Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268149 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abdujapha(m): 4:10pm On May 19, 2015
Hi bigt2
My laptop acer aspire one D257 doesn't come on except for the back light. Our office I.T guy looked at it and said the hard disk is dead because the OS wasn't genuine.(I once changed the OS from windows 7 starter to windows 7 pro and after a while I was getting prompts on the OS not being genuine)
Please do you have an idea how much it would cost to replace the hard disk and reinstall a genuine Windows 7 starter and would the RAM be affected by this also?
Thanks.

bigt2:
1) Click on Start. Go to Run. Users running
Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista, go to Search .
2) Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
3) Navigate to User Configuration/ Administrative
Templates / System.
4) In the work area on the right side, double click
on " Prevent access to the command prompt".
5) In the popup dialog, encircle Disabled and
click OK.
6) You should be able to immediately use the
command prompt. If you still cannot access it,
restart your computer.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 19, 2015
bigt2:
nice vocab bro. learnt a new word today. now back to your laptop probem. can you connect it with an external monitor to check if it will come up on the monitor and probably not on the laptop screen? I would suggest you do than.
however, it can be a RAM problem too, either of the two. If you are ready to get your hands dirty, discharge your hands from static electricity, find a matching screwdriver, and open the back pannel (not the whole laptop o cheesy), I should have illustrated better but you failed to give the specs of your laptop. After removing the plastic slate behind your laptop, gently remove your RAM stick(s), clean it(them) and re-seat them. try your luck after that.
IF NO JOY, then you should refer to the former advice. the formeris to be carried out if the latter fails (pardon my arrangement) Good luck Sir. cool
Thanks sir.
Did the latter and it came up. But there is a little problem. My cousin, at first, had mistakenly removed the system-disk confusing it for the RAM. He detached it completely from the system(so much for our naivety). Here is what's displaying on the monitor "non-system disk or disk error. Replace and strike any key when ready" what can we do to effect repair?
As to it's specs. Here is a bit of what i can lay my fingers on:
LAPTOP - HP 625
Windows - window 7
RAM - 2GB
Operating system - Intel (lol. I'm clearly off the boat with regards to computer components.)

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:48pm On May 19, 2015
Abdujapha:
Hi bigt2
My laptop acer aspire one D257 doesn't come on except for the back light. Our office I.T guy looked at it and said the hard disk is dead because the OS wasn't genuine.(I once changed the OS from windows 7 starter to windows 7 pro and after a while I was getting prompts on the OS not being genuine)
Please do you have an idea how much it would cost to replace the hard disk and reinstall a genuine Windows 7 starter and would the RAM be affected by this also?
Thanks.

bigt2:
1) Click on Start. Go to Run. Users running
Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista, go to Search .
2) Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
3) Navigate to User Configuration/ Administrative
Templates / System.
4) In the work area on the right side, double click
on " Prevent access to the command prompt".
5) In the popup dialog, encircle Disabled and
click OK.
6) You should be able to immediately use the
command prompt. If you still cannot access it,
restart your computer.

Look on this forum for adetwin h/she
would be able to provide repairs and
charge for his service. I am sure adetwin
would run windows genuine test after installation.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2015
Epaul:
Thanks sir.
Did the latter and it came up. But there is a little problem. My cousin, at first, had mistakenly removed the system-disk confusing it for the RAM. He detached it completely from the system(so much for our naivety). Here is what's displaying on the monitor "non-system disk or disk error. Replace and strike any key when ready" what can we do to effect repair?
LAPTOP - HP 625
Windows - window 7
RAM - 2GB
Operating system - Intel (lol. I'm clearly off the boat with regards to computer components.)

Given my colleague's advice, could you please restart the machine and keep pressing
f10 for bios and run me an hard drive short test. It would be advisable to plug in your charger to
prevent unexpected shutdown.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 19, 2015
deji2009:

Given my colleague's advice, could you please restart the machine and keep pressing
f10 for bios and run me an hard drive short test. It would be advisable to plug in your charger to
prevent unexpected shutdown.
thanks. The F10bios displayed the following "exiting.. Save Option YES, NO and CANCEL".
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rottable(m): 5:35pm On May 19, 2015
hello nairalander, I have an issue with my HP MINI laptop. whenever I on the laptop it write "COOLING FAN NOT WORKING". pls, what can I do cause I heard it can damage my system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akposy(m): 9:53pm On May 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

Last time I repair such, I think I was around 8k or so...
Try get fixing price adetwin
Tanx sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Smath(m): 11:38pm On May 19, 2015
Please I have a problem with my mini laptop...it can't recognize any device via its universal serial port
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Smath(m): 11:40pm On May 19, 2015
Smath:
Please I have a problem with my mini laptop...it can't recognize any device via its universal serial port

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:02am On May 20, 2015
Epaul:
thanks. The F10bios displayed the following "exiting.. Save Option YES, NO and CANCEL".

click no or cancel and run me the hard drive test
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyif2003(m): 6:11am On May 20, 2015
cp2dec1:

Sounds like some power issue. You may need to drain power from the systemboard

Try removing the battery and unplugging the power supply from the laptop

Press the power key 10 times and then hold it down for 10 seconds after and release

Then plug the power supply only and try to power on

Let us know if it works.
thanx bro. i even forgot i asked for solution here. i gave d lapy to an egineer nd he told me d i.c is bad . dat i need to change d board dat d board is a refurbished board.he said 11k to change nd i gave him d go ahead. now he is saying most of d board he put are nt really compactible wif the lappy. pls whats is d next move.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:13am On May 20, 2015
rottable:
hello nairalander, I have an issue with my HP MINI laptop. whenever I on the laptop it write "COOLING FAN NOT WORKING". pls, what can I do cause I heard it can damage my system

