Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277909 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Neaksbaby

Well,  I thought we have genuinely offered you advice you require.

Lagos BHC office is the busiest UK mission in the world.

Judges (via AIT) sent at least 2 decisions, one to either party.

Yours come directly to you or and via your lawyer.

The embassy's one is sent to Angel square and the place is ALWAYS  short-staffed. Later on sent to HO for recording purpose. London office in collaboration with Naija ECO look at the decision to decide if there is need to contest it. All these goes on while you've already throw a party of your success.

Please follow the advice given to you few days ago.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by McOmo(m): 1:02am On Feb 27, 2008
@Pataki_T

I wonder what Ariston has done . . . so much that u and Funkybabe will turn ur marital aggressions on him shocked

did u really read thru all he was saying ? me got some vital points from what he was saying[b] PLUS HE WASNT THAT RUDE OR WAS HE ? undecided[/b]

@Funkybaby

the baby wey u born for Pataki don suppose dey get teeth by naw abi na wetin ? grin

@Akola

u are on ur own ! tongue
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:04am On Feb 27, 2008
@Mc Murphy

Marital aggression,,,, That na advanced english o.

Leave my people alone.

Dont you think Nairaland is good, people don connect well well.

Your own go come in Jesus name(Amen)
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by McOmo(m): 3:51am On Feb 27, 2008
leave ur people alone ? when in actual fact I pray for them 24/7 ? especially as paTaki is a fellow gunner ? cheesy

abeg nothing do them jare . . .I no just understand why dem decide to face Ariston the way dem do shocked

as per my own connection coming via Nland; I REJECT IT IN JESUS NAME ! grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 8:33am On Feb 27, 2008
@Funkybaby!
You are most welcome!
Nursing Pataki's baby keeee! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin!

@Pataki!
U know tell me that ooooo!My lips are sealed ooooo, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed!

@Akolawole!
I don hear u bros!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 8:56am On Feb 27, 2008
@Mc Omo

It seems you did not take time to read carefully the posts made by ariston.

The guy's posts are really twisted and it takes more than two readings to decipher what he is trying to say and also see the indirect insults the idiot was dishing out to me.

How can someone with a twisted mind like that of ariston come here and tell me he wants to give me 'parental suggestions' and then make reference to my age and create the impression that i am his subordinate. Dem swear for am?

I do not take such sh*t from jackasses like him.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 9:05am On Feb 27, 2008
@Funkba
Ariston didnt say parental,the attention seeker said PATERNAL,which really got me angry!
I hate people who are without making any meaning ful impact and you are already imposing urself!
Paternal ko Patent ni! grin grin grin
Let sleeping dog lie, he has said he wont come back and mean while Ariston you are free to come back ooo at least no be us get the forum and the woner never an u ! grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2008
@akolawole

The VFS envelope only has the date the application was assessed by the ECO. This date is the same as the date the visa becomes valid (in a case where the application was successful) or the date of the refusal stamp on the passport.

I guess the best thing to do is to email BHC to clarify when exactly the deadline to appeal starts counting.

I will send you an email later today on some issues.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by neksbabay(f): 10:51am On Feb 27, 2008
hello ariston. could you email me on neksbabay@yahoo.com
thanks everyone
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 10:52am On Feb 27, 2008
Mc Omo:

@Pataki_T

I wonder what Ariston has done . . . so much that u and Funkybabe will turn your marital aggressions on him shocked

did u really read through all he was saying ? me got some vital points from what he was saying[b] PLUS HE WASNT THAT RUDE OR WAS HE ? undecided[/b]

Oh yes he was! He allowed his insecurity to get a better hold on him. For goodness sake, this is a forum and more importantly we all tend to remain anonymous and unknown on this forum. Now for him to infer to my supposed age and as well implicitly state the scenario that I was his subordinate is an indirect insult.

This is someone that his very first post was to state that he won an appeal in UK for his family which included a set of bouncing twins, it is only logical to deduce what age such a fellow would be. At my current age, my father was already thinking of buying diapers for me. Telling me paternal advice, as if I am now equivalent to his set of bouncing twins. grin

I have not for once taken myself to be Lord of immigration matters, as I keep on stating that I have my Ogas here, and God knows that I am being sincere on that. For him to now come and state that he is not trying to raining on my parade as if I told him I run the show here. Again, upon being asked questions based on his postings on Zhou, he felt we were insulting him. I even went as far as to apologize to him when he said we were getting personal on him, only for him to return with puerile insults and agglomeration of balderdash.

