Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You (19414 Views)

The Buhari Govt Hike On Malaria Drugs,dangers Of Deaths& Drug Resistance / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike / Buhari If The Fuel Crisis Is Not Affecting You Is Affecting Nigerian’s - Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lwise(m): 7:33pm On May 02, 2016
Hello Nairalander,it seems we Nigerians are so comfortable with any situation we find ourselves.I keep asking myself if I'm the only one affected by the present inflation.Price of almost everything has increased by at least 50% or more.
I can't see any reason why some items like biscuit,plastic buckets,toothpaste,purewater,bic shaving stick e.t.c should increase in price,these are items we don't import.

Could it be that we are just the architect of our own problem.

Abeg let's compare price of items state by state,I'm sure some people are taking undue advantage of the present situation.

17 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by MrFairplay4ume(m): 7:40pm On May 02, 2016
Bros e tire me ooo just compare these prices of goods:

Rice before #500-600 now #850 per tier
Tomatoes sachet before #30-40 now #55
Semovita 220 now 280
One bag of sachet water before 60 now 100-150
Red oil before 400 now 500-550
Matches now 10 with just 20 sticks
Battery 35 small size big size 100-120

On and on it even worst than removal of subsidy which people went on nation wide demostration .

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by eluquenson(m): 8:17pm On May 02, 2016
Nigerians are always optimistic and can persevere in a very severe condition,despite the hike in price of goods coupled with fuel scarcity. It really affected everybody except those that embezzle public/private fund that will say contrary.

I hope the wind of change will be favourable soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Vomm: 8:17pm On May 02, 2016
Na God go punish Buhari and his followers!

Jona dey corupt Jona dey corrupt but We were living comfortably! Parent cud feed their family well without much hassle.

Everything Jona left had. Been turned upside down, buhari, walahi devil no go spare u at all

Now, parent cud hardly provide 3 square meals, no paRents dey ask whether u don belleful again, wetin dem dey askna shey u don chop at tall.

With the present condition of the country, no money, no salary, no. Fuel, no light, no water,no everything.

All of u that forced this dullard on us, devil sef no go spare u all.

Foolish zombies!!!

129 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by possibilita(m): 8:22pm On May 02, 2016
Sachet tomato = 60

Purewater (bag)= 150

3 piece of fresh tomato= 100

Kerosene= 150/litre

Cow meat (6pieces)= 200

Egusi(1 cup) = 130

Ogbono(1 cup) = 400

Indomie (hungryman size) = 150

Water (25 litre) = 40

Charging of phone,reading lamp,and powerbank = 80

Parle G biscuit = 20

Beans = 50 per cup.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lwise(m): 8:26pm On May 02, 2016
Ogbono 1 cup for my area na N500 as at last week.

17 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by SleekAboki: 8:29pm On May 02, 2016
Only wailers and opposition members are feeling it. All of us in APC are immune to inflation. Won't you rather be a zombie?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lwise(m): 8:59pm On May 02, 2016
eluquenson:
Nigerians are always optimistic and can persevere in a very severe condition,despite the hike in price of goods coupled with fuel scarcity. It really affected everybody exceot those that embezzle public/private fund that will say contrary.

I hope the wind of change will be favourable soon.

Lalasticalala let's read people's opinion

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by greatgod2012(f): 9:07pm On May 02, 2016
Honestly, we Nigerians are rugged, very rugged! I myself have been wondering how people are coping with this hike in prices of things, especially food stuffs.

Fela, of good memory, was a great prophet........... Suffering and smiling............ Chain! We Nigerians know how to suffer and smile at the same time, no be small.

I pray things get better o

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by greatgod2012(f): 9:10pm On May 02, 2016
lwise:
Ogbono 1 cup for my area na N500 as at last week.

