Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading (31747 Views)

Guys: Work Hard And Be Comfortable Before Having A Serious Relationship. / Should A Married Woman Seek Her Husband's Consent Before She Cuts Her Hair???? / Sexual Consent Form That Went Berserk On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
Op is right, most guys the second you tell them you feel like seeing them, they will jst conclude you want sex grin can't you have a nice time wit your gf in your house and nt touch her?.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by porozhniy(m): 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
What happened to NO, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE SEX ?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by stubbornman(m): 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
undecided embarassed@op all these things you listed are cool signs nah...during my school days niggers will sit down outside dey wait to hear scores.. don't just come out and talk non sense... you bera start doing press up so you can sweat ....lolzzzz silly school days
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by GodblessNig247(m): 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
Why should a girl go to a guy's house wearing a dress that is revealing? It means she wants something. Op the rest points are OK apart from the last point. Girls should learn how to dress decently while visiting a guy in his house. Girls Pls don't give room for guys to think that u want sex by the way u dress while visiting . Pls be decent in ur outlook
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by XtraSmooth404: 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
Some peeps live and breath sex 24/7... undecided
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
Op u think naija ladies are bold & blunt like the whites who can tell a guy straight up that they want intimacy? No beating about the bush? Nah I think not. Naija ladies just love signs. Them full here sef... that's why I think naija females should be relegated to d lower class of animals bcus lower class animals use signs & gestures to mate. Period!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by blexy3(f): 11:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
sex! sex!! sex!!! all making front page, I guess u now want to turn NL to sex life in 9ja

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by stubbornman(m): 11:27pm On Apr 18, 2016
thesicilian:
Signs can be very misleading. Its better to be called a ''Jew'' or ''mugu'' than to betray someone's trust, or worse still, battle cases of sexual assault.
Even consent itself is not a guarantee, not to talk of going without it. A lady who has given you consent may turn round days, weeks or even years later and say she was forced.
it will be a stale news by then
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Lovelynature(m): 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
Truly, relying on signs can be very misleading as you are either wrong or right. We are in part of the world women bottle up their feelings and keep hoping that guys understand them by signs. Of course guys ain't magicians, why can't the ladies make their feelings known in clearer ways
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by lexy070(m): 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2016
1. Why be say na when rain dey fall u call... Weather for 2.
2. Why be say u wan high for guy house, afta dey go talk say na rape... Bar dey dere ooo.
3. If dey guy wan do am, he sabi arrange 4 space wit hin guys.
4. Hmmm, dat 1 pass my power ooo...
5. Pls wear moderate cloths, don't let junior stand at attention ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by 1miccza: 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
Kai amma dai O fee u can sfoke it po grammar pa.. Haba mallam... Me ya ce kuma? Egre gwan ko??
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by DanceVille: 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
Sir lalasticlala why? You didn't take my thread to home page, likewise, I guess it has d potentials of gracing front page sir.It's not easy to write and post an article sir.

I.e
10 lies ladies need to stop telling guys
www.nairaland.com/3053805/10-lies-ladies-should-stop#44788063

8 Things ladies do that shows they are the cause why they're still single
www.nairaland.com/3055708/8-things-show-nigerian-ladies

Please Sir, am looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by lexy070(m): 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
DanceVille:
Sir lalasticlala why? You didn't take my thread to home page, likewise, I guess it has d potentials of gracing front page sir.It's not easy to write and post an article sir.

I.e

Bros its de same reason y some1 wud write a journal and still hv 2 likes and share de story himself and some1 wud write a sentence and hv 500likes and 200 shares
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
Aristotle96:
my dear if u do all those signs its obvious u want to have sex o... Don't mind the Op he is trying to mislead people with his misleading topic grin

As for no.1 That's why it's called weather for 2 wen it's raining grin If she demands for sweater then give her sweater(s) cheesy

I have landed cool

obvious? Don't be too sure, i must say.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by hectorr(m): 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
Na you Sabi!!, Those points u made aren't for moi. I prefer to make a move and be turned down or even slapped , to walking on the street and hearing gists that I am impotent or that I'm a mugu . Trust babes and their fast conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
mysticgal:
M400 see post that validates your claim

I wolud've love to know what the claim is that this post is corroborating. Hope it's aint bad!
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by banmee(m): 12:02am On Apr 19, 2016
Aristotle96:
my dear if u do all those signs its obvious u want to have sex o... Don't mind the Op he is trying to mislead people with his misleading topic grin

As for no.1 That's why it's called weather for 2 wen it's raining grin If she demands for sweater then give her sweater(s) cheesy

I have landed cool

Just be careful. The moment a man or woman says no and the person continues it becomes rape.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Vinshu(f): 12:03am On Apr 19, 2016
Aristotle96:

I have landed cool

Not for me.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Vinshu(f): 12:05am On Apr 19, 2016
DanceVille:

I.e

And is there some reason why your threads are about ladies?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by mysticgal(f): 12:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Medley:

I wolud've love to know what the claim is that this post is corroborating. Hope it's aint bad!
A former thread that talked about things ladies do to show sexual intentions which was more of generalisation. So this thread disputes some of the facts. That's all
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by ghostwritter(m): 12:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Medley:
It has been the season of signs - various green lights that indicate that one is craving to have carnal knowledge of one another. I would have let the thread go without this counter-thread, but i think the importance of this thread at this time can't be underlooked or superfluous.

It will be egregious if we want to always depend on demeanours and gesture of a partner and not his/her consent before wanting to sleep with him/her.
These are why i posit so:

1. A sweater may be just the right answer.

This reason might sound funny, but give me the chance to corroborate my point. Most ladies whether they tell you or not,want guys to always treat them with tender care and not some point and sex creatures or sex symbol. Yes she came to your house, it was raining and she set-off by calling you that she is coming under the cold weather and all over your heart you think she want sex and that's why she called and she is now with you all alone. She may just want to wait somewhere until the rain stop or she just might have not had some talk time with you and that time just seem perfect. When she is in your house and she said she is cold, may be you giving her a sweater or blanket might be all she wanted.

