Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268405 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by focuso1(m): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
bashiruhammed97:
please help me out/ acer mini laptop does not power on at all. no indicator light on. have tried al my best yet stil not turn on.

it could be the motherboard problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mercykayy(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
horllamy:

are you sure is connected very well? if not check the flex and re click it.... if its not working u will av to replaced it den..
Thanks for the reply. I checked the flex and its well connected. do you know how to switch on the WiFi without using the keyboard. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by focuso1(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
Mercykayy:

Thanks for the reply. I checked the flex and its well connected. do you know how to switch on the WiFi without using the keyboard. thanks

you have to change the keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sygwiwa(m): 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
Pls my laptop hp keyboard shortcuts doesn't work at all pls nd ur help cry cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:52am On Sep 18, 2016
sygwiwa:
Pls my laptop hp keyboard shortcuts doesn't work at all pls nd ur help cry cry cry
By this I guess some keys are working and some are not. Restart your computer and observe if any changes. If problem persists, Take out battery and unplug charger. loose out the keyboard (do this only if you know how to) and observe if keyboard flex is damaged or worn out especially at the flex contact point with the board.
if not replace the keyboard and turn on your laptop.
This should work 90% of the time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nurain150(m): 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
my shift key is misbehaving on toshiba sattelite
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by focuso1(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
nurain150:
my shift key is misbehaving on toshiba sattelite

if you know how to remove the keyboard,remove it and service it,if the problem persist you. Have to change the keyboard.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olarewajub: 3:23am On Sep 19, 2016
Hey Everyone!

I'm on Windows 10 and my defender has been indicating virus on my PC but i kept on postponing the running of full scan because of lack of electricity at my end. Symptoms include ;

PC become very slow to boot up and also Loading of programs. I think i lost some files. Sometimes some keys do not respond which i get resolved by restarting .

The problem not is whenever i switch on my PC, I'm unable to type in my password (all keyboard buttons are working perfectly well). So i'm stuck at log in.

What should I do and is it my PC has crashed?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:48am On Sep 19, 2016
Olarewajub:
Hey Everyone!

I'm on Windows 10 and my defender has been indicating virus on my PC but i kept on postponing the running of full scan because of lack of electricity at my end. Symptoms include ;

PC become very slow to boot up and also Loading of programs. I think i lost some files. Sometimes some keys do not respond which i get resolved by restarting .

The problem not is whenever i switch on my PC, I'm unable to type in my password (all keyboard buttons are working perfectly well). So i'm stuck at log in.

What should I do and is it my PC has crashed?
what reply do you get when you input your password?
is it password incorrect? or logon failed?
Your best solution is likely by using a third-party software to clear the password. Then back up all your files in an external HDD. Format your system HDD and reload with a new OS. Then install and activate antivirus in your new OS. Then scan your files and documents before bringing them back into your system. If you need someone to help you do this . Chat me up on mobile.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olarewajub: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2016
sotall:

what reply do you get when you input your password?
is it password incorrect? or logon failed?
Your best solution is likely by using a third-party software to clear the password. Then back up all your files in an external HDD. Format your system HDD and reload with a new OS. Then install and activate antivirus in your new OS. Then scan your files and documents before bringing them back into your system. If you need someone to help you do this . Chat me up on mobile.

The keyboard does not function when i try to input my pass word, so it now as if the keyboards ain't functioning again but i can assure you they keyboard are okay. I'm just stuck at the sign in page.
For antivirus, i already have Windows defender.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2016
Olarewajub:

The keyboard does not function when i try to input my pass word, so it now as if the keyboards ain't functioning again but i can assure you they keyboard are okay. I'm just stuck at the sign in page.
For antivirus, i already have Windows defender.

Then plug in an external keyboard before you turn on the computer . That should work. You can also try using the on-screen board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by africanman85: 10:57am On Sep 19, 2016
I install a jar file but when I click it to install it, nothing happens. My system is window 8. The file I downloaded is article buddy pro. I need help to install and run this software. I have java installed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 11:38am On Sep 19, 2016
africanman85:
I install a jar file but when I click it to install it, nothing happens. My system is window 8. The file I downloaded is article buddy pro. I need help to install and run this software. I have java installed.

Have you paid for this software and downloaded it from the creators site or have you gone and Googled for a crack version and end up downloading a virus masked as this software?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by africanman85: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Have you paid for this software and downloaded it from the creators site or have you gone and Googled for a crack version and end up downloading a virus masked as this software?
grin
airsaylongcon:

I got it from a whatsapp group and d guy that dropped it has not been coming online.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chukabiz(m): 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
sameolg616:

if you have deleted the recovery partition then you can no longer have the system image except u imaged it externally to another device..
the only difference between me formatting/reloading your system and your system image is the system image instructions have been pre-defined in a batch file and its automated and u dont even need to start downloading or looking for its drivers after formatting it..
but in the end,we would still get the same desired results..
nowadays,i tink i can beat the time taken to restore the system by a few minutes using my driverpack and even save u more space on ur hard drive grin grin grin grin grin grin

please sir, how can i get it back or what should i do please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emykray(m): 4:53am On Sep 20, 2016
Pls my bro's laptop has some screen issues like when I power up d laptop if u use a torch light or a phone with one u'll kinda see d logo name (I.e Lenovo) but d normal backlight is not working ,but d screen is perfectly Ok...any solution 2 it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:30am On Sep 20, 2016
Emykray:
Pls my bro's laptop has some screen issues like when I power up d laptop if u use a torch light or a phone with one u'll kinda see d logo name (I.e Lenovo) but d normal backlight is not working ,but d screen is perfectly Ok...any solution 2 it

