Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,869 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263508 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crowntoro(f): 4:17am On Dec 24, 2016
Whenever I boot my system and it gets to the desktop stage, I won't see the cursor but if I connect a mouse to it, It appear and if I disconnect the mouse again, it will disappear.

2) the lights doesn't go off whenever I shut down.

What's the solution to these problems please?
Thank you all

The laptop is Toshiba Satellite C55t-A and it is AMD PROCESSOR

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 5:19am On Dec 24, 2016
crowntoro:
Whenever I boot my system and it gets to the desktop stage, I won't see the cursor but if I connect a mouse to it, It appear and if I disconnect the mouse again, it will disappear.

2) the lights doesn't go off whenever I shut down.

What's the solution to these problems please?
Thank you all

The laptop is Toshiba Satellite C55t-A and it is AMD PROCESSOR
As for your touchpad , what happened to the laptop before you noticed this issue?
In the meantime you can try CTRL +F5 to enable your touchpad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crowntoro(f): 6:22am On Dec 24, 2016
sotall:
As for your touchpad , what happened to the laptop before you noticed this issue?
In the meantime you can try CTRL +F5 to enable your touchpad.
it has been working perfectly until this morning when I tried to use it without a mouse because I have been using it with a mouse
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Heph001(f): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

Laptop model ?
Hp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Heph001(f): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

Laptop model ?
Hp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 8:56am On Dec 24, 2016
Heph001:
Hp
UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM DRIVERS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Heph001(f): 9:57am On Dec 24, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM DRIVERS.
ok...tnx...do I still need to convert it to window 7 or just drive it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:32am On Dec 24, 2016
Heph001:
ok...tnx...do I still need to convert it to window 7 or just drive it

I'll advice you just update it.... When you update it... The latest drivers will be installed...

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by damola44(m): 11:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
damola44:

i need answers please
so no one can answer me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by damola44(m): 11:13pm On Dec 24, 2016
please how do i go about transferring data from the internal hard drive of a dead laptop to a new laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:15am On Dec 25, 2016
damola44:
please how do i go about
transferring data from the
internal hard drive of a dead
laptop to a new laptop

Remove the old Hdd and use external Hdd connector to transfer ur data to new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by damola44(m): 6:23am On Dec 25, 2016
horllamy:

Remove the old Hdd and use external Hdd connector to transfer ur data to new one
thank you man , merry xmas
the external hdd connector is just a cord right?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:24am On Dec 25, 2016
damola44:

thank you man , merry xmas
the external hdd connector is just a cord right?
No, it is a casing with a unique interface for your hard drive. Shops selling computer accessories sells it. You can buy the 2.0 connector for 1.5k.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by damola44(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
sotall:
No, it is a casing with a unique interface for your hard drive. Shops selling computer accessories sells it. You can buy the 2.0 connector for 1.5k.
thanks man
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Readwarn(m): 11:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
My pc hp elitebook 8440 unable to play pes 16 giving 0xc00007b error...Pls what's the fix?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 10:14am On Dec 26, 2016
Readwarn:
My pc hp elitebook 8440 unable to play pes 16 giving 0xc00007b error...Pls what's the fix?
update he following:
C ++
direct X
.Net framework
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lizzlix(m): 10:36am On Dec 26, 2016
My cpu refused to power on. I pressed the power button and nothing happens. I have even changed the power cord but no luck. Pls help, anybody?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Readwarn(m): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
purplekayc:

update he following:
C ++
direct X
.Net framework
I've done so many times...still same issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
Readwarn:

I've done so many times...still same issue
update your card's drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by astrosammy: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

HARDWARE ISSUE !! I DO SOFTWARE ONLY.... YOU'LL GET A REPLY SOON...
Ok, no problem still waiting for a reply but I thought it is a software issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 11:56am On Dec 27, 2016
hello, my dell vostro 1440, keeps bringing update to windows 8.1 from 8 that I use.

