Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (920) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264215 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alhajiemeritus: 6:19am On Jun 28, 2018
Razak5:

You're welcome.
Hello Razak5 How much does a dell studio laptop battery cost? And also how much is the charger?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
Hello Razak5
How much does a dell studio laptop battery cost?
And also how much is the charger?

Hi.
At the moment, replacements are what's available. NGN 6000 or lesser depending on the seller.

Chargers aren't that expensive. Least is NGN40000 - NGN5000

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
So, my trouble started from buying a new harddrive in my laptop, I did the needful(installing windows{windows 7 ultimate} and driving the drivers), then I realized the Bluetooth and modem were not working ( not well drives), so I used different driver pack including driver booster, but it still didn't work. So, I just gave up cry and decided to install the apps I needed(coreldrawx8) and that was how another problem envisaged (You require Microsoft.Net 4.6 for app to work). Fast forward to google,(I started looking for Microsoft.Net 4.6) I saw Microsoft.Net 4.6 but it didn't download. I gave up cry again and decided I was going to install another windows( I formatted everything and started fresh{this time windows 7 professional}). I finished everything and again another issue crept in lipsrsealed(this time, Bluetooth-not working, other devices-not working, network adapter-not working and also not showing at all in device manager.{after series of troubleshooting and researching it showed[view-show hidden files] but still didn't work}I used driver packs to drive it but I was a message that my drivers are up-to-date, which isn't true{would have used network booster but I can't connect to internet cos of the network adapter issue}). I decided load the windows one last time, and during the installation it cancelled by itself and on trying again it resulted to this page. I have also tried to go to the boot options and make changes but its going to the bootmgr page. Pls. Kindly help me(anyone and everyone.) Cheers!!!!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
Qhalifah:
So, my trouble started from buying a new harddrive in my laptop, I did the needful(installing windows{windows 7 ultimate} and driving the drivers), then I realized the Bluetooth and modem were not working ( not well drives), so I used different driver pack including driver booster, but it still didn't work. So, I just gave up cry and decided to install the apps I needed(coreldrawx8) and that was how another problem envisaged (You require Microsoft.Net 4.6 for app to work). Fast forward to google,(I started looking for Microsoft.Net 4.6) I saw Microsoft.Net 4.6 but it didn't download. I gave up cry again and decided I was going to install another windows( I formatted everything and started fresh{this time windows 7 professional}). I finished everything and again another issue crept in lipsrsealed(this time, Bluetooth-not working, other devices-not working, network adapter-not working and also not showing at all in device manager.{after series of troubleshooting and researching it showed[view-show hidden files] but still didn't work}I used driver packs to drive it but I was a message that my drivers are up-to-date, which isn't true{would have used network booster but I can't connect to internet cos of the network adapter issue}). I decided load the windows one last time, and during the installation it cancelled by itself and on trying again it resulted to this page. I have also tried to go to the boot options and make changes but its going to the bootmgr page. Pls. Kindly help me(anyone and everyone.) Cheers!!!!

Hello.
@qhallifa, I want to believe that this format is the third shocked shocked

Well, I'll advise this to be the last.

Now, what boot device did you use for the first two consecutive installations?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

From the pix, that looks like an Elitebook whose drivers are very popular and easy (not easy attimes) and straight forward to install...

If you eventually get to format it, I'll be able to install the drivers, the. NET framework and related programs for a token amount.

*cheers*

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

Thanks bro, it was disc, but luckily the windows has installed(I tried another disc and made some changes in BIOS).Bro, another issue has started(this time the network is cancelled and i tried updating the driver but it's saying my drivers are up-to-date). Thanks in anticipation of your reply. Cheers!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:53am On Jun 29, 2018
Qhalifah:
Thanks bro, it was disc, but luckily the windows has installed(I tried another disc and made some changes in BIOS).Bro, another issue has started(this time the network is cancelled and i tried updating the driver but it's saying my drivers are up-to-date). Thanks in anticipation of your reply. Cheers!!!

There are 2 types.