Abeg, make the guy go siddon somewhere jare. Go and ask Akolawole, I guess he may have forgotten about it. When I challenged Akolawole on UK immigration, we argued about the matter for weeks on this forum. It was about MP writing covering letters for applicants and whether it is binding on the ECO.

We love to argue this matters and debate it out. No one is a compendium of knowledge on this subject. So if he feels insulted or there was ''marital aggression'' about his being questioned on UK immigration matters, let him go and sulk it out in Cologne! grin

ty4real:

@Pataki!
You know tell me that ooooo!My lips are sealed ooooo, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed!
Abeg keep am sealed oh. How una dey? Long time oh!!!! Busy with some silly assignments here jare. Just open the site to un-wind after a while here. grin

Mc Omo:

leave your people alone ? when in actual fact I pray for them 24/7 ? especially as paTaki is a fellow gunner ? cheesy

abeg nothing do them jare . . .I no just understand why them decide to face Ariston the way them do shocked

as per my own connection coming via Nland; I REJECT IT IN JESUS NAME ! grin grin
Yes oh, Gunners for Life! Marching on gallantly. No worry, Akolawole would become a gunner fan soon, carrying the flag of Arsenal to the four corners of the agbaye! cheesy Na for this thread he will be converted. cheesy

Your own connection is connecting soon. grin Just gently wait for am. But wetin come happen to Omo Eko, Gamine and the rest of them? tongue

Akolawole:

@Iron Lady

The more i ask The more confused i am.

I would have agree with Pataki if VAC people embossed the collection date on the Refusal notice but they don't.

I have checked many bundles in my house, none of them reffered to the collection date.

This thing don they become Abracadabra.

I may have to send email to the embassy sha.
I am sure that immigration Judge used ''ogboju'' for you. grin

But on a serious note now, I think VAC peeps usually emboss the collection date but not on the refusal notice. However, for your clients case, just might be that the 28 days had actually passed when you submitted the appeal to them. Even though it was accepted, the BHC/Home Office might have used that as their strong point in stating their further grounds of refusal.

I am getting confused on this matter at the moment myself. Need to make some enquiries about this too.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 11:28am On Feb 27, 2008
@pataki
Vfs does not state nor emboss the collection date anywhere in the application package. I am 100% sure of this.

The only thing that states anything pertaining to collection is on the slip given to you when you submit your application. Once you collect your application from them, the slip is collected back from you. So there is absolutely nothing for you to hold against them and use during the appeal process regarding the collection date.

This is one of the reasons why i am still insisting that the deadline starts counting from the date stated on the refusal notice by the ECO. That is the only thing the judge is interested in seeing.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2008
funkybaby:

@pataki
Vfs does not state nor emboss the collection date anywhere in the application package. I am 100% sure of this.

The only thing that states anything pertaining to collection is on the slip given to you when you submit your application. Once you collect your application from them, the slip is collected back from you. So there is absolutely nothing for you to hold against them and use during the appeal process regarding the collection date.

This is one of the reasons why i am still insisting that the deadline starts counting from the date stated on the refusal notice by the ECO. That is the only thing the judge is interested in seeing.

I was not too sure though, thats why I stated earlier on that: I think they do. Thanks for clarifying the position of things. However, I guess there has to be an explicit rule which clearly states what is expected. I guess that was what Ariston was trying to give out the other time. Chapter 26-9 or something like that.

Furthermore, when AIT communicates with the BHC over a pending matter of appeal, I am sure BHC normally checks the date upon which such an appellant files the appeal to see whether it corresponds to within the 28days, if the cases I have done so far are not so, I am sure I would have lost such appeal case.

I still need to make my enquiries though.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2008
Mc Omo:

You think i no sabi your logo.

All dem dem girls nko?

What of that US based Nairalander shocked

@PatakiFunky
neksbabay:

hello ariston. could you email me on neksbabay@yahoo.com
thanks everyone
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2008
@Pataki

You don lose on this one.

