Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? (51559 Views)

Man Kneels To Propose To Gun-Wielding Lady (Photo) / Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking / He Got Her Pregnant, Later Accepted It But Won't Marry Her Because He Doesn't... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by chigoizie7(m): 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
halfricanadian:

buy who ?

who else?

me nah
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
sinaj:
Seriously this is too much sad

They had a meeting nd reduced this item in some communities in Rivers state sometime last year.

It's just too much sad
You see why I never finalize our marriage plans...
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by HardMirror(m): 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
EbolaParasite:

Nothing wrong? Everything is wrong. Are they selling their child? Why must the man provide anything? What will the woman give to the mans family?
Since when did Nigerian culture start giving "groom price" to the groom's family?
It is our culture and that list can be negotiated.

All fingers are not equal. If the guy is not so rich, they won't say he should not marry because he is poor. But it is a thing of pride even for the groom to pay a good bride price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
Did the girl get her PHD from HAVARD?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by DANO1011(m): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
ireneony:
I don't see any wrong with the list undecided
U all shud stop judging the culture of a tribe.
Nothing wrong with the list?, I'm ready to sacrifices the love of my life than to bring half of the list.
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by teekay213(m): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
How many times this silly mod want to move it to fp?
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by halfricanadian(f): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
DANO1011:
choi....I go love to Mary person like you, we go save the money for our children abi?

Yes grin
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by teekay213(m): 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
How many times this silly mod want to move this to fp?
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by justmenoni: 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
This is really hilarious.... I know it's a joke sha but why not just say: give us 2million grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Reeberry: 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Flashh:
These massive items are only valid if they are selling their daughter for money ritual.

grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by holywota: 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
only in imo state,a smart guy knows that list is negotiable.
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by waice6571: 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
HardMirror:

There is nothing wrong with the list biko.
Most of those items may not even go round well for the family. They deserve it.
It is a marriage not birthday. And this seems fair to me

Obviously it can never go round well with any family that sold out their daughter in the name of marriage.
List to satisfy their wantonness and gluttony. Most of those girls survived on their own through hardwork and runs and those fathers did nothing to ease their stress only to wait at marriage junction to satisfy their greed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Chimapeters(m): 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
Aguiyi13:
Is he getting married to all the maidens in her community ? ! 22 caract gold ?

tell Me his father Inlaw is a Goldsmith .

imagine
After paying all these and the bride to be, doesn't know how to prepare Our very dear jellof rice !

My broda it is not an issue to be surprised for, 3 weeks ago I met a girl. She was beautiful and her skin was like the sun, I liked her of course she was attractive, when I managed to have her in a conversation and when I heard speak, my God I could imagine the facial expression of oshiomole's cuming, pls don't imagine it, worse of it all she can't even cook melon soup she had come to visit her boyfriend, no need to speak further how I knew, she was so confident defending herself. From that moment on, i saw a vain beauty.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Ferguson0709: 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
Is this for one lady or all the ladies in the village?
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by halfricanadian(f): 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
chigoizie7:

who else?

me nah

Buy me i will add money to it nd buy u back tongue
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by 1metre: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
I think our ladies need to start serious campaign against this dowry thing, so many ladies are single today becos the cost is too much for most men who are psychologically ready for marriage, thereby making our ladies more single, let the campaign start now

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by HardMirror(m): 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
waice6571:

Obviously it can never go round well with any family that sold out their daughter in the name of marriage.
List to satisfy their wantonness and gluttony. Most of those girls survived on their own through hardwork and runs and those fathers did nothing to ease their stress only to wait at marriage junction to satisfy their greed.
Lol @ runs
Well it's ok with me anyway. But they should forget the gold chain sha.
Every other thing is ok with me. Give then 200k instead of all these and they will take it.
Tell them you have no money and give them 100k. They will take it.
So why is everyone lamenting here?

