Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276381 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2007
funkybaby:

@ VOR

Please,i have another question, Please explain 'Right of Abode'. Is it similar to ILR? My boyfriend told me that another alternative to the contract marriage is if he stays in UK for 5years, he can then qualify for Right of Abode and he said it is a big step to getting the British Citizenship. How true is this?

Funkybaby,

The right of abode(ROA) is often mixed up by people with ILR. They are different.
In most cases to qualify for a ROA you already have to be a UK citizen
by any of the various methods. ( I wont list them all) or you are a Commonwealth citizen
whose parent was born in the UK prior to 31/12/1982.

People who normally qualify for a ROA apply for it as a matter of convenience whilst travelling
if they are doing so on a non-eu passport.A good example is my case, I am a UK citizen by birth but if
I am travelling to Nigeria or the ECOWAS community I will use my Nigerian passport. If I had to
use my Nigerian passport to return to the Uk I would require a visa but rather than go through the hassle
of getting one each time, I have a ROA endorsed in my Nigerian passport. Of course I could use my UK passport
to travel back here if I wished. Some people who have the ROA and are entitled to a UK passport have just not
bothered applying for it (UK passport) for various reasons.

In answer to your final question, from what you have told me so far I cannot see how your b/f can qualify for a ROA.
There is no provision under the rules for the grant of ROA merely on length of residence.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 12:02am On Jan 07, 2007
@ VOR

Wow! Thanks a lot for the clarification. God bless you. I have learnt so much already. Please, (i do hope i am not asking for too much), kindly explain the HSMP scheme. Is it really given to those who meet it's requirements? Secondly, can Estate/Project/Facilities Management as a profession be categorised under the 'shortage occupation'? Are there good career prospects in this profession in UK? Regarding job opportunities with reputable firms, etc.  Thank you very much.

@f6
People make mistakes, Its amazing what we can learn in life from other people's experiences. Well,its too late to start crying over spilt milk and the earlier we think of a solution the better. I think there should be some regulatory body based in UK where you can LODGE A COMPLAINT about what BHC has done to you. I guess you still have a copy of the email you sent to them and a copy of the reply they sent back to you asking you to WAIT. I advice you write to AIT, write to Home Office @ UK, infact,if its possible write to Tony Blair. State everything that has transpired between BHC and you. They should be able to do something that will allow the appeal decision to be valid for September 2007. What BHC has done is simply not fair, Why wait till 2days after the expiration of the letter to call you It is so annoying! Browse the internet and search for the e-mail of the home office (BHC's 'oga patapata') and state your case. They should let you know your fate, whether you have to make a fresh student visa application or not. But i strongly advice you take up this issue SERIOUSLY with BHC. They are ruining people's aspirations and destroying destinys with their wicked attitudes and decisions. Please act fast. You should have written these letters months ago(you had the decision august 2006, messed up by BHC october 2006,we are in january 2007), Please,keep the house posted of any new development. Best of luck!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2007
@ loverBwoy,
Maybe you need to understand technicalities in words when they are being used. In short please refer to the statement in which you are now quoting me to understand better. The same mrpataki as well said the visa thing is a 50/50 thing. I said the UK visa is a scam, maybe you have to understand that a SCAM means a rip-off, an avenue of cheating, a swindle, trick,in believing that travelling to the UK is easy and that life there is very easy over too.

Not to even talk of certain irregularities that follow as well with it, which i can not even divulge here for security reasons.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by f6(m): 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2007
@ funkybaby

thanks for the advice, i really hope i'd be a bit lucky about the whole thing, I have lodged complains to the AIT & the HOME OFFICE, & they'v moved me from desk to desk, finally i'v been asked to lodge a complain to the UK VISA POLICY SECTION whom they claim are in charge of such matters.

But of course if i had waited all this while i'd probably hav been stigmatized by the "No School, go re-take jamb syndrome", so if it works out hopefully, it's use wudn't be too relevant again, because i immediately decided to further my studies, it wud then be basically for hols, I cud do wit I.T ther too, which ever way,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sexychica: 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2007
i have been refused  d uk visa 4 times 1st time was 4 a student visa for undergaduate study and 3 other times were 4 visits, i have just graduated and would be applying 4 my masters this year,do i still stand a chance of getting a visa?if so what r my chances?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2007
@Funkybaby

I cant trace the query again but i believe people have spoken well.

