Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263799 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyif2003(m): 12:17pm On May 22, 2015
onegig:

40k?

Are you checking the same ebay?

Also are you buing factory refurbished or brand new?
yep approximately. saw one for $138. dont no if its refurbuished or brand new.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2015
cyif2003:
pls who is adetwin nd how can i get in touch wif him

cc : adetwin

look bro , he's right behind you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by conyema12(m): 7:52pm On May 22, 2015
Good day gurus in the house.

Pls i have this new dell vostro that runs fine. but whenever i open a web page, other uninvited web pages keeps popping up. i have tried to adjusts the pop up blocker setting yet they keep tormenting me.

How do i stop them. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ephortunate(m): 8:24pm On May 22, 2015
Good evening, guys. Please, my laptop keeps telling me 'Plugged in, not charging" when I plug in the laptop charger. But if I plug it into a similar laptop, it will be charging the laptop. Also if I plug in my own charger into a similar system, it will be charging it well, but not mine still.
Thanks....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Crespodinho(m): 8:28pm On May 22, 2015
pple help,my laptop shuts down without giving me low battrey sign.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 22, 2015
Crespodinho:
Most likely you need a change of battery. Does it have a x marked on the battery sign on your desktop?
You can get some tutorials ,look at my signature below
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 22, 2015
Crespodinho:
Most likely your battery needs replacement .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by directonpc(m): 2:06am On May 23, 2015
ephortunate:
Good evening, guys. Please, my laptop keeps telling me 'Plugged in, not charging" when I plug in the laptop charger. But if I plug it into a similar laptop, it will be charging the laptop. Also if I plug in my own charger into a similar system, it will be charging it well, but not mine still.
Thanks....
your battery might be bad and needs replacement
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyif2003(m): 7:05am On May 23, 2015
adetwin pls come to my rescue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:07am On May 23, 2015
conyema12:
Good day gurus in the house.

Pls i have this new dell vostro that runs fine. but whenever i open a web page, other uninvited web pages keeps popping up. i have tried to adjusts the pop up blocker setting yet they keep tormenting me.

How do i stop them. Thanks

First uninstall that browser. also check your program fearures and uninstall those toolbars on the browser e.g mywebsearch, aol, ask, iLivid and so on. Remove all plugins except adobe flash, shockwave and java runtime. All others should be deleted.

Reinstall the browser and you would be fine.

Next you need to stop downloading everything you see on the internet. I feel personal disgust when people bring systems him and they complain about its slowness or malfunction only to check and see they are the harbingers of the problems. Downloading anything clickable online even if its a virus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:09am On May 23, 2015
ephortunate:
Thanks....

You need a new charger.

That it works for someone else doesnt mean your laptop spec has the same rating and power conaumptipn requirement. Take the system along and find the required charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2015
Crespodinho:

We aren't magicians bro.

Give us more background info.

How does it shut down?
Abruptly(i.e just goes blank) or it shuts down using the Shutdown function?

What is your battery percentage at that point?

If you restart it, does it tell you it suffered any crash?

Get this information and we should be able to help you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyif2003(m): 7:13am On May 23, 2015
onegig:

40k?

Are you checking the same ebay?

Also are you buing factory refurbished or brand new?
oga onegig seee d link
m.ebay.com/itm/151681812653?nav=SEARCH
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by prinxel(m): 7:33am On May 23, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] smiley GUDMORNIN ALL, PLS I HV AN HP LAPTOP. IT DOESN'T DISPLAY WEN THERE IS RAM N REFUSE 2 power ON WEN I INSERT RAM, PLS HELP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyif2003(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2015
[quote author=cyif2003 post=34014070] oga onegig seee d link . www.m.ebay.com/itm/151681812653?nav=SEARCH
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:52am On May 23, 2015
cyif2003:

oga onegig seee d link
m.ebay.com/itm/151681812653?nav=SEARCH

Seen it.

Its new.

You have to understand a new motherboard is like a brand new system. If you still fancy the Hp, then you should get this.

I see the motherboard is coming straight from the manufacturers shelf not the usual chinese clones and refurbished ones.

Go for it if you pocket can carry it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyif2003(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2015
onegig:

Seen it.

Its new.

You have to understand a new motherboard is like a brand new system. If you still fancy the Hp, then you should get this.

I see the motherboard is coming straight from the manufacturers shelf not the usual chinese clones and refurbished ones.

