Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269324 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
Good day house. My windows 10 update screen has been like this for over a week now. It doesn't go past the 76%. And i have always had internet access. What could be the problem?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
chucksbadt:
Good day house. My windows 10 update screen has been like this for over a week now. It doesn't go past the 76%. And i have always had internet access. What could be the problem?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3107273_screenshot4_png4d2a82a67661cacbb6ad521fca1a299e

1) Press Windows Key + R to open 'Run' dialog.

2) Type or copy and paste cleanmgr and click on 'OK' to continue.

3) Select all the small boxes in the 'Disk Cleanup' dialog and click on ' clean up system files'.

4) Next, click on 'Ok' and ' Delete files' to remove files, folders and history.

5) Restart your system and start checking for Windows Update again.

6) If you are still having the same problem follow this LINK. Use it to troubleshoot your update.

7) After that and you are still experiencing the same problem. Open your command prompt as Administrator.

8.) Type or copy and past sfc /scannow and press ENTER key. wait for the system to fix issue.

9) Restart your system for changes to take effect. Go to your Windows Settings and check for update.

Report back for more information.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hormor14(m): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
Help my hp 620 wifi no longer works the driver is missing from device manager and for switch is not working..i upgraded my pc to window 8 and 64bit but the problem still persist...how can I get my wifi working again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megn(f): 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
My PC is running so slow and its just 6 months old. What do I do pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hormor14:
Help my hp 620 wifi no longer works the driver is missing from device manager and for switch is not working..i upgraded my pc to window 8 and 64bit but the problem still persist...how can I get my wifi working again

1)Press Windows Key+ R to open 'Run'

2)Type or copy and paste devmgmt.msc into 'Run' and click on 'OK' to continue.

3) Expand the Network adapters and look for your WiFi and right-click on it select 'Properties'.

4) Look for 'Detail' and click on the drop-down menu and select 'Hardware ids'. click on it and copy the strings there.

5) Paste it here for us to know the driver compatible with your hardware identification for the right driver. Close the dialog.

6) Right-click on all the networks one by one and delete everything - from expanded 'Network adapters' at the device management.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
megn:

1) Download Malwarebyte and scan your system --> HERE

2) Double-click on the downloaded installer file and follow onscreen instruction to install it.

3) Click on fix to update it and next, click on scan and wait for it to scan for malware.

4) Delete all detected issues and restart your system.

5) Press Windows Key + R to open 'Run'.

6) Type or copy and paste msconfig into 'Run' and click on 'OK' to continue.

7) Click on 'Services' tab and select the little box close to 'Hide all Microsoft services' and click on 'Disable all'. Next look for 'Windows defender' and select the box close to it.

8.) Click on 'Startup' tab and 'open task manager' link and click on each file and click on disable below.

9) Restart your system.

Report back for more informatiom.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megn(f): 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
Thanx.
all4naija:

2) Double-click on the downloaded installer file and follow onscreen instruction to install it.

3) Click on fix to update it and next, click on scan and wait for it to scan for malware.

7) Click on 'Services' tab and select the little box close to 'Hide all Microsoft services' and click on 'Disable all'. Next look for 'Windows defender' and select the box close to it.

8.) Click on 'Startup' tab and 'open task manager' link and click on each file and click on disable below.

9) Restart your system.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hormor14(m): 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
all4naija:

1)Press Windows Key+ R to open 'Run'

2)Type or copy and paste devmgmt.msc into 'Run' and click on 'OK' to continue.

3) Expand the Network adapters and look for your WiFi and right-click on it select 'Properties'.

4) Look for 'Detail' and click on the drop-down menu and select 'Hardware ids'. click on it and copy the strings there.

5) Paste it here for us to know the driver compatible with your hardware identification for the right driver. Close the dialog.

