Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271370 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zhiktudor: 6:04pm On May 30, 2015
zhiktudor:
gurus in d howz,i av a problem wit my laptop hp510,i abandone it for a while by d tym i need it d fone d nt on again except iremove d ba3,it work normal without d ba3, & i try to buy anoda ba3 d ba3 also worked bt d problem dere iz dat wen i plug charger d ba3 do flunctuate, may say 90% chargin b4 u knw it say 10% chargin next may b 60% & so on. who can help me wit any idea plsssssss.

Some1 to help me out pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:43pm On May 30, 2015
crowndehoney:
The system is AMD

if its AMD, then its most certainly VGA problem.

you can reach me on if you are in Lagos
for help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kodded(m): 11:44pm On May 30, 2015
bigt2:
put the laptop in an air tight nylon. Wrap it firmly to the extent that air will not enter or escape through the charging port. Plug in the charger and switch it on. Leave it like that till it switches off by itself. After this, the graphics panel detached through heat must have been reflowed. G. Luck.

Please can you throw more light ?

Cannt understand the procedure
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crowndehoney(m): 8:21am On May 31, 2015
sotall:

if its AMD, then its most certainly VGA problem.

you can reach me on 07036391084 if you are in Lagos
for help
I'm in Ibadan....I wld call U though 4 more help....Thanks so much!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:30am On May 31, 2015
zhiktudor:

Some1 to help me out pls
Please restructure your question properly and i will respond to it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammie3(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2015
Good day GUYS I am currently aving two issues. One is- was playing fifa on my laptop b4 power went out and d system hibernate while still playing. Wen power came back I tried switching it on and it just wouldn't start. It just blinks the caps lock's button led light once.
The other issue is I removed d hdd from my system dm4 (the one with d first issue) and placed it in my dv6 and it boots but d usb Ports aren't working. And it is not an hardware problem cos it works well on d bios. Would really appreciate some help. Thank u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jibloh(m): 5:12pm On May 31, 2015
My 5 year old Compaq 615 laptop started showing some buish green colourations last year, and after few months, the scree just would not come up despite being on. I took it for repair and the engineer brought it back to life. 2 weeks after, d same colourations started showing on the laptop when on. The engineer diagnosed it as a vGA poblem. He said I'd need to change the board to get a new VGA card. My question is: what's the guarantee that a replaced motherbard won't give problem later? He said it would cost Me 25K to change d new board. Hope he is nnot trying to rip me off. Pls, I need your advice. I am not buoyant for now to buy a new laptop. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 8:46pm On May 31, 2015
kodded:

Please can you throw more light ?

Cannt understand the procedure

seriously ??

You dont still get it ??

alternative to a polythene. Just Find a school bag ,, Make it air tight i.e There should be a way for air emission. Zip the bag up with Lappy inside it.

Ff the rest ...You should get now.
Bigt2 thanks for this OGBANJE method though. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2015
dammie3:
Good day GUYS I am currently aving two issues. One is- was playing fifa on my laptop b4 power went out and d system hibernate while still playing. Wen power came back I tried switching it on and it just wouldn't start. It just blinks the caps lock's button led light once.
The other issue is I removed d hdd from my system dm4 (the one with d first issue) and placed it in my dv6 and it boots but d usb Ports aren't working. And it is not an hardware problem cos it works well on d bios. Would really appreciate some help. Thank u

before loosing things out. I believe you could have tried some necessary measures.

Loosing excessive power might have fixed the PC.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:39pm On May 31, 2015
jibloh:
My 5 year old Compaq 615 laptop started showing some buish green colourations last year, and after few months, the scree just would not come up despite being on. I took it for repair and the engineer brought it back to life. 2 weeks after, d same colourations started showing on the laptop when on. The engineer diagnosed it as a vGA poblem. He said I'd need to change the board to get a new VGA card. My question is: what's the guarantee that a replaced motherbard won't give problem later? He said it would cost Me 25K to change d new board. Hope he is nnot trying to rip me off. Pls, I need your advice. I am not buoyant for now to buy a new laptop. Thanks

A 5 year old Compaq?

Do the cost analysis. There are better Uk used systems that don't cost more than 360I that you can invest in. Spending 25k on that system to me is not worth it except it's an extraordinary "machine". Tell him to scrap it, Sell parts and so. You may not get more than 5 to 8k but it's a good bargain. Add money and get something better.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammie3(m): 3:52am On Jun 01, 2015
Tolzeal:

before loosing things out. I believe you could have tried some necessary measures.

