Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep (33955 Views)

6 Tips To Help You Fall Asleep / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep / 8 Lifestyle Habits You Should Change To Make You Fall Asleep Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Haryohdeji(m): 11:35pm On May 01, 2016
Wetin do velom5 or codine
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by johnstar(m): 11:37pm On May 01, 2016
Dts an advantage, start hustling, no sleeping on a bicycle
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by martineverest(m): 11:37pm On May 01, 2016
Fifthcolumnist:
OP, I'm like you. My average bedtime is 11:59 unless I had hectic day in that case I sleep early. The only non medical solution to is to watch a boring movie when ever you feel like sleeping ( that's what I do) or read a book.

I think it's common to people with high brain activity.
you got it with your last sentence..... Ac mm Av been trying yoga breathing exercises, it works
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Idrismusty97(m): 11:38pm On May 01, 2016
Bjergtrolde:

Read the post again. He would not be trying to fall asleep again if he is getting quality sleep. He would not be taking opiates or hypnotics if he was getting good sleep.

Seriously if you are getting 3 hours of refreshing sleep at such a young age, then something ain't quite right. Of course there are a few exceptions and you may well be one of them , but 3 hours at your age, ? e get as im be.

My definition of quality sleep? Refreshing sleep. If you are tired when you wake up in the morning, something is wrong

The fact that he took some drugs still doesn't concludes he have Insomnia. He may just feel something is wrong with him since people around him fall asleep easily. But he may be perfectly fine. I am not ruling out the possibility of Insomnia tho, Just using myself and tons of others i know as examples. The OP still didn't gave out enough information, Like if he is actually tired when he wakes up like you said. Meanwhile you may want to check out this article(Again i am not ruling out the possibility of Insomnia, I just don't want the OP to worry about a problem he doesn't have);

Intelligent People All Have One Thing In Common: They Stay Up Later Than You
http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/night-owls-creative-intelligent/686025/
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Haryohdeji(m): 11:38pm On May 01, 2016
NaLaugh:
Insomnia is pretty common. However, not all cases of sleep troubles are clinical insomnia.

In many cases, the person is just not exerted enough by their daily activities. e.g a manual laborer who works from dusk till dawn will typically be asleep before he hits the sheets.

On the other hand, an inactive person who spends all day at home, perhaps browsing FB or Nairaland, with the occasional idle stroll outside might have trouble sleeping.

What is your daily routine like?
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,
I'm fed up, I'm having problem sleeping.
Right from my childhood days, sleeping in the aftnoon had always been impossible, not even a siesta.
At nights, its always after lying-in for about 1:15m to 1:30m before finally sleeping off and if i should get up to urinate before daybreak, my eyes will become clear; no sleep again no matter how hard i try.
Trams, Coddein, Valium5, Cenpain night, just mention it does not make me sleep, it only makes me high or intoxicate me.
Although i always feel sleepy whenever am depressed, bored, alone or in a cool breezy environment, the momment i lie down or get ready to sleep then the urge is gone.
what could be my problem.
what can i do to get over it.

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Irishrena1(f): 11:39pm On May 01, 2016
Bro seriously, I wish i was like you. If I mean to sleep, I can stand at the bus stop on the express road and sleep. Nothing stands in my way. I can sleep 12 hours straight from night till morning if I'm not going to work or have any other thing to do
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Idrismusty97(m): 11:40pm On May 01, 2016
greggng:
This are some of the reasons why u don't sleep. Lack of money, involved in a dirty business that took someone's life, ie 419 involving a white woman hanging herself cos you ve stolen all her life saving. You committed sin of abortion. You killed someone for rituals. You sacked you wife and she jumped into the lagoon and die etc. Solution deliverance. Church mfm or deeper life or tb joshua not tunji o aka teebillz
LOL
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Udofire(m): 11:40pm On May 01, 2016
halfricanadian:

Then i guess i have a high IQ tank u tho
stop deceiving yourself
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by halfricanadian(f): 11:43pm On May 01, 2016
Udofire:

stop deceiving yourself

I can say what i wish for mysef smiley

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by oluyale(m): 11:46pm On May 01, 2016
Take janja, simple arithmetic
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by naijaking1: 11:46pm On May 01, 2016
tommykiwi:
Pls where r the doctors in the building...please U guys should throw more lite on dis issue.

