Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,541 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola (40517 Views)

May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola / Benue Killings: No Sufficient Evidence To Prosecute Herdsmen – IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by moski5(m): 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Even at maximum power, Fashola won't have enough electricity to give Nigerians.

We have a serious problem with light in Nigeria and looks like all the chickens of 37 years have come home to roost.

For now...we should fix transmission, and make sure that we get generation working again.

I think....and I am not defending the government here....I am stating facts.....we may have to wait for ten years before we see 24/7 light. Especially if the government IS serious about power.

Good evening and good night from me.

my best reply

I just bought fuel for 200 Naira in Benin. Some others were clandestinely selling for 250 and 99 percent of the petrol stations were not selling. Honestly, if not for the spirit of Jesus in me, I would have placed a curse on all those who brought this buhari debacle on us.

I took over all social media platforms, I was on tv and radios severally, I wrote essays in various newspapers and granted press interviews, all to denounce the buhari candidature and try to warn my people of the impending buhari doom to no avail. The more I warned, the more they screamed that buhari was their val. One of them even said she couldn't make love well with her husband again because Jonathan couldn't give them regular light, yet Lagos then had light for 12 hours a day, Benin had for 22-24 hours ( at least in my office area of King Square and my house area around Etete new GRA).

Like the Jews, these phariseetic people thundered "crucify Jesus, give us Barnabass...yes, let his blood be on us and our children". It was stunning for me. I asked, "who has bewitched you " I told them, "buhari does not have the capacity for modern governance", "buhari doesn't have WASC", they said they would accept him if he brought NEPA certificate. NOW SEE WHERE WE ARE NO LIGHT, NO FUEL, NO JOB, INVESTORS ARE RUNNING AWAY, ELECTIONS ARE INCONCLUSIVE, THE COUNTRY HAS BECOME A PARIAH NATION! THE COUNTRY HAS BECOME RUDERLESS, WE ARE LIKE SHEEP LED TO THE SLAUGHTER...DAN Osa-Ogbegie

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by SEETHEM: 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
SEE THEM !!!!!!!
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Skain(m): 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
Our power sector is full of saboteurs... I pity u fash.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by MrRichy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
I pray we make it to 2019....
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Forwetinnah: 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
This is what happens when an eediat distributes ministerial positions to his partners in crime not minding if they're qualified or not. Booooohari thinks we are still in the 80s when positions are given to people who can't perform..i read somewhere that the Iranian Minister for Health performed an eye surgery recently but in Nigeria you find a minister who studied English heading the Transport Ministry and a thieving lawyer heading Power/Works. Round Pegs in square holes

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by jojo1man(m): 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
We don enter one chance. So Fash was thinking he can just give us light without thinking how?
So APC lied to win the presidency? Any way, I am planing to leave this country. We thout it was bad with GEJ, now no light, no water, even fuel is sold for 250 a. Litre in Benin city if you can find it

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by LastProphet: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
mulattoclaro:
One of the reasons why I always tell people I'm German whenever they ask me where I'm from or my Nationality even though my Pops is a Nigerian. Nothing ever works in this godforsaken shit-hole called Nigeria. Wasn't this the same slowpoke who was boasting that he could give Nigerians 24 hours electricity in less than a year? Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Gabon and South Africa can virtually boast of 21 hours or even 24 hours a day. I'm not saying this cos I want to just talk but I'm saying this cos I've been to these countries and I can tell you it's true.

in equatorial Guinea people don't steal power lines, people don't blow pipelines either in South Africa, but your father's people do nothing else than steal and destroy. over 30km of power line remains stolen between okigwe and afikpo, it has been replaced several times by authorities yet the locals from there will blame govt. please stop insulting people that are more intelligent than your slowpoke father
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
Alwaystruth:
Fashola should shamelessly resign as power minister and stop this begging and begging syndrome.
Stop begging Nigerians..Give us light or resign. Simple and short.

Power generation is no rocket science-Fashola.

Fashola is right, power generation is not rocket science but what he probably failed to explain is the fact that it will cost billions of dollars to make electricity stable for all Nigerians and it will take longer than a few months.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mildflame: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
And ur first act was to INCREASE tariff, STUPID EWERU

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Pecca: 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
If the gods want to take ur credibility from you, them go first give you a very big bad mouth, then them go come give u position and then turn ur brain off. buhari, fashola, tunumbu, and many of them HAY-PISS-SEE folks is a good 'un to learn from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by lormarx: 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Nigeria’s Minister of Power Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, says there is currently not enough power to distribute unless more turbines are switched on.

He attributed recent power outages in some parts of the country to four turbines which stopped working, but hoped electricity supply would be stabilized soon as three of the four turbines have been restored.

The Minister also expressed hope that President Muhammadu Buhari’s 10,000 megawatts target would be met.

He, however, decried acts of vandalism which he says is causing some of the energy problems in the country.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/03/31/fashola-admits-no-sufficient-power-distribution/
Yes they Never have Enough power to Distribute to Nigerians ,but have more than enough on the bills to share Nigerians. Bravo minister

3 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by goodvision12(m): 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Every damn thing GEJ handed over to Buhari has dropped including Life of the citizens; happiness dropped, Economy dropped, Naira value dropped, Security of life and property dropped as Fulani herders and DSS are running amok.