Loosing excessive power might have fixed the PC.
wah do u mean by excessive powe. And dis is to solution to issue 1 or 2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 01, 2015
Hello all, i just recently encountered a problem with my asus k43u laptop, i woke it up from hibernation yesterday, it came on, i put in my password, desktop displayed. It was looking fyn, then i went outside to pack my close outside, when i came back my laptop screen was completly black with a message like ''reboot and select proper boot media and press a key'' the message was multiple on the screen and its was blinking. I pressed one key and the blinking stopped. I pressed the power button and it immediatly shut down which was very unusal.
I started the laptop again, and it showed me on message after the asus logo to select the boot media, i think i selected one of them because they were two, on ended with ram, while the other had some numbers and letters as it name e.g st903145s66.
Then it showed the windows logo, after with a black screen came up, i waited for about 5 minutes or xo before i could eventually log in. And i when i logged in discovered the laptop was extremely slow, it takes minutes form programs to open, and even when they open they dont respond or just hang, at times the thing will just hang. I decide to scan with avast but the first messagae i got was that avast is noy running in background or xo and no endpoints or something like that. Please i want you all to help me solve this problem. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2015
My laptop is windows 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jibloh(m): 9:56am On Jun 01, 2015
onegig:

A 5 year old Compaq?

Do the cost analysis. There are better Uk used systems that don't cost more than 360I that you can invest in. Spending 25k on that system to me is not worth it except it's an extraordinary "machine". Tell him to scrap it, Sell parts and so. You may not get more than 5 to 8k but it's a good bargain. Add money and get something better.

Thank you for your contribution. Where U̶̲̥̅̊ said 360I, U̶̲̥̅̊ meant 36K?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:36am On Jun 01, 2015
jibloh:

Thank you for your contribution. Where U̶̲̥̅̊ said 360I, U̶̲̥̅̊ meant 36K?
yeah. Auto correct errors.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2015
Tolzeal:

seriously ??

You dont still get it ??

alternative to a polythene. Just Find a school bag ,, Make it air tight i.e There should be a way for air emission. Zip the bag up with Lappy inside it.

Ff the rest ...You should get now.
Bigt2 thanks for this OGBANJE method though. cheesy
THANKS FOR SHEDDING HIM THE LIGHT. I HEREBY ANNOUNCE MY ABSENCE ON NAIRALAND FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. MY MAIN SOURCE OF INTERNET IS MY PHONE AND IT GOT BUSTED TWO DAYS AGO. HOPEFULLY, ILL RECTIFY THE SITUATION AND AS SOON AS I DO, I WILL COMMUNICATE YOU ALL. SEE YOU AT THE TOP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
bigt2:
THANKS FOR SHEDDING HIM THE LIGHT. I HEREBY ANNOUNCE MY ABSENCE ON NAIRALAND FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. MY MAIN SOURCE OF INTERNET IS MY PHONE AND IT GOT BUSTED TWO DAYS AGO. HOPEFULLY, ILL RECTIFY THE SITUATION AND AS SOON AS I DO, I WILL COMMUNICATE YOU ALL. SEE YOU AT THE TOP.

Oh... sorry about that bro.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dumchuks(m): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2015
Sorry to diverge a little

My laptop has a processor of Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N340........actually its hp 250 g3

My question is.. Under which category does it fall..... Is it Pentuim 4??
Tried searching in Google.... I cnt really get an answer.......

Am. Wondering if there are computer gurus here dat can answer my question...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
SkydaDGreat:
Hello all, i just recently encountered a problem with my asus k43u laptop, i woke it up from hibernation yesterday, it came on, i put in my password, desktop displayed. It was looking fyn, then i went outside to pack my close outside, when i came back my laptop screen was completly black with a message like ''reboot and select proper boot media and press a key'' the message was multiple on the screen and its was blinking. I pressed one key and the blinking stopped. I pressed the power button and it immediatly shut down which was very unusal.
I started the laptop again, and it showed me on message after the asus logo to select the boot media, i think i selected one of them because they were two, on ended with ram, while the other had some numbers and letters as it name e.g st903145s66.
Then it showed the windows logo, after with a black screen came up, i waited for about 5 minutes or xo before i could eventually log in. And i when i logged in discovered the laptop was extremely slow, it takes minutes form programs to open, and even when they open they dont respond or just hang, at times the thing will just hang. I decide to scan with avast but the first messagae i got was that avast is noy running in background or xo and no endpoints or something like that. Please i want you all to help me solve this problem. Thank you.

