Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,933 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277900 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Ariston: 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2008
In short order and sorry I have been indisposed this last few days.

Tlamp:Sole proprietorship business with a account in which your uncle is the sole signatory with(I assume) a well crafted affidavit attesting to a willingness to sponsor?AND the ECO imputed the financial requirements for a three year course to a one year Masters course?this should be a slam dunk in your favour if its as you outlined,you treated them very well indeed,letter from the bank as well?its better to drown them with documentary evidence if possible and I wouldnt worry about time,it should materialise before September,still,pray though.

Saysth:You didnt exactly specify if this was a visiting or student visa or whatever,the issue with WAEC is a tad quirky,their silence can be interpreted by the AIT in any way so I might suggest the following,get an official acknowledgement from WAEC stating that your petition over the mistaken DOB has been received and is receiving the proper attention,prior to that get a solicitor to draft a letter stating the essentials,that you are, with DOB , and an error was made in your WAEC certificate Number, and you wish to ascertain in the interim that the certficate issued to you with the DOB, is actually meant for you with the name being correct but faulty in this regard.Send it by registered mail or courier and obtain proof of delivery,furthermore get a letter from the principal or proprietor of the school establishing your bona fides.Without proving that the WAEC authorities actually received the affidavit you sent,the affidavit is open to conjecture.You have to prove without a shadow of a doubt that you are who you say you are and the error is just that,an error.By the way,go to the WAEC office and try to wrangle an official reply to your petition,cajole,plead or threaten until you get it.

Brownbaby:No you must not apply for FLR immediately you get in,you already have the ability to work twenty hours a week.Besides which the CAB(Citizens Advice bereau)can give you proper advice on what to do and when once you arrive.No worries.

Commonsense approach works the charm.Good luck everybody.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by saysth: 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2008
Ariston,

Thanks very much for your advice, I think it has immensily enlighten me on few steps to take.I appreciate hat. I actually applied for student Visa. I spoke with my solicitor immediately I got these peice of advice and he think they are helpful ,and I will see if I can find my way out with the waec . I'll breif you asap.
Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2008
princekay1:

MrPataki,

where r u? this thread is now boring!

dnative:

In a lighter mood,   

a i sinle ologini, ile d'ile ekute[color=#990000][/color]

where is MrPataki, Akolawole, Funkybaby, Vicjustice, LondonCool, VOR. This thread or the whole travel section is not the same without you guys. Vicjustice, see who has now become the defacto on immigration matters. grin

He is hibernating. I read this thread almost everytime, but like others, I got discouraged over the attitude of the admin on certain issues on this forum.

I hope to stay on for a while though. Sorry I stayed off. Funkybaby, Akolawole, VOR and londoncool will return soon.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2008
saysth:

After my close look on a few posts here and views, I think it would  be thoughtful  of me to share my problem with the house and see how much chance I stand on wining my Appeal case, Grounds prepared by me. This is my second time of appealing though; but I was refused THIS time due to the fact that, 
I will suggest you as well not only go through a few posts, but endeavour to digest all the posts on this thread. It would be highly beneficial to your circumstance.

saysth:

1) I presented my Uncle/sponsor statements (both Business & personal
accounts) which are  buoyant and properly ran , but ECO went ahead by questioning the origin of the said some huge amount that was deposited in a single day (3 large transaction that worths 26m), this is out of point to me, because initially the account had effected large sum that was counting up to 30m before and
they did not say anything abut it, ECO couldn't even have anything to comment about the Personal account that has a balance of 6m, which I think it's more important as to  his personal info,  Some other sponsor's submitted info are his Tax Clearance, Cert of Incorporation, as a proprietor of a real estate agency and letter of is intention as sponsor.
It has been stated over time, that Business accounts in tune of zillions or billions or millions or hundred of thousands of naira is not a convincing point to the ECO that you are financially suitable for a stay in the UK. Your uncle may be the sole propietor of the company, but what matters is that the board of directors or shareholders in the comany must collectively put it into writing and signatures that the companys finances will be used to sponsor your trip to the UK!  What does the company stand to gain from sponsoring your trip to the UK?