Doctors don't just throw advise for free, you know!
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 01, 2016
canalily:
Please let the watchnight know and register with them for security watch by night. Buy good touch eehundecided
cheesy Funny how sleeplessness would flee from him if he does this grin
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by cybriz82(m): 11:50pm On May 01, 2016
Chaii anybody wey emploay dis 1 for night watch security no go ever get problem with am....itz well bro no b only u dey go thru dis tin.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 11:50pm On May 01, 2016
same here.... I do sleep around 4:30am and wake up 6am every day....buh my own nah phone addiction sha
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Mologi(m): 11:51pm On May 01, 2016
My had same problem....he s now sleeping welll with trailler snoring....

Also getting very very fat...
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by canalily(m): 11:51pm On May 01, 2016
chimkaire:
cheesy Funny how sleeplessness would flee from him if he does this grin
security needs those that are finding it difficult to sleep at 9t so that they can keep watchangry
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Barigaboy(m): 11:52pm On May 01, 2016
Insomnia (in-SOM-ne-ah) is a common sleep disorder.
People who have insomnia have trouble falling asleep,
staying asleep, or both. As a result, they may get too little
sleep or have poor-quality sleep. They may not feel
refreshed when they wake up.
Overview
Insomnia can be acute (short-term) or chronic
(ongoing). Acute insomnia is common and often is
brought on by situations such as stress at work, family
pressures, or a traumatic event. Acute insomnia lasts for
days or weeks.
Chronic insomnia lasts for a month or longer. Most cases
of chronic insomnia are secondary, which means they
are the symptom or side effect of some other problem.
Certain medical conditions, medicines, sleep disorders,
and substances can cause secondary insomnia.
In contrast, primary insomnia isn't due to medical
problems, medicines, or other substances. It is its own
distinct disorder, and its cause isn’t well understood.
Many life changes can trigger primary insomnia,
including long-lasting stress and emotional upset.
Insomnia can cause daytime sleepiness and a lack of
energy. It also can make you feel anxious, depressed, or
irritable. You may have trouble focusing on tasks, paying
attention, learning, and remembering. These problems
can prevent you from doing your best at work or school.
Insomnia also can cause other serious problems. For
example, you may feel drowsy while driving, which could
lead to an accident.
Outlook
Treating the underlying cause of secondary insomnia
may resolve or improve the sleep problem, especially if
you can correct the problem soon after it starts. For
example, if caffeine is causing your insomnia, stopping or
limiting your intake of the substance might make the
insomnia go away.
Lifestyle changes, including better sleep habits, often help
relieve acute insomnia. For chronic insomnia, your
doctor may recommend medicines or cognitive-
behavioral therapy. Consult raw local herb seller first those people r superb. Before Dr
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Udofire(m): 11:53pm On May 01, 2016
Adek15:
ironically, mine is exactly opposite of yours. I sleep a lot. If I sleep in the night, to wake in the morning is something else. You can imagine most days I wake by 9am even if i sleep by 9pm. The worst part is if I drink bullet or nescafe, it will be as if I took sleeping drug.
Pls I need help too
i could be of some help but i need to know if its a joke or its for real?
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Dapsin2901: 11:53pm On May 01, 2016
Maybe you think too much or your body is lack of something kindly contact your DR
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Vveni(m): 11:54pm On May 01, 2016
Once you lie down thinking of sleep carry your HOLY BIBLE and start reading... Surest way to overcome..
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by tomdon(m): 11:56pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,
Right from my childhood days, sleeping in the aftnoon had always been impossible, not even a siesta.
At nights, its always after lying-in for about 1:15m to 1:30m before finally sleeping off and if i should get up to urinate before daybreak, my eyes will become clear; no sleep again no matter how hard i try.
Trams, Coddein, Valium5, Cenpain night, just mention it does not make me sleep, it only makes me high or intoxicate me.
Although i always feel sleepy whenever am depressed, bored, alone or in a cool breezy environment, the momment i lie down or get ready to sleep then the urge is gone.

