Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,519 members, 7,958,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You (19755 Views)

The Buhari Govt Hike On Malaria Drugs,dangers Of Deaths& Drug Resistance / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike / Buhari If The Fuel Crisis Is Not Affecting You Is Affecting Nigerian’s - Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by omenka(m): 11:45pm On May 07, 2016
Mehn!! Politics money sweet to chop die!! God bless Dajo!! See flexing for here. cheesy
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by homesteady(m): 11:51pm On May 07, 2016
Haaa! My brother it is really bad ohhh! If you touch anything now in any shop, you must just shout because of the new price!

Na Spaghetti own wey dey pain me pass! Dangote spag was 130/140 but now it is 170 in market and 200 in some shops!

I'm even afraid to even think of Tomatoes, talkless of even saying it out!
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by InvertedHammer: 11:52pm On May 07, 2016
greatgod2012:

Even iru(locust beans), is now more expensive. The one we usually buy for #50 is now sold for #100. Is iru too imported

I taya o
/
Iru sellers have to sell at a price to be able to afford other things.

What I like about politics in Nigeria is that after selling votes for 3 cups of rice and N1,000, the citizens will have 4 years to live the consequences. Even the folks with brooms are also scratching their heads. Of all people in Nigeria, you were given two of the most uninspiring fellows to choose from.

GEJ was a colossal failure in all leadership positions that providence provided him until OBJ picked him as a goon and Nigerians wanted to force heroism down his throat. GEJ is even confused that he could be referred to as a hero.

Buhari was a figured head for the North. Tunde Idiagbon was the de facto president and the one who held the aces. Buhari's ascension into the Presidency is an indictment of educated Nigerians. In other words, no progress was made all these years that Nigeria had to reset to square one.

Then again, na person river see im leg e dey swallow. Nigeria is the least of my worries. If you see me in Nigeria any time soon, stone me. I guess the cups of rice and N1000 don finish. Poverty has made otherwise knowledgeable Nigerians to think like nincompoops. When that Osun guy was building the largest drum in the world (smh), they showered encomium on him. Now he cannot pay salaries and Osunites are looking for sympathy. Cry me a river.
\

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by chaberry(m): 12:01am On May 08, 2016
Vomm:
Na God go punish Buhari and his followers!

Jona dey corupt Jona dey corrupt but We were living comfortably! Parent cud feed their family well without much hassle.

Everything Jona left had. Been turned upside down, buhari, walahi devil no go spare u at all

Now, parent cud hardly provide 3 square meals, no paRents dey ask whether u don belleful again, wetin dem dey askna shey u don chop at tall.

With the present condition of the country, no money, no salary, no. Fuel, no light, no water,no everything.

All of u that forced this dullard on us, devil sef no go spare u all.

Foolish zombies!!!
This guy dey vex oo
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Wizzyblack3(m): 12:02am On May 08, 2016
Annruby:
from oshodi to sango ota is 400naira.lord have mercy
I tell you.. Becoming unbearable.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Wizzyblack3(m): 12:08am On May 08, 2016
Tinyemeka:

I had been aware that the prices of everything had gone up. Aware in the abstract sense of it.

The stark reality of the unfortunate situation hit me hard on Friday 6 May in the year of our Lord 2016, at exactly 1:26pm when I went out for lunch break (breakfast actually cos it was more first meal of the day which obviously heightened my aggravation and sense of overwhelming doom).

That I Nnaemeka ordered for my usual plate of Akpu with Egusi and Oha but lo and behold, what was brought before me was food, the quantity which should be fitting for the size of the person on the left hand side in my DP, the gods bear me witness. I was shocked to the marrows. I had to ask the lady (just to be sure), if the food was meant for me. She replied in the affirmative. I am not one to engage myself in public displays of uncouth aggravation, so I swallowed my humble pride together with my discontent and accompanied them with the few morsels of food presented to me.

People, I can swear that those morsels of akpu felt so alone, tiny and abandoned in my tummy, that they probably shed tears of sorrow and wailed their fate of insufficiency.

The worst was however yet to come. As I prepared the last few lumps to swallow, I felt a craving, an urge, a need I hitherto thought I would never demand again.

