Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271351 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holyhassan: 6:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
Help guys i use an hp pavilion dv6 with core i7 processor and 6 gig ram but the gpu of the system is Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 ‎(PS3.0/VS3.0)‎
and the vram is just 64 mb so the laptop cant really play a lot of games well. Please is there a way for me to increase or change any of these two or even both. THANKS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dejii01(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
holyhassan:
Help guys i use an hp pavilion dv6 with core i7 processor and 6 gig ram but the gpu of the system is Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 ‎(PS3.0/VS3.0)‎
and the vram is just 64 mb so the laptop cant really play a lot of games well. Please is there a way for me to increase or change any of these two or even both. THANKS

You can change your dedicated video ram by accessing the BIOS menu at startup.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mofeuniben(m): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2014
How To stream live matches on your devices with low data charges http://www.eminado..com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
holyhassan:

dejii01:

I would advise you to keep the default settings ! "...and the vram is just 64 mb so the laptop cant really play a lot of games well".

How is it not playing well, please be specific.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
Pls I want to ask, is there any difference between using a phone (blackberry) as a modem via a usb cable and using an actual real usb modem to browse. Any real major difference ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by inikamoze(m): 1:03am On Oct 23, 2014
Please how do I fix this annoying 'You are running out of disk space' message I keep getting. Because of this message I had to transfer most of my files to an External HDD,and restored the laptop to factory state,which after re-transferring most of the important files I need back to my laptop I had 127GB free space. I thought the error has been corrected,only for me to wake up this morning and get the same message again.
Initially when I checked my drive C, what I saw initially was 0 bytes free on drive:C,I ran a system restore and it became 10GB free,within minutes it was down to 3.7GB free space remaining again..even when I didn't download or add any files to my laptop.
Please Techies in the house,how can I rectify this issue,and I do hope its not serious though..I pray.

Your solution(s) needed urgently.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:21am On Oct 23, 2014
inikamoze:
Please how do I fix this annoying 'You are running out of disk space' message I keep getting. Because of this message I had to transfer most of my files to an External HDD,and restored the laptop to factory state,which after re-transferring most of the important files I need back to my laptop I had 127GB free space. I thought the error has been corrected,only for me to wake up this morning and get the same message again.
Initially when I checked my drive C, what I saw initially was 0 bytes free on drive:C,I ran a system restore and it became 10GB free,within minutes it was down to 3.7GB free space remaining again..even when I didn't download or add any files to my laptop.
Please Techies in the house,how can I rectify this issue,and I do hope its not serious though..I pray.

Your solution(s) needed urgently.

You probably have a worm type virus replicating in the system and got reinfected after you did a factory reset. What antivirus are you using?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:24am On Oct 23, 2014
mazizitonene:
Pls I want to ask, is there any difference between using a phone (blackberry) as a modem via a usb cable and using an actual real usb modem to browse. Any real major difference ?

None really except some connections maybe interrupted by phone calls while using BlackBerry as a modem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 6:44am On Oct 23, 2014
LordReed:

None really except some connections maybe interrupted by phone calls while using BlackBerry as a modem.
ok..thanx bro..........but which network's BIS subscription works with a laptop using a BB as a modem. Glo or etisalat ?...though I heard Glo BIS doesn't work on laptops trying to use BB as a modem...how true is this ?.......ps: I'm asking cos I'm about to get my own laptop tomorrow, want to knw if to use my BB or jst buy a modem..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2014
mazizitonene:
ok..thanx bro..........but which network's BIS subscription works with a laptop using a BB as a modem. Glo or etisalat ?...though I heard Glo BIS doesn't work on laptops trying to use BB as a modem...how true is this ?.......ps: I'm asking cos I'm about to get my own laptop tomorrow, want to knw if to use my BB or jst buy a modem..

I use my Glo bis on my phone to browse on my laptop with no problem, both via USB and WiFi so likewise you shouldn't have any problems.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 8:33am On Oct 23, 2014
mazizitonene:
the only difference would be in the capacity of d phone or modem, I.e. If it they have 3g, hspa of edge capability.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2014
LordReed:

I use my Glo bis on my phone to browse on my laptop with no problem, both via USB and WiFi so likewise you shouldn't have any problems.
Alright bro...tanx

mcdokwe:
the only difference would be in the capacity of d phone or modem, I.e. If it they have 3g, hspa of edge capability.
...I see...thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by inikamoze(m): 9:52am On Oct 23, 2014
LordReed:

You probably have a worm type virus replicating in the system and got reinfected after you did a factory reset. What antivirus are you using?

