Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,444 members, 7,861,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:36 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277910 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tlamp: 9:01am On Feb 09, 2008
Peeps in d house,

In my Refusal letter, the ECO stated that my sponsor's documents stood largely in isolation as evidence of his financial circumstances and that in d absence of any other Business, income or origin of funds he wasn't satisfied that this presents a true reflection of his finances.

Question is: what exactly does the ECO mean by origin of funds, income, or other business? Because during my application I submitted my Sponsor's Business Registration papers, Bank statements, letter of contract award (he gets contracts from the state govt), landed property deeds.

I'm now in d process of appealing and I want to win d case so i need to know what documents to send this time to drown the ECO and time aint on my side.

RESPONSES please, Mr. pataki, VOR, Funkybaby, etc,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 10:19am On Feb 09, 2008
tlamp:

Peeps in d house,

In my Refusal letter, the ECO stated that my sponsor's documents stood largely in isolation as evidence of his financial circumstances and that in d absence of any other Business, income or origin of funds he wasn't satisfied that this presents a true reflection of his finances.

Question is: what exactly does the ECO mean by origin of funds, income, or other business? Because during my application I submitted my Sponsor's Business Registration papers, Bank statements, letter of contract award (he gets contracts from the state govt), landed property deeds.

I'm now in d process of appealing and I want to win d case so i need to know what documents to send this time to drown the ECO and time aint on my side.

RESPONSES please, Mr. pataki, VOR, Funkybaby, etc,
Did you submit Payslips, Pay cheques, even though he is contract staff, I am sure there must be evidence to show who pays him/her. That is what the ECO meant by the origin of funds, income or other business, standing in isolation. You have to show how he/she came about about the money in his/her account. Not just presenting a bank account with millions of naira resting in it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by endyco: 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2008
I was allowed appeal on the 29th of novemver 2007 and till date I have not heard a word from the BHC Abuja based on this appeal and i have emailed the severally but they didnt reply. pls I need your advice on what next step I have to take also as my appeal was allowed does it mean that the embassy will have to issue me a visa? secondly I reapplied for a visa while this appeal was still in process and was denied . will it affect this appeal that has been allowed?

RESPONSES please, Mr. pataki, VOR, Funkybaby, etc
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2008
endyco:

I was allowed appeal on the 29th of novemver 2007 and till date I have not heard a word from the BHC Abuja based on this appeal and i have emailed the severally but they didnt reply. please I need your advice on what next step I have to take also as my appeal was allowed does it mean that the embassy will have to issue me a visa? secondly I reapplied for a visa while this appeal was still in process and was denied . will it affect this appeal that has been allowed?

RESPONSES please, Mr. pataki, VOR, Funkybaby, etc
What you are asking has been answered in this very thread time after time. Take time to read through the whole thread!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by endyco: 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2008
I have gone through it a number of times but still dont know the answer to the question. that fact that the appeal has been allowed does it mean that the BHC has no option order than to give issue me a visa no matter the circumstances at head? and still i dont know wht to do since the BHC has not conacted me. do i have to continue waiting
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by endyco: 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2008
will be glad if you just advise me on this issue one more time pls pahtahkee, vor
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2008
What kind of visa did you appeal for? Was it the same kind of visa you applied for again?

Have you changed your contact address at the moment? You are giving out scanty information and you expect something tangible for information.

It is possible that the mobile no you dropped as at when you applied is different from the mobile no you are using now.

I can not give a correct answer to your enquiries as I do not know what your case is all about. However, I would state that you contact the AIT once again to inquire whether Home Office decided to appeal against the decision of the Immigration Judge.

But answer my questions above. It is possible that you applied for a student visa for Sept and you expect BHC to contact you in January for your visa, that is not possible!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ernal(m): 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2008
Please does anyone has any useful tips on applying for a visa for the purpose of Conference as a student,I hear the chances are slim but do anyone have any information,Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by missphil(f): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2008
Hi!  I know this is not the ideal thread for this question but this thread seems to have the most activity relating to UK visas - my other half applied for a visa in December and like to know how long it is taking to process visas.  I think he has applied for a normal tourist visa but possibly also a business visa in order to travel to the UK.  I just don't understand why it is taking so long for him to hear about his visa - it has been nearly eight weeks!! Has anyone had any similar experience??  Grateful for any advice you can offer,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2008
@missphil
Which of the visas did your partner apply for? Tourist or business? You sound like you are not sure. Anyway, if its tourist, it ordinarily should not take more than 2weeks. Am not sure about the duration of business visas but these days, with the introduction of VFS, the whole process is fast tracked.

