Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (81893 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 8:59am On Jun 18, 2007
Hi Chy, which one is old fashioned? lol

I have always know one method, unless you have a new method, my method is thus:

1. The Head, i.e Nairaland Secretaries Meeting Held on 14/4/07 at Nairaland Club, Lagos grin
2. Attendance
3. Abstent
4. Apologises (if any)
5. Opening
(there could be adoption of last minutes here)
6. Matters Arising (From here, you create other headings depending on what is discussed)
7. Any other Business (mostly discussions that are apart from the agenda of the day)
8. Closing prayer.
9. Adjourment,i.e place and date of next meeting.

Hope l never missed out any thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2007
Hi everybody.  Mypeace congratulations and welcome back.

Pardon me for my absence.  In response to Chy, here's an example -

Minutes of the Meeting
Venue:
Date: 08/06/2007
Start Time: 10.05am End Time: 10.45am

1.0 ATTENDANCE

1.1     Paul

DISTRIBUTION: Attendees

2.0 AGENDA

1. Visits
2. Office
3. Human Resource Issues
4. General

2.1 Visits

S/N Issues Discussed Action By Date

Next meeting is on Friday, 2007at  am

I hope it helps.  cheers!

1 Like

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2007
Hi Chy, I hope the delay in replying to your post hasn’t caused you anything?

As my own little contribution, I understand a minute to be a record of the biz transaction at a meeting. It should be brief but absolutely clear so that it can serve as a meaningful reference. Below is a list of steps you can take to prepare a minute, hope its not 'old fashioned' winkwink

1. Name of the organization
2. Type of meeting – annual, quarterly, monthly, department etc.
3. Place, Date and time of the meeting.
4. Attendance.
5. Preliminary activities; reading of minutes of the previous meetings, its adoption, apologies, and matters arising from the minute.
6. Reports, unfinished business, new business and decision.
7. Any other business
8. Date of the next meeting
9. Adjournment
10. Closing.
It is advisable to write the minute shortly after the meeting to prevent the possibility of missing out some vital issues.

Goodluck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2007
@Beau1, happy to have you back, hope you'll not run away again soon smiley

@mypeace, hw u dey? Hw work?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:40am On Jun 19, 2007
Teena, am fine thx and how are you and work? hope the fuel sacarcity/strike is not "chopping" all your money, as am experience over here. grin

Beau1, welcome back to the forum.

Chy, hope you will gather someting from all the steps above.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2007
Hi

Thanks my fellow colleagues in the secretary/PA desks
how is work going.
The minutes depends on the agenda format
In my org, we use excel format
Date- Time started attendees, Absentees,location
Overall Objectives
No, Topic ,Discussion, Action, Responsiblity ,Deadline
These are all subheadings and what u need is bullet points

thanks
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2007
I guess this excel format should be the new fashion.
Its nice.

Cheers!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by brownbaby(f): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2007
Congrats Mypeace its only that u didnt unvite us, I thank God for you anyway,
my wedding is coming up soon too, i hope you'll
share your experience with me when I need it in the area of planning.

Beau1 u are welcome back, teena howz life with you.

Chy could you attach a copy of the excel format of minute taking for us to see, never heard of that.

My regards to everyone in the house including the newcomers, hope the strike is not too hard on you.

Have a gr8 wkend.

NB: Pls Keep me posted on UNILAG Masters form.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by kaymi(f): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2007
Thanks y'all, I am grateful for creating this,

App
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2007
Staff Meeting                       Meeting Number:

[table]DATE HELD: 3rd May, 2006 OWNER:
TIME STARTED: 11.30am ATTENDEES:
TIME FINISHED: 2.00pm UNABLE TO ATTEND:
LOCATION HELD: INVITED GUEST:
OVERALL OBJECTIVE

No Issue Action Responsibility Desired By Status
1. Administrative
Administrative issues

I HOPE IT HELPS
HI LADIES I WANT TO GIVE MY GUY A SURPRISE BIRTHDAY GIFT
IN HIS WORK PLACE. IS PROPER TO SEND A CAKE OR WAT

THANKS
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 7:46am On Jun 27, 2007
Well i have read all the write-ups. I feel very honoured to have found myself in this profession. I have worked as a PA in my first job before i moved into telecoms to acquire more knowledge. I must say that your years of experience on the job has almost made you an authority if not an authority now. I started my new job sometime in August 2006 and till date am still trying hard to cope with the challenges of the job.