eat good food, exercise, eat heavy food in the day time, light food at night.
avoid coffee, alcohol, cigarette and all those drugs you mentioned,
if you abide by these rules, your next topic will be how can I reduce my oversleeping
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 01, 2016
canalily:
security needs those that are finding it difficult to sleep at 9t so that they can keep watchangry
Yeah, yeah, that's right smiley
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by AgentGoat: 11:59pm On May 01, 2016
Maximus85:

Count 1-500 and backwards in your head.
grin grin
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by madjune(m): 12:01am On May 02, 2016
Call Michael Jackson's doctor ASAP.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by tragergeorge(m): 12:07am On May 02, 2016
Try kwale weed, then press am with one benson,bros i bet you na palour chair day go break you
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Udofire(m): 12:07am On May 02, 2016
halfricanadian:

I can say what i wish for mysef smiley
yes of course, no one is holding you back for that. You maybe right but at the same time wrong coz your brilliance maybe combined with something else, i mean it maybe a symptom for something.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by koolpope(m): 12:08am On May 02, 2016
Read physics textbook,it should increase d amount of impulse firing at once in ur brain,reducing d oxygen available nd leading to sleep
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Anuoluwap(m): 12:10am On May 02, 2016
igraman:
Please help,
Had the same problem for years, actually from childhood. I got to know it's called Insomnia studying psychology gave me more insight about it and more control.
Sleep disorder can be cured in not so many ways. But first, you'll have to get to the root of the problem. Become a student; study yourself, why don't you like sleeping? Is it that you don't always feel comfortable where you sleep? Or is it that you're too busy most times that you don't have time spare for sleeping? These are part of the things that affected me when I grew up, although right from birth I don't like sleeping but those factors will worsen it when you're grown up. Let's go practical, you wake up like 5am, got up to prepare for school or work. You can't sleep at work or in school so your body won't be used to sleeping during the day. It would be like a strange thing to your body. Now, you got home, find something to cook or helped do house chores or have somewhere to go. Then the night comes you'll have to chat with your friends before sleeping or have to do one or two things online or on your phone like playing game. Then 1am, 2am then you're knocked out. It's a routine, that actually affects some Nigerian Students. There was one thing I did - I STUDIED myself got to knew what really makes me want to sleep and I found out that listening to music mostly the ones I like the most will actually lull me to sleep like a baby. Why? Music has a very good influence on your body and mind - it alters even your brain functioning at times making your brain and body nerves want to use energy while you sing along. By that you'll fall asleep quickly. Or just put your daily routines in check so you won't be denying yourself a sleep.
Lastly, take it to the Lord in prayer.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by joeslimwize: 12:10am On May 02, 2016
babs01:
Na because u no dey do exercise or some kind of hard work, u no dey bath b4 u go to bed. try anyone of d 3 u go sleep so tey dem go wake u up u go say buhari sef
Nigerians,must u include buhari...LOL!

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by halfricanadian(f): 12:18am On May 02, 2016
Udofire:

yes of course, no one is holding you back for that. You maybe right but at the same time wrong coz your brilliance maybe combined with something else, i mean it maybe a symptom for something.

Ok tanx
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Udofire(m): 12:19am On May 02, 2016
canalily:
a bullet is enough to end the whole misery of a 9twatch or security.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Use Bitter Leaf To Cure Diabetes / How To Prevent HIV After You Have Been Exposed. / Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.