I will appreciate if u can copy and paste.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2007
funkybaby:

@ VOR

Wow! Thanks a lot for the clarification. God bless you. I have learnt so much already. Please, (i do hope i am not asking for too much), kindly explain the HSMP scheme. Is it really given to those who meet it's requirements? Secondly, can Estate/Project/Facilities Management as a profession be categorised under the shortage occupation? Are there good career prospects in this profession in UK? Regarding job opportunities with reputable firms, etc.  Thank you very much.

Funky,

Your query about the HSMP is an all encompassing one and probably too wide for me to cover here. I would suggest
you browse the website I have already provided to you, paying particular attention to the working in the UK section.
If you still have any queries on any particular aspects of the scheme then I  or I am sure other forumers here will do our best
to answer them.

I can however say that the scheme is genuine and I know at least two Nigerians personally who are here on the HSMP. One is
an accountant and the other a lab technician.

As to your question about the career prospects of certain management professions I really can't answer that with any authority
because I do not know.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2007
@ VOR
Ok then. Thanks a lot. I have been really busy lately, i checked the links you gave me briefly but before the end of this week, i will take out time to read and understand everything. I will post my questions then in case i need any clarifications. Thanks once again.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2007
@ VOR
Ok then. Thanks a lot. I have been really busy lately, i checked the links you gave me briefly but before the end of this week, i will take out time to read and understand everything. I will post my questions then in case i need any clarifications. Thanks once again.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2007
@ akolawole
so sorry. i'm just seeing your post. i am not on my computer right now, so i cant copy and paste my questions as you requested. I'll get it done tomorrow. Thanks!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2007
@ sexychica
Four visa denials? Seems you've been enjoying donating money in form of visa fees to BHC. There must be some nagging issues that has repeated itself in each of the refusals that you have refused to address. It is better you convince the ECO on these issues before you make any further visa application. Even after doing this, i advise you pay over half, if not all your school fees to the university in one installment. I say this because of the 'peculiarity' of your case. Best of luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sexychica: 10:33pm On Jan 10, 2007
@funkybaby
thanx a lot 4 d reply,im very grateful but how do i go about convincing the"ECO"?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2007
@ sexychica

you are welcome. kindly state here the reasons given by the ECO in each of the visa refusals. this is the only way i can advice you on how to correct your mistakes and convince the ECO.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2007
@akolawole

VOR and mrpataki have been really helpful. They have explained almost everything to me. I just need a little explaination on the HSMP scheme. Is it really given to those who meet it's requirements? Secondly, can Estate/Project/Facilities Management as a profession be categorised under the 'shortage occupation'? Are there good career prospects in this profession in UK? Regarding job opportunities with reputable firms, etc. Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2007
@ Funkybaby,
To the above questions of yours, the answer is NO.
Even when your documents have been screened over there in Sheffield, and you were approved, it is not automatic to you been issued a visa here from the High Commission. You will still have to fulfill their requirements here as well.

As well to the shortage occupation thing, i dont think Estate Management fits in with it.
Here is a link to help you out further:
http://www.ukvisaservices.co.uk/immigration/uk/workpermits/shortage_occupations/
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2007
@Mr Pataki

Thanks

I have 3 people refused already, one of them is a Bank manager who is a regular visitor to UK.

People forget the differece between Work Permit and Visa.

Can we look at these issues:

1) Why do UK government stop our Nurses?

2) Why are they stopping the treachers now?

3) Why do they change the HSMP rules suddengly?

The simple reason according to critics of Mr Blair's immigration policy is the influx of people via the mentioned categories is creating heavy SECONDARY immigration.

That is one qualify Nurses/Teachers or Highly skilled migrant will be followed by heaps of DEPENDANTS, thereby putting pressure on NHS etc.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2007
@ Akolawole,
Thanks for the enlightment, was happy to hear those information.
I must say that even the HSMP in the UK now is greater stress. I presently have a case in which a man after getting the HSMP and is presently in the UK working even though Job there which is popularly referred to as Just On Bills was quite hard to get. He had to settle for a lesser job than that which normally matches his status here, but hes living comfortably anyways.
The story is that after a year of working, to renew the HSMP he was given just a year unlike the 3-4 years that usually accompany it.
So whats my point, the UK immigration are making it even more difficult now to enter/work in the UK!

I have cases here of people still trying to secure their visa even after winning the HSMP.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 10:00am On Jan 15, 2007
@MrPataki

Are you a visa agent?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sexychica: 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2007
@ funkybaby
hi whats up i cant seem to find any of my refusal letters what do u suggest i do?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2007
@ Akolawole,
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Your question sounds like are you into visa racketeering?
The answer to your question is NO! Sir.