I HAD TO ORDER FOR A SECOND ROUND! cry

O hunger! Where art thy sting?! This was something I'd last done since 2013 because over time, my stomach had come to accept fewer quantities of food before I get the feeling of fullness.

But Buhari! O Buhari! cry This administration has seen to the drastic reduction in the quantity of Akpu served at restaurants. An all time low quantity last experienced 3 years ago! Where then lies the hope of the common man? Where my people?!

If Nnaemeka Nwa Akanwa can no longer be assured his daily quantity of fufu. There my people lies my grouse. That is where it pinches me the most. I rest my case.

Lwkmd! I can't stop laughing. I share ur pain bro. Hahahahahaha!!
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by qleap2all(m): 6:11am On May 08, 2016
I would rather blame gullible and unpatriotic Nigerians who deprived joy in unleashing suffering on fellow citizens in the disguise of making more money. They would always lash on situation to exploit Nigerians.
And it baffles me why economic theories doesn't work here, prices of goods hardly fall even when demand is low
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Kaira333: 6:18am On May 08, 2016
Adeniyimi:

C dis dumb
look at foolish slowpoke
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by mightyhazel: 6:20am On May 08, 2016
ajebuter:
For the first time in my adult life as a woman, i didnt cook this weekend

Not because i couldnt afford to, but because I am royally pissed at having to cough out 2k ( as against 600)to buy tomatoes and peppers to cook.

Yeah, 2k for peppers and tomatoes because i like different tastes of soup, fish, veggies, beef or chicken.

All those lazy bums and girls who come to raid my kitchen were dissapointed today and they were like: Mama Tee, ebi mpa awon boys now and i was like: una miss road today and to the sai Babaist among them, i simply chanted: Sai Baba in action

You get the drift?
. Eeya! So how u gon survive the weekend? Buka tins I guess?

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by mightyhazel: 6:36am On May 08, 2016
Tinyemeka:

I had been aware that the prices of everything had gone up. Aware in the abstract sense of it.

The stark reality of the unfortunate situation hit me hard on Friday 6 May in the year of our Lord 2016, at exactly 1:26pm when I went out for lunch break (breakfast actually cos it was more first meal of the day which obviously heightened my aggravation and sense of overwhelming doom).

That I Nnaemeka ordered for my usual plate of Akpu with Egusi and Oha but lo and behold, what was brought before me was food, the quantity which should be fitting for the size of the person on the left hand side in my DP, the gods bear me witness. I was shocked to the marrows. I had to ask the lady (just to be sure), if the food was meant for me. She replied in the affirmative. I am not one to engage myself in public displays of uncouth aggravation, so I swallowed my humble pride together with my discontent and accompanied them with the few morsels of food presented to me.

People, I can swear that those morsels of akpu felt so alone, tiny and abandoned in my tummy, that they probably shed tears of sorrow and wailed their fate of insufficiency.

The worst was however yet to come. As I prepared the last few lumps to swallow, I felt a craving, an urge, a need I hitherto thought I would never demand again.

I HAD TO ORDER FOR A SECOND ROUND! cry

O hunger! Where art thy sting?! This was something I'd last done since 2013 because over time, my stomach had come to accept fewer quantities of food before I get the feeling of fullness.

But Buhari! O Buhari! cry This administration has seen to the drastic reduction in the quantity of Akpu served at restaurants. An all time low quantity last experienced 3 years ago! Where then lies the hope of the common man? Where my people?!

If Nnaemeka Nwa Akanwa can no longer be assured his daily quantity of fufu. There my people lies my grouse. That is where it pinches me the most. I rest my case.
nnaemeka nekwagi o!

U have to help urself o!

Berra start sneakin wraps of akpu(bought at cheaper prices in d open markets) in2 restaurants...(See local okadamen for more briefings on this ) cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Tinyemeka(m): 6:47am On May 08, 2016
mightyhazel:
nnaemeka nekwagi o!

U have to help urself o!