Now back to the said fund in your Uncles account, which was 6million naira, did you as well submit evidences to show the sources of this said amount in your uncles account? The ECO was silent about the 6million in your uncles account simply to the fact you presented another account statement showing that were more than financially ok for a stay in the UK, however you should not have done that.

saysth:

2a) The ECO noted a careless mistake on my part about the difference in my date of birth on WAEC certificate (July 6) and my application form and passport DOB (November 15th), both of the same year though. I could not notice this error even in my first application ,not even ECO noticed this, until it was spotted now by ECO in my second application. So I had to prepared the grounds of appeal that WAEC was actually the brain behind the error and I did 2  court affidavits ,one  directed to the Tribunal to prove my real date of  birth and the second to WAEC to show that they were actually the one at fault,though WAEC are yet to admit this and I am still in puzzle the way to go about it, but I went ahead and sent this copy to the tribunal which show I have tried to contact WAEC and they will do something about this. I explained hat ECO should have confirmed directly from Waec if he's in doubt of the authenticity, instead of make assumption that it's  a counterfeit.
Evidence showing that you have or had made contacts with WAEC is not sufficient enough for the AIT to allow your case in this matter. The only way out is for you to correct the anomaly with WAEC before you submit your documents for another application, even with any other organisation whether in Nigeria or outside Nigeria. By the way, how di you get admission if the school in UK did not go through your documents to note the error in your WAEC certificate?

saysth:
b.  I sent to AIT , my Birth Cert to see if that clear the mess .Can somebody tell me if i stand any good chance of winning the appeal despite this complicated  part with the DOB error, because they could easily think it's forgery and in fairness to God, it was just  out of a silly mistake during my registration for weac then, not intentional.
One point you can stand on, is that the ECO did not at any point state expicitly or implicitly that your WAEC certificate was a fake except for the error on your date of birth, that as your name stands on your birth certificate so also it is on your WAEC certificate. That the error was from WAEC.

saysth:
3) I discovered from my First failed Appeal case that a letter was sent to me that I could make any further/ additional written  submission if I wish, That came about few weeks to the date of my hearing. So I intend to contact my lawyer to see if any additional info he can sum up to help this case, and I am asking the house to advise too.
To which case the first appeal or the one now? If it is the first one, I am sure the time for that has long gone. While you press for an appeal hearing on this situation, I do honestly advise you seek for how you can correct the date of birth error on your WAEC certificate rather than exerting more energy on the appeal hearing.

saysth:
Please advise me! I need your advice Mr.Pataki, Ariston , Von,
This is just my simple submission on this matter of yours.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by saysth: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2008
pahtahkee

Thanks for your advice and piece of contribution. But can I ask for your sense of being optimistic with me on this case by press further / consenstrate now with every evidence that can be extracted either from the waec or my additional info,through my solicitor. I think it would sound better that way for now, instead of wait to loose out and later file proof (about my DOB) from waec for fresh application.

I really don't understand what you mean about the 6million worth of naira in my Uncle's personal account, being additional statement of account with his company account, I think this personal info should be enough without even considering the Biz account, not to even mention or think of what you just said about about shareholders & directors putting in writing or signature. What the ECo was dragging at with the his company was the fact that about 3 different transactions (10m) (8m) (8m) were deposited n this company account in a single day. So they querry about the source of the funds, just like you said , but I think they should realize it a business company running Real estate agency, with Cert of Incorporation and Tax Clearance submitted, and just like my Uncle said, he speculates on when to transact on his business and this strongly decides how his account runs.

Come on, Tell me something, I think we need to make this people realize they are on mass sinking mud with thier proof.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 1:09am On Feb 01, 2008
Can someone please answer my query contained in the link below(post #16)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-105918.0.html

I am aware the question doesn't have much to do with travel but as it wasn't answered in the original thread
and this is one of the most read threads I hope to get a response. Please post any answers
in the original thread.

Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 1:13am On Feb 01, 2008
saysth:

pahtahkee
This is Mr. Pataki!

saysth:
Thanks for your advice  and piece of contribution. But can I ask for your sense of being optimistic with me on this case by press further / consenstrate now with every evidence that can be extracted either from the waec or my additional info,through my solicitor. I think it would sound better that way for now, instead of wait to loose out and later file  proof (about my DOB) from waec  for fresh application.

