Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267253 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mohsaaf: 6:39am On Dec 18, 2016
horllamy:

That means what u called DVD rom is not DVD is cd, and cd can only play CD player it can't play anything DVD except you change it to DVD writer ....

Thanks 4 d quick response. Pls how do I change it to DVD writer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:43am On Dec 18, 2016
mohsaaf:

Thanks 4 d quick response. Pls how do I change it to DVD writer

That's means u will buy the replacement whatsapp me If u are living within Lagos I can help you to fix it.08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordPherule(m): 1:43am On Dec 20, 2016
Hello House of Techie,
Please, since I've upgraded my pc from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home Edition my brightness adjustment is working abnormal i.e inverse function: dim button make it bright while bright button makes it dim. What can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:43am On Dec 20, 2016
LordPherule:
Hello House of Techie,
Please, since I've upgraded my pc from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home Edition my brightness adjustment is working abnormal i.e inverse function: dim button make it bright while bright button makes it dim. What can I do?

Run windows 10 upgrade tool and your computer to find out if your
computer is compatible to run windows 10.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:53am On Dec 20, 2016
sotall:
It is unprofessional and a technical bluff to advice someone who is not trained to disassemble laptop devices to do so by themselves. Of course you should know better that an accidental pulling-off of a motherboard chip can put paid to the life of the laptop.

Even at times , trained engineers get into trouble just by disassemblying a laptop and coupling it back only to find out it has developed more issues.
So let's be careful on the advice we give clients here .

Lexusgs430:

Taking out the fan is probably one of easiest replacements to undertake.
If he feels it's too technical, he would seek professional advice..............
If he has no clue, YouTube videos are plentiful to teach and direct...............

It is a 50/50 situation. I wouldn't advice someone to open his or her laptop; the minium i
can ask a user to do is open the memory or hard drive compartent (if within reach). If anything goes wrong
such as no display, no power and so on. The user will blame the technician. Although the user cant
get the technician because all we do here is give advice and no one can physically blame us. However,
I will feel bad if something like that happen. We are all different and unique. To protect yourself, it would
be better to ask the user to take it to a technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 8:38am On Dec 20, 2016
hello technicians in the house. my Acer mini laptop screen brightness can't be increased or decreased. Help please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 9:07am On Dec 20, 2016
PLEASE MY PC GOES OFF EVRY 10 MINUTES,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....IT TAKES ABOUT 10MINUTES JUST TO TURN ON.....EVEN IF I MANAGE TO TURN IT ON IT GOES OFF AFTER 10MINUTES
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2016
deji2009:

It is a 50/50 situation. I wouldn't advice someone to open his or her laptop; the minium i
can ask a user to do is open the memory or hard drive compartent (if within reach). If anything goes wrong
such as no display, no power and so on. The user will blame the technician. Although the user cant
get the technician because all we do here is give advice and no one can physically blame us. However,
I will feel bad if something like that happen. We are all different and unique. To protect yourself, it would
be better to ask the user to take it to a technician.

The question asked was not too difficult to fix. He already diagnosed a faulty fan.
A replacement fan might fix the fault. And it's nice for people to have basic technical skills (A university degree is not required to replace a faulty fan).
Hence my advice was not too complicated to comprehend.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by win10(m): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2016
Samfilo31:
guys my lenovo laptop drivers are out of date including usb and DVD CD rom

which AM unable to update manually
pls anybdy wit reliable source of any site to update dem in one click shud please help drop link
bro to save you the stress, download driver booster and update your drivers. it even has other features like backing up drivers and regular drivers auto-update(if enabled).

Read more about it here.. Fix all drivers related problem with driver booster
http://www.techeda.com/fix-all-drivers-problems-with-driver-booster/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 10:51am On Dec 20, 2016
Good morning house, pls I have an issue with my deskstop monitor, the colours are not displaying well, how do I resolve it? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by win10(m): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
PLEASE MY PC GOES OFF EVRY 10 MINUTES,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....IT TAKES ABOUT 10MINUTES JUST TO TURN ON.....EVEN IF I MANAGE TO TURN IT ON IT GOES OFF AFTER 10MINUTES

hey bro, in troubleshooting PC problems like this, more info is needed from you.. what did you do just before it started acting like this? are you sure it goes off every 10min?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by win10(m): 10:55am On Dec 20, 2016
midps007:
Good morning house, pls I have an issue with my deskstop monitor, the colours are not displaying well, how do I resolve it? Thanks

Navigate to your graphic properties and customize your choice... to navigate, right click(as if you want to refresh) and then select your graphics options there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 11:29am On Dec 20, 2016
win10:

Navigate to your graphic properties and customize your choice... to navigate, right click(as if you want to refresh) and then select your graphics options there
OK Sir, I will try that but I m thinking maybe its d graphic cable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by win10(m): 11:51am On Dec 20, 2016
[quote author=midps007 post=52096194][/quote]

Oops! sorry.. i thought it was a laptop.. Since it's a desktop, i should definitely be the VGA cable(the cable that connect the desktop to the monitor).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 11:53am On Dec 20, 2016
[quote author=midps007 post=52096194][/quote] i have done that yet no changes, what other thing can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
win10:

Oops! sorry.. i thought it was a laptop.. Since it's a desktop, i should definitely be the VGA cable(the cable that connect the desktop to the monitor).
i have changed the vga cable yet same thing, it displays but the colouration is different from the normal display
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by penitential(m): 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
@Op, please whenever I try typing on my system (either in my e-mail box, to post to Nairaland, or anywhere), instead of the words to type, my system will be responding to the system shortcut codes. Even when the cursor is inside the text box area, my system will always respond to shortcut codes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by win10(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
midps007:
i have changed the vga cable yet same thing, it displays but the colouration is different from the normal display