I have sent down emails, i will post the response here sharp sharp.

If you are vindicated, i will be so happy because i will be heading to UK High court for Judicial Review from where I go get some money from them.

But i knew you you are wrong sha.

A bottle of wine will be heading to Holland if you win. Name your choice Now.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 12:35pm On Feb 27, 2008
Akolawole:

@Pataki

You don lose on this one.

I have sent down emails, i will post the response here sharp sharp.

If you are vindicated, i will be so happy because i will be heading to UK High court for Judicial Review from where I go get some money from them.

But i knew you you are wrong sha.

A bottle of wine will be heading to Holland if you win. Name your choice Now.

Do both oh! If I am wrong, abeg post am here! I wan make the whole world see that I no be superman grin

But seriously, start preparing for a Judicial Review. I am very right on this one! cheesy

Here comes my bottle of wine! cheesy In fact no post am oh, I will be in Kent and London next week, so you fit wire am for me. cheesy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2008
Hi all,

Boy some fireworks have sure been happening whilst I have been away.

I see you are all still debating about the time limit for a notice of appeal to the
AIT despite my previous post on the matter. Anyway for the avoidance of any
further doubt I am now posting the relevant legislative provision from the AIT
rules and procedure together with the link. I hope this clarifies matters once and for
all. (Funky take note wink)

Time limit for appeal
     7.  - (1) A notice of appeal by a person who is in the United Kingdom must be given -

(a) if the person is in detention under the Immigration Acts when he is served with notice of the decision against which he is appealing, not later than 5 days after he is served with that notice; and

(b) in any other case, not later than 10 days after he is served with notice of the decision.

(2) A notice of appeal by a person who is outside the United Kingdom must be given -

(a) if the person -

(i) was in the United Kingdom when the decision against which he is appealing was made; and

(ii) may not appeal while he is the United Kingdom by reason of a provision of the 2002 Act,

not later than 28 days after his departure from the United Kingdom; or

(b) in any other case, not later than 28 days after he is served with notice of the decision.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2005/20050230.htm#7
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:08pm On Feb 27, 2008
VOR:

(b) in any other case, not later than 28 days after he is served with notice of the decision.

Oga we know that.

My questions is as followows;

1) Do Uk immigration have a place for Visa application centre? The answer is NO.

2) If i apply and refused to go to VAC point for 3 months what happen?

I repeat 28 days if you are personally handed the refusal by ECO but 56 days under postal rule.

Pataki might be enjoying postal rule policy for years grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2008
Akolawole:

1) Do Uk immigration have a place for Visa application centre? The answer is NO.
You are right on that answer of yours to your own question. However, I do like to state that each consulate in the world have their own method of visa application and procedures. Some operate by postal method like in the days of DHL, which is no longer in operation now. If my memory serves me well, in India it is still by posts. Some other consulates, operate by handing it down directly to the applicant like here in the Netherlands. The VAC is the medium for applicants in Nigeria to get their application directly in person from the BHC!

Akolawole:
2) If i apply and refused to go to VAC point for 3 months what happen?

Logically speaking, you are still entitled to your 28 days of getting your application in person with appeal notice. However, you do have to state your reasons with fact why you delayed in picking your application in person.

Akolawole:
I repeat 28 days if you are personally handed the refusal by ECO but 56 days under postal rule.

Pataki might be enjoying postal rule policy for years grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na my own abracadabra be that. cool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2008
@VOR
Yes Sir. Points noted. wink

However, i still stand 'gidigba' with akolawole on this issue.

Regarding the fireworks, tempers have really cooled down now, thanks to akolawole humourous digress.

@Pataki
Since akolawole is giving you a bottle of wine if you win this, what will akolawole and i get if we win and you happen to lose. grin Liase with VOR and get back to us smiley

@akolawole
Please post the respond from BHC as soon as you get it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:16pm On Feb 27, 2008
pahtahkee:

1)  If my memory serves me well, in India it is still by posts. Some other consulates, operate by handing it down directly to the applicant like here in the Netherlands.

2)The VAC is the medium for applicants in Nigeria to get their application directly in person from the BHC!