1. It maybe the screen backlight or
2. backlight IC from the motherboard u will have to work on the board
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tgmservice: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2016
PLEASE HELP
The company where i work have a dell desktop 780 optiplex on xp recently the computer keeps rebooting on the windows xp loading screen then i formatted to windows 7 now it randomly shuts down after some hours of usage. But the funny thing is that it doesn't really shut down it acts like its on sleep mode i.e the power button light still stays on, dvd drive still operates, fan still rolls every thing is like its working but it never comes back on.
It is not the monitor cause at that point i tested it with a second monitor and nothing comes up until i do do a hard restart that is i unplug the power cord.
I have also formatted the PC again and is still the same.
Please help i need to get this PC working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 20, 2016
tgmservice:
PLEASE HELP
The company where i work have a dell desktop 780 optiplex on xp recently the computer keeps rebooting on the windows xp loading screen then i formatted to windows 7 now it randomly shuts down after some hours of usage. But the funny thing is that it doesn't really shut down it acts like its on sleep mode i.e the power button light still stays on, dvd drive still operates, fan still rolls every thing is like its working but it never comes back on.
It is not the monitor cause at that point i tested it with a second monitor and nothing comes up until i do do a hard restart that is i unplug the power cord.
I have also formatted the PC again and is still the same.
Please help i need to get this PC working

This is mostly a VGA problem, i have experienced it my self.
once it goes to sleep it doesn't display again until u reboot it, if this is d case, what u should do is download d VGA driver for that system that is compatible with the new windows, or u could just go to the power option and set the "Put computer to sleep" option to never n the rest.

i hope this helps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tgmservice: 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
larrysleez:

This is mostly a VGA problem, i have experienced it my self.
once it goes to sleep it doesn't display again until u reboot it, if this is d case, what u should do is download d VGA driver for that system that is compatible with the new windows, or u could just go to the power option and set the "Put computer to sleep" option to never n the rest.

i hope this helps
thanks but i doubt if its a VGA as i have updated the VGA driver to the newest version
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by booz(m): 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
Please, my hp laptop goes off as soon as I disconnect it from power. Initially, when plugged in, it shows 95% constantly, plugged in, charging. After checking what the problem is and coupling it back, it changed to constant 6%, plugged in, charging.

I tried to remove the battery, and the laptop notified that there is no battery. I replaced the battery and it showed constant, 6%, plugged in.

Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
booz:
Please, my hp laptop goes off as soon as I disconnect it from power. Initially, when plugged in, it shows 95% constantly, plugged in, charging. After checking what the problem is and coupling it back, it changed to constant 6%, plugged in, charging.

I tried to remove the battery, and the laptop notified that there is no battery. I replaced the battery and it showed constant, 6%, plugged in.

Please help.

your battery is bad,you have to replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by booz(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
horllamy:

your battery is bad,you have to replace it.

I'm confident My battery is still in good condition. It lasts more than 4 hours. I just used it three days ago and it started giving problems just yesterday.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
booz:

I'm confident My battery is still in good condition. It lasts more than 4 hours. I just used it three days ago and it started giving problems just yesterday.

anyway. Just try to drain the battery to 0% after dat switched off the system and plug it for charging. But don't switch it on wen charging it. Wen the battery is full unplug it and start using it.... cry kiss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wackpoet(m): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
I use a lenovo ideapad 100IBY and my screen's backlight is not working again. The screen is just very dim as if it were off. But if you shine light at the screen you'd see the display faintly. What could be the problem and solutions. Thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by booz(m): 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
wackpoet:
I use a lenovo ideapad 100IBY and my screen's backlight is not working again. The screen is just very dim as if it were off. But if you shine light at the screen you'd see the display faintly. What could be the problem and solutions. Thanks in advance
Try changing it's inverter board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by willo4eva(m): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
Please I'm having issues with a missing .dll file on my PC and some apps can't start. The missing .dll file is api-ms-win-crt-runtime.dll Please can someone help send a zipped version of the file to kamal.misc@gmail.com?

Needed from, Windows 7, 32bit OS. Can be found in C:/Windows/system32/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wackpoet(m): 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
booz:
Try changing it's inverter board.
any idea how much that would cost. Screen size - 15.6 in
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Xodun:
Good day sir's,
please come to my aid
1.USB ports not functioning well
2.Problem with window 7 activation ( getting geniue win7)
3.keypad malfunction
i need advancement of troubleshooting these issues
1. what do u mean not functioning well? if partial function, use drivepack
2. Use activator
3. check the connection to board, if problem persist, change the keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Get an external hard drive, transfer all your files. After installation,transfer back.
NB : New hard drive installation would involve new operating system, driver installation etc etc etc
or clone the hardisk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
tgmservice:
thanks but i doubt if its a VGA as i have updated the VGA driver to the newest version
Then try the second option he mentioned of adjusting the power options
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by booz(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
wackpoet:

any idea how much that would cost. Screen size - 15.6 in

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it's a two-day thing. If it's the model that has an inverter board, then it's easy. But if it's one of this generation laptops that don't have inverter board, it could be that the connector between the screen and motherboard is dirty, bad or has bad contact with the board.
I'm sorry I don't have an idea of how much it's sold presently. But I guess it should be between #2,500 and #3,500 (workmanship inclusive)

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.