Identify your case In the picture below (1st pix as 1, 2nd pix as 2)

Meanwhile, if your Elitebook has a panell, just above the keyboard, then the Wi-Fi might have been turned off. Toggle the Wi-Fi light by pressing the amber light that shows Wi-Fi logo.

The panel carries several other indicators

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 29, 2018
Qhalifah:

There's one thing about some elitebook laptops, even if you drive the WiFi adapter it will still stay off unless you enable it in bios settings. If after driving it and it still turn off, go to bios set up, you will see some of you peripherals listed there, locate the WiFi and enable it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
Razak5:

There are 2 types.

Identify your case In the picture below (1st pix as 1, 2nd pix as 2)

Meanwhile, if your Elitebook has a panell, just above the keyboard, then the Wi-Fi might have been turned off. Toggle the Wi-Fi light by pressing the amber light that shows Wi-Fi logo.

The panel carries several other indicators
here is a picture Bros

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2018
udemzy101:

There's one thing about some elitebook laptops, even if you drive the WiFi adapter it will still stay off unless you enable it in bios settings. If after driving it and it still turn off, go to bios set up, you will see some of you peripherals listed there, locate the WiFi and enable it.

here is a picture Bros

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2018
Pls people can i be pointed to a trusted site where I can download a compatible network adapter (driver) for my computer(HP Probook 4430s) BIOS: HP 68SRR Very. F .23. Thanks. Cheers!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2018
Qhalifah:
Pls people can i be pointed to a trusted site where I can download a compatible network adapter (driver) for my computer(HP Probook 4430s) BIOS: HP 68SRR Very. F .23. Thanks. Cheers!!!!

Ok, so now we know it's probook grin dis one you were hiding the name like dis...

Head over to drp.su/en
Once at the site, you are expected to download a tiny program. This program scans through the hardware and generates a list of matching drivers.

You will have 2 options, first will be to automatically install/configure the drivers, and second is to install them individually- this is known as expert mode

Once you are in expert mode, you are to uncheck every other driver except the wireless driver.

Then click install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
Qhalifah:
here is a picture Bros

Since you said the adapter driver is up to date and it driven already, go to bios settings and locate WiFi then turn it on.

If driving it is still the problem, I'll suggest you use expert mode to drive the WiFi or get a good driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kodded(m): 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2018
so guys I want to ask if a laptop motherboard can be fried even if the led light close to the charging port comes on when charging the laptop

NB the power switch is bad, so I want to know if its worth buying a new power switch or just abandoning the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 1:20am On Jun 30, 2018
Razak5:

Ok, so now we know it's probook grin dis one you were hiding the name like dis...

Head over to drp.su/en
Once at the site, you are expected to download a tiny program. This program scans through the hardware and generates a list of matching drivers.

You will have 2 options, first will be to automatically install/configure the drivers, and second is to install them individually- this is known as expert mode

Once you are in expert mode, you are to uncheck every other driver except the wireless driver.

Then click install.
Thanks for the info, there's no way I can access the internet without the network adapter, BTW I wasn't anything. grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 1:23am On Jun 30, 2018
udemzy101:

Since you said the adapter driver is up to date and it driven already, go to bios settings and locate WiFi then turn it on.

If driving it is still the problem, I'll suggest you use expert mode to drive the WiFi or get a good driver.
Thanks for the heads up, but how do I go about the expert mode(I've already turned the WiFi on the BIOS setting) Cheers!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 30, 2018
Qhalifah:
Thanks for the heads up, but how do I go about the expert mode(I've already turned the WiFi on the BIOS setting) Cheers!!!

On your driver pack, run it and click on settings at the left side, locate expert mode and install WiFi driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:35am On Jun 30, 2018
Qhalifah:
Thanks for the info, there's no way I can access the internet without the network adapter, BTW I wasn't anything. grin

Yeah, I forgot to add.
You're going to use USB tethering of your phone to connect Internet from phone to PC.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2018
kodded:
so guys I want to ask if a laptop motherboard can be fried even if the led light close to the charging port comes on when charging the laptop

NB the power switch is bad, so I want to know if its worth buying a new power switch or just abandoning the laptop

Duuuuhhhh, cheesy
The led light should definitely come on, for some time (if there isn't any battery) and should remain stable or change to Amber to indicate charging (when there's battery).