No point in trying to tell you what you want to hear. I would be doing great injustice if I do such. Your solicitor will tell you what you want to hear so that you can pay him/her. Filing an appeal on a case of clear two different date of birth on relevant certificate that pertains to you, should tell you what the outcome would be. What exactly are you appealing against? That WAEC made a mistake on your certificate and therefore, AIT should rule in your favor by granting you visa for entry into the UK?

saysth:
I really don't understand what you mean about the 6million worth of naira in my Uncle's personal account, being additional statement of account with his company account, I think this personal info should be enough without even considering the Biz account, not to even mention or think of what you just said about about shareholders & directors putting in writing or signature.
After reading your rejoinder to my post on your pecuniary circumstance for your application, I can clearly note that you are too biased towards thinking your strong points holds that much weight and validity.

If you knew the 6million naira in your Uncles personal account was enough to convince the ECO about your stay in the UK, why then did you add his company account accruing to the sum of 30 million naira to your application?

saysth:
What the ECo was dragging at with the his company was the fact that about 3 different transactions (10m) (8m) (8m) were deposited n this company account in a single day. So they querry about the source of the funds, just like you said , but I think they should realize it a business company running Real estate agency, with Cert of Incorporation and Tax Clearance submitted, and just like my Uncle said, he speculates on when to transact on his business and this strongly decides how his account runs.

What advantage does submitting a business account hold in an application? Can you please tell me? It may be his business, he may choose whatever time he wants money deposited into his business account, but when submitting it for an application for visa, there are rules to be followed! Haba!

saysth:
Come on, Tell me something, I think we need to make this people realize they are on mass sinking mud with their proof.
I have told you the simple truth. Try any other consulate in Nigeria with the same WAEC certificate and different date of birth on your birth certificate and come here and tell me if you were given the visa!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by princekay1(m): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2008
i am now happy, mr pataki is back!

thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dnative(m): 1:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
Same here

ologini t'ajo de ekute ile para mo   grin

good times of sound advice are here again
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Ariston: 4:06pm On Feb 01, 2008
He is hibernating. I read this thread almost everytime, but like others, I got discouraged over the attitude of the admin on certain issues on this forum.

I hope to stay on for a while though. Sorry I stayed off. Funkybaby, Akolawole, VOR and londoncool will return soon.

Interesting.

However you guys are providing a very valuable public service, this didnt bode well with admin?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tlamp: 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ Ariston

Many thanks for your comments and advice.

I'm very positive that things will out out in my favor and in time too.

I will send the remaining supporting documents especially my sponsor's affidavit (attesting his willingness to sponsor) once I receive the Notice of hearing.

But what other documents can I send to knock off the ECO completely, I dont want to leave traces at all!

Cheers,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2008
@saysth
Pataki is right. You have to sort out the Date of Birth issue as soon as possible.

British officials do not joke with Date of Birth. To them, it represents the identity of an individual. You can be forgiven for a grammatical error in the spelling of name, share similiar physical resemblance with an individual but definately not mistakes in DOB.

Any smart immigration lawyer that knows his onions should know this. I'm surprised you are sharing advice gained here with your lawyer-then what is he being paid for??

Serious greasing some palms at the waec office should help you in correcting the error. You might be surprised that at the day of the hearing, the judge might make no reference to the bogus bank account but lay emphasis on the WAEC certificate issue. The discrepancies in the DOB is the perfect joker for the judge to use.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2008
@saysth
Pataki is right. You have to sort out the Date of Birth issue as soon as possible.

British officials do not joke with Date of Birth. To them, it represents the identity of an individual. You can be forgiven for a grammatical error in the spelling of name, share similiar physical resemblance with an individual but definately not mistakes in DOB.

Any smart immigration lawyer that knows his onions should know this. I'm surprised you are sharing advice gained here with your lawyer-then what is he being paid for??

Serious greasing some palms at the waec office should help you in correcting the error. You might be surprised that at the day of the hearing, the judge might make no reference to the bogus bank account but lay emphasis on the WAEC certificate issue. The discrepancies in the DOB is the perfect joker for the judge to use.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by saysth: 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2008
Mr. Pakaki. ARiston . Funkybaby

I guess you are right with your points.What Mr Ariston said really spurred my spirit that something favourable might come my way at the end of the day ,if possibly I could get to them asap, the acknowledgment letter from waec, letter from the school as a bonifide candidate and any other relevant information.
This is what I want to know maybe this would work better if I should get to them the acknowledgment letter, in which I am processing already.Meanwhile, I want the house to realize the ECO actually seized my weac certificate and this is why I need to fight to finish and clear my ass off this mess, then recliam my certificate back? Who knows maybe they will realize I do not intend to forge or embark on any dubious act as a result of the error, this date is only affected by months(July 7) against (Nov 15) of the same year not year(s) difference.Try to understand.
If you think these points are in any means weight to enhance the case, Do you think I should at this time ask my sponsor, just like TLAMP on this post said (my sponsor's affidavit (attesting his willingness to sponsor) once I receive the Notice of hearing) and probably any additional docs or info you think of.