Tell your partner to call this VFS number 33505 during working hours. Its a premium number - charges 50 naira per minute. He should be ready to quote his passport number, full name and date of birth once the call goes through. He should then ask them the status of his application.

I hope you find this helpful.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2008
@missphil
Which of the visas did your partner apply for? Tourist or business? You sound like you are not sure. Anyway, if its tourist, it ordinarily should not take more than 2weeks. Am not sure about the duration of business visas but these days, with the introduction of VFS, the whole process is fast tracked.

Tell your partner to call this VFS number 33505 during working hours. Its a premium number - charges 50 naira per minute. He should be ready to quote his passport number, full name and date of birth once the call goes through. He should then ask them the status of his application.

I hope you find this helpful.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by missphil(f): 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2008
funkybaby,

Thank you so very much for your advice! I will call him and advise him to make this call to hear what has happened, I suspect he may have been declined.

Thanks again smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 10:25pm On Feb 10, 2008
Thanks funkybaby,
I know you are more versatile with the BHC peeps. grin How you dey? Got your message. Have a nice Thursday.
Been busy of late.

Where is Akolawole, and Londoncool? Most especially Akolawole!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 8:14am On Feb 11, 2008
@funkbaby and Mr Pataki

Ese o jare smiley smiley wink winkfor the right answer ti e fun mumu wey dey con parade himself as the all knowing for here!

@Jericho:
Try some other forum, u fit get luck, cause I can imagine the number of people wey dey send curses on u for d stupid and daft post u wrote!Yeye Immigration mugun ni e men! grin grin grin

Some can spit rubbish and stupid stuffs sha! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tlamp: 9:37am On Feb 11, 2008
Did you submit Payslips, Pay cheques, even though he is contract staff, I am sure there must be evidence to show who pays him/her. That is what the ECO meant by the origin of funds, income or other business, standing in isolation. You have to show how he/she came about about the money in his/her account. Not just presenting a bank account with millions of naira resting in it.

@ Mr. Pataki

Thank you for ur prompt response. I will work on getting his pay cheques and other evidence of income. Another reason given by d ECO is that sponsoring me will impose an additional burden on my sponsor since he is responsible for other people-his two young kids 2) ECO stated that the bank statement submitted was in his company name and he is not convinced he has access to these funds.

Question is: 1)I have told him to do an affidavit attesting his willingness to sponsor, but will that be enough?
2)I also have a letter from his bank confirming him as the sauthorized signatory to this account, Am I good to go?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2008
tlamp:

@ Mr. Pataki

Thank you for your prompt response. I will work on getting his pay cheques and other evidence of income. Another reason given by d ECO is that sponsoring me will impose an additional burden on my sponsor since he is responsible for other people-his two young kids 2) ECO stated that the bank statement submitted was in his company name and he is not convinced he has access to these funds.

Question is: 1)I have told him to do an affidavit attesting his willingness to sponsor, but will that be enough?
2)I also have a letter from his bank confirming him as the sauthorized signatory to this account, Am I good to go?
Sir,
For your 2 questions, it is only the ECO that can decide on that. But repeatedly we have stated here that company bank account are not the best in tendering for an application. It often times results in refusal of visas most especially to the UK. Why? Please peruse this very thread for answers.

One thing I could suggest is that he trys to do a breakdown of all his financial spendings just to show how he can successfully accomodate your sponsorship to the UK alongside his 2kids that he has on his hands. Also he has to state why he is so willing to sponsor you. Try and search out for a nairaland member on this forum by the name Paribus. He has a post and thread which excellently dealt with how to apply for a UK visa.

All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ Akolawole, VOR and Londoncool,
I miss you guys here oh. I long for the times I can argue out UK immigration issues with you all. Please endeavour to come around once in a while. It is only funkybaby I see around here, even with that she no dey respond to me embarassed cheesy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2008
@pataki

Lol. Am here now. Sorry for not responding earlier. I'm doing good but i cant wait to be back home.

Akolawole will be back soon-you know him and his sabbatical. I miss his imput in this thread as well.

VOR-Hmmm, i think he is a silent observer. But i also wish he could post more often.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2008
@pataki

Lol. Am here now. Sorry for not responding earlier. I'm doing good but i cant wait to be back home.

Akolawole will be back soon-you know him and his sabbatical. I miss his imput in this thread as well.

