Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You (19437 Views)

The Buhari Govt Hike On Malaria Drugs,dangers Of Deaths& Drug Resistance / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike / Buhari If The Fuel Crisis Is Not Affecting You Is Affecting Nigerian’s - Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lwise(m): 7:18pm On May 07, 2016
arowolo:
quote author=SleekAboki post=45254625]Only wailers and opposition members are feeling it. All of us in APC are immune to inflation. Won't you rather be a zombie?

Go ask your parent if they are enjoying the present government.

However, we do pray things change for the better as soon as possible.

In the meantime, hope you've ironed your cloth? There is light now!

Lol

A typical Nigerian will tend to adjust even when the situation isn't favourable
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by greatgod2012(f): 7:18pm On May 07, 2016
IVORY2009:

how much is dollar now, =N=320 = $1

Is the exchange rate suppose to affect the price of iru
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lwise(m): 7:21pm On May 07, 2016
greatgod2012:

Is the exchange rate suppose to affect the price of iru

Tomatoes is now 4=N200

6 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by dunkem21(m): 8:12pm On May 07, 2016
lwise:

Tomatoes is now 4=N200

Lol grin

..Caprisonne is now N60 cool

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by jojothaiv(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2016
possibilita:
Sachet tomato = 60

Purewater (bag)= 150

3 piece of fresh tomato= 100

Kerosene= 150/litre

Cow meat (6pieces)= 200

Egusi(1 cup) = 130

Ogbono(1 cup) = 400

Indomie (hungryman size) = 150

Water (25 litre) = 40

Charging of phone,reading lamp,and powerbank = 80

Parle G biscuit = 20

Beans = 50 per cup.
I was like haba! Habatically....
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by EmekaBlue(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2016
ashawo frm 1500 to 3000...

i no dey carry ooooo..

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Flashh: 8:17pm On May 07, 2016
I will keep saying it, anybody still backing Buhari at this junction is a big fool.

11 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by khalhokage(m): 8:18pm On May 07, 2016
My favorite food spaghetti which was #150 before is now #180, so how do you think it's affecting me?
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by afanide: 8:18pm On May 07, 2016
You all wanted to experience Change. U got it so why the complian?
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by izzou(m): 8:19pm On May 07, 2016
mtn 100. ------ #110
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by M4gunners: 8:20pm On May 07, 2016
lwise:
Hello Nairalander,it seems we Nigerians are so comfortable with any situation we find ourselves.I keep asking myself if I'm the only one affected by the present inflation.Price of almost everything has increased by at least 50% or more.
I can't see any reason why some items like biscuit,plastic buckets,toothpaste,purewater,bic shaving stick e.t.c should increase in price,these are items we don't import.

Could it be that we are just the architect of our own problem.

Abeg let's compare price of items state by state,I'm sure some people are taking undue advantage of the present situation.

There are not being imported right, but don't forget you need electricity to produce almost all the items you just listed . You also need fuel to transport them to the final consumers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Sunnycliff(m): 8:21pm On May 07, 2016
I no zombies are allergic to threads like this!

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by dahmie2013: 8:22pm On May 07, 2016
My ppl of nairaland! No be small thing o! As in ehen, may God keep providing 4 us. Went 2 d mkt last wk 2 buy pepper, I almost ran away. Tomatoes was d worst, I know it's expensive around dis period, but dis one was outrageous. It is well!

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 07, 2016
[I think somebody is sick here
Our great party APC and all its card carrying members buy fuel at the official rate of 83 Naira on nnpc stations.

If you are currently not enjoying steady supply of electricity, it should be a localised transformer problem. consult with your neighborhood association so they can apply for new transformers at the nearest phcn office. It is free.

Prices of basic commodity still remains the same in the market save the shops of opposition members that deliberately want to give our government a bad name. Refuse to patronize them. This is corruption fighting back.

Rome was not built in a day. Better days are ahead milady.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by iliyande(m): 8:24pm On May 07, 2016
dunkem21:

Lol grin

..Caprisonne is now N60 cool

A father spotted

Ladies take note wink

4 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by demarc001: 8:26pm On May 07, 2016
SleekAboki:

Our great party APC and all its card carrying members buy fuel at the official rate of 83 Naira on nnpc stations.

If you are currently not enjoying steady supply of electricity, it should be a localised transformer problem. consult with your neighborhood association so they can apply for new transformers at the nearest phcn office. It is free.

Prices of basic commodity still remains the same in the market save the shops of opposition members that deliberately want to give our government a bad name. Refuse to patronize them. This is corruption fighting back.

Chai! see as you finally fall hand! 83 for fuel, u don't even know the official price of fuel.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by iliyande(m): 8:27pm On May 07, 2016
izzou:
mtn 100. ------ #110

That's pure Exploitation cheesy
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Deefuray(f): 8:27pm On May 07, 2016
A bag of pure water. 150 formerly 100

A box of matches. 20 formerly 10

Biro. 30 formerly. 20

spaghetti 150 formerly 110

carton of indomie. 1500 formerly 1300

peak milk refill. 850 formerly 750

cabin biscuit. 200 formerly 160

I could go on and on......... it's alarming really. The prices of goods have gone so high.... even the price of chewing gum and exercise book has increased. KILODE The thing tire me o walahi

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 07, 2016
I think somebody is sick here
SleekAboki:

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by bjdon: 8:28pm On May 07, 2016
lwise:
Hello Nairalander,it seems we Nigerians are so comfortable with any situation we find ourselves.I keep asking myself if I'm the only one affected by the present inflation.Price of almost everything has increased by at least 50% or more.
I can't see any reason why some items like biscuit,plastic buckets,toothpaste,purewater,bic shaving stick e.t.c should increase in price,these are items we don't import.