Thanks Mr. Pakaki. ARiston . Funkybaby
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2008
saysth:

Mr. Pakaki. ARiston . Funkybaby

I guess you are right with your points.What Mr Ariston said really spurred my spirit that something favourable might come my way at the end of the day ,if possibly I could get to them asap, the acknowledgment letter from waec, letter from the school as a bonifide candidate and any other relevant information.
This is what I want to know maybe this would work better if I should get to them the acknowledgment letter, in which I am processing already.Meanwhile, I want the house to realize the ECO actually seized my weac certificate and this is why I need to fight to finish and clear my ass off this mess, then recliam my certificate back? Who knows maybe they will realize I do not intend to forge or embark on any dubious act as a result of the error, this date is only affected by months(July 7) against (Nov 15) of the same year not year(s) difference.Try to understand.
If you think these points are in any means weight to enhance the case, Do you think I should at this time ask my sponsor, just like TLAMP on this post said (my sponsor's affidavit (attesting his willingness to sponsor) once I receive the Notice of hearing) and probably any additional docs or info you think of.

Thanks Mr. Pakaki. ARiston . Funkybaby

I have some salient questions to ask from you. What kind of studying are you going for in the UK? Masters or Undergraduate?

To be honest and sincere with you, I do not think you stand a fair chance of getting your appeal allowed. I suspected the ECO would hold on to your WAEC certificate, as substantial evidence in the event of you appealing against his decision.

Again, I wish to ask, how would you be able to get another WAEC certificate with the correct age on your certificate when the previous one given to you has been witheld by the British High Commission? Now you are appealing against the decision of the ECO with the hope of WAEC issuing a covering letter on your case.

I wish you all the best though.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2008
funkybaby:

@saysth

How you doing funkybaby? Been a while now. Where in the world is Akolawole? I hope all is well with him. I guess he should be around this summer. At least he can wear his buba and shokoto around central london. grin

You are very right here, I still wonder how the applicant did not closely observe the discrepancy with his date of birth on the WAEC certificate.

I even doubt if WAEC will want to re-issue another certificate to him. It will involve a lot of money as well time. Then again, he will have to tell them to change his DoB, then WAEC will tend to get suspicious that something is fishy.

Anyways, hope you are preparing for the rounding up. Na so 1year finish be that oh.
Take care.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Canucklady(f): 11:13pm On Feb 05, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I'm a Canadian, and recently my husband and I made serious attempts to sponsor a dear Nigerian friend of ours to Canada as a student.

She applied to a university here, and was given a letter of acceptance. She put in all her application forms , paid the necessary fee and was given an interview by the Canadian High Commission in Lagos. Giving no reasons, they turned down her application.

Several weeks later, she paid a second fee (Both were $200). This time, she was told they would need a notarized affadivat from my husband and I, stating our net worth, and that we were prepared to give our friend a home and "supervision" while she was in Canada. These were fedexed to the Embassy by our lawyer. Again, her application was turned down with no reasons given.

Repeated phone messages and letters to the High Commission by us failed to get a response from them. Nothing. $400 had been spent by our young friend, and lawyers fees by us to no avail. We repeatedly ran into a brick wall.

Even though the member of parliament for our district in Canada approached the Dept. of Immigration over here for reasons for the turn down, none were given.

My question is, why the runaround by the powers that be in Lagos ?  I understand that the personnel there are Canadian. I am ashamed of my country when it allows itself to be represented in Nigeria by people with so little respect for the rights of the Nigerian people.  A polite response is the very least she deserves for the $400 she sacrificed for their answer.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by meanest(m): 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2008
Please guys, i woul dlike to know which is better:

Appeals sent from the High Commission in Lagos or from the UK. Also if one is refused on grounds of attaching photocopies, could you attach originals in your appeal (they already stated that you should enclose photocopies only).
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2008
meanest:

Please guys, i woul dlike to know which is better:

Appeals sent from the High Commission in Lagos or from the UK. Also if one is refused on grounds of attaching photocopies, could you attach originals in your appeal (they already stated that you should enclose photocopies only).