Ok.. the fault could either be from the monitor or from the desktop it'self. To be sure, try to connect the desktop to another monitor or to a TV(with the VGA cable). if it displays properly, then you can confidentially say it's the monitor's fault, but if it doesn't, you can also say it's the desktop fault.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
win10:

Ok.. the fault could either be from the monitor or from the desktop it'self. To be sure, try to connect the desktop to another monitor or to a TV(with the VGA cable). if it displays properly, then you can confidentially say it's the monitor's fault, but if it doesn't, you can also say it's the desktop fault.
I have changed the monitor yet same thing so u mean the graphic card can never be the issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by egokudiowomoney: 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
this always shown on my PC whenever I'm using it ''There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive''how can I remove this permanently.thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lionbite(m): 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Abeg nairalanders make una reason my matter o. After my laptop sudenly stopped charging two days ago i had to take it to a local repair shop, the engineer there told me that the power Ic is burnt and he will have to replace it. Then he told me that it will cost 7000 naira, Pls is this price reasonable or am i about to be duped?
My laptop specs are: Dell inspiron 15R,
core i3
6GB Ram
500GB Rom
2.0ghz
64bit
intel HD4000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marv1: 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
I guess they are 2 users with the guest as administrator which i find difficult to change. The system has inbult administrator and it is not granting me administrator's right when i want to install softwares. What do i do to over write this inbuilt admin right with d window 8 system? Pls help, its frustrating me.
chucksbadt:

how many users are on that system?
only the Administrator account is permitted to make modifications/install apps on a system
The easiest way to know the number of users on your system is by typing USERS on the start menu and then click MANAGE USER ACCOUNTS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by win10(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
midps007:
I have changed the monitor yet same thing so u mean the graphic card can never be the issue?

Never said that oo.. just wanted to be sure where the fault is coming from. Now that it's certain that the fault is not from the monitor, we will take a deeper look at the desktop components.. Just before i point accusing fingers at a particular components, what triggered it? what was the last operation you perform just before it started?(hey bro.. i knw the question am asking may sound irrelevant, bt trust to solve a problem, you must first knw hw it started so you dnt jump into conclusion).. Because there are lots of stuff to pick from e.g it could be from BIOS(probably bios needs updating), software issue(probably windows or any other software you recently installed) graphics card or even memory. so, what was the last thing you did on it? or wat triggered it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
hello technicians in the house. my Acer mini laptop screen brightness can't be increased or decreased. calling on you guys to help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
Lionbite:
Abeg nairalanders make una reason my matter o. After my laptop sudenly stopped charging two days ago i had to take it to a local repair shop, the engineer there told me that the power Ic is burnt and he will have to replace it. Then he told me that it will cost 7000 naira, Pls is this price reasonable or am i about to be duped?
My laptop specs are: Dell inspiron 15R,
core i3
6GB Ram
500GB Rom
2.0ghz
64bit
intel HD4000
Well the cost of fixing laptops varies from engineer
to engineer. Though there is a maximum amount
which an engineer should charge to fix your laptop
and this depends on the fault, every engineer
names their price according to their own terms.
Hence all you have to do is bargain. if you feel it is
expensive, try another engineer and compare
prices.
On the other hand, if you are in Lagos, you can
bring it to my office at Ikeja, my charges are
pocket-friendly and affordable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lionbite(m): 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
sotall:
Well the cost of fixing laptops varies from engineer
to engineer. Though there is a maximum amount
which an engineer should charge to fix your laptop
and this depends on the fault, every engineer
names their price according to their own terms.
Hence all you have to do is bargain. if you feel it is
expensive, try another engineer and compare
prices.
On the other hand, if you are in Lagos, you can
bring it to my office at Ikeja, my charges are
pocket-friendly and affordable
how much will you do it for me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
Lionbite:

how much will you do it for me

It is unethical to discuss the cost of fixing your laptop here. Also I will like to know what is really wrong with your system before charging you. Once again , my charges are pocket-friendly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hello gurus in the huz, plsease do I fix this problem.
My Hp 530 notebook(running on windows 7) crashed, and has refused to boot. dislying "BOOTMGR is missing, press ctrl+Alt+Del to restrt" I tried booting from optical disk drive(win 7 OS), but still have the same message. Please how do I manage to format the system?
Prompt support will b highly preciated.

REGARD!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
EFOLK5:
Hello gurus in the huz, plsease do I fix this problem.
My Hp 530 notebook(running on windows 7) crashed, and has refused to boot. dislying "BOOTMGR is missing, press ctrl+Alt+Del to restrt" I tried booting from optical disk drive(win 7 OS), but still have the same message. Please how do I manage to format the system?
Prompt support will b highly preciated.

REGARD!

Try to use use flash that has OS
Or maybe ur Hdd as fault
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Henrique99: 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
Good evening gurus i the house.My computer is hp elitebook 8460p core i5.The problem is that the battery doesnt add up while charging.It shows "plugged in,charging".I have changed the battery twice,it still remain the same.Gurus help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingphoenix10: 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
My dell desktop no longer comes on. Once the power cable is plugged in the power button just blinks Orange. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
Henrique99:
Good evening gurus i the house.My computer is hp elitebook 8460p core i5.The problem is that the battery doesnt add up while charging.It shows "plugged in,charging".I have changed the battery twice,it still remain the same.Gurus help me out
Take it to an hardware engineer. That is probably a motherboard problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.