Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268942 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 21, 2015
HaroldFinch:
Help please. i need an AMD motherboard for my HP pavilion g6 2100sia.
You can get one from Ebay or Alibaba easily.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
HP 2133 MINI NOTE BLINKS and When I try to put it off (by holding down the power button) I see a bright flash before it goes off.

Here is what I tried:
I heated the GPU (VIA) and when I reassembled the system, the laptop turned on and showed HP logo. below where options I could select - I selected the "recovery" option but it brought a blank screen with a blinking cursor.
At this point, I was forced to turn it off by holding down the power button. after a while, I turned it on but the blinking screen problem wasn't solved...
- what do you think I cab so st this stage?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donlexph8(m): 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
please, my Pc keeps going blank and wen it does, today it myt be color blue nd tomoro red, next wyt. diff colors at diff. intervals. m using windows eight. plz plz plz. wat can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crixtech: 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
donlexph8:
please, my Pc keeps going blank and wen it does, today it myt be color blue nd tomoro red, next wyt. diff colors at diff. intervals. m using windows eight. plz plz plz. wat can I do
your lcd display could be faulty..this is where a technician comes in
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NAIRAMIND: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
My laptop refused to power on but once you plug in to charge and you press the on botton the system comes up,and the battery at the moment stood at 60%.
But once the charger is removed from the power supply,the system will go off and will refuse to On,unless you plug in the charger to a power source before it will be on.

Before I thought I was the battery but I tried it with a battery from another working system of same HP model but the problem still remain the same.

Please what's the solution ??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
MinorityTribe:
Help! My 500GB external LG hard drive always prompt me to format it on all systems. What is the solution? I have important files there and the hard drive is almost completely full.
Call me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Diseye29(m): 9:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
sameolg616@ thanks it is now working fine
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
Diseye29:
sameolg616@ thanks it is now working fine
ur welcome,trade secrets
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pellycute(f): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hello,i really need ur help..vlc version 2.2.1 slashes d movie into 3 different places on my laptop..as in play d movie in three places,more lyk sharing something into three different parts..pls,help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iamvictor(m): 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
horrpeyemi:
download smadav usb anti-virus, download it at smadav.net scan your flash drive with it and fix find a good anti-virus like malwarebytes scan your system with it, I think you should be fine
Thank you and God bless

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 22, 2015
please my computer has refuse to open face book and always ask to secure connection
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 22, 2015
Please gurus in the house, I tried dual booting my laptop that was running windows10 with android 5.1 bootable iso but somehow my system crashed. And since then I have been trying to install Windows but it keeps giving me error saying windows can not find required files to complete the installation. Don't know what to do, called the person whom I bought the laptop from and he said it's RAM issues..I almost believed that, but I tried using the same bootable iso on a working laptop and it shows the same error.( I have used different versions of Windows but I used them on the same flash drive) could the problem be from the flash drive that I am using? Please I need your advice, I am going crazy. Thanks in anticipation. The laptop is a Hp elitebook 8740w
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:53am On Nov 22, 2015
jaysleem:
Please gurus in the house, I tried dual booting my laptop that was running windows10 with android 5.1 bootable iso but somehow my system crashed. And since then I have been trying to install Windows but it keeps giving me error saying windows can not find required files to complete the installation. Don't know what to do, called the person whom I bought the laptop from and he said it's RAM issues..I almost believed that, but I tried using the same bootable iso on a working laptop and it shows the same error.( I have used different versions of Windows but I used them on the same flash drive) could the problem be from the flash drive that I am using? Please I need your advice, I am going crazy. Thanks in anticipation. The laptop is a Hp elitebook 8740w
If u know this much dual booting,installing then why are u still here?u DIY guys are a handful.here are tips needed for ur continued mission to space:
Ur boot loader /BCd is corrupt.find a way to repair it or reformat it.goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 22, 2015
sameolg616:

If u know this much dual booting,installing then why are u still here?u DIY guys are a handful.here are tips needed for ur continued mission to space:
Ur boot loader /BCd is corrupt.find a way to repair it or reformat it.goodluck

