Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264298 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2018
Qhalifah:
HDD I just bought cry I didn't see ur message before deciding this nonsense I swear lipsrsealed undecided now see the error message I'm getting whilst the installation of the windows 10

Are you using Disc or bootable flash?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pussygotlips: 2:17am On Jul 04, 2018
Razak5:

Hi. Are you able to use your own flash drive on the system?
No, i had to reset the computer setting,
It all started when i tried to install bluetooth driver, i followed every steps i saw on some youtube but all to no avail.
When i run the device manager i usually see error box and when i check further, the properties error says the driver can not run command 10.
I dont know what it means.
pls how do i go about this.
Thank you so much.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 5:01am On Jul 04, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yeah you don't need to install them, for the windows 7 you should have gotten service pack 1,it has the net frames in it.

All the best.
disc....but, its all good now, thanks anyways
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:04am On Jul 04, 2018
Qhalifah:
disc....but, its all good now, thanks anyways

Lol.. Just take it easy with the formating oo grin

Disc is very slow u can do a bootable USB flash, that is faster than disc *2 in case you want to format again grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:08am On Jul 04, 2018
udemzyudex:

Disc is very slow u can do a bootable USB flash, that is faster than disc *2 in case you want to format again grin

Seconded
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:19am On Jul 04, 2018
pussygotlips:

No, i had to reset the computer setting,
It all started when i tried to install bluetooth driver, i followed every steps i saw on some youtube but all to no avail.
When i run the device manager i usually see error box and when i check further, the properties error says the driver can not run command 10.
I dont know what it means.
pls how do i go about this.
Thank you so much.

Let me paraphrase,
Were you able to use the USB Ports before now?

If yes, then you will need to update your USB drivers.

If no, then the hardware(the ports themselves) itself might be faulty.

You made mention of installing the Bluetooth drivers... Well, you'll have to uninstall these drivers. Then reinstall with the appropriate driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Drummerboy15(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
how do I format my laptop without losing my files and app?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
Drummerboy15:
how do I format my laptop without losing my files and app?

You will definitely lose your app but files will be intact.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Drummerboy15(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
udemzyudex:

You will definitely lose your app but files will be intact.
Alright, how do I go about it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 11:32am On Jul 05, 2018
udemzyudex:

formatting ain't happening anymore grin. I'm enjoying the 8.1, but bro is it that windows 8.1 doesn't have hibernate mode(cos it isn't in mine) and is it possible to turn off dos apps in windows screen from updating itself when browsing. Thanks for the reply wink Cheers!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2018
Qhalifah:
formatting ain't happening anymore grin. I'm enjoying the 8.1, but bro is it that windows 8.1 doesn't have hibernate mode(cos it isn't in mine) and is it possible to turn off dos apps in windows screen from updating itself when browsing. Thanks for the reply wink Cheers!!!

Go to control panel, windows update and change settings to never.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tungstar(m): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
hello, please i need help.

i always get the notification "your windows will expire soon" and when i followed the instructions it asked for "product key" and i dont have it because i bought it off someone.

please any way to fix this problem?

thanks.

windows 8 version.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kpaofame: 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
I need keyboard of HP Envy M4 with backlit... Am in Ibadan...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:16pm On Jul 05, 2018
tungstar:
hello, please i need help.

i always get the notification "your windows will expire soon" and when i followed the instructions it asked for "product key" and i dont have it because i bought it off someone.

please any way to fix this problem?

thanks.

windows 8 version.

Hello. You will need a tiny piece of software to activate your PC. You do not need to worry about product keys anymore. It does all the insertions!!

If you can make time to come to computer village, you can get one of them guys selling software DVD to help.

Once he's done activating, show some love by offering some tip (200N to 500N isn't bad)

Thereafter with a big grin on your face, ask them to give you the CD/DVD from where they got the Softwares. grin grin - - Thank me later.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LadySarah: 12:47am On Jul 06, 2018
My Pc settings cant open anymore aftre i cleaned up my pc.I dont have back up as im being requested to cos it keeps saying some files are missing while trying to recover them.Even my recycle bin is empty .I need help pls its been on for over a week.windows 8 hp.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:35am On Jul 06, 2018
LadySarah:
My Pc settings cant open anymore aftre i cleaned up my pc.I dont have back up as im being requested to cos it keeps saying some files are missing while trying to recover them.Even my recycle bin is empty .I need help pls its been on for over a week.windows 8 hp.

Hi LadySarah.

First, I'd like you to boot into safe mode by pressing F8 just after pressing the power button during start up. Can you access settings in safe mode?

If yes, then it means you may have changed certain things to get something working or messed arround with your settings.

However, if that's not the case, the only solution is to use command prompt or tinker with the registry (could make matters worse if you ain't the techy type).

Finally, the best solution is to re-install the windows 8.

The re-install will be a clean install , this means we're wiping everything out and getting a new Windows 8 in.