Even iru(locust beans), is now more expensive. The one we usually buy for #50 is now sold for #100. Is iru too imported

I taya o

13 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by saintkeppy(m): 9:15pm On May 02, 2016
SleekAboki:
Only wailers and opposition members are feeling it. All of us in APC are immune to inflation. Won't you rather be a zombie?
. I dey tell u Lol ...if u no want hunger,poverty,ca$hle$$ situation to hit u atleast till 2019, Oya join the zombie, a bunch of broom will be given to, so u gonna wave it openly in air, wave it as if u just dont care *hahahaha ...this is exactly how endtime will be, when the mark will given openly to those that wants to escape hardship/poverty *hahahahaha

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by greatgod2012(f): 9:16pm On May 02, 2016
SleekAboki:

Only wailers and opposition members are affected by fuel scarcity, power shortage with increased tariff, increase in price of virtually everything. Okay, continue living in delusion.

Immune to inflation indeed!

Suffering and smiling syndrome!

17 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by SleekAboki: 9:33pm On May 02, 2016
greatgod2012:

Only wailers and opposition members are affected by fuel scarcity, power shortage with increased tariff, increase in price of virtually everything. Okay, continue living in delusion.

Our great party APC and all its card carrying members buy fuel at the official rate of 83 Naira on nnpc stations.

If you are currently not enjoying steady supply of electricity, it should be a localised transformer problem. consult with your neighborhood association so they can apply for new transformers at the nearest phcn office. It is free.

Prices of basic commodity still remains the same in the market save the shops of opposition members that deliberately want to give our government a bad name. Refuse to patronize them. This is corruption fighting back.

Rome was not built in a day. Better days are ahead milady.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by SleekAboki: 9:36pm On May 02, 2016
saintkeppy:
. I dey tell u Lol ...if u no want hunger,poverty,ca$hle$$ situation to hit u atleast till 2019, Oya join the zombie, a bunch of broom will be given to, so u gonna wave it openly in air, wave it as if u dont care *hahahaha ...this is exactly how endtime will be, when the mark will given openly to those that wants to escape hardship/poverty *hahahahaha

Never again shall we return to egypt which is PDP. APC is the change that leads to the land of milk and honey. Better days ahead.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by greatgod2012(f): 9:47pm On May 02, 2016
SleekAboki:

Our great party APC and all its card carrying members buy fuel at the official rate of 83 Naira on nnpc stations.

If you are currently not enjoying steady supply of electricity, it should be a localised transformer problem. consult with your neighborhood association so they can apply for new transformers at the nearest phcn office. It is free.

Prices of basic commodity still remains the same in the market save the shops of opposition members that deliberately want to give our government a bad name. Refuse to patronize them. This is corruption fighting back.

Rome was not built in a day. Better days are ahead milady.

Now, feeling your sarcasm!

Ride on, bro!

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by saintkeppy(m): 9:56pm On May 02, 2016
SleekAboki:

Never again shall we return to egypt which is PDP. APC is the change that leads to the land of milk and honey. Better days ahead.
. Guy e be like say this economic meltdown no reach ur side o! Almost a year now, We still dey observe the CHANGE, we as a nation will decide better come 2019.

14 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by SleekAboki: 10:00pm On May 02, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Guy e be like say this economic meltdown no reach ur side o! Almost a year now, We still dey observe the CHANGE, we as a nation will decide better come 2019.
You must be an iPod yoot.Every sophisticated Zombie knows Nigeria is being repositioned for change.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by saintkeppy(m): 10:32pm On May 02, 2016
SleekAboki:

You must be an iPod yoot.Every sophisticated Zombie knows Nigeria is being repositioned for change.
. Wetin be iPod abi na iPad? Thats what i'm saying we are still patiently waitin' to see the repositionin' I'm not a politician, i'm just an ordinary citizen, incase job/work come out 4 dat ur side just holla @me. I wouldn't mind to be a sophisticated zombie like u. Lol

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by SleekAboki: 10:39pm On May 02, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Wetin be iPod abi na iPad? Thats what i'm saying we are still patiently waitin' to see the repositionin' I'm not a politician, i'm just an ordinary citizen, incase work come out 4 dat ur side just holla @me. I wouldn't mind to be a sophisticated zombie like u. Lol