Go for it if you pocket can carry it.
its written used nd there is no guaranteee it will work. cant i get it here in niaja kus d tin cost no n smalll.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:42am On May 23, 2015
cyif2003:

its written used nd there is no guaranteee it will work. cant i get it here in niaja kus d tin cost no n

It's an amd?

if yes. I don't ascribe to buying used or even refurbished of it. 6 to 8 months and you are back to square one. You can sell the system for scrap. Add money and get something else. you can't get the new one for less than 26 to 28k here in Ikeja except maybe factory refurbished for 22k and used for 18k both of which are not reliable and carry a 1 month warranty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Crespodinho(m): 9:25am On May 23, 2015
efuks:

Most likely your battery needs replacement .
Am using an integrated battery and d battery works fine except for the shutting down aspect.. Sometimes it shows battery low warning,but most times it wont.. It also dosnt av X mark
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyif2003(m): 9:53am On May 23, 2015
onegig:

It's an amd?

if yes. I don't ascribe to buying used or even refurbished of it. 6 to 8 months and you are back to square one. You can sell the system for scrap. Add money and get something else. you can't get the new one for less than 26 to 28k here in Ikeja except maybe factory refurbished for 22k and used for 18k both of which are not reliable and carry a 1 month warranty.
thanx a lot. i really appreciate. i will just remove d hard disk nd sell it offf. its better off dan taking d huge risk of getting anoda board..... its a quard core(intel) i guesss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dulal27: 12:18pm On May 23, 2015
Life is Strange Episode 4 PC Game Free Download HERE>>>>>

<a href="https://www.facebook.com/LifeisStrangeEpisode4FreeDownload
">Life Is Strange Episode 4 Free Donwload</a>

<a href="https://www.facebook.com/LifeisStrangeEpisode4FreeDownload
">Life Is Strange Episode 4 Free Donwload</a>

Life is Strange Episode 4 PC Game Free Download setup in direct link for windows. Life is Strange 4 PC Game is an episodic adventure game.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 2:34pm On May 23, 2015
cyif2003:
adetwin pls come to my rescue

We get back to you as soon as the mother board is available.... Ur location pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:59pm On May 23, 2015
ephortunate:
Thanks....

pls explain the bolded.

if I understand your complain, you mean you observed that when you plug-in your charger to your laptop, it writes " plug in, not charging" in the notification bar and the percentage of the battery will not increase.
but when you use your charger on another system, it works fine.

if this is the case, then the first thing you are going to do is to look for another battery and replace it with your own. then test whether your system will be charging the battery i.e if battery percentage is rising.

if not, then look for another charger and test whether it will charge the battery .

if not, your motherboard needs to be examined by an engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 8:08pm On May 23, 2015
Pls house....about 5 keys on my keyboard is nt working for 2weeks now....wat shud i do to resolve d issue...am using hp650...intel pentium....pls help....im tired of using onscreen keyboard for sum keys dats nt working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:56pm On May 23, 2015
Damfostopper:
Pls house....about 5 keys on my keyboard is nt working for 2weeks now....wat shud i do to resolve d issue...am using hp650...intel pentium....pls help....im tired of using onscreen keyboard for sum keys dats nt working

Look for adetwin on this forum, he might of help.
I live abroad and would advise adetwin, he lives in Nigeria
Look for him, take my word. He will charge you for his service,

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:03pm On May 23, 2015
ephortunate:
Thanks....

Google battery memory effective to read more. In the meanwhile,
save all your data to prevent data loss and then let the laptop
Shut itself down and then charge it to 100 percent when in windows

The battery should state plug in charging

Disconnect the charger and use as normal. Always connect your charger when
You get battery low message don't plug it in in between always wait for the
Prompt.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ephortunate(m): 11:44pm On May 23, 2015
sotall:

pls explain the bolded.

if I understand your complain, you mean you observed that when you plug-in your charger to your laptop, it writes " plug in, not charging" in the notification bar and the percentage of the battery will not increase.
but when you use your charger on another system, it works fine.

if this is the case, then the first thing you are going to do is to look for another battery and replace it with your own. then test whether your system will be charging the battery i.e if battery percentage is rising.

if not, then look for another charger and test whether it will charge the battery .

if not, your motherboard needs to be examined by an engineer.
OK, I will do d test change of battery. But examine d motherboard? Not just yet, that's a new laptop, not uptown a year and I don't wanna go a-fiddling yet oh
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ephortunate(m): 11:45pm On May 23, 2015
deji2009:

Google battery memory effective to read more. In the meanwhile, save all your data to prevent data loss and then let the laptop Shut itself down and then charge it to 100 percent when in windows
The battery should state plug in charging
Disconnect the charger and use as normal. Always connect your charger when You get battery low message don't plug it in in between always wait for the Prompt.
I will do that and report back to you...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 11:56pm On May 23, 2015
deji2009:

Look for adetwin on this forum, he might of help.
I live abroad and would advise adetwin, he lives in Nigeria
Look for him, take my word. He will charge you for his service,
i hope he sees dis cos i cant locate him
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 8:24am On May 24, 2015
Damfostopper:
i hope he sees dis cos i cant locate him

Its clear that you will need to change your keyboard, pls your location so that scan arrange on how we can oveto help fix it up.. Check our signature for contact
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 9:19am On May 24, 2015
Pls, videos keeps cracking when playing in my laptop, what could be the problem? What's the best video player for laptops and the current version? Tanx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.