Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? (75714 Views)

Why We Won’t Appeal Disallowed Goal Against Nigeria – Zambia FA / Jose Mourinho Will Escape FA Punishment For Being Sent Off Against Southampton / Governor Udom Visits Super Eagles, Promises $10,000 Per Goal Against Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by richardmba(m): 11:59pm On May 01, 2016
alexistaiwo:
I think it is high time we started paying closer attention to the fact that Man City players are in the habit of snubbing Ihenancho whenever he scores unlike their habitual mobbing of other goalscorers.
Even Arsenal Legend, Thierry Henry once made a comment about this same issue
what do you think?
Atually,U r right but sometimes u dnt need to celebrate too much especially when u r still dnw with some goals.He is always carried away that he even forgets to appreciate the player who assisted him.That's wot ypoung players do.Score and run to ur assistant and hug him.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by RealCJ: 12:07am On May 02, 2016
sauceny:
If you also noticed in the champions league,Man City ought to have an advantage over Real Madrid with one goal at home,when stupid Aguero had the perfect opportunity to pass to Iheanacho to clinch a goal,despite the fact he knew he wouldn't score the goal.

The senior/older team mates are jealous of his constant good delivery.
u just said it all especially Aguero and Yaya. They should go to hell for all I care, who God has blessed no one can curse.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by Rexnegro(m): 12:19am On May 02, 2016
alexistaiwo:
I think it is high time we started paying closer attention to the fact that Man City players are in the habit of snubbing Ihenancho whenever he scores unlike their habitual mobbing of other goalscorers.
what do you think?
because his goal doesn't count...imagine it's ucl final, they go cover am join ground...so bro no twist am, You can't be losing badly and expect ur players celebrate one goal that's Not important
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by MhizterCliq(m): 12:32am On May 02, 2016
nl seff. e too early jaree
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by MhizterCliq(m): 12:32am On May 02, 2016
nl seff. e too early jaree :'
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by P0intBlank(m): 12:33am On May 02, 2016
alexistaiwo:

nice point bro but have seen countless teams celebrate when a player pulls a goal back after being 2-0 down.
hit like if you think there is a conspiracy theory at work in this issue.
share if u think there is nothing about it

It could happen in 2-legged tie when the goal is important in the context of the tie e.g an away goal.

1 Like

Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by Daraph(m): 12:36am On May 02, 2016
alexistaiwo:

nice point bro but have seen countless teams celebrate when a player pulls a goal back after being 2-0 down.

Yeah! Tahiti Vs Nigeria then.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by P0intBlank(m): 12:38am On May 02, 2016
deeplow:
I have seen that happen a couple of times. Truth be told, he has to learn quick. There are some goals you just dont waste time celebrating. Your team is a goal or 2 down, you score, and start heading towards the corner flag to celebrate... thats immature.

The normal thing is to grab the ball and run towards the centre circle, your teammates will shake hands with you and the match resumes, no time wasting.

Against Crystal Palace, away, when he scored the winning goal in the dying minutes of the game, they all rallied round him and celebrated.

I can bet you didn't watch the match.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by banmee(m): 1:01am On May 02, 2016
alexistaiwo:

I wouldn't celebrate with him either. I have noticed that each time he scores, he never/hardly acknowledges the assist and who gives it to him. He just runs to the touchline pointing his fingers up like he did it all by himself. Players don't like that. Watch Neymar, Messi, and Suarez or even Madrid, and see how they acknowledge each other every time a goal is scored. In my playing days it was always courtesy to do that.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by romance247(m): 1:12am On May 02, 2016
sample042:
Do you know what it means to be a black in the midst of whites?
my brother they don't know
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by P0intBlank(m): 1:19am On May 02, 2016
Elxandre:
When you guys are done causing disharmony between he and his teammates, let me know.

Which sensible player runs to the corner flag to celebrate an goal when being 2-0 down except a self centered man?

It's obvious you didn't watch the match. I stand to be corrected; there has never been a time he scored while they were trailing 2-0 that he ran to corner flag to celebrate.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by ogmask: 1:23am On May 02, 2016
sample042:

I will ask yaya...
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by MentalCase(m): 1:43am On May 02, 2016
alexistaiwo:

undecided
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:17am On May 02, 2016
Nacho knows his Big Brothers Love him.

Come on Cityzens.

Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by chinchum(m): 2:17am On May 02, 2016
ireneony:
white are racist just look at what they did to balotelli

how about what balloteli did to himself?
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by Nobody: 3:05am On May 02, 2016
This Biafran boy need to keep his form and know how to celebrate a goal when there is need for it. I don't know why Biafrans like to overdo self...
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by Nobody: 3:27am On May 02, 2016
sample042:

Who are the whites in that team? Man City team is majorly blacks if you don't know;

Bacary Sagna

Yaya Touré

Wilfried Bony

Vincent Kompany

Kelechi Iheanacho

Gaël Clichy

Fernando

Fernandinho

Eliaquim Mangala

Just to mention but a few. I am a fan of Iheanacho but all goals are not to be celebrated.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by KingRex1(m): 4:30am On May 02, 2016
drealtruth:
.... 9c 1 man.. Nacho celebration style is very immature. .. he does not even acknowledge the player that assisted him.. he just points to the sky thanking God and ignoring his team.. he only cares about scoring goals than man city winning ..that's selfish.. klopp refused to sign a player simply because he doesn't like his celebration style.. Yaya and kompany should enlighten him..
Yea very immature. He shld get closer to Yaya if hes not.