If you are now willing to send your original documents to the AIT in UK, why did you not do that in the first place when you were applying to the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos?

Do not send the originals. I would suggest you reapply to the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos with your originals. It is simple.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by meanest(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2008
there were other grounds for the refusal- photocopies were just one of the grounds:

1 I submitted a fixed deposit a/c statement of $108,000- they stated however that it would not mature till july 08-but can be terminated b4 then by sponsor to pay for fees

2 They stated that funding of the course will impose additional burden on sponsor(my mother)- even though total cost of course (tuition, accom & maintenance) is 1/3 of amount in her bank statement.

3 They say its not credible that sponsor (with $108,000) will exhaust all her savings (17,500 GBP) to finance studies of her son(myself)

4 I have not demonstrated satisfactorily that such expenditure (by my mum) is commeasurate to any benefits to her.(how do i do that?- she alreaady wrote a letter of sponsorship!!

5 Doubt my true motivation for travelling to UK & my intention to follow proposed course (i still have 2-year family visit visa & been there twice b4 and i came back. How else can i prove my motivation?

6 In view of my domestic circumstances, he questions my motivation for undertaking this course at this time & not clear how this course will be of benefit to me/enhance future prospects. I wrote a 500 word essay in addition to my application on "Why I want to study for an MBA". Listing all the challenges faced as a middle manager and the need to get a business education. My domestic circumstances- I am fully employed at a PMI- salary 1.1m p.a, attached my employment letter,ID.

7 Stated i was last in full time education in 1998-i have not demonstrated that I have sought to enhance my education during this period- I have done CISA & ACCA in between- did not think it necessary to attach results etc.

In the light of the above, what do you advise?

answers please.
thx
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2008
@ meanest,
If all you stated points holds validity, I would then suggest you appeal. In place of the photocopied documents, I would suggest you get a certified true copy from a High court in Nigeria. Even though most of the ECOs point of refusal was based on pecuniary reasons.

For the supposed vacuum years the ECO made mention of, I would suggest you attach all relevant documents ie your ACCA, CISA and anyother certificate you hold in your possession that you think will show how you had taken it on yourself to improve with your education.

Also, your mum will need to write a covering letter stating that she is fully ready and financially responsible to handle your education expenses, that she has been responsible for your education till now, and she is more than motivated to take on the task of furthering your education which you have willingly decided to study in the UK.

If you are not clear about anything else please post it here. I will endeavour to respond to you if I am available.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by viglen: 10:41am On Feb 08, 2008
Pls can any body tell me the importance of submitting sponsor's passport for students visa application, I intend to apply soon and my sponsor is my father, He hasn't travelled out of the country for a very long time, so he doesn't have an IP. He doesnn't intend to travel soon either, my fear is , I f i ask him to go and get one, it will show that He just got it this yr and he hasnt travelled out

Is it really necessary for me to ask him to get one just for the purpose of my visa application?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 11:51am On Feb 08, 2008
viglen:

Please can any body tell me the importance of submitting sponsor's passport for students visa application, I intend to apply soon and my sponsor is my father, He hasn't travelled out of the country for a very long time, so he doesn't have an IP. He doesnn't intend to travel soon either, my fear is , I f i ask him to go and get one, it will show that He just got it this yr and he hasnt travelled out

Is it really necessary for me to ask him to get one just for the purpose of my visa application?
By an IP, I suppose you mean International Passport?

The onus is not on your sponsor to show how credible he/she is, rather it is on you as the applicant to prove it. Now for your sponsors photocopy of passport, it is needed for the following reasons:[list]
[li]To indicate what nationality your sponsor belongs to[/li]
[li]In the case of if your sponsor is abroad, to show what kind of visa status he/she has[/li]
[li]To determine how accurate and credible you are with your application[/li]
[li]To input into their database for future reference[/li]
[/list]
Therefore, it does not matter whether he has travelled out of the country or not, the application is not about him, but about you.

Good luck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jericho: 1:45pm On Feb 08, 2008
[color=#000099][/color]

Hi Guys,

I must say this is a very interesting thread.

