Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters (9213 Views)

Obiano Should Be Disqualified For Campaigning At Polling Unit - PDP (Photo) / President Buhari Pictured With His Son, Yusuf And Daughters In His Office / Governor Ayade Cries In His Office Over The Condition Of Refugees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by jimfarayola(m): 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
In February, the National Chairman faced pressure to resign from influential PDP members who believed he was not suited for the office on account of his alleged links with Boko Haram.
Ali Modu Sheriff, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is campaigning to retain his office despite announcing in February that he would not extend his tenure.
Mr. Sheriff has reportedly been holding meetings with party officials and may have bought vehicles for the campaign trail.

A Honda SUV painted with PDP colors and displaying the National Chairman’s picture was seen at the PDP national secretariat in Abuja on Wednesday.
The PDP will hold its national convention on May 21 in Port Harcourt.

Mr. Sheriff, the former governor of Borno State, was previously a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), but defected to the PDP when former President Goodluck Jonathan was running for a second term. He had grievances with the APC leadership, who allegedly excluded him from the decision-making process.

In February, the National Chairman faced pressure to resign from influential PDP members who believed he was not suited for the office on account of his alleged links with Boko Haram.
"I, Ali Modu Sheriff, a man of character and integrity, one who would live up to expectation and his promises, hereby announce to the world that under no circumstances would I stay in office beyond the period prescribed by the Constitution of our party, the PDP,” he announced in Abuja in February.
An anonymous PDP governor stated that Mr. Sheriff always works for the ruling party, even when he is a member of the opposition.

The governor said he has no reason to believe that he would not do the same if he extends his tenure as National Chairman.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/15/pdp-chairman-sheriff-campaigning-retain-his-office

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by babdap: 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
I would rather vote for KOWA party than to vote for PDP, bitter truth.

33 Likes

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
PDP will bounce back come 2019, Nigerians will beg them to come rule over hem. i don't see APC surviving this era at all

16 Likes

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by Beeman1(m): 11:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
PDP will bounce back come 2019, Nigerians will beg them to come rule over hem. i don't see APC surviving this era at all
Dreaming is allow sha.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 16, 2016
You dont need to campaign
Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by BettyOke(f): 8:11am On Apr 16, 2016
babdap:
I would rather vote for KOWA party than to vote for PDP, bitter truth.
Hope you are enjoying your change sha

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by GoldenJAT(m): 8:11am On Apr 16, 2016
only time will tell...
Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by gurunlocker: 8:11am On Apr 16, 2016
Northerners and power... damn!

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by westlius(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

No mind d mugu1. D guy na dream land him dey

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by Kraspo(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Heartbreak is when "your PDP" will zone their candidacy to the North.

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by lonelydora: 8:12am On Apr 16, 2016
Is PDP still existing? They are dead, buried, and long forgotten. Never again will PDP rule Nigeria. Instead of PDP, we will give Pastor Chris Okotie party, Fresh Democratic Party, FDP, a chance to try. That's if APC fail us, which I know PMB won't fail Nigeria.

Na my mind i talk so.

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by ba7man(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
You better go and continue your "big butt" workout and stop saying trash here. cheesy

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by hardizzle: 8:12am On Apr 16, 2016
PDP wil neva learn, power mongers,kip givin APC an edge

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by JuliettaBitch(f): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2016
PDP shall bounce back come 2019
Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by hensben(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2016
Devilish party using BH to loot money.

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 16, 2016
gurunlocker:
Northerners and power... damn!

Well, if PDP wants to win in 2019...they better start making concessions to Northerners....because APC already has the North and large sections of the MiddleBelt locked down.

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by modath(f): 8:16am On Apr 16, 2016
Ali Modu Haram is a Crookola Saratiff 2:0 with burning desire to be President by all means!!! Unfortunately, his money as long as it is can't stretch far enough to grab him that coveted position.

As far as Ali Shekau is concerned, the chairman position is a launching Pad & he ain't bout to let go now!!!

All well meaning Nigerians should support him, he means well for the country . grin

Sheriff must stay!!

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by AwesomeRomeo: 8:16am On Apr 16, 2016
PDP is finished!

