Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,321 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264867 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BlessedHay(m): 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
i have a lenovo system, which by mistake kerosene pour on iy and the screen backligth is no longer visible but one can still operate the system using an aided light(touch light or sunlight). How can i get this backligth fixed to come on again and what price range please, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
BlessedHay:
i have a lenovo system, which by mistake kerosene pour on iy and the screen backligth is no longer visible but one can still operate the system using an aided light(touch light or sunlight). How can i get this backligth fixed to come on again and what price range please, thanks

The price for a laptop screen is usually between #8,000 naira to #10,000 naira (depending on the brand though) but you are advised to contact their service centre at 7th Floor,Mulliner Towers, 39 Alfred Rewane Road,lkoyi,Lagos.

(01-4489215,01-4489216,01-4489217,01-4489218) or just go to computer village, Ikeja

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
kingphoenix10:
My dell desktop no longer comes on. Once the power cable is plugged in the power button just blinks Orange. Thanks

It's an internal problem and you're advised to take it to an engineer nearest to you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
penitential:
@Op, please whenever I try typing on my system (either in my e-mail box, to post to Nairaland, or anywhere), instead of the words to type, my system will be responding to the system shortcut codes. Even when the cursor is inside the text box area, my system will always respond to shortcut codes.

Your keyboard needs to be serviced or changed... AND DON'T TRY DOING IT YOURSELF.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Henrique99: 4:06am On Dec 22, 2016
sotall:
Take it to an hardware engineer. That is probably a motherboard problem
Can the motherboard be repaired or does it require getting a completely new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:16am On Dec 22, 2016
Henrique99:
Can the motherboard be repaired or does it require getting a completely new one
it can be repaired. I have resolved several of such problems.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by penitential(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2016
OK thanks. Trying getting a good engineer to fix won't be easy.
Rapsowdee01:

Your keyboard needs to be serviced or changed... AND DON'T TRY DOING IT YOURSELF.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by damola44(m): 10:10am On Dec 22, 2016
please how do i go about transferring data from the internal drive of a dead laptop to a new laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odizeey(m): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2016
Invitation link https:///58eFeNYWrHzJXglKPdd260
*COOLEST WAY OF MAKING COOL MONEY. U NEED NOT REFER PEOPLE. ALL U NEED DO IS TO CLICK ON THE INVITATION LINK TO JOIN THE WATSAPP GROUP. THEN DROP YR NAME AND NUMBER.*
*LIKE: ADMIN ADD ME,name & number.*
*Then you will b given a number and later u will b paired to pay someone #5000.Thereafter,two people will b paired to also pay u #5000 each.After which u move to level two and drop yr info also.You will b given a number n u will pay #7500 to someone and also four people will pay you #7500 each=3000.the 3rd level u will pay #30000 to get #30000 from four persons each =#120000.This is from testimony. The beauty about it is that u don't have to look for people to register.* *You can log in and see for yourself*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by good188(m): 10:37am On Dec 22, 2016
odizeey:
Invitation link https:///58eFeNYWrHzJXglKPdd260
*COOLEST WAY OF MAKING COOL MONEY. U NEED NOT REFER PEOPLE. ALL U NEED DO IS TO CLICK ON THE INVITATION LINK TO JOIN THE WATSAPP GROUP. THEN DROP YR NAME AND NUMBER.*
*LIKE: ADMIN ADD ME,name & number.*
*Then you will b given a number and later u will b paired to pay someone #5000.Thereafter,two people will b paired to also pay u #5000 each.After which u move to level two and drop yr info also.You will b given a number n u will pay #7500 to someone and also four people will pay you #7500 each=3000.the 3rd level u will pay #30000 to get #30000 from four persons each =#120000.This is from testimony. The beauty about it is that u don't have to look for people to register.* *You can log in and see for yourself*
stop derail this platform
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2016
BlessedHay:

What is the model ?so that I can know the screen size and give u the actual price
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Henrique99: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
sotall:
it can be repaired. I have resolved several of such problems.
pls how much does it cost to resolve it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BlessedHay(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
horllamy:

What is the model ?so that I can know the screen size and give u the actual price
screen size is 13.3 inches
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
Henrique99:
Every engineer charges according to their prerogative.
Also, it is against the rules of this thread to discuss price of fixing computers. If your computer problem requires special assistance, that can be done on a personal basis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
Henrique99:
Every engineer charges according to their prerogative.
Also, it is against the rules of this thread to discuss price of fixing computers. If your computer problem requires special assistance, that can be done on a personal basis between you and the engineer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
BlessedHay:
screen size is 13.3 inches
The new 1 is around 17k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by damola44(m): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
damola44:
please how do i go about transferring data from the internal hard drive of a dead laptop to a new laptop

i need answers please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordseyad(m): 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hi all... Av got a charging problem wiv my pc (Acer aspire 5732z). Kind of hard to describe, lemme jxt try to..

If i plugged in charger now, it mighr not charge until I Kind of squeeze the charger mouth to the port or shuck it before it charges(Any small touch or shaking na die) I thought maybe the charger is faulty so I used the charger on another system nd it works well, nd the charger for this system does the same on my pc.. So I think it aint a charger problem.. So my quest is, is it the port thas has problem or the board? And if any, what is the likely price for reparing. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:02am On Dec 23, 2016
Lordseyad:
Hi all... Av got a charging problem wiv my pc.. Kind of hard to describe, lemme jxt try to..

