Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263557 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
guys can if i remove hard drive frm windows 10 and put in system dat was windows 7

(1) will it boot ?

(2) if it boot which windows will it use 7 or 10 ?

(3) hope ah wont lose files on both

cos i my Dell system windows 10 has screen problem so i need 3 fone stock rom frm dat hard drive
and i dnt have de adapter use as external drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Milo96(m): 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
sameolg616:

u either have invalid entries in ur registry;probably an application was not properly installed or uninstalled
or
just a hard incompactibility issue
those are some of the issue mainly responsible for a BSOD(blue screen of death(
So what's the way forward bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
peteregwu:
Pls computer engineers, my acer laptop screen is always turning blank sometimes each time I turn it on. Sometimes it is normal and shows bit sometimes it turns blank again and gives me just lines without showing anything. What do I do and if I am to change the screen, how much will I be charged?

Whatsupp me for more discusion 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Samfilo31:
guys can if i remove hard drive frm windows 10 and put in system dat was windows 7

(1) will it boot ?

cos i my Dell system windows 10 has screen problem so i need 3 fone stock rom frm dat hard drive

You can format it by without delete any partition
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
ayooladee:

ahhh
I just hate stress even ask this Windows 8:1 I reverted back I tried to activate the key,it bring something like error and some sought of code secondly, it showing 8gb ram (2:43usable).
very weird creature

your location??
im in lagos..but pls call me n my no 08061679732 for quick response..not to worry,all those problems u complain of wld go away permanently..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
Milo96:

So what's the way forward bro
u need a registry cleaner(a paid one) and not all those free ones to remove all the invalid entries..
ccleaner is free but i have never used it before...i use uniblue registry booster
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
Samfilo31:

(1) will it boot ?

quite confusing but it simply cant and wont boot...
get ur files out without formatting or transferring hard drives
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MIcdej(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
Dermie:

Yes, there is. Get a USB Hard Drive Enclosure (SATA/ IDE).

Note: Always remember to power off your PC and unplug power cord before touching internal components

OK. thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Psalmueldo(m): 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
Psalmueldo:

It meets all the games requirements & has been working well before. Infact, i have been playing some of those games for months without any hiccups. This hibernation thing only started when the fan wasn't working, giving me the impression that it was because of the fan. But even after fixing the fan, none of the games survive 2 minutes of action.
pls, i'm waiting for your thoughts
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bhybhar(m): 2:23am On Jul 18, 2016
tirtimy:

ok, if you are using a desktop, you could purchase an external graphics card, but if you are using a laptop, you have to do it from th bios setup by giving part of your RAM To it.

But i cant find any option like that in the setup
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yinkeys(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2016
conyema12:
Hi guys.

Pls how do I configure windows XP to run in my windows 10. Cos i need to run crack version of Petrel and Techlog in them.
Thankx guys
please how can i get techlog and tutorials
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RealAdewole(m): 8:12am On Jul 18, 2016
zyzxx:
connect ur system with internet it will activate automatically if ur window is geniue
it is after i connect it with internet that mine showed up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlingnuel(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2016
I was updating windows this morning and the PC froze @ 45%. Few seconds later, a blue screen surfaced with an inscription of "WATCHDOG VIOLATION blah blah blah". After restarting, I went back to continue the updates, some of the updates returned error reports, while a few updated successfully. A few restarts and retrials still couldn't resolve the error. How do I resolve this windows update error and this WATCHDOG nightmare? A screenshot of the error screen is attached.

