Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267154 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
Good day house...for all those here who are based in Port Harcourt, feel free to PM me for your IT/systems solutions, am always available to help out.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
marv1:
Pls i have a laptop with window 8. I wanted to instal some softwares it keeps telling me that i dont have the administrator's right to do it. Some of the software i downloaded did not instal. How do i change my user account control of my laptop to administrator. I have not connected it to any pc network just a lone pc. Urgent pls. I need the step by step guide. God bless u.

how many users are on that system?
only the Administrator account is permitted to make modifications/install apps on a system
The easiest way to know the number of users on your system is by typing USERS on the start menu and then click MANAGE USER ACCOUNTS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sanni45(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
VITALYSTA:

please house. it's urgent.
Probably didn't connect d fan or processor properly.Double check other connections tho.Try aswell to unplug d charger,remove d battery n hold down d power button 4 lyk 30secs.Then insert d battery,plug d system n switch it on.(This to discharge d electrostatic charge.)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
guys my lenovo laptop drivers are out of date including usb and DVD CD rom

which AM unable to update manually
pls anybdy wit reliable source of any site to update dem in one click shud please help drop link
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
Samfilo31:
guys my lenovo laptop drivers are out of date including usb and DVD CD rom

which AM unable to update manually
pls anybdy wit reliable source of any site to update dem in one click shud please help drop link

look for Driver pack......you can buy the CD at any computer shop, thats d fastest way to update your drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
chucksbadt:

look for Driver pack......you can buy the CD at any computer shop, thats d fastest way to update your drivers
bro i have it already but it not showing inside while running cos cd rom drivers is out dated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
see de out dated drivers

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Samfilo31:
bro i have it already but it not showing inside while running cos cd rom drivers is out dated

Hi, trying installing them via usb flash stick or if that is outdated also, try using an external cd Rom
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
Samfilo31:

use another system with a working CD ROM to copy it into a flash and the install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
sameolg616:

activating windows 7 is one of the simpliest amd fastest old tricks....as reformating is to learners so is re-arming/updating to win 8 is to pretenders....
just call me...it takes less than 5mins to activate

guy pls or anybdy available shud help drop de procedure of activating de windows 7 cos mine also said WINDOWS not activated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by barikay: 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
My keyboard cease and make cracking sound occasionally. What is d way out pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
barikay:
My keyboard cease and make cracking sound occasionally. What is d way out pls

Most likely, it needs to be serviced and about the occasional crack sound, maybe you should just take it to an engineer for general servicing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bikerboy1(m): 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
I use an Acer mini laptop. Just recently, I noticed that the touchpad gets hot while using the laptop. On trying to find out what the problem is, I noticed that the CPU fan wasn't working and as a result, the PC now generates a lot of heat during prolonged usage.

Please, can this CPU fan be fixed or rather, what can be done about it?

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
bikerboy1:
I use an Acer mini laptop. Just recently, I noticed that the touchpad gets hot while using the laptop. On trying to find out what the problem is, I noticed that the CPU fan wasn't working and as a result, the PC now generates a lot of heat during prolonged usage.

Thanks

SURE !!!!
It can be fixed/replaced... Just take it to an engineer.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 4:02am On Dec 16, 2016
bikerboy1:

Thanks

Unscrew the laptop, take out the fan(take fan to shop) & buy replacement.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3KINGZ18: 5:58am On Dec 16, 2016
chucksbadt:

go to your computer website(lenovo) and enter your computer serial or model number.it will automatically search for your missing drivers.itz much easier that way.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 8:32am On Dec 16, 2016
3KINGZ18:
go to your computer website(lenovo) and enter your computer serial or model number.it will automatically search for your missing drivers.itz much easier that way.
Done alot guys
ur help matters alot
all drivers was updated remaining 3
which to me isn't necessary
i appreciate your contribution jah bless u all for me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It is unprofessional and a technical bluff to advice someone who is not trained to disassemble laptop devices to do so by themselves. Of course you should know better that an accidental pulling-off of a motherboard chip can put paid to the life of the laptop.

Even at times , trained engineers get into trouble just by disassemblying a laptop and coupling it back only to find out it has developed more issues.
So let's be careful on the advice we give clients here .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2016
sotall:
It is unprofessional and a technical bluff to advice someone who is not trained to disassemble laptop devices to do so by themselves. Of course you should know better that an accidental pulling-off of a motherboard chip can put paid to the life of the laptop.

Even at times , trained engineers get into trouble just by disassemblying a laptop and coupling it back only to find out it has developed more issues.

Taking out the fan is probably one of easiest replacements to undertake.
If he feels it's too technical, he would seek professional advice..............
If he has no clue, YouTube videos are plentiful to teach and direct............
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2016
sotall:

Taking out the fan is probably one of easiest replacements to undertake.
If he feels it's too technical, he would seek professional advice..............
If he has no clue, YouTube videos are plentiful to teach and direct...............
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bikerboy1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Thanks a lot brother, I will do that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by win10(m): 9:11am On Dec 17, 2016
Hello everyone, hello house... there has been some major controversy over ram upgrade and how it's affect a PC.
luckily enough, i came across this Blog post and thought it might be nice to share with you;

Does your PC really needs a ram upgrade? www.techeda.com/does-your-pc-really-need-a-ram-upgrade/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tizboss75: 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
I need help pls my laptop is always discharging whenever i charge it, what can i do pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sexymonkey(m): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Pls how much will it cost to change the flex of hp pavilion x1000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
sexymonkey:
Pls how much will it cost to change the flex of hp pavilion x1000

I have it whatsapp me 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Tizboss75:
I need help pls my laptop is always discharging whenever i charge it, what can i do pls

What is the model number?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mohsaaf: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
pls help me out. My laptop (DELL) can not play DVD when inserted in the disk compact. I tried open the DVD from MY COMPUTER but each time I tried it says 'insert disk' and the disk compact will then open. Pls what should i do ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kendzyma(m): 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
Can anyone help with d link I can download Corel draw suit x7 activation code?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princesuko(m): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
Kendzyma:
Can anyone help with d link I can download Corel draw suit x7 activation code?

Do you know its Illegal?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
mohsaaf:
pls help me out. My laptop (DELL) can not play DVD when inserted in the disk compact. I tried open the DVD from MY COMPUTER but each time I tried it says 'insert disk' and the disk compact will then open. Pls what should i do ?

That means what u called DVD rom is not DVD is cd, and cd can only play CD player it can't play anything DVD except you change it to DVD writer ....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
Asus PC AMD/Radeon.. it came with windows 8.1 but in spanish language. so i thought just upgrading to Windows 10 will solve d issue. during d process of installation the softeare refused to be assigned to any disk cux d drives re partitioned 340mb nd 1tb respectively.. i tried nd tried no avail i had to format d two drives thinkn it ll go in any of them.. but this did not solve my problem.. and now when i boot the PC nothing but setup mode comes on cux i formated the drives. pls help a bro...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 4:53am On Dec 18, 2016
Essence4real:
Asus PC AMD/Radeon.. it came with windows 8.1 but in spanish language. so i thought just upgrading to Windows 10 will solve d issue. during d process of installation the softeare refused to be assigned to any disk cux d drives re partitioned 340mb nd 1tb respectively.. i tried nd tried no avail i had to format d two drives thinkn it ll go in any of them.. but this did not solve my problem.. and now when i boot the PC nothing but setup mode comes on cux i formated the drives. pls help a bro...
next time slot in the drive containing the operating system you want to reload (either flashdrive or CD) Now switch on your laptop and press F12 repeatedly to enter boot options. When boot option menu comes , use the arrow keys to navigate to your installation drive and click enter.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.