I must be frank with you guys getting a visa from these embassies is based on luck. I have gone for an interview where the only question i was asked was to state the meaning of Habeas Corpus a legal term.

As regards the issue of appeals, i have conducted many of whic i have won some and lost some.

Being a lawyer, the 1st thing i do when approached to conduct an appeal is to review the case. In years of doing this, i have found out that most applications are defective.

The ECO's are not stupid or dumb and in most cases they are right in refusing the applications.

I had a case where a student was refused application to go study in the UK. He came to me and after reviewing his file i told him not to even bother appealing the decison cos there was no way in the world the decison of the ECO was to be reveresed on appeal.

Going through the documents submitted, it was obvious the chap was not going there to study.

So my advice to applicants is to submit as little documents as necessary and do away with irrelevant ones. A client in his application submitted a copy his late father's Will!

I have also handled client's genuinely seeking entry into the these countries who have been refused. The truth is most of these were granted visas on appeal.

For those appealing, have it at the back of your mind that the AIT would in most cases upholding the decision of the ECO as relates to finding of facts in respect of the application.

I am willing to be of assistance in any way i can if so required and you can contact me via this thread if you so desire.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2008
@jericho
I do not see anything to learn in this post of yours other than you have succeeded in advertising your services. You be immigration lawyer abi? Just go ahead and post your phone number for the gullible few to contact you.

You are advicing applicants to submit as 'few documents as possible/necessary' Is it in this era that for you to apply for a british passport(if you qualify by date of birth before 31st december 1982), you are asked to bring your mother's antenatal notes,postnatal notes, files, doctors reports and anything to show that the applicant's mother actually went into labour and gave birth in a british hospital? Please do not come here and confuse applicants.

To all applicants-
Submit as many documents as possible. Like what i always say, no document is ever too much for BHC as long as they are genuine.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2008
jericho:

[color=#000099][/color]

Hi Guys,

I must say this is a very interesting thread.
Welcome to the thread.

jericho:
I must be frank with you guys getting a visa from these embassies is based on luck. I have gone for an interview where the only question i was asked was to state the meaning of Habeas Corpus a legal term.
And what does this statement of yours have to do with the thread? What is luck in applying for a visa? You mentioned Habeas Corpus, were you undergoing an illegal imprisonment for you to asked such a question at your so-called embassies? I am really interested in knowing what indentured such a question from the ECO.

jericho:
As regards the issue of appeals, i have conducted many of whic i have won some and lost some.
Thanks for the information. We all know why you posted.

jericho:
Being a lawyer, the 1st thing i do when approached to conduct an appeal is to review the case. In years of doing this, i have found out that most applications are defective.
What else will you do, if you do not review the case at first? [size=14pt]You do not need to be a lawyer before you draft an appeal against a refusal from the ECO! Do not let the likes of Jericho sweep you off with bullshits[/size]

jericho:
The ECO's are not stupid or dumb and in most cases they are right in refusing the applications.
In most cases, ECO's are wrong in refusing honest, genuine and sincere cases of application. Stop importuning for clients here.

jericho:
I had a case where a student was refused application to go study in the UK. He came to me and after reviewing his file i told him not to even bother appealing the decison because there was no way in the world the decison of the ECO was to be reveresed on appeal.
Do you now work as an Immigration Judge at AIT? I am sick and tired of immigration travel dupes like your type who sit infront of the embassies at Walter Carington distributing flyers for those who will always remain ignorant about immigration issues!

jericho:
Going through the documents submitted, it was obvious the chap was not going there to study.
The ECO and AIT can appropiately decide whether the chap was coming to study or not!

jericho:
So my advice to applicants is to submit as little documents as necessary and do away with irrelevant ones. A client in his application submitted a copy his late father's Will!
This is where you give yourself away! Submit little documents as necessary? It is obvious you know very little about immigration matters most especially in respect to the UK. Go and find something else to do. Funkybaby has appropiately answered you far better than I can do on the matter.

jericho:
I have also handled client's genuinely seeking entry into the these countries who have been refused. The truth is most of these were granted visas on appeal.
Who cares about that? Why not drop your business address here, so that the ignorant ones can call you, and you can milk them dry!

jericho:
For those appealing, have it at the back of your mind that the AIT would in most cases upholding the decision of the ECO as relates to finding of facts in respect of the application.
The AIT is not bound to uphold the decision of the ECO at all. It is obvious again, you do not know about appeal procedures at all. I will not belabour myself to teach you here.

jericho:
I am willing to be of assistance in any way i can if so required and you can contact me via this thread if you so desire.
Go and upgrade yourself abeg, before you come here and spit rubbish. You can as well go and learn about Indian immigration and stick to that.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2008
@Jericho

I'm am totally with Mr Pataki and Funky here.