It will take Fashola more than 2 years to understand power generation and distribution not to talk of managing it.

A lawyer in a wrong place.
Nigeria tire me ooo!But what has a lawyer got to do with power distribution?Always putting square pegs in round holes.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by GreatEngineer(m): 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
Super Minister my foot, now power generation has become rocket science but when GEJ was there, it wasn't a rocket science.
Easier said than done.

Fashola u see ur life.

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by BekeeBuAgbara: 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
In 2016 Naija is still talking about power failure, may God help that country.

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mulattoclaro(m): 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
LastProphet:

in equatorial Guinea people don't steal power lines, people don't blow pipelines either in South Africa, but your father's people do nothing else than steal and destroy. over 30km of power line remains stolen between okigwe and afikpo, it has been replaced several times by authorities yet the locals from there will blame govt. please stop insulting people that are more intelligent than your slowpoke father
it's your father that's a slowpoke. What was that supposed to mean? Did I insult your father? Are you mad?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by bigtt76(f): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
I thought it was once said that power was being generated in excess but the distribution companies were the once not having the capacity to distribute more grin I guess as usual, the first release should not always be taken for what it says tongue

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Alwaystruth:
Fashola should shamelessly resign as power minister and stop this begging and begging syndrome.
Stop begging Nigerians..Give us light or resign. Simple and short.

Power generation is no rocket science-Fashola.

Fashola is right, power generation is not rocket science but what he probably failed to explain is the fact that it will cost billions of dollars to make electricity stable for all Nigerians and it will take longer than a few months, anybody saying otherwise is lying to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Gentleveks(m): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Akainzo:

Thankfully you couldn't list Savings as dropping. Imagine what would have been if GEJ had Savings to hand over to Buhari after all the 5 years of bountiful oil export at higher prices.

BTW, the Corruption handed over has also dripped.
nothing would have happen mind i hate jonathan but i repeat nothing would have happened you people should stop doing as if buhari is a saint.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by wxyz1: 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Buhari is the wast thing that has ever happen to Nigeria. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by alex81(m): 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
@ topic
soro niyen
Dats wat u get wen a Lawyer bcoms minister of power.
Ds is nt change! Ds is chain!
#Deep sigh * sips my cup of lipton

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Brigadier7(m): 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Gej Nigerians are sorry?

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by SycophanticGoat: 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Every damn thing GEJ handed over to Buhari has dropped including Life of the citizens; happiness dropped, Economy dropped, Naira value dropped, Security of life and property dropped as Fulani herders and DSS are running amok.

It will take Fashola more than 2 years to understand power generation and distribution not to talk of managing it.

A lawyer in a wrong place.

Add army to the list of people that are running amok.. Thanks..
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by prinsam30: 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Our people say "person wey get brother for heaven no dey go HELLFIRE

this is the case of fashola to Nigeria, lawyer dey form Engineer, I weep seriously for this Nation

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by VictorRomanov: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
How exactly do they intend to achieve 10k MW of power? What's the step by step plan to achieve it? Are they partnering with the private sector? Or will the govt do it alone?

These are questions that needs answers. If not we'll keep getting excuses.

Everything is not politics!

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by blank(f): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
It's a pity Fashola agreed to take this ministerial appointment. I see it as Buhari' masterstroke to take him out of the 2019 race by showing that he is not capable.

However, I believe that he has what it takes. By 2019, everyone will be hailing him as the saviour of Nigeria.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kc3000:
So Fashola is not a 'magician?' Where is Tinubu the 'yahoo-yahoo' politician, oya come and tell your boy to resign.
You dey mind Tinubu? Tinubu was just seeking attention

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fashola is being exposed for the fraud that he is. I'm 100& behind Buhari but if he is banking of people like fashola, his administration will fail. Fashola is a smooth talker who had money in Lagos to spend. He isnt the thinker and miracle worker people make him out to be.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Sunofgod(m): 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fassholea - do the honourable thing and fall on your sword.

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by MNDY(m): 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
Another Kachikwu-magician styled remark!

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by bgates: 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
[size=13pt]

So much sadness On the street

People are just frustrated with the government

I practically did a survey in 2 States

My people see annoyance from Nigerians

Is better to resign ooo than stay put

[/size]

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
menix:
During GEJ tenure u zoombies lambasted him..

Today u re begging us to understand..

Re u guyz not fraudsters...
Those in glass house don't throw stone according to oyibo pipo. Fashola blasted GEJ for lack of competent up to a point he boasted for providing 24hrs power supply. May is around the corner yet this government is just running around the circle.

3 Likes

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by SycophanticGoat: 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
omenka:
Fashola: We have insufficient power to distribute:

iDaft Miscreants: Fashola says we have no power to distribute.

Yet they call the president a dullard. cheesycheesy

Cover your face in shame bro! Hypocrisy cum sycophancy like this one you're exhibiting now, plus the bigotry which you're very well known for, are the reasons Nigeria will never progress..

#by the way, I spit on all the broom carrying demons out there, that foisted these demonic set of senseless bastàrds on us..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ohaneze: We’ll Vote Against Atiku, PDP If…… / Presidential Rally: People Arrested With Jazz In Abeokuta, Ogun State / Inside Tafawa Balewa's Memorial House And Tomb In Bauchi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.