Could it be that we are just the architect of our own problem.

Abeg let's compare price of items state by state,I'm sure some people are taking undue advantage of the present situation.

Its basic economics.

When the costs of production go up, then the cost of the end products must also go up. Fuel costs of gone up, this means manufacture costs have also gone up, as they use fuel to power their generators. They have to add that extra cost onto their products. The costs for the traders have also gone up, because transport costs have gone up. This all feeds into the end cost of items in the market.

As bad as things are now, if indeed news reports are correct and Buhari goes ahead and bans food importation, then Nigerians will experience hyperinflation, as we simply don't produce anything like near enough food locally.

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 07, 2016
the basket of tomatoes i used to buy for N500 is now N4,000. no joke.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by talk2alabama: 8:30pm On May 07, 2016
I can't even buy anyth meaningful worth 100 naira.. bread is 120, or more, sachetwater bag is 120, some 150, spaggetti is 150 there about.. mchew. Stupidd country
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by ceejay80s(m): 8:30pm On May 07, 2016
Indomie is now 120naira

Even ordinary nutri C wey I dey buy 20 naira was 30naira last 2 months and today nutri C is 40naira,

MyMy tooth paste is now 200naira from 100naira

All air freshener don top 100naira

Aboki wey dey carry 1 truck of water in my area don go up from 200naira a truck of water to 400 naira, sometimes sef we dey beg for 500naira
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Olasco93: 8:31pm On May 07, 2016
When men are Cast down, thou shall say there is a lifting up. Is the Economy Cast down today? Yes. Am I lifted up? Yes. Sorry, I don't function by human economy.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Teenaira: 8:33pm On May 07, 2016
saintkeppy:
. I dey tell u Lol ...if u no want hunger,poverty,ca$hle$$ situation to hit u atleast till 2019, Oya join the zombie, a bunch of broom will be given to, so u gonna wave it openly in air, wave it as if u just dont care *hahahaha ...this is exactly how endtime will be, when the mark will given openly to those that wants to escape hardship/poverty *hahahahaha

You people don't understand politicians and their game plan. By 2018 they will release money in preparation for 2019 and everybody will forget what they went through in the preceding 3 years.

6 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 07, 2016
googlepikin:
the basket of tomatoes i used to buy for N500 is now N4,000. no joke.

Is it basket or custard paint?
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lielbreema: 8:35pm On May 07, 2016
possibilita:
Sachet tomato = 60

Purewater (bag)= 150

3 piece of fresh tomato= 100

Kerosene= 150/litre

Cow meat (6pieces)= 200

Egusi(1 cup) = 130

Ogbono(1 cup) = 400

Indomie (hungryman size) = 150

Water (25 litre) = 40

Charging of phone,reading lamp,and powerbank = 80

Parle G biscuit = 20

Beans = 50 per cup.

Obgono is 650 here in ph
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by gurunlocker: 8:37pm On May 07, 2016
I think it doesn't affect zombies
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by adekayo1234(m): 8:38pm On May 07, 2016
Vomm:
Na God go punish Buhari and his followers!

Jona dey corupt Jona dey corrupt but We were living comfortably! Parent cud feed their family well without much hassle.

Everything Jona left had. Been turned upside down, buhari, walahi devil no go spare u at all

Now, parent cud hardly provide 3 square meals, no paRents dey ask whether u don belleful again, wetin dem dey askna shey u don chop at tall.

With the present condition of the country, no money, no salary, no. Fuel, no light, no water,no everything.

All of u that forced this dullard on us, devil sef no go spare u all.

Foolish zombies!!!
Your foolishness is out of this world. We were living comfortably or what gibberish crap did you type up there? If Jonathan had come in for second term, our condition would have been far worse than this.
Only a true Nigerian would understand what am saying.....
I am no wailer nor zombie but second term governments are damn too complacent because they have nothing to lose. Obj is a typical example. We are the architect of our own problem cos as long as we fail to hold our leaders accountable, not just us but our children and children's children would suffer for our actions and inactions
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by dunkem21(m): 8:39pm On May 07, 2016
Mrs0J:

Lol grin .. E don tay wey dat guy reach market
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 07, 2016
Mrs0J:

No, its that small waste bin basket (rubber)
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 07, 2016
I go market today, make I buy my perf(Bodman) wey I bn dey buy for #750. Walai, I open mouth when the guy tell me say na #1200 last price.

I just waka come back home......make I manage my nevia roll on!

God go help us for naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan At Election Results Center In Zambia / Oshiomhole Retires PDP Godfathers in Edo - NewTelegraphOnline / Northwest APC Lawmakers Endorse Buhari, Northern Youths Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.