Follow @Gbawe our online sophisticated coordinator. New zombies are to be signed on once the loaded change budget is passed so he can draft you in.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by SeverusSnape(m): 10:47pm On May 02, 2016
greatgod2012:

Don't mind him grin

He was only being sarcastic.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by SeverusSnape(m): 10:48pm On May 02, 2016
SleekAboki:

Follow @ Gbawe our online sophisticated coordinator. New zombies are to be signed on once the loaded change budget is passed so he can draft you in.
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by saintkeppy(m): 11:00pm On May 02, 2016
SleekAboki:

Follow @Gbawe our online sophisticated coordinator. New zombies are to be signed on once the loaded change budget is passed so he can draft you in.
. Is this his twitter handle? Cos i aint on twitter, any other social platform or maybe whatsapp?
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by SleekAboki: 11:14pm On May 02, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Is this his twitter handle? Cos i aint on twitter, any other social platform or maybe whatsapp?
https://www.nairaland.com/gbawe Make a good impression by hailing him as sophisticated.

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by prahcetomi(m): 11:15pm On May 02, 2016
I just go buy something,pay money,I come dey go and the seller be like'Bros,abeg your money remain #50..''.....I be like......'BUhari no go kill me

29 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by saintkeppy(m): 11:47pm On May 02, 2016
SleekAboki:

https://www.nairaland.com/gbawe Make a good impression by hailing him as sophisticated.
. Lmao ...this man! I need somethin' realistic. Hunger gree me get energy to hail persin? Hahaha.. Na wa 4u o bros!
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lwise(m): 7:22am On May 03, 2016
prahcetomi:
I just go buy something,pay money,I come dey go and the seller be like'Bros,abeg your money remain #50..''.....I be like......'BUhari no go kill me

Lol
Thank God you had the balance then

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lwise(m): 10:36am On May 03, 2016
saintkeppy:
. I dey tell u Lol ...if u no want hunger,poverty,ca$hle$$ situation to hit u atleast till 2019, Oya join the zombie, a bunch of broom will be given to, so u gonna wave it openly in air, wave it as if u just dont care *hahahaha ...this is exactly how endtime will be, when the mark will given openly to those that wants to escape hardship/poverty *hahahahaha

Lol

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by greatgod2012(f): 5:36pm On May 07, 2016
So this thread doesn't deserve FP. Everything is so expensive, we need to hear other people's view on the current price hike on everything in the market. You buy #1000 meat, and you're given just 7 pieces of meat. A 2A exercise book is now @50 naira! Imagine! A pencil #20, a schoolboy Biro.....#30! Haba! Why? Why? Why?

@ lalasticlala, I beg you in the name of whatever you respect and believe in, let this thread hit FP, we need to hear people's view om this. Things are just too damn expensive. It has never been this bad.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by greatiyk4u(m): 6:20pm On May 07, 2016
MrFairplay4ume:
Bros e tire me ooo just compare these prices of goods:

Rice before #500-600 now #850 per tier
Tomatoes sachet before #30-40 now #55
Semovita 220 now 280
One bag of sachet water before 60 now 100-150
Red oil before 400 now 500-550
Matches now 10 with just 20 sticks
Battery 35 small size big size 100-120

On and on it even worst than removal of subsidy which people went on nation wide demostration .

Different In my location

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by IVORY2009(m): 6:39pm On May 07, 2016
greatgod2012:

Even iru(locust beans), is now more expensive. The one we usually buy for #50 is now sold for #100. Is iru too imported

I taya o

how much is dollar now, =N=320 = $1
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 07, 2016
quote author=SleekAboki post=45254625]Only wailers and opposition members are feeling it. All of us in APC are immune to inflation. Won't you rather be a zombie? [/quote]

Go ask your parent if they are enjoying the present government.

However, we do pray things change for the better as soon as possible.

In the meantime, hope you've ironed your cloth? There is light now!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 / PDP Governors Forum To Honour Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Others / How Cold War In Lagos APC Caused Rejection Of Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.