Yeah, I know few things about pc and dual booting. This problem from my research online isn't peculiar to dual booting or corrupt boot loader. I have tried the same installation on a working pc and it still fails and pops the same error. That's why I need advice from more experienced people in the field. I know a few things but I still do not know it all and I am always open to advice and suggestions. Thanks bro for your suggestions, I appreciate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nonsovich(m): 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
Pls my ogas , I have a hp mini that whenever I try to play high definition movies like 1GB and above , the vlc media player hangs. Pls is there any solution to this or there another media player which I can install that can play the HD movies efficiently?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
NAIRAMIND:
My laptop refused to power on but once you plug in to charge and you press the on botton the system comes up,and the battery at the moment stood at 60%.
But once the charger is removed from the power supply,the system will go off and will refuse to On,unless you plug in the charger to a power source before it will be on.

Before I thought I was the battery but I tried it with a battery from another working system of same HP model but the problem still remain the same.

Please what's the solution ??
Tell your tech to check the connector for problems and the motherboard could as well be faulty.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
nonsovich:
Pls my ogas , I have a hp mini that whenever I try to play high definition movies like 1GB and above , the vlc media player hangs. Pls is there any solution to this or there another media player which I can install that can play the HD movies efficiently?
What is your screen resolution? If the HD you are playing is higher than your screen resolution it might be the cause of the problem. Tell us about your system specifications and the HD movie you are trying to watch?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2015
jaysleem:
What is your system specifications? Is it a UEFI ? Download Rufus and use it to create a bootable USB for the installation. But, you have to provide information about the questions first.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nonsovich(m): 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2015
all4naija:

What is your screen resolution? If the HD you are playing is higher than your screen resolution it might be the cause of the problem. Tell us about your system specifications and the HD movie you are trying to watch?
The system is a 32 bit os and 2gb ram..hp mini 110..the movie is an mkv file of 1.1GB, if the vlc cannot work , could you suggest another media player?don't really know much bout the screen resolutn
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
JOELONYEMA:
please my computer has refuse to open face book and always ask to secure connection

1) Check you system time and date if they are correct. If not correct them

2) Clear the cache and history of the browser you are going to your browser setting and reset it.

3) Clear your system disk of temporary files and folders, update history,etc.

a) Press Windows Key + R to open 'Run'.

b) Type or copy and paste cleanmgr into 'Run' and click on 'OK' to continue.

c) Select all the little box in the 'Disk Cleanup' and click on ' Clean up system files'.

d) In the next dialog click on 'OK' and 'delete on the next one to remove
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
nonsovich:

The system is a 32 bit os and 2gb ram..hp mini 110..the movie is an mkv file of 1.1GB, if the vlc cannot work , could you suggest another media player?don't really know much bout the screen resolutn
What is the MVK(Blu Ray file) resolution? If it is higher than 1080 it will crash in a system with 2 GB RAM and low GPU size like your. I think the problem is with the movie. You should convert it to a low resolution.

However, you can try 5KPlayer ---> LINK
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nonsovich(m): 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
all4naija:

What is the MVK(Blu Ray file) resolution? If it is higher than 1080 it will crash in a system with 2 GB RAM and low GPU size like your. I think the problem is with the movie. You should convert it to a low resolution.

However, you can try 5KPlayer ---> LINK

Thanks so much for your prompt response, how do I convert the movie to a lower resolution?..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
nonsovich:

Thanks so much for your prompt response, how do I convert the movie to a lower resolution?..
With a system like your it is going to take over some hours to converter 1.1 GB video file. Download any video converter free online and convert it to mp4 video. You can download the any video converter ---> HERE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
jaysleem:

Yeah, I know few things about pc and dual booting. This problem from my research online isn't peculiar to dual booting or corrupt boot loader. I have tried the same installation on a working pc and it still fails and pops the same error. That's why I need advice from more experienced people in the field. I know a few things but I still do not know it all and I am always open to advice and suggestions. Thanks bro for your suggestions, I appreciate.
on a second thot....i would give u the support u need...i think i know what may have happened...probably a problem i faced 2months ago....u have accidentally modded the iso from installing it from a usb 3.0 port(usb port with blue color)
or
"failure of Windows installer to remain its detection to the USB drive"
...if im correct....the error is "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. "
This problem happens to all new version of updated Windows installer.....
solution 1:
When Windows is asking for driver, just click Cancel. You will be brought back to the welcome screen. At the welcome screen, remove your USB drive, insert it back to DIFFERENT USB PORT. Click Install Now again. The installation process will be like usual.
solution 2:
disregard all the installation files u currently have and find an old iso(u havent used on the syetm ur currently working on....i imaged an working usb installer and thats what i still use till date..
solution 3:
use an installer cd...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
sameolg616:

on a second thot....i would give u the support u need...i think i know what may have happened...probably a problem i faced 2months ago....u have accidentally modded the iso from installing it from a usb 3.0 port(usb port with blue color)
or
"failure of Windows installer to remain its detection to the USB drive"
...if im correct....the error is "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. "
This problem happens to all new version of updated Windows installer.....
solution 1:
When Windows is asking for driver, just click Cancel. You will be brought back to the welcome screen. At the welcome screen, remove your USB drive, insert it back to DIFFERENT USB PORT. Click Install Now again. The installation process will be like usual.
solution 2:
disregard all the installation files u currently have and find an old iso(u havent used on the syetm ur currently working on....i imaged an working usb installer and thats what i still use till date..
solution 3:
use an installer cd...

Thanks boss for your support. I have been able to get the system running. The problem was actually with the flash drive. Got an installation Cd and all went well. Thanks once again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
all4naija:

Thanks bro. I have fixed the problem. The fault was from a defective flash drive. Thanks for your time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
jaysleem:

Thanks bro. I have fixed the problem. The fault was from a defective flash drive. Thanks for your time.
Okay! You are welcome! It means the MKV file is not of a higher resolution. You pointed out it used to happen to MKV files only.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LamiHandsome(m): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
Good Evening, Gurus. First, the system is "DELL inspiron 17r 7720". I have a problem with the laptop's charging. When I hover the pointer to the power icon, it says "No Battery is detected". I have followed a couple of techniques but the "red x" on the power Icon still shows. But I observed something, whenever I put the system on, it shows: "The AC power adapter type cannot be determined, your system will operate slower and the battery will not charge. The problem can be solved by; "Ensure the plug is inserted for the best system operation" + "Connect a Dell 130W AC adapter or higher" but the adapter functions still, cos it works even when the battery is removed. What is the problem with the laptop? Please help. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nonsovich(m): 3:13am On Nov 23, 2015
Hello gurus, I tried using my modem on my system but it refused to connect even when displaying the network signal bars..what could be the possible problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by frisby: 7:49am On Nov 23, 2015
sameolg616:

if u reside in lagos,,,then its a done deal...
just provide proof of ownership...call me on 08061679732

THANKS A TON MY MAN.

Hey guys if you're stumped by any software-related issue I highly recommend samolg616
This dude is a genius I tell you.
And not just that, he has a good heart too!
Spent hours last night remotely fixing my latop issues.

It's good to know there are still Nigerians who Love what they do, and are crazy good at it too!
You rock buddy!! cool

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlexisM16: 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
frisby:

THANKS A TON MY MAN.

Hey guys if you're stumped by any software-related issue I highly recommend samolg616
This dude is a genius I tell you.
And not just that, he has a good heart too!
Spent hours last night remotely fixing my latop issues.

It's good to know there are still Nigerians who Love what they do, and are crazy good at it too!
You rock buddy!! cool

I can testify of his good works! He is a mind-blowing genius! Bill Gates is really missing a tech guru.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 12:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
nonsovich:
Hello gurus, I tried using my modem on my system but it refused to connect even when displaying the network signal bars..what could be the possible problem?
One, there may be no credit, Two the modem stick may be faulty. Use another modem to confirm

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.