I applied as a Business Developer but i was interviewed as a PA. You may be wondering what is the relationship. I found it hard to believe myself. The interviewer viewed me as someone who could handle information because of my personality. By the way your personality at a PA matters alot. You are either firm or weak. I was asked which do i prefer to steal the employees time or teach the employees on how to use their time?

My answer was to first to teach them on how to use their time and secondly steak their time when a task is to be accomplished. The lady looked at me and said i would be best in the position of a PA rather than as a Business Developer.

Well am the errand boy due to the position in my unit, I work in a company where you meet with people daily and also have to attend meetings from almost morning till night. I resume at 6am and close at times 8pm depending on the meeting.

I would really appreciate it if we could exchange ideas often.

Thank you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 7:49am On Jun 27, 2007
Mypeace.

Happy Married Life. The blessing attached to the promise of marriage i pray would be yours in Jesus name. Am also married now for 1year 10months and 20day.

Greetings to your hubby.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:02am On Jun 27, 2007
Hi Ojurere, welcome to our forum. lt's good having you here and thx for those wonderful contributions and luvly wishes.

l really love your contribution and answer to the question. l was just imagining what the your response could be, l had never faced such a question before. But what do you mean by "stealing their time when the work is to be accomplished"?

Wow! you resume by 6am, when do you leave home? pls ooooo, they shouldnt over-work you.

Hope to hear more contributions from you. smiley

@ Chy,

Thats a good format, but personally, l dont see it as a universally accepted format of writing minutes. That should be a 'departmental format' which may not fit in, in another type of meeting. If you are called upon to take minutes e.g social gathering, surely this format will not be required and you may be at lost on what to do.

On the Birthday gift to your guy, yea, the cake will be a good idea, but dont deliver it yourself, engage the services of a courier company. lt will look more thrilling to him.
cheers. smiley
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2007
MyPeace,

What i meant by stealing their time is set target and make them finish in due time and alsomake them work extra hours without you letting them realise they are working overtime.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2007
@ Ojurere that's a good tactics,  you are welcome to this wonderful forum.  We hope to learn more from you.

On the Birthday gift to your guy, yea, the cake will be a good idea, but don't deliver it yourself, engage the services of a courier company.  lt will look more thrilling to him. 

Exactly! I wish I were around to take up the courier service and get my own cut. wink wink
Anyway, @Chy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR  SWTHRT and please don't forget to cut and paste our own cake oooo smiley smiley smiley
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2007
Teena,

Thank you. I have always been reading articles from this room. I would like you all to know that the truth is not far from this room. I commend the effort of the person who started this room. I really wish we could all have a way of chatting daily either from Yahoo or MSN. Well this is my yahoo details tfunbi2001@yahoo.com

Anyone interested in chatting can buzz me.

Thank you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by corinth(f): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2007
I LOVE THIS COLUMN I MYSELF AM A PA AND PRESENTLY AM BEGINNING TO THINK THIS MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN MY LIFE. ANY WAY READING THROUGH HAS KIND OF UPLIFTED MY SPIRIT AND GIVEN ME ONE OR TWO FACTS TO PUT IN THE JOB. SO TANXS SO MUCH & KEEP THE FLAG FLYING
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2007
hi Corth, welcome to the forum.

why do you see it as a mistake? Did you read Sec. Admin in school or u read another course and found yourself as one? pls share the challenge(s) u are having that makes you see it as a mistake.

