Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270033 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlexisM16: 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hello

I recently updated through "add features" on my windows 8 dell laptop, which was working fine prior to the update. After updating to 8.1 pro recently, during startup, it tells me to activate windows. When I tried activating online, it says I can't cos I have an "unlicensed product key"... All my microsoft office stopped working after the upgrade, saying I need to buy a product key in order to edit a document or to even type anything. All my office suite is locked until I get a genuine product key.

I've tried going online for solutions, but I haven't gotten any headway. How do I go about getting a licensed product key cos:

I can't personalize my pc
I can't used any microsoft office suite
I can't activate windows online also.

But everything was fine when I was using windows 8, now Windows 8.1 pro is giving me trouble. It says my current product key is not genuine or unlicensed anytime I try activating online or using MS office suite. And says I should see my product key on my windows DVD(the system didn't come with a windows DVD, it was just activated when it was bought, without trouble).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2015
AlexisM16:
Hello

I recently updated through "add features" on my windows 8 dell laptop, which was working fine prior to the update. After updating to 8.1 pro recently, during startup, it tells me to activate windows. When I tried activating online, it says I can't cos I have an "unlicensed product key"... All my microsoft office stopped working after the upgrade, saying I need to buy a product key in order to edit a document or to even type anything. All my office suite is locked until I get a genuine product key.

I've tried going online for solutions, but I haven't gotten any headway. How do I go about getting a licensed product key cos:

But everything was fine when I was using windows 8, now Windows 8.1 pro is giving me trouble. It says my current product key is not genuine or unlicensed anytime I try activating online or using MS office suite. And says I should see my product key on my windows DVD(the system didn't come with a windows DVD, it was just activated when it was bought, without trouble).

First things first, did you buy your laptop new? or used?

Did it come with windows 8 originally?

If it was upgraded with an in-genuine license and you upgraded to 8.1. then the update is basically doing it job.

How to get genuine license? you BUY.

If you cannot afford to buy, then download the crack to 8.1 to activate. (Just know you are breaking the law by doing this)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlexisM16: 9:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
lalaboi:

First things first, did you buy your laptop new? or used?

Did it come with windows 8 originally?

If it was upgraded with an in-genuine license and you upgraded to 8.1. then the update is basically doing it job.

How to get genuine license? you BUY.

If you cannot afford to buy, then download the crack to 8.1 to activate. (Just know you are breaking the law by doing this)

The laptop is new, Dell Inspiron 3542, came with Windows 8, I didn't see any DVD, it came pre-installed. It seems I activated with a product key I got on google, maybe that's why it says I use an unlicensed product key.

I can't get or buy a product key through microsoft because of my unlicensed product key(I don't know if you understand my issue like it appears on my laptop). It says I should get a genuine product key from a microsoft DVD.

Please, I've tried all means possible to google product keys for Microsoft 2013 on Windows 8.1, but all these while, none has worked.

If there's a link you can help me with, I'll be very glad to download from it. I need the product key badly.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
AlexisM16:

The laptop is new, Dell Inspiron 3542, came with Windows 8, I didn't see any DVD, it came pre-installed. It seems I activated with a product key I got on google, maybe that's why it says I use an unlicensed product key.
Option 1
If the laptop is new, it should have an OEM tag that has a License code on it. Usually at the bottom of the laptop. Stop trying keys online. You wont get any genuine by just googling.
If you see it, try that code, if it doesnt work, do option 2

Option 2
If the laptop is new, Do a system restore to take it back to windows . . .That's if it has a Recovery partition. Send through a picture of what your 'My Computer/ This PC' looks like.
If it has, follow this link for how to do system restore
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

If not, you might have to reinstall Windows and use the License tag at the bottom of the laptop.
it should look like one of this
http://www.productkey-code.com/photo/productkey-code/editor/20130906154540_45627.png

As long as you are sure that the laptop is BRAND NEW, you can always get your genuine microsoft windows back

I can't get or buy a product key through microsoft because of my unlicensed product key(I don't know if you understand my issue like it appears on my laptop). It says I should get a genuine product key from a microsoft DVD.
Product keys are unique. . if you dont use the one that comes with the laptop [OEM], then you will use a 'purchased' one.

Please, I've tried all means possible to google product keys for Microsoft 2013 on Windows 8.1, but all these while, none has worked.
Illegal. . Stop trying

If there's a link you can help me with, I'll be very glad to download from it. I need the product key badly.
Thanks.
Try the options above first.