Regarding the power switch, you can only be sure if you assemble your system completely, then you test with the new power switch, if it comes on, displays and functions properly then you're sure the board is OK, then you can pay for the power switch

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Finstar: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2018
Hey guys... I need help ooh..

I'm using elitebook 8440p...

I discovered that whenever I'm playing music and doing something else with the system, along the way, it would give out a distorted sound like krirkrirkrirkri and then shut down. This has been the norm until yesterday when it shut down and refused to boot.. I don't know if it's power surge cause when I checked, there was no longer power.

What it now does is this... If I press the power button.. It will boot, the LCD lights will come on and shut down almost immediately, not even allowing the screen to show some backlight.

The person I gave to find the problem is saying is caused by the AC and that it needs to be replaced.. They they need to find the exact AC of the system which is not easy to find.. Seriously don't understand what he meant by that lol..

Who can please guide me? Need to start using my system again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kgr8mike(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
Dear please my pc can only open Nairaland but can't open any other site. Kindly assist.

I have only internet explorer in my pc as the browser.

Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
this light is on and the power button is not bringing on the required thing... not on at all. help me pls

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
that's what it's been showing since. ..help pls

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nizguy(m): 12:54am On Jul 01, 2018
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
Hi my HP laptop no longer play music or videos for long two songs before it will stop to play while on play mode and wen u try to forward it, it now start slow motion. Help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2018
kgr8mike:
Dear please my pc can only open Nairaland but can't open any other site. Kindly assist.

I have only internet explorer in my pc as the browser.

Thank you
baba the best thing internet explorer can do is to download another browser,(chrome, Mozilla, ucb, etc) you need a new one. Cheers!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 1:26am On Jul 01, 2018
Razak5:

Yeah, I forgot to add.
You're going to use USB tethering of your phone to connect Internet from phone to PC.
Thanks real good man, the was tethering was swift. Pls do u know d name of d app that enables Microsoft. Net 4.6 to work on a PC so as to install some apps. Cheers!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 01, 2018
AdebisiAdeyinka:
that's what it's been showing since. ..help pls

What's the model of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 01, 2018
Finstar:
Hey guys... I need help ooh..

I'm using elitebook 8440p...

I discovered that whenever I'm playing music and doing something else with the system, along the way, it would give out a distorted sound like krirkrirkrirkri and then shut down. This has been the norm until yesterday when it shut down and refused to boot.. I don't know if it's power surge cause when I checked, there was no longer power.

What it now does is this... If I press the power button.. It will boot, the LCD lights will come on and shut down almost immediately, not even allowing the screen to show some backlight.

The person I gave to find the problem is saying is caused by the AC and that it needs to be replaced.. They they need to find the exact AC of the system which is not easy to find.. Seriously don't understand what he meant by that lol..

Who can please guide me? Need to start using my system again

I'm suspecting a bad processor, I guess he meant FAN, the laptop need troubleshooting.

Fan vent might be block and processor paste dried up, no air to cool it down and it get fried.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 01, 2018
Nizguy:

Hi my HP laptop no longer play music or videos for long two songs before it will stop to play while on play mode and wen u try to forward it, it now start slow motion. Help

Try and update your audio driver or increase your ram.
You can close all running apps or start up app to reduce ram usage by pressing Window button +R key and type msconfig, select startup and untick those apps starting up and save.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by otemeh01(m): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2018
pls, how do I activate/license my windows. window 8.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 01, 2018
kodded:

When you say fried you mean dead?
Since it shows charging light without powering on then something is definitely wrong with your motherboard but not fried.

Probably a bad power button or NBSWON/PWRBTN is not producing the required 3V.

Take it to a laptop engineer for diagnosis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.