Cheers.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 8:02am On Jul 06, 2007
Hello Corinth

welcome to our forum. It is amazing to hear from you saying it was almost a mistake. We shall appreciate it if you could share your experience with us. Am quite certain you would realise it was one of the best choice you have made in life.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2007
Helo everybody smiley cheesy kiss

Welcome Corinth, we are waiting to read more from you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by bignero: 9:26am On Jul 11, 2007
HI PA,S AND SECETARIES,AM SORT OF AFRESH GRAD, AM 25 AND WORKING ,HOWEVER I GOT A JOB OFFER AS A PA FOR COMPANY RUNNING DIFFERENT THINGS,COULD AN EXPERIENCED PA GIVE ME INFO ON WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS,THE PROSPECTS OF A PA, WAHT THE PAY PACK IS LIKE ETC AND THE ISSUE OF MEETINGS AM A BIT ON THE SHY SIDE,MUST I SPEAK DURING MEETINGS?? OR WHAT, COS I INTEND ON TAKIN THE JOB
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2007
Hi Big Nero

You are welcome to our forum.  If you read through our various discussions, you will get most answers to your question.
But note that you are not expected to speak at the meetings, even if you know the subject in question, you are there just to take the minutes you are not part of them (Management Meetings, am not talking of departmental meeting which u are sure part of), .  thats why you put in your name as  IN ATTENDANCE.

TO ALL CONCERN

UNILAG HAS ADVERTISED THEIR POSTGRAUDATE PROGRAM, ON TODAY 12/7/07 GUARDIAN NEWS PAPER, APPLICATION CLOSES ON 3/8/07.

WE SHALL GET THERE!!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2007
Thank for the information MyPeace.

Big Nero, welcome to our forum, am glad mypeace answered your questions. You would learn alot in this forum just try and read through other writeups in here. I wish you the very best in you new job.

Welcome on board.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Mandora(f): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2007
I'm very impressed by d fact dat u know ur job well are putting effort in 2 doin it well and from d sound of things u seem 2 b enjoying ur job u r a rare combination these days I wish all d best
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by LadyM1: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2007
Hi everyone,

am back 4rm my honeymoon, gud to read 4rm our few members, welcome to d club. Hw is life generally? pls i need a help 4rm us. i av a friend dat is searching 4 a PA job pls my email addy is macimee@yahoo.com pls lets help each other
tnx.

Am adjusting to d married club life, is quite an experience. My prayer to us mostly those dat re believing God 4 their bone, in no time it will be a testimony n 4 us dat re already in it, we will build a mini-heaven rite in our homes in Jeus Name Amen.

All d best.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ ladyM

H A P P Y M A R R I E D L I F E!!! AND WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

pls do cut and paste our CAKE here ooo, (as Tina usually say)

Welcome back.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by LadyM1: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2007
MyPeace, tnx i wld av loved to bt my scan is fault smiley

What is happening? no word 4rm anyone, hope all is well

anyway dear pls do anyone av an idea wat a SPREADSHEET in a graphic system is all abt? i dnt my boss asked me, i felt i shld kwn it pls i need ur help.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Bioshow: 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2007
Hello all,

Am new in this forum, i just got to know abt it today. Am also a secretary and really happy to be in touch with colleagues, I've read some of the posts and really impressed to see people that still love this job.

I love the job of a secretary but my present job has made me loose interest in it. I hv worked in this place for about 5 yrs now without anything to show for it and am really tired. Am believing God for a new God and pray to get one b4 the end of this month.
The job as become a routine and there's nothing to do. Pls pray along with me.
Thank you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by ipheanyi: 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2007
Keep it up fellow colleagues. It seems all of you are female secretaries. I am a male one. Though not in practice. The job is quite challenging. But be focused you will not regret.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:24am On Jul 30, 2007
l welcome all the new members.

@LadyM

Spreedsheet in a graphic system?  l havent heard of that before.  Does he mean maybe using excel to draw up charts and the rest of them.  because l know spreedsheet has to do with Excel. Or does he mean Desktop publishing?
Anyway, let us know the purpose of it first, then we can figure out what he actually wants.  Or is it a new package in town.  please explain better.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by charlione(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2007
@poster,
why do i have the feeling that u have cut and paste the material u are sharing with us.its ok though, lol. grin
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2007
My warmest greetings to everyone in the house and welcome to all New members.
@ipheanyi , you are mostly welcome.  Honestly we guys here because I believe their unique experience on the job will have a lot to offer us.

@Lady M, CONGRATULATIONS on your Wedding!  May God grant you an enviable union, amen.
anyway dear please do anyone av an idea what a SPREADSHEET in a graphic system is all about? i dnt my boss asked me, i felt i shld kwn it please i need your help.[color=#770077][/color]I hv never heard of this, pls anyone with details should kindly keep us informed.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.