VOR-Hmmm, i think he is a silent observer. But i also wish he could post more often.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2008
Yeah you are right. These days I wonder what VOR is up to. Imagine he came here asking what does ''Omotoyosi'' mean cheesy Me thinks he is on an exploration of Nigerian names. I guess another one is rolling in again cheesy cheesy

Subsequently he will come back and post after his exploration on Nigerian names. cheesy

Oga VOR, return quick quick oh.

As for Akolawole baba, I heard he just got a contract with Chelsea, cheesy grin thats why he left us all here, make we dey battle with UK matters all alone.

Londoncool, I think he is busy with his. . . . . .  lipsrsealed My mouth no fit talk am. cheesy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by princekay1(m): 7:19am On Feb 16, 2008
funkbaby, Akolawole and Mr Pataki pls advise

I will be grateful if you can advise me on the case of my younger sister.

She applied for UK visa (6months) 4 times last year but got refused altogether with the last one as appeal. she pursued the appeal but was sent a dismisssed letter about 2months ago. Now she wants to reapply with a new passport (with same name but different DOB, State of Origin, and other details; the only info she retains while processing the new passport is her full names). Pls what is the risk involved in this? Please note that she did not go through any form of finger print screening during her applications.

I am giving her my Statement (the same a/c she used for the 4 previous applications with the old passport). what is the implication for me? (I currently do not have UK visa). Can it work at all without the embassy detecting that she's the one applying? PLS ADVISE!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 9:45am On Feb 16, 2008
princekay1:

funkbaby, Akolawole and Mr Pataki please advise

I will be grateful if you can advise me on the case of my younger sister.

She applied for UK visa (6months) 4 times last year but got refused altogether with the last one as appeal. she pursued the appeal but was sent a dismisssed letter about 2months ago. Now she wants to reapply with a new passport (with same name but different DOB, State of Origin, and other details; the only info she retains while processing the new passport is her full names). Please what is the risk involved in this? Please note that she did not go through any form of finger print screening during her applications.

I am giving her my Statement (the same a/c she used for the 4 previous applications with the old passport). what is the implication for me? (I currently do not have UK visa). Can it work at all without the embassy detecting that she's the one applying? PLS ADVISE!
4 times of refusal! shocked shocked Wow, she has tried oh. Paying 20 something thousand naira for each application X4= 80K + miscellaneous~~~Close to 100K!

Well, if I were to be wicked on you, I would tell you that she should go ahead and apply. But I am not so. She should NEVER try such with the British High Commission! They will know. How they will know?, I am sorry I can not disclose such details on the web. But you can google it out.

I have a friend who tried such a feat that your sister wants to perform now, and he was detected easily. His new passport was disfigured with another refusal stamp and placed on their blacklist. Why is your sister that desperate for just a 6 months tourists visa undecided Haba!

Anyway, I can see you will still want to try it out, please endeavour to come back on the forum and tell us how it went. Are you not the same person making enquiries as to free tuition paying schools in Europe? Oh yeah! I recollect you are the one.

I wish you goodluck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 10:58am On Feb 16, 2008
@Princekay1
[b]Dont even try it![/b]Britis High Commission will detect so easily and she will forever be banned form entering the UL from Nigeria! cool cool cool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by princekay1(m): 4:15am On Feb 18, 2008
thanks for the advice. but whats the implication of using same a/c. my sister is ready to submit the application on Wed but i'm about to change my mind about giving her the statement; its already a controversy now.

is there any implication for me acting as her sponsor? can it affect me at the long run if eventually have business with the UK embassy (though i dont have any right now).

thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bowa(m): 11:14am On Feb 18, 2008
@ Funkybaby
Hello ma,i was very hurt when i saw your post saying all sort.Well i blame u on one part,while on the other hand i won't.Maybe there are dubious people in the house or maybr you've been duped or something.Nevertheless,u don't paint someone black if you've not seen or hear any bad thing.I want you to realise thousands of people visit this forum,aw do u want them to feel about me,a cheat or wat.I don't have any skeleton in my cupboard.I'm a very free person and aswell emotional.I can't count the numbers of the God has given solution to their problems through me.My sister,it's not all about money.I'll appreciate if you can make ur findings about my service.
I must confess to you,i'm not trying to win ur heart,but i felt very bad and disappointed. I recieve call from people everyday asking for one thing or the other,and to the best of my knowledge i try to answer any question.So what is the meaning of wat u said.Remember wat goes around come around, How will u feel if u were in my shoes and someone is saying all these about u?obviously you'll feel bad.I beg you, kindly stop all these embarrasment.You are free to say anything if only u have a proof.