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by chigoizie7(m): 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
halfricanadian:

Buy me i will add money to it nd buy u back tongue

shebi na me u go give the money?

its a win win for me,

business is good.

might even double ur offer so that u will keep doubling to buy me,

and once i am ok, i will zap nd marry ur younger sister
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by delishpot: 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
He should start saving now. No one is forcing him to marry now now.
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by SmartMugu: 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
HardMirror:

Please what is wrong with the list?
These things are normal and I don't think they are too much. May not even cost 500,000 naira.
It's not the cost that matters, it's the idea behind it. Is the man buying a slave?

2 Likes

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by nevilbot: 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
For those of you saying this list is not possible, attached is the list gotten by my brother from his father in law who are from anambra state. Mind you, this list was just collected two weeks ago and the wedding is in July. We are from ondo state and ondo don't make such ridiculous lists. Did you notice the note written after the long list still saying the list does not contain some things again? I don't know if Igbo people view dia daughters as commodities cus des lists are just outright ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by halfricanadian(f): 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
chigoizie7:

shebi na me u go give the money?

its a win win for me,

business is good.

might even double ur offer so that u will keep doubling to buy me,

and once i am ok, i will zap nd marry ur younger sister

Huh? sad remember u nt d only guy existing in d universe
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by mama777(f): 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
come to think of it,this items dnt cost much.dear op if ur man is working unless he is jobless he can afford what's on the list with good bargaining with his in-laws.note- this list is made by your kinsmen and can't be changed because of a man that is not serious to marry.

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by doskie(m): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
what about black pepper and tortoise teeth?
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Babyphinas(f): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
If na u u go propose
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Rawblings(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
price of 22 karat gold
$1120.91 - $1140.6 = N320k+

Una won kill person?

1 Like

Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by sonature1: 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
halfricanadian:
This means d guy bought u

Chai he can do wateva he likes with u

cry cry i prefer to be seen as a companion i will b his puppet ni

Go to hell!

People whom it is their culture are not complaining besides everything on that list is NEGOTIABLE!
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by dfrank2665: 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
The girl is definitely an ngwo girl cos.. Of the ten - ten in the list
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by Aguiyi13(m): 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
Chimapeters:

My broda it is not an issue to be surprised for, 3 weeks ago I met a girl. She was beautiful and her skin was like the sun, I liked her of course she was attractive, when I managed to have her in a conversation and when I heard speak, my God I could imagine the facial expression of oshiomole's cuming, pls don't imagine it, worse of it all she can't even cook melon soup she had come to visit her boyfriend, no need to speak further how I knew, she was so confident defending herself. From that moment on, i saw a vain beauty.

Terrible !
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by loomer: 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
You go old for house
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by EbolaParasite: 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
HardMirror:

Since when did Nigerian culture start giving "groom price" to the groom's family?
It is our culture and that list can be negotiated.

All fingers are not equal. If the guy is not so rich, they won't say he should not marry because he is poor. But it is a thing of pride even for the groom to pay a good bride price.

Greed and poverty mentality. Period.
Re: Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? by halfricanadian(f): 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
sonature1:

Go to hell!

People whom it is their culture are not complaining besides everything on that list is NEGOTIABLE!

First of all go to hell too!

My reason for writing that is cos i want to support women who are being maltreated *domestic violence* cos of they were sold in d name of bride price so men spends so mch on a woman dat dey feel dey own her nd do so mch to hurt her

Does bride price gurantee a successful marriage?
Does bride price make a good husband and a good wife?

Do u pay bride price wen u marry a foreign woman? Dats why they av equal right only a woman who is crazy in love dat will stick to a man who hurts her

I meant no harm bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aigbe:I Started Talking More With My Daughter The Day She Spoke About ‘Mouth Action' / Lady Advises Nigerian Ladies, Men To Have Indiscriminate Sex. Nigerian Blast Her / Nigeria Lady Bewitched Lover Who Dumped Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.