Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,359 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (81885 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2007
are u guys sleeping?? lol!!!grin grin grin
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by vinna(f): 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2007
There is an opening for the post of secretary in my organisation. The following are the requirements.

1.  HND Secretarial Admin

2.  Max 30 Years Female

3.  At least 3 years experience

4. Ability to use excel and powerpoint is a MUST

Please note that it is a bank and they employ secretaries as contract staff with a monthly salary of N40k - N45k. Anyone who is interested should send me their CV on nomsiano@yahoo.com.

Only candidates who meet the above requirements need contact me please.

Thank you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2007
Vinna God bless you really good for spicing up this forum. l hope the members that need job will see this before the offer elapses.

Thank you once more.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2007
vinna:

Only candidates who meet the above requirements need contact me please.

Thank you.

Quite thotful of you. Saturday work?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2007
@Vinna

Thanks for u're Post. May God help those that are interested just like me.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2007
HELLO EVERYBODY, I hope you all are enjoying your jobs?
Big Welcome to all our new members.

Mypeace how far? Long time!

@Vinna, I commend you for that post, you are welcome to the forum.

@Angelmart, you can get your PGD from Unilag but that will be for next session. Also, check previous posts on this thread, there were comments about ICSA. I think its a person decision. Goodluck

@Aladunni, you are welcome. As for your post, well Mypeace has said it all. You should remember that you are the secretary and if anything goes wrong with the "official secrets" in your office you will be held responsible. Therefore, be firm on your position, avoid sentiments, no matter what you do, you can not please everybody. Do not allow anybody to interfere in your job, there must be limit in every thing. If your Office Assistant is not reliable, then dont leave yourself open to him or her; so goes for the messengers or other subordinates. Handle strict confidential documents or matters yourself. The heart of man is very hidden, this job is a very delicate one, you put in a lot to protect it. You can make those people your friends but not the friends of your job. All you need is diplomacy, I wish you well.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2007
tanx teena
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2007
Tina welcome back. l thought you have abandoned us in this forum cheesy. How are you and work?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by sabastine: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2007
Sorry, it was a wrong posting
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by soulonfire(f): 10:56am On Sep 20, 2007
BG GROUP is one of the leading forces in Natural Gas-One of the fastest growing sources of energy.

BG Group is recruiting a Secretary who will be reporting to the vice president contract & compliance and will provide effective and efficient secretarial and administrative support to the contract and compliance team.

To succeed, you will need to be PC Literate to a high level, be conversant with law office environment and have the skill to communicate effectively with internal management and business clients at all levels. To apply email your CV as word document to BGresourcing@peopleprime.net
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Bosdem(f): 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2007
nice one. Thanks.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2007
Thx very much soulNOTonfire cheesy

but where is the location of the employment?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2007
@soulonfire, WELLDONE

@mypeace, am fine and my work is ok too, thanks.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 9:53am On Sep 26, 2007
Please, I need urgent help!!!

How do I go about Excel Tutorials?

I dont normally use it for my jobs in the office so I have forgotten so many things. Now I need to prepare a data that will include percenatge, average etc. I can't find my way out.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 5:21pm On Sep 26, 2007
@teena

Check this but if it is not okay then let me have your Id so that I can forward some tutorials to your box.

Average Function

There are many functions built into many spreadsheets. One of the first ones that we are going to discuss is the Average function. The average function finds the average of the specified data. (Simplifies adding all of the indicated cells together and dividing by the total number of cells.) The syntax is as follows.
• =Average (first value, second value, etc.)
Text fields and blank entries are not included in the calculations of the Average Function.

Let's use the table here for the discussion that follows:
We will look at several different specific examples that show how the average function can be used! A
1 25
2 50
3 75
4 100

Example Cells to average Answer
=average (A1:A4) A1, A2, A3, A4 62.5
=average (A1:A4, 300) A1, A2, A3, A4 and 300 110
=average (A1:A5) A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 62.5
=average (A1:A2, A4) A1, A2, A4 58.33
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:14am On Sep 27, 2007
Angelmart welldone. l dont know it that much. l do it my own way cheesy
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2007
@MyPeace
Thank you, how is work and family?. I hope the good Lord is doing you well?

