Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (921) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264009 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kodded(m): 8:31am On Jul 01, 2018
udemzy101:

When you say fried you mean dead?
Since it shows charging light without powering on then something is definitely wrong with your motherboard but not fried.

Probably a bad power button or NBSWON/PWRBTN is not producing the required 3V.

Take it to a laptop engineer for diagnosis.
my power switch is bad, but I wanted to know if the motherboard is still good so that I wouldn't waste my time and money going to buy a new power switch
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 01, 2018
kodded:

my power switch is bad, but I wanted to know if the motherboard is still good so that I wouldn't waste my time and money going to buy a new power switch

Go to where u want to buy the power switch, preferably used one cos those selling new one won't allow u to test.

If you have a multimeter you can test to see if 3v is present in the switch connector.

If you don't, just go to where you want to buy it, collect and test if it doesn't work I believe the person selling it will see it and won't force u to buy it since its not working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2018
udemzy101:

What's the model of your laptop?
HP CONPAQ
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 10:03am On Jul 01, 2018
AdebisiAdeyinka:
that's what it's been showing since. ..help pls
help me pls, the light there has been on since, it's bot charging. I removed the ba3 too it's not coming on.... I hold the power button for 30 secs it's still not coming on, what could've be wrong pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2018
AdebisiAdeyinka:
HP CONPAQ

I know it is hp COMPAQ, COMPAQ what?

The model number.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 01, 2018
AdebisiAdeyinka:
help me pls, the light there has been on since, it's bot charging. I removed the ba3 too it's not coming on.... I hold the power button for 30 secs it's still not coming on, what could've be wrong pls

If your laptop is AMD then I'm sorry it is VGA issue, that's why i want to know the model.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 10:44am On Jul 01, 2018
udemzy101:

I know it is hp COMPAQ, COMPAQ what?

The model number.
HP COMAPQ 6720s
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 11:08am On Jul 01, 2018
udemzy101:

If your laptop is AMD then I'm sorry it is VGA issue, that's why i want to know the model.
HP COMAPQ 6720s
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2018
AdebisiAdeyinka:
HP COMAPQ 6720s

Check the RAM.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2018
udemzy101:

Check the RAM.
how can I check it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2018
AdebisiAdeyinka:
how can I check it
It's located at the back,you can open those compactment with your screw driver, I'll honestly advise you to take it to a laptop engineer for diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TopWinner(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
My laptop shows this screen on start-up. Help?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hakeem4(m): 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
when ever I’m working I just see run time errors . How do I solve it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 12:24am On Jul 02, 2018
udemzy101:

On your driver pack, run it and click on settings at the left side, locate expert mode and install WiFi driver.
Thanks real good man, the was tethering was swift. Pls do u know d name of d app that enables Microsoft. Net 4.6 to work on a PC so as to install some apps. Cheers!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 4:10am On Jul 02, 2018
I get this error message when I try to run an installed Corel draw x8 on my PC. Pls help me out people. Cheers!!!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funpeter: 4:49am On Jul 02, 2018
I want to sell a Dell E6500 series
Contact me 08062325269
Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 02, 2018
Qhalifah:
Thanks real good man, the was tethering was swift. Pls do u know d name of d app that enables Microsoft. Net 4.6 to work on a PC so as to install some apps. Cheers!!!

I don't, just get driver pack 17 everything is inside
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2018
Qhalifah:

Well, .NetFramework is a software on it's own that you will need to download and install on your PC.

In the google search bar, type ".netframework 4.6". From the list of search result, click on the one that links to Microsoft website. Download from there- virus free.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2018
udemzy101:

Exactly!! Especially if you are data stranded.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by casted81: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2018
Hi all, the keyboard and touchpad of my mini lappy is no more responsive. Engrs how much will it cost me to get a replacement?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2018
casted81:
Hi all, the keyboard and touchpad of my mini lappy is no more responsive. Engrs how much will it cost me to get a replacement?

Hi.
Keyboard is NGN4,500
Generally touchpad is about NGN 5000

That's NGN 9500.

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EniHolar(f): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2018
Please I need photoshop on my PC. All the ones I installed ain't opening. Someone advised me to download from the internet. I have tried doing so but couldn't download a meaningful thing. Just wasting my data.

Please, I need a good download link. Any user-friendly photoshop is OK. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
EniHolar:
Please I need photoshop on my PC. All the ones I installed ain't opening. Someone advised me to download from the internet. I have tried doing so but couldn't download a meaningful thing. Just wasting my data.

Please, I need a good download link. Any user-friendly photoshop is OK. Thanks.

Go and buy it, if your laptop comes with dvd rom you can easily install it from the disc.

It just #200, some sell for #150,this one is better instead of wasting data.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by overdrive(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2018
Pls where can I download scrabble to play offline.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by waleecity: 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2018
My Laptop Samsung NP300E5A didn't display anything when I switched it on and the power light is on, so it is VGA problem, please what can I do to solve the problem? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nizguy(m): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2018
udemzy101:

Try and update your audio driver or increase your ram.
You can close all running apps or start up app to reduce ram usage by pressing Window button +R key and type msconfig, select startup and untick those apps starting up and save.

Have done the msconfig.yet still doing the same. So how can I update my audio driver or increase my ram? Pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 12:08am On Jul 03, 2018
Razak5:

Well, .NetFramework is a software on it's own that you will need to download and install on your PC.

In the google search bar, type ".netframework 4.6". From the list of search result, click on the one that links to Microsoft website. Download from there- virus free.

Thanks boss, I'm just entering one trouble or the other. I have resulted to installing windows 10, i just hope it won't be like that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 12:30am On Jul 03, 2018
udemzy101:

Thanks boss, I'm just entering one trouble or the other. I have resulted to installing windows 10, i just hope it won't be like that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:04am On Jul 03, 2018
Qhalifah:

Congrats grin welcome to another adventure... Guess you love adventures. I hope you recover from the excitement.

For win 10,the only issue is that you'll be needing drivers for every goddamn hardware on that laptop.

Remember, as they say= "if the computer ain't the problem, you're the problem"

Advise: do not format to Windows10 yet. I feel if you look long and hard enough at your problem with the current OS, you'll find a solution. [list the issues]

Finally, dis one you are formatting up and dan, me I have Hard disk to sell oo grin oya do and Come and buy (cheap price) grin

Don't mind me, what I just said is that you risk crashing your HDD (risk increases with each format).

So list dem issues, so we see of they are resolvable. Formatting is only a last resort.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alhajiemeritus: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2018
Razak5:

Congrats grin welcome to another adventure... Guess you love adventures. I hope you recover from the excitement.

For win 10,the only issue is that you'll be needing drivers for every goddamn hardware on that laptop.

Advise: do not format to Windows10 yet. I feel if you look long and hard enough at your problem with the current OS, you'll find a solution. [list the issues]

Finally, dis one you are formatting up and dan, me I have Hard disk to sell oo grin oya do and Come and buy (cheap price) grin

Don't mind me, what I just said is that you risk crashing your HDD (risk increases with each format).

So list dem issues, so we see of they are resolvable. Formatting is only a last resort.
Bros Windows 7 is your best bet
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
Qhalifah:

Yeah you don't need to install them, for the windows 7 you should have gotten service pack 1,it has the net frames in it.

All the best.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
Razak5:

HDD I just bought cry I didn't see ur message before deciding this nonsense I swear lipsrsealed undecided now see the error message I'm getting whilst the installation of the windows 10

(1) (2) (3) ... (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.