2. She came and demanded alcohol.

She has never demanded for alcohol and this time she came and she is on her third bottle and you have concluded she want to sleep with you, this can be misconstruable! Have you asked her how she spent her day? What events have transpired in recent times? You may be preying on her vulnerability at that moment all in the name of thinking she wants to have carnal knowledge with you.
If you have sex with her and she leaves for her home you haven't solved her problems and she will know what is more important to you in the relationship.

3. He/she apriori asked his/her freind to leave the room.

And so what? Most of the time i live the room of my friends if their lady friend come visiting except what am doing there can't be done else where. next time if his/her friends live the room, it might be because they think you need your space and the guy/lady may even want sometime with you unencumbered so you could have a stronger relationship. sex can and will never make two partners be more bonded than time spent together.

4. He/she demanded you don't bring your friend(s)

In every relationship trust must be built, he/she might want to know if at the relationship life-cycle you currently are if you now truly trust each other, if you misconstrue it for sex appeal only for him/her to feel disrespected when you try to push, you may have succeeded in killing that relationship.

5. She came in with short and revealing wear and she lay her hands on you.

Yes! As indicating as it seems, the sign alone may not be what you should rely on. First, what stage of the relationship are you on. She may seem to look sensual in her outlook but have you asked what she want in her heart. Have you known her so well to know how she dresses in the day and night? What if she went somewhere and was locked out? What if she was feeling so hot inside that day she visited and decideded to dress that way.

If you don't seek the consent of anyone before trying to sleep with him/her you may find yourself battling a case of sexual assault when this was done uncosciously - one of you was not consenting. Or you may even be embarrassed if he/she is still weighing options or path to be taking in the relationship.
Relying on signs has been major reason why rape cases are growing by the day.

If you have more reasons why one should not rely upon signs please let's know

OP, If u think that a naija lady will say she wants s€x orally then u are sitting on a looonnnng thing. All that matter most is understanding. My girlfriend once told me she would have left the relationship if I was waiting for her to lure me into intimacy, that how will she even say it.
I don't advice force, just study her nature and let her be FULLY councious of ur action and a stakeholder to d fun.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 12:07am On Apr 19, 2016
hectorr:
Na you Sabi!!, Those points u made aren't for moi. I prefer to make a move and be turned down or even slapped , to walking on the street and hearing gists that I am impotent or that I'm a mugu . Trust babes and their fast conclusions.

That's where the major problem lies, we always want to be seen as the guy that seizes every opportunity to have sex, it should not be so! It all depends on what you think add value to your life. When they call you impotent, are you?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by IAMMRTWHYTE(m): 12:08am On Apr 19, 2016
undecidedAsk for consent. With 9ja girl. The means you no wan do.

How you wan take talk am self? Maybe.. BABY ARE YOU IN THE MOOD FOR SEX? Which girl go say yes... They all pretend when it comes to that. so if you can't decode d signs. OYO for u.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by ghostwritter(m): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Vinshu:
Very true.

Guys think all the time a lady wànts to have sex.
ladies think all the time a guy is happy to dash out money to her broke as§ without returns abi? Olé
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 12:12am On Apr 19, 2016
mysticgal:

A former thread that talked about things ladies do to show sexual intentions which was more of generalisation. So this thread disputes some of the facts. That's all

kk. Good to know and i feel relieved. I'm being careful not to be pioneering the wrong ideas we are being fed with this time in age, it portends seeing women to always be for sex.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by IAMMRTWHYTE(m): 12:12am On Apr 19, 2016
Ask for consent from Nigeria girl? U go Tay for bus stop. Follow d signs or miss d show..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by DanceVille: 12:15am On Apr 19, 2016
Vinshu:

And is there some reason why your threads are about ladies?
Vinshu...I'm not in the mood to answer your question.

Merci!
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 12:15am On Apr 19, 2016
ghostwritter:

ladies think all the time a guy is happy to dash out money to her broke as§ without returns abi? Olé

Don't give out what you can't give freely if that's the case

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Vinshu(f): 12:21am On Apr 19, 2016
ghostwritter:

I understand that ladies you have encountered have treated you in an unfair manner in regard to your finances

Sorry.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 12:24am On Apr 19, 2016
ghostwritter:

OP, If u think that a naija lady will say she wants s€x orally then u are sitting on a looonnnng thing. All that matter most is understanding.

why are you generalizing? Are you trying to tell me that you've not met a Nigerian lady that will tell you what she wants and how she want whatever in a relationship?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by MarieSucre(f): 12:25am On Apr 19, 2016
Most of all these oblong headed Nigerian boys will call this trash and find different yeye excuses to discredit it because, they first think with their dick and will find all excuse to justify thinking with their dick.
If they cannot fvck then why did it come to their house
If they cannot fvck it then why did it wear skirt
If they cannot fvck it then why did it make new hair
If they cannot fvck it then why is it breathing oxygen inside his house.

That is your total contribution to humanity. That you were able to last for a whole 20 seconds. Orgasm de woman no see to orgasm. but you're proud of your accomplishments. mtchewww

Pls tell them o. Dem no dey hear word. No means No. Sex no be food.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2016
banmee:

Just be careful. The moment a man or woman says no and the person continues it becomes rape.

Trust the Nigerian Judiciary system to be very 'helpful' in this regard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Temmie Ovwasa: I Don't Want To Have A Child Because Of Hererophobia (Video) / How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. / Ladies: 7 Ways To Tell If A Guy No Longer Fancies You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.