If i plugged in charger now, it mighr not charge until I Kind of squeeze the charger mouth to the port or shuck it before it charges(Any small touch or shaking na die) I thought maybe the charger is faulty so I used the charger on another system nd it works well, nd the charger for this system does the same on my pc.. So I think it aint a charger problem.. So my quest is, is it the port thas has problem or the board? And if any, what is the likely price for reparing. Thanks.
next when posting an issue with your PC, the brand and model of the PC are important.
Also, if the problem with your PC is something that requires professional hands such as working on the motherboard, take it to the nearest engineer or ask if any engineer here lives close to your location.
I wouldn't tell you any price that will fix your laptop because a proper troubleshooting of the system is required to know the real problem. It is only when the problem is known, one can tell the amount needed to fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordseyad(m): 12:44am On Dec 23, 2016
sotall:
next when posting an issue with your PC, the brand and model of the PC are important.
Also, if the problem with your PC is something that requires professional hands such as working on the motherboard, take it to the nearest engineer or ask if any engineer here lives close to your location.
I wouldn't tell you any price that will fix your laptop because a proper troubleshooting of the system is required to know the real problem. It is only when the problem is known, one can tell the amount needed to fix it.
Hi, thanks. It is an Acer aspire 5732z.. Location now is Oyo..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ishomath(m): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2016
Can someone give me tips on how to format my window 7 P4 desktop computer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by haywire1: 10:37am On Dec 23, 2016
My laptop has power issue so I'm selling it as scrap, the screen, DVD, and all other components still intact. It's a hp compaq laptop.

Contact me if u need it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2016
haywire1:
My laptop has power issue so I'm selling it as scrap, the screen, DVD, and all other components still intact. It's a hp compaq laptop.

Contact me if u need it.
call or whatsapp me on 08164685979. let's discuss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jaid23: 11:40am On Dec 23, 2016
Plx guys how can i get my laptop fan working. Noticed it isnt runnin wen d system is on den d laptop goes off due to overheting prob. My systm is sony vaio. How can i fixed this or how much is gettin a replmnt fn.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
jaid23:
Plx guys how can i get my laptop fan working. Noticed it isnt runnin wen d system is on den d laptop goes off due to overheting prob. My systm is sony vaio. How can i fixed this or how much is gettin a replmnt fn.

the problem may not be the fan. It may be the motherboard. Hence I advice you take it to an engineer for proper troubleshooting. For the meantime, stop using the system so that you don't fry the VGA. Get the fan working before using it.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by astrosammy: 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
I need an assistance, I replaced my damaged HDD and installed a new windows 8.1 OS on my Hp laptop and try to drive the system, but on completion i observed the system doesn't boot when i power it up not until i remove the battery and put it back again. Then when i press the power button it won't start up until i press either 'Esc key' or 'F10 key', and go through the booting setup again and again anytime i want to use the system. This problem always come up whenever i want to power up my laptop and i have replaced the CMOS battery, so i was told to goto My Computer, click and goto device manager and confirmed if all the components are properly driven but it was observed that the 'Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface' was having the yellow umbrella sign on it, meaning it was not properly drive or having some issues. When I click on it to update it on the internet, it will tell me 'the best driver software for your device is already installed'. but the problem still comes up when i shutdown the system and ON it again, i decided to check the status of the Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface by right clicking on General and a dialog box with this message was displayed,"This device cannot start. (Code 10)" and "STATUS_DEVICE _POWER_FAILURE". Below is a picture of what i am trying to explain. thanks in anticipation.

1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Heph001(f): 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
hello here, I use window XP..iv been trying to create a connection btwn my computer and my android via Usb tethering so as to make use of the data on my phone but it seem impossible

.any help plz?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Heph001(f): 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
plz where can I DOWNLOAD window 7?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 12:18am On Dec 24, 2016
Heph001:
hello here, I use window XP..iv been trying to create a connection btwn my computer and my android via Usb tethering so as to make use of the data on my phone but it seem impossible

.any help plz?

Laptop model ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 12:19am On Dec 24, 2016
Heph001:
plz where can I DOWNLOAD window 7?
Just buy a disc instead... more 'reliable'

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 12:22am On Dec 24, 2016
astrosammy:
I need an assistance, I replaced my damaged HDD and installed a new windows 8.1 OS on my Hp laptop and try to drive the system, but on completion i observed the system doesn't boot when i power it up not until i remove the battery and put it back again. Then when i press the power button it won't start up until i press either 'Esc key' or 'F10 key', and go through the booting setup again and again anytime i want to use the system. This problem always come up whenever i want to power up my laptop and i have replaced the CMOS battery, so i was told to goto My Computer, click and goto device manager and confirmed if all the components are properly driven but it was observed that the 'Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface' was having the yellow umbrella sign on it, meaning it was not properly drive or having some issues. When I click on it to update it on the internet, it will tell me 'the best driver software for your device is already installed'. but the problem still comes up when i shutdown the system and ON it again, i decided to check the status of the Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface by right clicking on General and a dialog box with this message was displayed,"This device cannot start. (Code 10)" and "STATUS_DEVICE _POWER_FAILURE". Below is a picture of what i am trying to explain. thanks in anticipation.

HARDWARE ISSUE !! I DO SOFTWARE ONLY.... YOU'LL GET A REPLY SOON...

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 12:24am On Dec 24, 2016
Ishomath:
Can someone give me tips on how to format my window 7 P4 desktop computer?

The disc you used in installing it will be used..or just get a new cd and it's easy as ABC...as long as you're familiar with COMPUTERS !

(1) (2) (3) ... (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.