I think your laptop was installed with a 2gb ram.

Do you have norton antivirus installed ?

Are you installing windows updates ?

Where did you placed the laptop, i.e. bed/desk ?

Have you serviced the laptop before, i.e. to clean the
fan and apply a fresh artic silver thermal paste so as to
help cool the cpu and other internal components ?

The average Nigeria temperature is between 28 and 42 degree
Celsius. Therefore, you need to clean the fan and apply a fresh thermal paste.
If you have a virus, I'd suggest to look for adetwin on this forum for further help

Last resort is to reformat the laptop, is entirely up to you.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by muchi4life: 1:22am On Jun 02, 2015
Hello pals, my hp laptop makes unusual noise while running and at times gets very hot. Pls what's the possible solution. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Muyadek(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Hello dude! I am having problem with hp compaq newly bought one. its explorer is automatically displaying and the second issue is that i was unable to browse on it. it does not browse at all upon connecting to the internet. my emails is muyadek@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
Pls house, those this laptop worth 50k? Used for some months.

HP Pavilion 15-D017CL 15.6" (750 GB, AMD A-Series, 2 GHz, 4 GB) Red Laptop

Display: 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)
Windows 8.1, WiFi, Webcam, HDMI, SuperMulti DVD burner
CPU: AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor 2.0GHz, Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics
Memory: 4GB DDR3L SDRAM, 750GB 5400RPM hard drive

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
muchi4life:
Hello pals, my hp laptop makes unusual noise while running and at times gets very hot. Pls what's the possible solution. Thanks
..change the heat sink(processor fan)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 5:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
Soyedele1:
Pls house, those this laptop worth 50k? Used for some months.

HP Pavilion 15-D017CL 15.6" (750 GB, AMD A-Series, 2 GHz, 4 GB) Red Laptop

Display: 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)
Windows 8.1, WiFi, Webcam, HDMI, SuperMulti DVD burner
CPU: AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor 2.0GHz, Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics
Memory: 4GB DDR3L SDRAM, 750GB 5400RPM hard drive

Thanks

Of course it worth it bro..Carry am come make i add 1k...
as the highest bidder. Just make sure all things works fine. you good
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
Muyadek:
Hello dude! I am having problem with hp compaq newly bought one. its explorer is automatically displaying and the second issue is that i was unable to browse on it. it does not browse at all upon connecting to the internet. my emails is muyadek@gmail.com

Endeavour to always give more details that would allow somebody to help out.

like Os you on
And thr browsing stuff ,What's ur means of connecting to the internet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
deji2009:

I think your laptop was installed with a 2gb ram.

Do you have norton antivirus installed ?

Are you installing windows updates ?

Where did you placed the laptop, i.e. bed/desk ?

Have you serviced the laptop before, i.e. to clean the
fan and apply a fresh artic silver thermal paste so as to
help cool the cpu and other internal components ?

The average Nigeria temperature is between 28 and 42 degree
Celsius. Therefore, you need to clean the fan and apply a fresh thermal paste.
If you have a virus, I'd suggest to look for adetwin on this forum for further help

Last resort is to reformat the laptop, is entirely up to you.
Bro thanks for the info, the laptop just came to its senses on its own. I try and give a clean up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by remirez07(m): 9:19am On Jun 03, 2015
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
please, I need ESET NOD 32 anti-virus activation code, any
body that have it should pls help ᵐᵉ out. God bless.
remirez07@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Keky(m): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2015
When the laptop (hp 635 notebook) is turned on, the screen remains completely black/blank and the cooling fan starts running at full speed. But the system wont boot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by biggmusty(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
Keky:
When the laptop (hp 635 notebook) is turned on, the screen remains completely black/blank and the cooling fan starts running at full speed. But the system wont boot.

Try nd clean ur ram nd fix it back

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
lordkratos:
how much to change my hp 2000 laptop cooling fan. im in abeokuta cc @adetwin

#4500 .... kindly check our signature for contacts
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
remirez07:
please, I need ESET NOD 32 anti-virus activation code, any
body that have it should pls help ᵐᵉ out. God bless.
remirez07@gmail.com

Send me a PM

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.