1 Like

Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by tboynaija: 4:51am On May 02, 2016
I actually did not see him celebrating any of his goals against Southampton, the dude already have the culture of dedicating all his goals to his God and he normally does that by kneeling down and pointing to the Sky, sometimes he also add the sign of the cross to it. He is just appreciating God for the goals and it is not a crime to do that even if Manchester City is 12 goals down.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by Timoleon(m): 4:52am On May 02, 2016
intruder15:

yaya toure is. Cuz if he isnt, y will he argue dat f.a should credit d goal dat deflected off ihieanacho to him and not ihieanacho

up till today, theres a goal dispute between the spanish f.a and realmadrid...a cronaldo shot that was a lil aided by pepe is credited to pepe, though cronaldo believes he owns d goal. madrid credits it to cronaldo....do we conclude that cronaldo is jealous of pepe?
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by Timoleon(m): 5:01am On May 02, 2016
Daraph:

Yeah! Tahiti Vs Nigeria then.

in a competition they werent expected to score one goal...losing 10-0 to spain, 8-0 to uruguay and 6-1 to nigeria in their first major tournament...celebrating that goal cant be compared to a mancity vs southampton whr city were supposed to be title contenders not a team celebrating a loss.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by ClintonDal(m): 5:05am On May 02, 2016
sample042:
My brother please ask them. They chant racism all the time but have never witnessed it in reality or even are a victim of it. The earlier we understand that these Europeans and Americans even Asians don't regard as their equal the better. In Asia u enter a public bus or train and people cover their noses, it's very appalling. In America blacks get accosted just for standing or doing nothing. In Europe, there are pubs that blatantly show you the racism. God help us!
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by omamokta: 6:05am On May 02, 2016
Sterling does not pass ball to him, just like most guys up front . Most of the times, he goes deep to get his ball to do his things. Sheer jealousy.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by Nobody: 6:08am On May 02, 2016
olagamalin:
Pathetic
undecided i need to say that to you, this is just internet
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by RuuDie(m): 6:39am On May 02, 2016
deeplow:
I have seen that happen a couple of times. Truth be told, he has to learn quick. There are some goals you just dont waste time celebrating. Your team is a goal or 2 down, you score, and start heading towards the corner flag to celebrate... thats immature.

The normal thing is to grab the ball and run towards the centre circle, your teammates will shake hands with you and the match resumes, no time wasting.

Against Crystal Palace, away, when he scored the winning goal in the dying minutes of the game, they all rallied round him and celebrated.

If you've really seen it a couple of times like you claim then you will truly understand why the OP created this thread. There has been games where this lad has scored crucial goals and was totally overlooked... And I honestly did not see any time-wasting in his celebrations - it certainly wasn't "Adebayor-ish".

I am no conspiracy theorist and don't buy into the racist angle either - but I sincerely feel and agree with with the argument that some of the players in the City side do not like him for whatever reason! Anyway, he should just keep his head down, continue banging in the goals and he will surely go far in his career!! By the way, I watch my games on NBC and the analysts / commentators there have nothing but high praise for Kelechi
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by RuuDie(m): 6:42am On May 02, 2016
tboynaija:
I actually did not see him celebrating any of his goals against Southampton, the dude already have the culture of dedicating all his goals to his God and he normally does that by kneeling down and pointing to the Sky, sometimes he also add the sign of the cross to it. He is just appreciating God for the goals and it is not a crime to do that even if Manchester City is 12 goals down.

Thank you. I wonder what folks are yapping about. He does the same routine, no matter if the goal is a crucial or not. The naysayers here only see it when City are losing. If it is not that, then they will say he doesn't acknowledge the 'assistant' of the goal. It is just sad to see!

1 Like

Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by Nobody: 6:45am On May 02, 2016
PRXPERT:
[s][/s]
Trash! Which victim mentality? I pointed out what I observed today and you are foaming! I stated clearly that it has nothing to do with racism! But surely there is something fishy with Manchester city team against iheanacho.

sorry for quoting you earlier.. i thought you were a sensible fellow!
pls don't ever dream of quoting me in this forum again!
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by IZZIFLOW(m): 6:54am On May 02, 2016
alexistaiwo:
what do you think?
`
great great player...its not the first time they are doing it..but yesterday Navas assisted him and only pulled him up...notin more
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by ChocOlatepoSteR(m): 7:06am On May 02, 2016
when they were down to 4- 2 for me at that moment there shouldn't be any celebration
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by M4gunners: 7:10am On May 02, 2016
Even if i am an Igbo,the guy self ni even sabi celebrate goals. But the fact still remain, that his team mates have something against him simple.
Re: No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? by Kakamorufu(m): 7:11am On May 02, 2016
sample042:
imagine o. Even yaya toure no dey help matters

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water / Victor Anichebe's Uncompleted Mansion In Anambra, His Hometown (Photos) / Liberia Vs Nigeria: World Cup Qualifiers - 0 - 2 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.