if I decide to update it. will I lose my file or data.
will the new update ask for licence key.
or what will happen.

and the system usually gets lil hot.
hope updating drivers will solve d issue cos the air vent is free.

thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
Yemmyteespeed007:
hello, my dell vostro 1440, keeps bringing update to windows 8.1 from 8 that I use.

if I decide to update it. will I lose my file or data.
will the new update ask for licence key.
or what will happen.

and the system usually gets lil hot.
hope updating drivers will solve d issue cos the air vent is free.

thanks.
If you have genuine windows ( either the one that came with the system when you bought it new or when you purchased a genuine windows) on your system, you can choose to upgrade to 8.1 if you like it and you won't lose any file . Remember upgrading requires internet connection and can take up to an hour depending on your network. But if your windows is not genuine, don't try any upgrade cos it won't work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Onyiclara(f): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
Please help, my lenovo pc has refused to come on. I have tried removing the battery and inserting it back but it shows the charging light when I plug it in.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
Onyiclara:
Please help, my lenovo pc has refused to come on. I have tried removing the battery and inserting it back but it shows the charging light when I plug it in.
Remove the battery and charger. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds. Replace battery and power your laptop. if that doesn't work, see an engineer . if you are in Lagos and need an engineer to help you check it, call or whatsapp 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Onyiclara(f): 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2016
sotall:
Remove the battery and charger. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds. Replace battery and power your laptop. if that doesn't work, see an engineer . if you are in Lagos and need an engineer to help you check it, call or whatsapp 08164685979.

It still didn't work, will have to make that call
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bennaz(m): 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
Pls see what my system is only displaying when I turn it on. What may be the cause and solution pls?? Urgent respond please

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jaid23: 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hello guys, plx i need the price range of getin a fan for my laptop. System is goin off and i need a replacemnt fan to prevnt it frm overheating. Its intel by the way.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
jaid23:
Hello guys, plx i need the price range of getin a fan for my laptop. System is goin off and i need a replacemnt fan to prevnt it frm overheating. Its intel by the way.

How did you come to a conclusion that the fan is the problem?

Your system going off can be as a result of so many things varying from faulty fan, dusty fan, faulty motherboard, bad heat sink etc.

So let an engineer do a proper troubleshooting before concluding it is fan. meanwhile if you are sure the fan is bad, you are going to replace it with the exact one from another system of the same type as yours. Hence no one can tell you the price you are going to get it, it depends on who is selling.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jaid23: 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
sotall:

How did you come to a conclusion that the fan is the problem?

Your system going off can be as a result of so many things varying from faulty fan, dusty fan, faulty motherboard, bad heat sink etc.

So let an engineer do a proper troubleshooting before concluding it is fan. meanwhile if you are sure the fan is bad, you are going to replace it with the exact one from another system of the same type as yours. Hence no one can tell you the price you are going to get it, it depends on who is selling.

Tnks. I will tke it to an engineer for proper chking then.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by astrosammy: 7:35am On Dec 28, 2016
Urgent please, i have laid this complaint before but no response. I replaced my damaged HDD and installed a new windows 8.1 OS on my Hp laptop and try to drive the system, but on completion i observed the system doesn't boot when i power it up not until i remove the battery and put it back again. Then when i press the power button it won't start up until i press either 'Esc key' or 'F10 key', and go through the booting setup again and again anytime i want to use the system. This problem always come up whenever i want to power up my laptop and i have replaced the CMOS battery, so i was told to goto My Computer, click and goto device manager and confirmed if all the components are properly driven but it was observed that the 'Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface' was having the yellow umbrella sign on it, meaning it was not properly drive or having some issues. When I click on it to update it on the internet, it will tell me 'the best driver software for your device is already installed'. but the problem still comes up when i shutdown the system and ON it again, i decided to check the status of the Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface by right clicking on General and a dialog box with this message was displayed,"This device cannot start. (Code 10)" and "STATUS_DEVICE _POWER_FAILURE".

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.