If you go through this thread from a-z you will see that the likes of
myself, Pataki, Funky, Ako, London Cool etc have assisted fellow
forumers without the need to "advertise" what we can do. It is almost like a
public service.

If you wish to add to the number of people doing this then can I suggest you
just get on with it and cut out the long story. If this is not your intention and you
are in fact touting for business then I fear you are in the wrong place.

Funky has already warned those who may well fall for your patter.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by meanest(m): 4:47pm On Feb 08, 2008
mrpataki, VOR, akolawole, and londoncool - for your attention pls. Still on the appeal issue. The bank document I attached for my student visa was a fixed deposit (90 days placement)- the excuse from the ECO was that it was fixed for a certain period and it was not certain if the fundy s will be available to me. My question is this: Do I convince my sponsor to break the deposit and transfer it to current a/c, or for her to write that she will make payment as at when due by the school.

Also, i have paid GBP 1000 to the school as deposit b/4 the refusal, this was mandatory for the school to send me a certificate of acceptance, which i was unable to attach in my documents. Do i pay more money to make a better case for appeal or just leave things as they were.

lastly, the school resumed January 28th, but are still accepting students till feb 15th. Do I appeal before asking for a deferral of admission to september entry, or wait for the appeal to go thru b4 deferral?

your advise pls.

thx Mr Pataki for the last one.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2008
meanest:

mrpataki, VOR, akolawole,  and londoncool - for your attention please. Still on the appeal issue. The bank document I attached for my student visa was a fixed deposit (90 days placement)- the excuse from the ECO was that it was fixed for a certain period and it was not certain if the fundy s will be available to me. My question is this: Do I convince my sponsor to break the deposit and transfer it to current a/c, or for her to write that she will make payment as at when due by the school.

Also, i have paid GBP 1000 to the school as deposit b/for the refusal, this was mandatory for the school to send me a certificate of acceptance, which i was unable to attach in my documents. Do i pay more money to make  a better case for appeal or just leave things as they were.

lastly, the school resumed January 28th, but are still accepting students till feb 15th. Do I appeal before asking for a deferral of admission to september entry, or wait for the appeal to go through before deferral?

your advise please.

thx Mr Pataki for the last one.
You are most welcome for the appreciation.
1). There is no need for the deposit breaking and depositing it in her account.
2). Yes she should write a letter stating that she is more than willing to take on your expenses as at when due.
3). No need to pay more money to the school. Do not even pay anything again. Ask for the refund of your money.
4). Whichever choice you make, you cannot make the admission for this January, I will suggest you ask for a deferral till next year, while also pursuing your appeal immediately.

The appeal process will take close to a year to pull through. Although if you have capacity for a legal representative in the UK, it may take less than a year for your appeal to pull thorugh, then you can request for a September admission. But if not that, request for a deferral till next year January when your appeal pulls through.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by meanest(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2008
mr Pataki,

thanks ever so much 4 ur advise(adupe sir). As regards the appeal, shd I send it from BHC or loughborough? i read on the AIT website that it takes a bit longer from loughborough.

God bless
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by meanest(m): 7:03pm On Feb 08, 2008
also do u have a draft letter of appeal lying around somewhere?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2008
meanest:

mr Pataki,

thanks ever so much 4 your advise(adupe sir). As regards the appeal, should I send it from BHC or loughborough? i read on the AIT website that it takes a bit longer from loughborough.

God bless
Dont mind what you read on AIT, I will advice you send it to AIT directly. BHC are quite useless at times with those application forwarding to Loughborough.

Arrghhhhhhh, for the draft appeal, in all sincerity, I don't do it on nairaland again. I will only advice that you take each paragraph of the refusal note as stated by the ECO and address every issue in each paragraph seriatim objectively.

All the best.

Please cut the sir on me oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.