreciate itsomeone me help with my pc here, hhmm...when i start ms word,exel etc. It says ms word,exel etc. Has stopped working or any exe files when i start them it says the same plz someone help me i would appreciate itsomeone me help with my pc here, hhmm...when i start ms word,exel etc. It says ms word,exel etc. Has stopped working or any exe files when i start them it says the same plz someone help me i would appreciate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
samkelos:
someone me help with my pc here, hhmm...when i start ms word,exel etc. It says ms word,exel etc. Has stopped working or any exe files when i start them it says the same plz someone help me i would appreciate itsomeone me help with my pc here, hhmm...when i start ms word,exel etc. It says ms word,exel etc. Has stopped working or any exe files when i start them it says the same plz someone help me i would appreciate itsomeone me help with my pc here, hhmm...when i start ms word,exel etc. It says ms word,exel etc. Has stopped working or any exe files when i start them it says the same plz someone help me i would appreciate it

Virus has infected your exe files nothing you can do about them now. What antivirus are you using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayusco85(m): 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
LordReed:

You have to do some work on your startup programs and services as well as defragment and decongest your HDD.

I will post the steps to do both later.

Am waiting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dazzy4real(m): 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
so a laptop of i core 7 still cant play pes 13 well ? and am here tinkin if i hav that laptop all my lagin games wahala will stop.

how does one now increase d vram of an intel device ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Passion399: 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
Please help me out, my system is no
more displaying on the monitor.. Please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by slimzypink(f): 12:11am On Oct 25, 2014
please who has the serial key of mavis beacon 17
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:50am On Oct 25, 2014
dazzy4real:
so a laptop of i core 7 still cant play pes 13 well ? and am here tinkin if i hav that laptop all my lagin games wahala will stop.

how does one now increase d vram of an intel device ?

The critical component for game playing in a PC is the GPU. When you want to choose a laptop with game playing in mind pay attention to the GPU or else you'll be stuck with Intel GPUs that can't play demanding games.

Have you checked your BIOS settings? If it is not there then sorry no way to increase it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:06am On Oct 25, 2014
ayusco85:

Am waiting

I will start with the simplest one, defraging. Go to http://ultradefrag.sourceforge.net/en/index.html and down the appropriate one for your system. I prefer ultra defrag to the standard windows defrager because ud is more efficient and effective.

But first you need to do a little decongesting. Delete any file you no longer need. Also open your primary HDD in my computer >users>your user account name > appdata > local > temp, delete everything inside the temp folder.

Run ud over night when you are sleeping so as to overcome the temptation of using it while ud is working also because it may take a few hours. In ud choose full optimisation and let it run till it stops.

With this you should see a small performance boost in startup.

I will take you through editing your startup programs and services but you will have to make screenshots and paste them here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
Passion399:
Please help me out, my system is no
more displaying on the monitor.. Please help

what kind of system? laptor or desktop,

what model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danies1941(m): 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
samkelos:

Maybe virus.

Do you have other computer? Copy one of the files and try and open it on another computer. If it doesnt open there-your office program is corrupt-if it opens-the problem is completely with your first computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danies1941(m): 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
holyhassan:
Help guys i use an hp pavilion dv6 with core i7 processor and 6 gig ram but the gpu of the system is Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 ‎(PS3.0/VS3.0)‎
and the vram is just 64 mb so the laptop cant really play a lot of games well. Please is there a way for me to increase or change any of these two or even both. THANKS

Has the video driver being installed fro HP's website?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by inikamoze(m): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
LordReed:

Schedule a boot time scan. Also scan the external HDD.

I think the virus/worm has to be on my files because of what I am experiencing now.
I did a complete OS re-install with a disc(had Professional on it before but installed Ultimate now). I thought that would solve the problem completely but I noticed the same thing again,but this time much more slowly.
After the re-install and transfer of my files,I had 130GB free space,I ran some drivers and downloaded some training vids(not even up to 1GB) and I noticed the disk size reduced to 128GB, as of this morning it is now 117GB.
HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS WORM/VIRUS?? b4 it destroys my hard drive. angry angry angry angry

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
inikamoze:

I think the virus/worm has to be on my files because of what I am experiencing now.
I did a complete OS re-install with a disc(had Professional on it before but installed Ultimate now). I thought that would solve the problem completely but I noticed the same thing again,but this time much more slowly.
After the re-install and transfer of my files,I had 130GB free space,I ran some drivers and downloaded some training vids(not even up to 1GB) and I noticed the disk size reduced to 128GB, as of this morning it is now 117GB.
HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS WORM/VIRUS?? b4 it destroys my hard drive. angry angry angry angry

The virus is probably in the backup of your files and each time you copy them back you safe reintroducing the virus.