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by Pavore9: 8:17am On Apr 16, 2016
"I, Ali Modu Sheriff, a man of character and integrity, one who would live up to expectation and his promises, hereby announce to the world that under no circumstances would I stay in office beyond the period prescribed by the Constitution of our party, the PDP,” he announced in Abuja in February..............Power is sweet! cheesy

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by funlord(m): 8:17am On Apr 16, 2016
jimfarayola:
Ali Modu Sheriff, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is campaigning to retain his office despite announcing in February that he would not extend his tenure.
Mr. Sheriff has reportedly been holding meetings with party officials and may have bought vehicles for the campaign trail.

A Honda SUV painted with PDP colors and displaying the National Chairman’s picture was seen at the PDP national secretariat in Abuja on Wednesday.
The PDP will hold its national convention on May 21 in Port Harcourt.

Mr. Sheriff, the former governor of Borno State, was previously a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), but defected to the PDP when former President Goodluck Jonathan was running for a second term. He had grievances with the APC leadership, who allegedly excluded him from the decision-making process.

"I, Ali Modu Sheriff, a man of character and integrity, one who would live up to expectation and his promises, hereby announce to the world that under no circumstances would I stay in office beyond the period prescribed by the Constitution of our party, the PDP,” he announced in Abuja in February.
An anonymous PDP governor stated that Mr. Sheriff always works for the ruling party, even when he is a member of the opposition.

The governor said he has no reason to believe that he would not do the same if he extends his tenure as National Chairman.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/15/pdp-chairman-sheriff-campaigning-retain-his-office

Whaaat? Wetin I dey see so?

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by Hillzy(m): 8:19am On Apr 16, 2016
A man of character n integrity my black ass, am not suprise those it run in d blood of PDP member, cos it's d same issue like dis dat led to d 5 rebel governor's, when GEJ clearly stated in 2011 dat he would not contest d 2015 general election n leta go against his word.

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by Fullamafia: 8:22am On Apr 16, 2016
modath:

Sheriff must stay!

Yes o. Sai Sherriff till 2023!

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by Pavore9: 8:22am On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Nigerians beg which party? It is not as if we lived in paradise, had good roads and steady power supply between 1999 and 2015!

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by JuliettaBitch(f): 8:23am On Apr 16, 2016
Beeman1:
Dreaming is allow sha.

Quota system

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by JuliettaBitch(f): 8:24am On Apr 16, 2016
Pavore9:

Nigerians beg which party? It is not as if we lived in paradise, had good roads and steady power supply between 1999 and 2015!

And what happened between 1960 and 1998?

APC can never achieve one quarter of what PDP achieved in those 16 years in 100 years!
2019 is their bus stop.., mark my word!

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by fejicruz(m): 8:28am On Apr 16, 2016
Because PDP is the messiah abi. Let PDP continue dreaming that we would come & give cat fish & milk to keep.
TANTUMERGO007:

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by DEDEAL77(m): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2016
Laitie dibo PDP ti wole Sugbon taaba dibo eele wole afike Wole

You have won PDP without voting but if vote the you would rather be burried than be elected.
Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by popcykaylah(m): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2016
JuliettaBitch:

So na apc dey rule btw 1960 and 1998?smh

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by JuliettaBitch(f): 8:32am On Apr 16, 2016
popcykaylah:

So na apc dey rule btw 1960 and 1998?smh
Then why sounding as if our problem started from 1999?

For ur info, ur demi god, the burukutu sipping dullard was part of those that ruled us between those years

Zombie

Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by Pavore9: 8:33am On Apr 16, 2016
JuliettaBitch:

Our dreams were deferred! APC and PDP are the 2 sides of the same coin as they are filled with Politicians who are concerned with their personal interests never about service nor development!.....They are predators in search of preys!
Re: PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters by hmuhammad(m): 8:35am On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
dream on, you'll beg them and not Nigerians

Fayose Kickstarts Payment Of #10m Revolving Loan To Tailors (photos) / Sunshine Stars Players Protest Over 3 Months Unpaid Salaries In Ondo State / Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War