6) Right-click on all the networks one by one and delete everything - from expanded 'Network adapters' at the device management.
That the problem there is no wifi driver in the adaptor...There are onlr "realtek pcle fe family controller" and the driver I download from hp website show a yellw triangle i.e it I not properly install..... but when I check where you said I should I saw "root\kdnic" so what next...thanks for the swift response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hormor14:
That the problem there is no wifi driver in the adaptor...There are onlr "realtek pcle fe family controller" and the driver I download from hp website show a yellw triangle i.e it I not properly install..... but when I check where you said I should I saw "root\kdnic" so what next...thanks for the swift response

Pay attention. The realtek PCI is possibly for the ethernet.

1) Look for the network control and right-click on it. Click on 'Properties' and click on' Detail'. Next, click on the drop-down menu and select 'Hardware ids' and copy the string beneath and paste it here for me.

Can you post the image of your device management here?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
all4naija:

1) Press Windows Key + R to open 'Run' dialog.

2) Type or copy and paste cleanmgr and click on 'OK' to continue.

3) Select all the small boxes in the 'Disk Cleanup' dialog and click on ' clean up system files'.

4) Next, click on 'Ok' and ' Delete files' to remove files, folders and history.

5) Restart your system and start checking for Windows Update again.

6) If you are still having the same problem follow this LINK. Use it to troubleshoot your update.

7) After that and you are still experiencing the same problem. Open your command prompt as Administrator.

8.) Type or copy and past sfc /scannow and press ENTER key. wait for the system to fix issue.

9) Restart your system for changes to take effect. Go to your Windows Settings and check for update.

Report back for more information.

thanks bro.....it worked

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
chucksbadt:

thanks bro.....it worked
You are welcome, bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hormor14(m): 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
Now my wifi is coming on as wifi 2 but it is still not connecting to hotspot

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by octacore(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
My HP 250 G3 gets very hot under after using it for few minutes.. What might be the cause? The system isn't up to a month old
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
chucksbadt:
its very normal in windows 10..mine was like that for a long time till i removed auto update...windows 10 uses a wifi/metered connection type..so it downloads it cummulatively when the connection is present....ie 76% means the current status level
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
megn:
there are many factors responsible for these starting with ram,invalid entries,antivirus(avast)......so its hard to diagnose properly from within this forum...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hormor14:
Now my wifi is coming on as wifi 2 but it is still not connecting to hotspot

1) Right-click on the WiFi network at the device management and click on 'uninstall' to remove it and restart your system.
. Please, do not check the little box close to uninstall. If you are still having the problem move to the next step.

2) Press Windows Key + R to open 'Run'.

3) Type or copy and paste services.msc into 'Run' and click 'OK'.

4) Look for 'Network Setup Service', right-click on it and click on 'Start'.

5) If those didn't work you can visit this link ---> HERE (important)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
octacore:
My HP 250 G3 gets very hot under after using it for few minutes.. What might be the cause? The system isn't up to a month old
Take it to the tech to clean it up. It's possibly dusty and tell them to apply thermal compound to the processor.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by octacore(m): 12:30am On Nov 24, 2015
But I just got d system not quite long, brand new..
all4naija:

Take it to the tech to clean it up. It's possibly dusty and tell them to apply thermal compound to the processor.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 24, 2015
octacore:
But I just got d system not quite long, brand new..
Take it back if it still has a warrant for replacement!

It doesn't matter! The thermal paste has already solidified to the point it is preventing the heatsink to dissipate heat. As long as you aren't running memory consuming software or applications.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brytandre(m): 11:44am On Nov 24, 2015
i want to share my office LAN network with other devices but my desktop does not have a WIFI adapter in it, how can i set it up and is there a software i can install in the system to that effect. it's an HP compaq monitor....thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whytepawn1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hello gurus in the house greetings to you all.
my hp Compaq CQ 65 doesn't seem to be faring well.when ever I start browsing and proceed to download a file or watch videos online or even start Facebook video chat, the browser just crashes and shows something like low system memory or something like that sha. I also tried monitoring the performance using task manager and most times when browsing the CPU usage gets to 100% .I would be glad if anyone can help me.. the ram is 3 gig... Though I added one gig to get it to that level. and the system is not that new. an advice will really help cos the whole thing is just pissing me off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Frezhkid10(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
I just turned on my system these morning and I got a message from the system dat a cooling fan is not working correctly....pls how do I go about these problem....or how much will it cost to change the fan...is it advisable to use the system like that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HyDef(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Frezhkid10:
I just turned on my system these morning and I got a message from the system dat a cooling fan is not working correctly....pls how do I go about these problem....or how much will it cost to change the fan...is it advisable to use the system like that?