Pls and pls stop using the laptop until the fan its fixed because it will bounce on your hard disk... I smell danger on ur hard disk shocked sad shocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:17am On May 20, 2015
Smath:

Is it that u formated your system? If YES!!
kindly look for the drivers and install your USB will b back to work if does not work let us know
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Smath(m): 7:28am On May 20, 2015
adetwin:

Is it that u formated your system? If YES!!
kindly look for the drivers and install your USB will b back to work if does not work let us know

I did not format it ...it just stop working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:36am On May 20, 2015
Smath:

I did not format it ...it just stop working

Try get the drivers and install, after that if it does not u need to reload the OS pls back up ur DATA... if u can't reload kindly check our signature for contact
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dungas30(m): 7:38am On May 20, 2015
bigt2:
can you get it into safe mode? depress the volume down button when the android brand logo appears. it should vibrate and get intoo safe mode. see what comes up from there.
tanx bro it workz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:58am On May 20, 2015
!!!!$60 Payment Recieved--online no investments....
i thought it was fake but they did pay....
whatsapp me 233546834333 for details

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 10:06am On May 20, 2015
Can I download and install the upgrade to my laptop's OS ( from 7 to 8 )?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mj245: 11:40am On May 20, 2015
please I sincerely need your help . I tried to repair my HP 630 fan due to the process two chips fell from the LCD ribbon attached to the mother board and am sure its graphics chip because the screen is showing white.please can the chip be soldered back by a good comp engr please I need your suggestions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:39pm On May 20, 2015
Abdujapha:
Hi bigt2
Thanks.

YOUR HARD DISK CAN NOT GO BAD BECAUSE THE WINDOWS IS NOT GENUINE!!! The guy is a CHICKEN angry
That said, it may be another problem. What is your location so that we will maake necesssary arrangements on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2015
Epaul:
Thanks sir.
LAPTOP - HP 625
Windows - window 7
RAM - 2GB

thats funny and not funny. Sorry for the belated response but i want to ask if the SATA cable connecting the Hard disk to the motherboard is correctly plugged, take note if the cable is not stressed, broken, or suffering from any other tension.
let me know how it goes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:55pm On May 20, 2015
mj245:
please I sincerely need your help . I tried to repair my HP 630 fan due to the process two chips fell from the LCD ribbon attached to the mother board and am sure its graphics chip because the screen is showing white.please can the chip be soldered back by a good comp engr please I need your suggestions
i smell danger cos the two ics fell as a result of being tilted to an odd angle. You will need a heat gun or an angelic butane/electric soldering iron to solder it back and hopefully, it might work. the heat gun is very scarce here and that leaves you to the option of soldering iron. Good luck for i dont wish you to change the motherboard because of two little ics.
This is a lesson for another time. You need to cover delicate parts when working in another area. this is a precautionary motive.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:57pm On May 20, 2015
rottable:
you need to change the system fan. get it to a qualified personnel in order to avoid other calamities. What is your location?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:00pm On May 20, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
you can buy the windows 8 disc and install from there. You can also do this without losing any of your files, i.e. without formatting. what is your location please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mablie(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2015
_
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mj245: 3:28pm On May 20, 2015
bigt2:
i smell danger cos the two ics fell as a result of being tilted to an odd angle. You will need a heat gun or an angelic butane/electric soldering iron to solder it back and hopefully, it might work. the heat gun is very scarce here and that leaves you to the option of soldering iron. Good luck for i dont wish you to change the motherboard because of two little ics.
This is a lesson for another time. You need to cover delicate parts when working in another area. this is a precautionary motive.
OK sir thanks but if I go to a engineering shop won't there b odds that I will c a scrap HP 630 m board
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:08pm On May 20, 2015
mj245:
OK sir thanks but if I go to a engineering shop won't there b odds that I will c a scrap HP 630 m board
there should be
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2015
mablie:
Hello everyone.I've had an issue with my DELL E6400 PC since yesterday.It highlighted the message "Windows 7 can't start up normally because of a change in hardware or faulty software.Use Windows Start up Repair to solve the problem".I then clicked on the start up repair prompt and the screen went blank and has been that way for the past 9hours.No sign of any repairs happening whatsoever just a black screen.House abeg,what steps should I follow to solve this issue?For hours,I've searched the internet for a solution.Still haven't found any.Help a brotha out fellas

Please check no cd/device or usb stick is attached
Power off and remove battery and charger
connect everything back again and
restart and keep pressing f8
then choose safe mode and use
google to find out how to system restore to
a time it works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 8:30pm On May 20, 2015
cyif2003:
thanx bro. i even forgot i asked for solution here. i gave d lapy to an egineer nd he told me d i.c is bad . dat i need to change d board dat d board is a refurbished board.he said 11k to change nd i gave him d go ahead. now he is saying most of d board he put are nt really compactible wif the lappy. pls whats is d next move.

Well, you cant just put any system board into a laptop. You must put the right one or it will not work. I really wished you couldve tried to drain the power first before giving it to a technician. Its always a good thing to just do the basic troubleshooting before going for the extreme. Anyways sha...what is done is done...all you can do is wait for him to get a compatible board for your laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MznAirA(f): 10:18pm On May 20, 2015
Please this is my first time her and I need help.. really dnt knw much about computer problems.. my Pc monitor isn't coming on and I dnt knw why.. immediately I plug the cord to the cpu, it just goes off i.e the part that has a screw or so. Please how do I fix this cuz I noticed that if I unplug that the monitor comes on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 12:55am On May 21, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:

Ofcourse, You can . But firstly make sure you pc specs support windows 8, try confirm this from brand webpage. This would save from further driver issues.

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.