I have the AVAST PRO(Registered) installed. When I did the factory reset I scanned the system,but was surprised the problem persisted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 10:18am On Oct 23, 2014
Hello house. Sure we are all good.

My Laptop has driven me down here again. Starting from the very day I re-installed my OS, windows 7 professional, it began to tell me battery not detected - crossing the Ba3 icon with red. I drained the ba3, pulled it over and over ... It began to charge... But I now observed that the laptop has been displaying wrong ba3 level, coz its at 20percent and it tripped off all of a sudden. At times it frozen at 9 or O% charging for eternity. Pls what ccan I do to troubleshoot this menace?

Thanks in anticipation for your kind and prompt response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by inikamoze(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2014
Whats the 'significant' difference between Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate? Is one better than the other?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2014
KENNSAMMY:
Hello house. Sure we are all good.
My Laptop has driven me down here again. Starting from the very day I re-installed my OS, windows 7 professional, it began to tell me battery not detected - crossing the Ba3 icon with red. I drained the ba3, pulled it over and over ... It began to charge... But I now observed that the laptop has been displaying wrong ba3 level, coz its at 20percent and it tripped off all of a sudden. At times it frozen at 9 or O% charging for eternity. Pls what ccan I do to troubleshoot this menace?
Thanks in anticipation for your kind and prompt response.

I suggest you replace that battery. Next new battery you get, charge fully befoew using, cycle fully (drain -> Charge) about 5 times within a few days. You should be good to go with that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 11:41am On Oct 23, 2014
wahles:
I b JJC, didn't know y I went for d linux version of this aser aspire e1-510 e doesn't boot, wanna ask if its possible I upgrade it windows 8. I neva use eye c d desktop atall and it hurts# please any theories

Lol. You might need to adjust some boot flags. DO you get an error while trying to boot? Can you do a snapshot with your phone?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:43am On Oct 23, 2014
inikamoze:

I have the AVAST PRO(Registered) installed. When I did the factory reset I scanned the system,but was surprised the problem persisted.

I hope you followed lord reed advice. Any did you ran a cd or hard drive reset ? full or partial reset ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 11:48am On Oct 23, 2014
litaninja:

Lol. You might need to adjust some boot flags. DO you get an error while trying to boot? Can you do a snapshot with your phone?

Just saw the screen you posted from earlier, are you booting from an external drive or cdrom? Looks like a minimal live distro is booted....not all of those have a "desktop" or gui installed by default.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
inikamoze:

Schedule a boot time scan. Also scan the external HDD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
inikamoze:
Whats the 'significant' difference between Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate? Is one better than the other?
it d security and in nigeria here it not dat impotant so u can install any 1 of d both
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by COUTUREC007: 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
LordReed:

Schedule a boot time scan. Also scan the external HDD.
Is your avast pro updated even if it's free it will work well if it has the latest update.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holyhassan: 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
dejii01:

there is no option for me to change anything there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holyhassan: 11:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
deji2009:

I would advise you to keep the default settings ! "...and the vram is just 64 mb so the laptop cant really play a lot of games well".

How is it not playing well, please be specific.
it cant play fifa 14 on good graphics and it cant even play pes 13 and its a core i7 laptop for crying out loud
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayusco85(m): 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

bros pls help my system is slow, and it takes time to boot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayusco85(m): 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
LordReed:

bros i dey hail. pls how can i solve the problem of my laptop been slow? and it takes time to boot, like 5-10mins, it wasnt like this b4
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
ayusco85:

bros i dey hail. pls how can i solve the problem of my laptop been slow? and it takes time to boot, like 5-10mins, it wasnt like this b4

You have to do some work on your startup programs and services as well as defragment and decongest your HDD.

I will post the steps to do both later.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
ayusco85:

u can use system restore not to factory setting oo but a certain date. U will remember what ur did last b4 it start to slow den u will restore it to dat date it will start working fast

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.