After reinstalling the OS don't copy back anything. Just install an antivirus and then see if it repeats. If it does then the virus is on the boot sector and that requires the MBR to be cleaned by special programs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolugar: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
Good day guy,
Pls my laptop keyboard if typing numbers at the right side of the key instead of laters

As in later U, J M all to the right.

Pls how can I fix this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
tolugar:
Good day guy,
Pls my laptop keyboard if typing numbers at the right side of the key instead of laters

As in later U, J M all to the right.

Pls how can I fix this

Your NumLock is on, find the NumLock key and turn it off.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by inikamoze(m): 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
LordReed:

The virus is probably in the backup of your files and each time you copy them back you safe reintroducing the virus.

After reinstalling the OS don't copy back anything. Just install an antivirus and then see if it repeats. If it does then the virus is on the boot sector and that requires the MBR to be cleaned by special programs.

I have already copied back my files so I think the 'boot sector/MBR has to be cleaned'..pls how do I go about this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolugar: 11:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
LordReed:

Your NumLock is on, find the NumLock key and turn it off.

thanks bro. God bless u.

its ok nw
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by inikamoze(m): 1:13am On Oct 26, 2014
I also noticed that since I re installed a new OS,some functions has stopped working.

1.) Fn+F12 combo keys which hibernates my system
2. Fn + F2 combo keys which locks the system
3. Some icons of programs I pinned to taskbar does not show properly
4. Some devices on the Device Manager which when I tried to 'update driver' shows (as seen in screenshot attached)

Could those asterisked devices be the cause of the above listed?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:31am On Oct 26, 2014
inikamoze:
I also noticed that since I re installed a new OS,some functions has stopped working.

1.) Fn+F12 combo keys which hibernates my system
2. Fn + F2 combo keys which locks the system
3. Some icons of programs I pinned to taskbar does not show properly
4. Some devices on the Device Manager which when I tried to 'update driver' shows (as seen in screenshot attached)

Could those asterisked devices be the cause of the above listed?

Yes missing drivers are responsible for 1,2 and 4. You need to go to the manufacturers website to get the required drivers.

As for 3 you need to check that the linked programs are where they are supposed to be or simply remove the taskbar icons and re-link.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:34am On Oct 26, 2014
inikamoze:

I have already copied back my files so I think the 'boot sector/MBR has to be cleaned'..pls how do I go about this?

Read this:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/20864-mbr-restore-windows-7-master-boot-record.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kosemanik: 10:31am On Oct 26, 2014
Pls help d usb port on my toshiba c850 lapy just stop working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2014
Good morning guys, I can't move my mouse whenever am typing. it also affects me when gaming as I can't Shoot while running especially in first person shooter games.I have tried to reduce my touchpad delay to "No delay (always on)" But it keeps happening...Pls, any soltn?? Am using Win 8.1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ehen, please I'm finally going to get the laptop tomorrow and my friend that directed me to where I'll buy told me they'l install softwares/programs I request for upon purchase....please and pleases, can you guys help me out with some BASIC/FUNDAMENTAL programs/softwares I need on the system..i.e. Must have programs for every system...thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
mazizitonene:
Ehen, please I'm finally going to get the laptop tomorrow and my friend that directed me to where I'll buy told me they'l install softwares/programs I request for upon purchase....please and pleases, can you guys help me out with some BASIC/FUNDAMENTAL programs/softwares I need on the system..i.e. Must have programs for every system...thanx

Microsoft Office

Antivirus

VLC

Adobe reader

Dictionary

Chrome

Ccleaner

Winzip
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Kosemanik:
Pls help d usb port on my toshiba c850 lapy just stop working

Have you try connecting another usb device ?

Any found new hardware message ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mickyboiz: 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
hello guys help me o my laptop backlit refused to ON bt b4 it used to do dat and after sum minutes it will On, bt since yesterday it refuse to on and the screen is working bt no ligth i have to use torch light b4 i can see the screen. What can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kosemanik: 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
deji2009:

Have you try connecting another usb device ?

Any found new hardware message ?

i connect modem no show, pls help dis is my whatsapp 08058983120
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 12:16am On Oct 27, 2014
deji2009:

Microsoft Office

Antivirus

VLC

Adobe reader

Dictionary

Chrome

Ccleaner

Winzip

Thanx bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by infobar: 9:58am On Oct 27, 2014
Please I need help with my pc...I tried turning it on yeaterday and I found out that the system will be on I care here the welcome tone but I can see anything on the screen( the screen is not showing anything...its not even coming up at all) is this a flex problem and how much will it cost...please help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holyhassan: 11:49am On Oct 27, 2014
danies1941:

Has the video driver being installed fro HP's website?
I dont know...how do i check
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordraiden(m): 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
How much is original dell charger 19.5v,6.7a(130watts)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.