Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? (51563 Views)

Man Kneels To Propose To Gun-Wielding Lady (Photo) / Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking / He Got Her Pregnant, Later Accepted It But Won't Marry Her Because He Doesn't... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
But why nah
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Ptoocool(m): 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
Prom Queen
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by dandadee: 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
Two female antelope..from sambisa forest

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by ireneony(f): 9:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
I don't see any wrong with the list undecided
U all shud stop judging the culture of a tribe.

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by kudos4u(m): 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
If I should manage to pay all these, forget oooo make the bae say beybey to her family, na if I like I go let her pay them visit.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by 12month: 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
lol i av even seen something like one trailer of pigs on one of these list grin
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by neocortex: 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
vimi:
This iis just so out of place, I think this dowry thing shud be checked n iin the aftermath unified nationwide by FG via [b]HOR bil[/b]l or something. grin

This iis the core reason why some self acclaimed 'Sharp guys' end-up impregnating their beloved to ghostly escape gigantic fee by prospective inlaws. cool

This kinda extortion iis directly proportional to the amount of disrespect(panel-beating) the poor lady gets when they finally tie the knot.

#MyCandidOpinion

You must be joking, government can't regulate peoples culture especially
when people are not being forced to practise such, if you can't foot the bill,
you zoom off.
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
Kikikikiki
No wonder cheesy
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by jkendy(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2016
Is she 4 sale? Which struggling guy would afford 2 pay such dowry
Greed is dia 2nd name!!!
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by yetunsbay(m): 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
gbadenor:
na sell dey wan sell her ni....when my cousin just wan collect 5k lasan as bride price
advice her to take #500...c hw blessed it gonna b
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by manny4life(m): 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
@OP, you're such a shameless liar... Biko try elsewhere. If you want to mock the Igbo tradition, please don't do so with cheap lies.

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by HardMirror(m): 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
ireneony:
I don't see any wrong with the list undecided
U all shud stop judging the culture of a tribe.
Thank you jare. Truth is even tho the items are much, they are not that expensive. But the 22 carat necklace is unrealistic, sure they don't know what 22 carat gold is. That is one of the most expensive quality you can get. But every other thing is child's play
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Krismart(m): 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
22 carat gold? Na to go carry Jacki Chan come for them, dem go see carat run

2 Likes

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by shakaZuIlu: 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
that's Imo for you oooo grin

this one small sha compare to what my cousin spent on mbano lady

Beremx bia fulu ndi bunu
chai your husband heard nwiiii cheesy
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by HardMirror(m): 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
manny4life:
@OP, you're such a shameless liar... Biko try elsewhere. If you want to mock the Igbo tradition, please don't do so with cheap lies.
There is nothing wrong with the list biko.
Most of those items may not even go round well for the family. They deserve it.
It is a marriage not birthday. And this seems fair to me
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by pinkyspice(f): 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
Well the guy is not serious,cuz there's always a way of negotiation for all these items...but if the guy is from Kalabari in Rivers State he should buy everything in the list cuz men from other communities pay more than dis jst to marry their girls.

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by badonkadonk: 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Been dating for years and today I decided to go through my Bf's pics/gallery...I found this, is it for real?

Some people sha... Dem for kukuma tell me say dem wan dey do trading business make i open shop for them, once and for all..

See their mouth like 20carats gold necklace.. Awon oloshi eniyan..
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by EbolaParasite: 9:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
Even if your daughter is Halle Berry, this kain list na terrorism na.
Anyone that puts a list up can keep their child. I thought women wanted equality? What does the mans family get?
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by EbolaParasite: 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
HardMirror:

Nothing wrong? Everything is wrong. Are they selling their child? Why must the man provide anything? What will the woman give to the mans family?

3 Likes

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by manny4life(m): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
HardMirror:

Why would you see anything wrong with the list? Did you say "may not even go around in the family"? Are you marrying the whole family? It's a marriage, more reason why it should be modest. If you spend all these on "Ime ego", what's the traditional gonna look like?

Well from where I'm from, this is the height of ridiculousness. As much as we have a list, it's no where close to this. And we wonder why some men see their women as a piece of furniture rather than as a their spouse.

Oh btw, it's the discretion of the man's family to do more if they so desire (and yes, they do more). Dowry from my place is only N100 and it's up to the man to give up thousands if he chooses.
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by waice6571: 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
No wonder all my friend from the east are afraid of wedding.

Now I know why Emeka my friend is always in support of inter-tribal marriage. His girlfriend is from Abeokuta.
I will confront him with a copy of this bride price tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by EbolaParasite: 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
neocortex:

You must be joking, government can't regulate peoples culture especially
when people are not being forced to practise such, if you can't foot the bill,
you zoom off.

When the so-called culture was originally being practiced, no such thing as "gold necklace" existed back then. This has nothing to do with culture but plain poverty, greed, and primitiveness.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by scachy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
talktonase:
nah provision shop featuring beer parlour this people wan start for the guy head why wont he think twice.

With cooking oil biz nah grin grin
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by manny4life(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
EbolaParasite:

When the so-called culture was originally being practiced, no such thing as "gold necklace" existed back then. This has nothing to do with culture but plain poverty, greed, and primitiveness.

Exactly!

This isn't culture at all, this is greed.

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by infogenius(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Been dating for years and today I decided to go through my Bf's pics/gallery...I found this, is it for real?

This one na to take off. No time abeg
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by chigoizie7(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
halfricanadian:
This means d guy bought u

Chai he can do wateva he likes with u

cry cry i prefer to be seen as a companion i will b his puppet ni

same way i am gonna buy u soon
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Millichamp(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
There is a difference between BRIDE PRICE and DOWRY.
Dowry is an amount of property or money brought by a bride to her husband on their marriage
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by DANO1011(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
halfricanadian:
This means d guy bought u

Chai he can do wateva he likes with u

cry cry i prefer to be seen as a companion i will b his puppet ni
choi....I go love to Mary person like you, we go save the money for our children abi?
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by bladeAnders(m): 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
its not funny...that was almost the kind of list my brother got from our inlaws
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by halfricanadian(f): 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
chigoizie7:

buy who ?
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by halfricanadian(f): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
chigoizie7:

buy who ? .
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by manny4life(m): 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
Millichamp:
There is a difference between BRIDE PRICE and DOWRY.
Dowry is an amount of property or money brought by a bride to her husband on their marriage

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Advises Nigerian Ladies, Men To Have Indiscriminate Sex. Nigerian Blast Her / Nigeria Lady Bewitched Lover Who Dumped Her (Photos) / Pre-wedding Picture.....cool Or Hot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.