PS: It will be nice to see screenshots/pictures

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
AlexisM16:
Hello

download teamviewer and call me on 08061679732 for all microsoft-related activation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tony1918(m): 5:41am On Nov 19, 2015
Hello please room ..I dont know what is wrong with my PC the google chrome just crashed and i try dowloading new one but it stops at downloading when installing ..Please help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2015
You need to purchase ORIGINAL products with their license keys...
Cheers.

AlexisM16:
Hello

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frisby: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2015
CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A SEASONED COMPUTER VILLAGE TECHNICIAN.

Anyone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:34am On Nov 19, 2015
litaninja:
You need to purchase ORIGINAL products with their license keys...
Cheers.

SOLVED!i already introduced her to bill gates himself....took just 45secs....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:40am On Nov 19, 2015
frisby:
CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A SEASONED COMPUTER VILLAGE TECHNICIAN.

Anyone
try folly...08034062983...he has been my tech and only for years.......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frisby: 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
sameolg616:

Thanks buddy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlexisM16: 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
sameolg616:

Yes, that's correct. Microsoft should hire you for a job well done.

The magic happened under a minute with TeamViewer.

Thanks very much @sameolg616, the sky is your starting point.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frisby: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
sameolg616:

Please what's his office address?
I've been trying to reach him but he's not answering his phone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Diseye29(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
pls help me i av downloaded bluestaks wen am running it in reachin d side to inicialize ,it will refuse to go d next process ,it will keep on inicializing oooooo,till die-kingdom-com ,what du u guys tink is d problm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
frisby:

Please what's his office address?
I've been trying to reach him but he's not answering his phone
I just called him too but his fine is ringing a well call his 2ic moruf on 08165520787
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
Diseye29:
pls help me i av downloaded bluestaks wen am running it in reachin d side to inicialize ,it will refuse to go d next process ,it will keep on inicializing oooooo,till die-kingdom-com ,what du u guys tink is d problm
Most of the downloads don't really work well.download it live on their website...that's the one that works well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by senny(f): 12:56am On Nov 20, 2015
I have a lenovo flex 2-14 notebook, the screen is damaged. need to know where i get it repaired
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lahify(m): 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
Please help my battery drains after two hours of use with high brightness and even low brightness. My system model is dell inspiron 3520
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
lahify:
Please help my battery drains after two hours of use with high brightness and even low brightness. My system model is dell inspiron 3520

Go buy an original Battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
senny:
I have a lenovo flex 2-14 notebook, the screen is damaged. need to know where i get it repaired

Contact the service center for quotes

http://www.lenovo.com/services-warranty/za/en/contact-africa-service-provider.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frisby: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
sameolg616:

I seem to have locked myself out of my laptop and can't recall my password.
It's running windows 8.
Any bright ideas?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iamvictor(m): 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
help! my flashdrive is corrupted with the shortcut virus please how I can I remove it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:08am On Nov 21, 2015
frisby:

It's running windows 8.
Any bright ideas?
if u reside in lagos,,,then its a done deal...
just provide proof of ownership...call me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:10am On Nov 21, 2015
lahify:
really wat more do u want after 2hrs?a 6ion lithium battery shdnt last more than that.....
use power mode techniques to make it longer eg....turn of display after x-mins or so
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 6:08am On Nov 21, 2015
Iamvictor:
help! my flashdrive is corrupted with the shortcut virus please how I can I remove it.
download smadav usb anti-virus, download it at smadav.net scan your flash drive with it and fix find a good anti-virus like malwarebytes scan your system with it, I think you should be fine
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HaroldFinch(m): 6:11am On Nov 21, 2015
Help please. i need an AMD motherboard for my HP pavilion g6 2100sia.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 6:20am On Nov 21, 2015
frisby:

It's running windows 8.
Any bright ideas?

If you can't remember the password or anyway around it then you need to reformat the system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MinorityTribe: 10:00am On Nov 21, 2015
Help! My 500GB external LG hard drive always prompt me to format it on all systems. What is the solution? I have important files there and the hard drive is almost completely full.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MinorityTribe: 10:10am On Nov 21, 2015
Oh shît! I just mistakenly clicked format, It formatted in seconds! I am dead! Any hope of recovering my files?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlexisM16: 10:37am On Nov 21, 2015
MinorityTribe:
Oh shît! I just mistakenly clicked format, It formatted in seconds! I am dead! Any hope of recovering my files?

I think Recuva should work. Download and install

www.downloadx64.com/recuva/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 11:36am On Nov 21, 2015
MinorityTribe:

First thing first!!!
Why dont you just make packup for your important files.
Then we can talk solution!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2015
Iamvictor:

Try this LINK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.