Not sure how much a fan would cost.. If it's a common laptop model like a HP, it should probably be like 3k at most.

Don't use it like that. Please wait till you get it fixed. Could cause damage to your CPU and mobo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
whytepawn1:
Hello gurus in the house greetings to you all.
my hp Compaq CQ 65 doesn't seem to be faring well.when ever I start browsing and proceed to download a file or watch videos online or even start Facebook video chat, the browser just crashes and shows something like low system memory or something like that sha. I also tried monitoring the performance using task manager and most times when browsing the CPU usage gets to 100% .I would be glad if anyone can help me.. the ram is 3 gig... Though I added one gig to get it to that level. and the system is not that new. an advice will really help cos the whole thing is just pissing me off.

megn:

9) Restart your system.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whytepawn1(m): 6:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
all4naija:

9) Restart your system.

malware byte refused to scan my system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
whytepawn1:

malware byte refused to scan my system.
What is the error message?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whytepawn1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
all4naija:

What is the error message?
it doesn't show any error message... it won't just start up.
I had to go to the file folder to start the chameleon... but after running for some time, it tells me that the scan could not be started.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
whytepawn1:

it doesn't show any error message... it won't just start up.
I had to go to the file folder to start the chameleon... but after running for some time, it tells me that the scan could not be started.

1) Did it install completely before?

2) Uninstall it and re-download the file.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whytepawn1(m): 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
all4naija:

1) Did it install completely before?
2) Uninstall it and re-download the file.
I have done that severally, but still the same result
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
whytepawn1:

I have done that severally, but still the same result
Can you tell me more about your system?

1) What is your system specifications (including the Windows operating system)?

3) Type or copy and paste msconfig into 'Run' and click on 'OK' to continue.

4) Click on 'Services' tab and select the little box close to 'Hide all Microsoft services' and click on 'Disable all'. Next look for 'Windows defender' and select the box close to it.

5) Click on 'Startup' tab and 'open task manager' link and click on each file and click on disable below.

6) Restart your system.

7) Uninstall the malwarebytes and download it from HERE. It is like the file you used is corrupted

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whytepawn1(m): 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
all4naija:

Can you tell me more about your system?

1) What is your system specifications (including the Windows operating system)?

3) Type or copy and paste msconfig into 'Run' and click on 'OK' to continue.

4) Click on 'Services' tab and select the little box close to 'Hide all Microsoft services' and click on 'Disable all'. Next look for 'Windows defender' and select the box close to it.

5) Click on 'Startup' tab and 'open task manager' link and click on each file and click on disable below.

6) Restart your system.

7) Uninstall the malwarebytes and download it from HERE. It is like the file you used is corrupted

the system is running on windows 7 ultimate... Though by default it was windows vista originally.
it has 2 gig of ram but I upgraded it to 3 gig.
dual core Pentium. 2.15ghz processor.

my main concern is the fact that just a little download or online video or Facebook video chat and the browser will just crash. telling me that the memory is low
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
whytepawn1:

the system is running on windows 7 ultimate... Though by default it was windows vista originally.
it has 2 gig of ram but I upgraded it to 3 gig.
dual core Pentium. 2.15ghz processor.

my main concern is the fact that just a little download or online video or Facebook video chat and the browser will just crash. telling me that the memory is low
Okay. No problem. Did you follow my previous instruction properly?

There is a malware on your system and we must have to remove it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.