This will be my last post on this UNTIL we see the response.

1) India don't use Postal system. India was the pioneer of VAC. It was after their success, that other second sets of countries including Nigeria started using it. Western contries don't really need that system as their citizen is automatically EEC. Few years ago, their gambia office is like a desolate.

2) Some applcants still go for interview.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by wolf: 3:29pm On Feb 27, 2008
Hellow everyone,

I have submitted my passport after receiving the call letter from the UK High Commision, now its the fourth week and my visa have still not been endorsed, can anyone tell me how long it takes to stamp a visa

i have submitted the .

Call letter
TB testing report
admission letter

and no bank statement as they had not asked for that.

i am conserned as my classes are going to start on 3rd of march
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2008
wolf:

Hellow everyone,

I have submitted my passport after receiving the call letter from the UK High Commision, now its the fourth week and my visa have still not been endorsed, can anyone tell me how long it takes to stamp a visa

i have submitted the .

Call letter
TB testing report
admission letter

and no bank statement as they had not asked for that.

i am conserned as my classes are going to start on 3rd of march
I thought if the High Commission calls you, you are given a date upon which to come and pick your passport with the visa after submission? Is that not so with your case?

If I were to be in Nigeria, I do have given you a contact within the High Commission in Lagos. However the best advice I can render is that you give them a call or preferably send an email informing them about your situation at the moment.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2008
pahtahkee:

I was not too sure though, thats why I stated earlier on that: I think they do. Thanks for clarifying the position of things. . .

What do you mean by the above? You want me to give you a backhand slap abi? O boy stand firm, don't let them sway you o, we are right on this one tongue  tongue  tongue

pahtahkee:

But seriously, start preparing for a Judicial Review. I am very right on this one! cheesy

Here comes my bottle of wine! cheesy In fact no post am oh, I will be in Kent and London next week, so you fit wire am for me. cheesy

thats more like it, we are the champions,  grin grin grin
celebration, jubilation, all together, right now, yeah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. As a matter of fact lord Vor hit the bullseye with his post summarised below,

Also note the key phrase in par 7 (2) (b), states when the person outside the UK "is served", "not when the decision was made".

VOR:

Hi all,

. . . I see you are all still debating about the time limit for a notice of appeal to the
AIT despite my previous post on the matter. Anyway for the avoidance of any
further doubt I am now posting the relevant legislative provision from the AIT
rules and procedure together with the link. I hope this clarifies matters once and for
all. (Funky take note wink)

Time limit for appeal
     7.  -

(2) A notice of appeal by a person who is outside the United Kingdom must be given -

(a) if the person -

(i) was in the United Kingdom when the decision against which he is appealing was made; and

(ii) may not appeal while he is the United Kingdom by reason of a provision of the 2002 Act,

not later than 28 days after his departure from the United Kingdom; or

(b)[b] in any other case, not later than 28 days after he is served[/color][color=#990000] with notice of the decision.[/b]

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2005/20050230.htm#7

Time limit starts from when you get served the ECO's decision, not when the ECO makes the decision.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2008
@funkybaby
re: neksb

It is her husband in possession of the ILR, not her. The student visa appeal she won enables her immediate entry into the country, if she applies via her husband's ILR, it would definitely take longer.

Me still thinks she should keep her mouth shut. In comparison to the US lady story, note, she has won her appeal, hence she is only going to pick up her visa and hence has no more forms to fill in.

I still think she needs a bit of advice (coaching) regarding whether she should tell or not though, due to this being "a change of circumstance" issue.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2008
@big_bumper!
I totally agree with you on this once again!The 28 days start counting from the day the ECO'S decision was served and not when he makes his decision. This guys in the commission can be lazy at times, there are times decisions are made 2weeks before the VAC receives it! I know what am saying guys and if this happens, do you still think the 28days would already started counting from that point!
I totally dont want to agree with this but I want to learn sha so pls present the facts, I wish the peeps at the commission can come and settle this debate ! smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2008
@ neksb

this issue takes us back to an unresolved argument on this thread a while back around the time of muyiwabanks, about whether successful applicants had to wait 28 days or 56 days for them to be contacted. I still think (no i know) that the waiting period is 28 days, I know you are on your honeymoon, but try and find time to read through the relevant part of the thread and i am sure you would find the response you need.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 6:43pm On Feb 27, 2008
@Bigbumper

Keep on decoding the statement the way you want.