*cheers*

I can help do all that for a token

[installation + drivers + basic programmes + Antivirus]

Call or WhatsApp on 08128714767
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digitron: 10:29am On Jul 06, 2018
Hello Everyone, My laptop is struck on desktop. it boots and gets to desktop but i cant click on any icon. please what do i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
Digitron:
Hello Everyone, My laptop is struck on desktop. it boots and gets to desktop but i cant click on any icon. please what do i do

There are several possibilities,but one comes to mind when issues like this occur

HARD DISK : if it only slows down while navigating the desktop and other apps, then a simple defragmentation would have solved the issue. Also freeing up some space would have done some tricks.
However in this situation, the computer gets stuck on desktop i.e you're not able to do anything whatsoever! The hard disk is probably gone. shocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digitron: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
Razak5:

There are several possibilities,but one comes to mind when issues like this occur

HARD DISK : if it only slows down while navigating the desktop and other apps, then a simple defragmentation would have solved the issue. Also freeing up some space would have done some tricks.
However in this situation, the computer gets stuck on desktop i.e you're not able to do anything whatsoever! The hard disk is probably gone. shocked

but when i boot to safe mood, everything works fine. Again what do u mean by defragmentation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:21am On Jul 07, 2018
Digitron:

but when i boot to safe mood, everything works fine. Again what do u mean by defragmentation

If everything works fine in safemode, then let's explore the options of defragmentation.

The life-wire website puts it this way:

Files stored on a hard drive become fragmented over time, meaning that parts of the files are stored in separate areas of the drive instead of right next to each other. When this happens, it can take longer for the OS to open the file. A defrag can fix this.

So, the broken elements (fragments) of that program are then organised and arranged so that there is faster access to the program- This process is called defragmentation.

So, quickly, how do we go about this defragmentation (defrag).
But first what version of Windows do you use?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digitron: 8:48am On Jul 07, 2018
Razak5:

If everything works fine in safemode, then let's explore the options of defragmentation.

Files stored on a hard drive become fragmented over time, meaning that parts of the files are stored in separate areas of the drive instead of right next to each other. When this happens, it can take longer for the OS to open the file. A defrag can fix this.

So, the broken elements (fragments) of that program are then organised and arranged so that there is faster access to the program- This process is called defragmentation.

window 7 bro Thanks so much for ur concern
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2018
Razak5:

Good day bro
Please a sugary liquid poured on my laptop keyboard and it stopped working
Please what can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tabithababy(f): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2018
Please my laptop keyboard is not working embarassed

May be because I didn't use it for a long time embarassed

It automatically type 1 or 4 by itself when I want to type embarassed

I can't even click on on screen keyboard it keeps typing 1 or 4 in the search box embarassed >:

So frustrating

Who knows what I can do or where I can reply it in Lagos( mainland o biko. Yaba, oyingbo, gbagada axis)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tabithababy(f): 10:37am On Jul 07, 2018
Razak5:

Please my HP laptop keyboard is not working

I can't even click on on screen keyboard it keeps typing 1 or 4 in the search box embarassed >:

So frustrating

Who knows what I can do or where I can reply it in Lagos( mainland o biko. Yaba, oyingbo, gbagada axis
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2018
Neep help with my PC.
It won't boot into windows anymore
Anytime I power it on it keeps showing the windows logo without completion of the boot process.
After sometime it restarts and the same thing happens over again
What can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:22am On Jul 07, 2018
Hello, my laptop (especially browsers) keeps bringing weird fonts anytime I'm browsing, or doing html programming. Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by godfrey01(m): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2018
scantee:
good thread
@skydancer
please can you help me with corel x4 activation key, i have the serial keys but is requesting for activation keys before i can use it, i will be grateful,

baba how you want make corel to make money when you are looking for free crack
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2018
tabithababy:
Please my laptop keyboard is not working embarassed

So frustrating

Who knows what I can do or where I can reply it in Lagos( mainland o biko. Yaba, oyingbo, gbagada axis)

Hello.

You're so lucky!!! shocked
Your PC is still working. Some laptops simply pack up and cease to function.

Your only remedy is to change the keyboard

Surprisingly, simple accessories like keyboards aren't so expensive.

*Cheers*

Call/WhatsApp on 08128714767.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tabithababy(f): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

You're so lucky!!! shocked
Your PC is still working. Some laptops simply pack up and cease to function.

Your only remedy is to change the keyboard

Surprisingly, simple accessories like keyboards aren't so expensive.

*Cheers*

Call/WhatsApp on 08128714767.

Oh thanks kiss

Are you in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by godfrey01(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2018
purplekayc:
Neep help with my PC.
It won't boot into windows anymore
Anytime I power it on it keeps showing the windows logo without completion of the boot process.
After sometime it restarts and the same thing happens over again
What can I do?

Restore the system or reinstalling the Operating system will be a better option.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
I just made the most stupid decision of my life
I wanted to modify my bios so I can change a lot of things since HP and other manufacturers hide the useful settings for overclocking, fan control and others

So I went to biosmods forum and I saw an unlocked bios for my system HP pavilion dv4 1xxx series with InsydeH20 bios f.66 and f.67 that is tripleconfirmed. I flashed it from within Windows but after restarting, the Insyde Bios Setup was the same as before. I tried it like five times. No joy

So i made a bootable USB drive with Win 98 DOS mode and I copied the bios file and the WinFlash utility. I typed in the command line and it updated it successfully and the system restarted. Upon restart, the hard drive light shows and spins but I get no video output. No POST. No BIOS screen. The caps lock and num lock leds blink four times. I run to HP support website and it says that four blinks mean graphics controller error. So I hooked up my monitor to the motherboard directly with VGA cable but still nothing
I opened it up and reset the CMOS battery, cleaned the RAM sticks and the slots and unlatched and latched the processor. Did a hard reset. Still nothing

The instructions I'm seeing talk about hotswapping the BIOS from a working motherboard which I'm sure can kill the motherboard if not properly done
Should I make a recovery bios of my former bios on a USB and cleverly flash it and see if it would reset?

If I manage to get out of this, i won't try updating BIOS ever again!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2018
godfrey01:

Restore the system or reinstalling the Operating system will be a better option.

My keyboard stopped working cause a liquid(not water) poured on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.