But i do help people out.  Just on a plain and honest scale. At least. Just like the puzzle i get from BHC and trying to look for loopholes in getting at them.
They stimulate my brain! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:43am On Jan 17, 2007
Now back to the original post and the main reason why i started this thread,
My sister's visiting visa appeal case has been allowed. ie. She won the appeal. Good news though considering the fact that we have been on this since July 2006. We are only waiting for 28days to elapse before we begin 'harassing' BHC with calls,emails to implement the judge's decision by placing the visa on her passport.
A million thanks once again to VOR, akolawole, mrpataki and londoncool for all your advice and detailed explainations.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2007
Congrats funkybaby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish you all the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2007
@ funkybaby,@Mr Pataki and @Akolawole,

Thank you so much for your advice

im happy to tell you that my appeal has been granted and the school has sent a late enrolment letter to me till january 9th.

my question is what do i do next?
and also how do i count the 28 days?

please my good people of nairaland, kindly reply so that i can proceed.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2007
@ mrpataki
thanks o!

@ muyiwabank
congratulations! It seems this is the season of testimonies and visa breakthroughs. To God be all the Glory. I think 28days start counting from the date the decision was sent to you and the home office via post. You can confirm this date by calling or mailing AIT. I think you should not wait till then since your school is already enrolling and you are almost late. I advise you go personally to BHC with all your documents and the enrollment extension letter and state your case. You can also email the AIT to ask their own advice since BHC can be a little slow sometimes. Also inform the school on the status of your case and plead for more time, You have been on this since 2005. There's always an exception to the rule. Just act fast, do not wait for the call from the embassy. Best of luck.

@sexychica
my dear, i cannot give you any advice since you have not stated nor summarised the contents of all your refusal letters. you should have kept those letters in a safe place. BHC still has theirs, So they will definitely refer to them in any subsequent visa application you make. four visa refusals is just too much. there is some issue you are not addressing, so do try and get your refusal letters. I doubt if BHC will give you another copy, Best of luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2007
@ mrpataki
thanks o!

@ muyiwabank
congratulations! It seems this is the season of testimonies and visa breakthroughs. To God be all the Glory. I think 28days start counting from the date the decision was sent to you and the home office via post. You can confirm this date by calling or mailing AIT. I think you should not wait till then since your school is already enrolling and you are almost late. I advise you go personally to BHC with all your documents and the enrollment extension letter and state your case. You can also email the AIT to ask their own advice since BHC can be a little slow sometimes. Also inform the school on the status of your case and plead for more time, You have been on this since 2005. There's always an exception to the rule. Just act fast, do not wait for the call from the embassy. Best of luck.

@sexychica
my dear, i cannot give you any advice since you have not stated nor summarised the contents of all your refusal letters. you should have kept those letters in a safe place. BHC still has theirs, So they will definitely refer to them in any subsequent visa application you make. four visa refusals is just too much. there is some issue you are not addressing, so do try and get your refusal letters. I doubt if BHC will give you another copy, Best of luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2007
@ mrpataki
thanks o!

@ muyiwabank

@sexychica
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2007
Muyiwabank.

Funkybaby is right. Do NOT wait for the 28 days, request they grant you the visa straight away.
They don't of course have to give it to you and they can and probably will insist on the time for appeal to lapse.
There is no harm in trying, all they can say is no.

Also, I note that you stated the school you will be attending has given you till 9/1/07 to enrol.
Is that correct? If it is then you will definitely have to approach your school and obtain a letter
from them stating they are still willing to accept you on your course for this year.
The ECO can still refuse you your visa if your circumstances have changed to your detriment.
The fact you no longer have a valid letter of acceptance is a perfect excuse for them not to grant you the visa
so bear this in mind.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 6:42am On Jan 18, 2007
@VOR,

Thanks for your response.

they sent the letter of late enrolment to me via email i.e scanned copy.

can i use this at the BHC?

Akolawole Baba,

I need your advice on this.

please i am waitingggggggggggggggggggggggg
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2007
all the experts in the house, pls respond to my question

can i use the scanned enrolment letter?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2007
muyiwabank:

all the experts in the house, please respond to my question

can i use the scanned enrolment letter?

Read my last post again, particularly para 2.
If you have a letter giving you till 9/1/07 to enrol
(today is 18/01/07) then you stand a good
chance of being refused a visa regarless of your
appeal success because you do not have a valid acceptance letter.

Get the university to e-mail you or the BHC if necessary confirming
they are willing to keep your place open until some date in the future.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2007
@VOR,

Do u know something about the complicated british immigration rules?,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2007
Imani:

@VOR,

Do u know something about the complicated british immigration rules?,

A bit more than the average man in the street.
Why do you ask?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (116)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.