@teena

You can do it this way:-
To Calculate the average of numbers in a contiguous row or column
Click a cell below or to the right of the numbers for which you want to find the average.
Click the arrow next to AutoSum on the Standard toolbar , and then click Average and press ENTER.
Or
You select the numbers, click on the function tool bar and specifi your action. eg
=Average(B2:B8) enter

Do the same for Pecentage.
G/luck
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2007
Angelmart, thank you very much. I've got it but in case of any other difficulty some other time, I wdnt mind the tutorials though wink agaezim@dublin.com is my ID.
Keep up the good work!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 10:23am On Oct 04, 2007
Please join me to thank God, at last I got the offer through that Vinna's Post, I start work on Monday.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Aladunni(f): 10:42am On Oct 04, 2007
Angelmart:

Please join me to thank God, at last I got the offer through that Vinna's Post, I start work on Monday.

Congratulations o, am so happy for you. lots of hugs and a kiss just from me to you kiss
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:53am On Oct 04, 2007
Angelmart,  Am so happy for you, PRAISE GOD!!!.  And Vinna Thanks alot.  So how is banking job?  u are now a banker cheesy    How was the interview or Vinna did a personalised connection for you.  Abeg tell us when they employing PERMANENT staff oo,

C O N G R A T  S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2007
wheres everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss kiss
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2007
hello here! cheesy
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2007
Hi Beau1, long time! Where have you been? You are welcome back to the house.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 7:26am On Oct 15, 2007
@Aladunni, Thks very much

@MyPeace, Thks very much, I think she did personlized connection because the interview was so serious. I promise to inform whenever there is opening for permanent staff. The job is interest for now.

To everybody thanks. And let us keep on praying for one another especially those that are still looking for job that God will provided for them.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 7:40am On Oct 15, 2007
I mean it wasn't so serious, that to say she did personalized connection.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2007
I mean it wasn't so serious, that to say she did personalized connection.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2007
Am so happy for you my dear, We praise God that this forum has made somebody glad. My kudos to Vinna tongue tongue tongue
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by slitty: 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2007
hi everyone, this has been very interesting. i need your advise on some issues bothering me. i work as a personal assistant to the ceo of a fairly big organisation (one man biz), although i started this job in july, it has been very dry not challenging atall, i am not allowed to do the job of a personal assintant. our humam resoucre manager is the problem, she complians about everything to the extent of telling me she doesn't like the way i look at her. her charater is soo bad to everybody and nobody has the guts to say anything, i really don't know what is going on, she gets away with everything she does to the extent of reading my ogas personal mail, she fires and hire anybody anyhow for my oga and he doesn't talk, i am soo confused, i can't even have a decent conversation with my oga, whenever my oga wants to do anything she always has to know, she more like a personal assistant and i am more like an office assistant, she is not making me enjoy the work and atall and she is trying to turn me into something else. i am always a peoples' person before but now i feel so uncomfortable to the extent that i can even speak speak two words to my oga. i am soo confused, i need the money but i am not enjoying what i am doing. reporting her is to oga is out of the way because he won't say anything, sometimes i feel she has jazzed him up. what do i do?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2007
do you suspects that shes having affair with ur oga or is she a relation, how did she get access to your boss's password? Do you share the same office? Abeg you need to answer plenty question before we can say something. lts a very unique dilemma. Do you also report to her as a PA?

1 Like

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by slitty: 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2007
i certainly feel she having an affiar with my boss, even when i started the jobs a particular friend of my boss called me in private, to me to beware of her, and his is not the only one that told me, so many people working there did not that they said it in plain words o. i don't report to her as a pa but sometimes give give me job that are of relevance to my designation at all. for examples telling me to make photocopies for her own assistant, develop a driving policy and so on. she collects from my boss, everything i have to do then she now give them to me, shout her head off and then claims she is doing all the work. i am so tired of her, she does like a baby, throwing tantrums when things don't go her way. she nags claiming she is doing all the work in the own company and she would never mind her own biz. example before they sign any check, they have to consult her etc,
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by slitty: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2007
sorry for some mistake there, it is just too much for me to spit out, and she isn't a relation atall. i don't even think is has ever been friends with my boss' wife

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.