Thank you and stay blessed.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by chika98: 5:25am On Feb 19, 2008
shocked shocked Things ppl are going through just to get a visa! Am glad I'm not in you guys shoes. No pun intended!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by laoura(f): 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
Kola,

I know that your are a gur in matters that relate to immigrattion pls can you advise me on this:

I got married on the 10th of March, 2007. I applied for American non immigrant Visa on the 9th of October, 2007; i had problems in getting a new passport in my new name because of the new machine readable passport introduced to Nigeria sometimes last year. I had to use my old passport for the application which still carried my maiden name then, but in the application form, there is a question which ask you to state whether you are married or single, i clicked on Single because i didn’t have my new passport to show my new name. I was denied based on the fact that i have no family ties.

I got my new passport on the 15th of October, 2007. And Today, 20th February, 2008, my husband and i applied for a non immigrant visa to spend the forth Easter holiday.

I was asked when i got married and i told the interviewer the truth which is 10th March, 2007. She said i lied on my first form which is a federal document and therefore i might have problems getting visa in future.

I'm not bothered about getting the visa any more, i know USA visa is not a do or die thing, all am bothered about is my name being tarnished as someone engaged in fraudulent activities. Pls what do i do to correct this image?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by neksbabay(f): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2008
Good day people,

This thread is wonderful. Please could you help me out! Its over[b] 65 working days [/b]

since my student visa appeal was allowed. i have called and mailed the BHC Lagos and

they keep telling me they have not received a copy of the determination from the Home

office. What do i do next as my place will be kept for me at the unitill 29th of this

month. Is there any one i can contact here at the BHc lagos or the Home office in

the UK that will hasten this issue. And if i have to take a copy of the determination to thier

office in Victoria Island, who do i ask for and who do i address the envelope to. thanks

alot
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2008
@neksbabay
Are you really serious that you have till 29th (next friday) or you lose the school's offer?? What have you been doing all these while? You should have dropped a copy of the determination long before now with BHC. You do not need to place it in any envelope or address anything to anyone. Just make photocopy of the determination and drop the copy with the security men/receptionist @ BHC, Walter Carrington. Also call AIT, and tell them to send you and BHC another copy of the determination. There's the email address of the home office somewhere in this thread. Search for it and mail them. If you do not act fast, bhc might call you long after the school has withdrawn its offer. BHC might ask you to bring a valid admission letter and if you do not have it-you forfeit the visa-it does not matter if you won the appeal.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by neksbabay(f): 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2008
Thanks alot . I'll be there tomorrow morning to drop the determination. I was actually

waiting for the 56 working days to pass as in the previous thread i read "you cant

force the bhc to attend to you". I made several calls and sent mails. i even had to call the

ait to find out if my appeal was contested - they said n[b]o[/b] and that it was left to the

home office to get in touch with the bhc and not them, that they have forwarded the

determination to the home office. i have gotten in touch with my school for an intake for

april and the will be sending a new acceptance letter soon.

secondly [i][/i]

My boyfriend and i will be getting married at a registry this saturday in lagos, he has his

ILR(he lives in london). when i am called for my student visa do i need to give them this

information. He hopes to join me in the uk probably in may (he came for his stepmums

funeral), which means we wont be living together till then.

what docs will i need to present for a flr and how soon do i apply for it.

thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by emonkey(m): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2008
Strange topic but it does look rather popular . However can any of the legal eagles tell me what is difference between "removal" and "deportation" ; and under what circumstances can a person who has suffered either be permitted a visa again ? I have a HSMP neighbour who was removed for overstaying 2 years.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2008
@neksbabay
Alright then. If the school is willing to send you another letter for april then you should have no problem. I still advice you send an email to the home office stating that bhc is claiming that they are still yet to receive their copy of the determination.

Regarding you and your fiance, honestly i do not know too much regarding immigration laws relating to newly weds. Akolawole and VOR have more expertise in this. However, on the second or third page of this thread, they explained the ILR, FLR, the process involved, etc. You should go through it-you might learn some things there.

Your case is kinda unique. In the next few months, you will have a student visa that will allow you work for just 20hrs but if you apply for the marriage visa, you get 2years with no hindrances to work after which if you show sufficient ties to your husband, you will be given ILR. However, i think you should let BHC know that you are married when you are called upon for your visa. They should document this so that when you later file for marriage status, you wont be accused of lying or failing to disclose this when you got the student visa. They might take into consideration the date on your wedding certificate and the issue date of your student visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.