What Justice VOR gave is already known by everyone?

I am 100% sure the date of receipt at VAC have no RELEVANCE whatsover in the appeal process.

If its that important, UK law could have permit them(VAC) to personally embossed the receipt date on the refusal notice.

What do Judges look at on Refusal notice? Reason(s) for refusal and Date of Refusal. Shikenah!

Should Pataki win, i will carry nairaland banner in Oshodi market wearing Arsenal'shirt. grin

But If i win! Oh la la

@ Left wing(BB, ty4real,Pataki) grin

Can you give me the appeal reference(s) of people that had followed your philosophy of 28days ( Me and my wahala sha)

I enjoy argument jare

It is always good to backup arguments with fact and figures
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2008
ty4real

thanks o jare, welcome on board the champions side, you see now pataki, no shaking.  cheesy grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2008
Akolawole:

Can you give me the appeal reference(s) of people that had followed your philosophy of 28days ( Me and my wahala sha)

I can actually give you my own case! cool I am a living witness of the 28 days personally! grin

So be rest assured that you will wear the Arsenal Jersey for Oshodi!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

Where is Mc Omo make him come bear witness to this matter! cheesy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2008
Akolawole:

@Bigbumper

. . . I am 100% sure the date of receipt at VAC have no RELEVANCE whatsover in the appeal process.

If its that important, UK law could have permit them(VAC) to personally embossed the receipt date on the refusal notice.

But they already do. When you pick up the ECO's decision in Nigeria, an A4 paper is attached to the package stamped with the date of collection, these "embossed" date is when your 28 days of notice to appeal is counted from. The date of receipt is relevant as this is the day your 28-days appeal period is counted from.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 6:55pm On Feb 27, 2008
big_bumper:

What do you mean by the above? You want me to give you a backhand slap abi? O boy stand firm, don't let them sway you o, we are right on this one tongue tongue tongue

thats more like it, we are the champions, grin grin grin
celebration, jubilation, all together, right now, yeah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. As a matter of fact lord Vor hit the bullseye with his post summarised below,

Also note the key phrase in par 7 (2) (b), states when the person outside the UK "is served", "not when the decision was made".

Time limit starts from when you get served the ECO's decision, not when the ECO makes the decision.

big_bumper:

ty4real

thanks o jare, welcome on board the champions side, you see now pataki, no shaking. cheesy grin grin

YES MA! My gosh, I have missed those days of postings with you guys! Where is Imani also? grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 6:56pm On Feb 27, 2008
Akolawole:

@Bigbumper

Keep on decoding the statement the way you want.

What Justice VOR gave is already known by everyone?

I am 100% sure the date of receipt at VAC have no RELEVANCE whatsover in the appeal process.

What do Judges look at on Refusal notice? Reason(s) for refusal and Date of Refusal. Shikenah!

Should Pataki win, i will carry nairaland banner in Oshodi market wearing Arsenal'shirt. grin

But If i win! Oh la la

@ Left wing(BB, ty4real,Pataki) grin

I enjoy argument jare

It is always good to backup arguments with fact and figures

@ akolawole
thank you for telling them oh ! grin

i am solidly beside you.  grin we don win this one. no shaking !

@big bumper

why wont Pataki have second thoughts? i have been blowing loads of kisses to him kiss kiss kiss, so he is getting really tempted to go with me on this issue.

@ty4real

you too don join them abi? ok oh !

big_bumper:

@funkybaby
re: neksb

It is her husband in possession of the ILR, not her. The student visa appeal she won enables her immediate entry into the country, if she applies via her husband's ILR, it would definitely take longer.

Me still thinks she should keep her mouth shut. In comparison to the US lady story, note, she has won her appeal, hence she is only going to pick up her visa and hence has no more forms to fill in.

I still think she needs a bit of advice (coaching) regarding whether she should tell or not though, due to this being "a change of circumstance" issue.  

@big bumper
you have right oh. it best she keeps mute about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.