Attn: Gurus in the house

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fasa199(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2016
sameolg616:

DIY pples<<<u need to specify your memory details as in ram size
2...you may have bigger files running on startup thus consuming the memory
3..your antivirus may also be responsible for the "sluggishness"...esp wen its avast or those chunky sized AV..
4...as for your sound driver..pls always let the pros do their work...some drivers may have to be done manually or made compactible to work cuz the manufacturers have not released an update for ur os(a major problem with win 10)..so it takes a lot of experience and tech know how to know what wld work

its an empty laptop with no application
4gig ram 320 hard disk
windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bolasunkanmi: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
Pls I have football manager 14 but it's not working on my system but works on previous systems I used Pls help a brother......I really miss d game
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
sameolg616:

quite confusing but it simply cant and wont boot...
get ur files out without formatting or transferring hard drives
thou ah don download de files again
bt ah need to knw hw to copy out dose files on dat hard drive please undecided cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yhungboss: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
Help pls, my computer is booting but the screen is not bringing out anything, the screen is black and it booting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Odgfidelity(m): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
Help me please!
Though the laptop with me is getting old, I do not have cash to get a new one now.
The problem with it is that after booting, the backlight suddenly goes off, and if I lock the screen and I open it back, it can turn on for few seconds before going off again. Sometimes, when I put it on, the backlight will never come up, but every other thing is working properly. So, I normally place a torch on the screen to view whatever is being displayed. What is the solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
RealAdewole:
it is after i connect it with internet that mine showed up
then your window is not genuine sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
Odgfidelity:
Help me please!
Though the laptop with me is getting old, I do not have cash to get a new one now.
The problem with it is that after booting, the backlight suddenly goes off, and if I lock the screen and I open it back, it can turn on for few seconds before going off again. Sometimes, when I put it on, the backlight will never come up, but every other thing is working properly. So, I normally place a torch on the screen to view whatever is being displayed. What is the solution?
it between two things since it an old laptop
Either the module or the screen back light has burn
Normally it use to be the screen
If it the module , it cheap and scares
And the screen may cost small but not to scares has module
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2016
yhungboss:
Help pls, my computer is booting but the screen is not bringing out anything, the screen is black and it booting
it either your screen is bad or the flex
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
bolasunkanmi:
Pls I have football manager 14 but it's not working on my system but works on previous systems I used Pls help a brother......I really miss d game
are u sure you installed the VGA of your system ? And those it meet the requirements.?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 6:54am On Jul 19, 2016
OK...am so pissed right now,was using my lappy lastnite,i noticed a very annoying vibrating noise coming from the hard disk area,it was so annoying i almost smashed the system on the floor ,the noise so loud u can hear it and can also feel the vibrating sensation while holding the lappy......so guys please tell me whats wrong before i vex break the lappy i mean it o....do i need to change the hard disk or what?
thanks guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pokka5(m): 8:23am On Jul 19, 2016
please how much can I get HP MOTHER BOARD FOR MODEL : 15-200nia
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 19, 2016
Hello, eggheads here. It appears I have a doss attack on my IP. About four days, while browsing on a freelance site a user threatened to doss my IP. I didn't take the threat seriously. Two days after that, I noticed I couldn't browse at all. And the condition persists up till now.
Please, how do I rectify this? Thanks.

P.S.: I use Windows 8.1.
Cc: cbrass
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RealAdewole(m): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2016
zyzxx:
then your window is not genuine sir
bought the system new. It didn't show windows is nt genuine
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Godfather898989: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
my zinox is refusing to start windows
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
undecided can anyone tell me how i can place my signature so that it can appear only on a section in nairaland?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2016
Godfather898989:
my zinox is refusing to start windows
you need to give more details... Did you see error message while booting or is it stuck at starting windows?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yinkarh187(m): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
pls I just boot my hp250 today and found out it's no more charging.. it's on 37% since morning. pls it's there anything I can do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bolasunkanmi: 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
zyzxx:
are u sure you installed the VGA of your system ? And those it meet the requirements.?
can u explain d requirements pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Odgfidelity(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
zyzxx:
it between two things since it an old laptop Either the module or the screen back light has burn Normally it use to be the screen If it the module , it cheap and scares And the screen may cost small but not to scares has module
Thanks so much, it shall be examined by a technician for repair

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.