Berra start sneakin wraps of akpu(bought at cheaper prices in d open markets) in2 restaurants...(See local okadamen for more briefings on this ) cheesy

My dear, I'm seriously contemplating the idea. Even those take away wraps sold at the market have also been affected in the cost cutting strategy. Their sizes have shrunk also. Why evils?! Why? angry
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by possibilita(m): 6:48am On May 08, 2016
anny268:
na over sabi dey worry u. What is ur dictionary meant for? Run ur school well, it's allowed..
reaLly? Are we quarreling?
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 7:37am On May 08, 2016
Cup of Ogbono seed is now N700

Paint of Garri is now 500.

I don't understand why people blame traders for hiking prices of their goods.

These same traders are affected by the increment of prices of other goods and services in the country, so in other to keep up, they have to increase the prices of their goods even if they harvested it from their backyard. Is just simple eco.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by jamace(m): 7:45am On May 08, 2016
Bros, it is not easy o. Many are surviving by the grace of God!
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by ajebuter(f): 8:08am On May 08, 2016
mightyhazel:
. Eeya! So how u gon survive the weekend? Buka tins I guess?

No,friend egg tinz grin grin
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by sirwealth(m): 8:16am On May 08, 2016
But the price of weed has been the same for the past 6years

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lollmaolol(m): 8:54am On May 08, 2016
possibilita:
Sachet tomato = 60. Purewater (bag)= 150
3 piece of fresh tomato= 100

Kerosene= 150/litre

Cow meat (6pieces)= 200

Egusi(1 cup) = 130

Ogbono(1 cup) = 400

Indomie (hungryman size) 150!!!

Beans = 50 per cup.

Liar!!! Hungry man Indomie is N120 plus egg is N150, I guess this demerits your whole long list
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by twentysixteen(f): 9:12am On May 08, 2016
Power oil before-#1300, I bought ystd -#2000 for three litres.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 9:45am On May 08, 2016
prahcetomi:
I just go buy something,pay money,I come dey go and the seller be like'Bros,abeg your money remain #50..''.....I be like......'BUhari no go kill me

BuuuuuhahahahahHhhHhhHhHhahahahahahaahakikikikikikikijijkjkjkjjjjjjjnkijijlokikikiki
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by possibilita(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2016
lollmaolol:

Liar!!! Hungry man Indomie is N120 plus egg is N150, I guess this demerits your whole long list

where do u reside?
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by anny268(f): 10:32am On May 08, 2016
possibilita:
reaLly? Are we quarreling?
we are not quarrelling, we are fighting..
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by sojiguy(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2016
What bothered me most is that some commodities price still remains d same..i wonder why the price of pure water should increase and d price of plastic water(in traffic) remain d same(#50), price of gala remains d same(#50) while dat of biscuit increased,i still buy aa bottle of goldberg,trophy beer for #200.... don't u see dat we people are the ones suffering ourself. Cos for what reason should small envelope should be sold for #40 in my area and photocopy for #20 even when there is light,while salary remains d same and not even been paid as when due... only God will help us in dis country
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by possibilita(m): 1:44pm On May 08, 2016
anny268:
we are not quarrelling, we are fighting..
why are we fighting ma'am
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 08, 2016
the only thing that has not added price is recharge card and matches, every other thing has gone up,we don't even buy tomatoes again, 3 small seed #50,so I just buy fresh pepper,lots of onions and pumpkin leave(still costly but manageable)for stew,or sometimes use tin tomatoes instead(now #40 for the small one),lets not even talk about rice, i dont see things getting better soon
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Olasco93: 3:08pm On May 08, 2016
Lilimax:
Seems you live in the Mars undecided
I live in a realm; a geographical location that humans cannot comprehend
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by mikolo80: 5:31pm On May 08, 2016
lwise:
Hello Nairalander,it seems we Nigerians are so comfortable with any situation we find ourselves.I keep asking myself if I'm the only one affected by the present inflation.Price of almost everything has increased by at least 50% or more.
I can't see any reason why some items like biscuit,plastic buckets,toothpaste,purewater,bic shaving stick e.t.c should increase in price,these are items we don't import.

Could it be that we are just the architect of our own problem.

Abeg let's compare price of items state by state,I'm sure some people are taking undue advantage of the present situation.

chei see Nigerian education in action. wheat sugar oil (ingredients of biscuit bros ),how many plastic do you produce locally. even fuel is imported. only cement and cassava and poultry is locally produced.read more, talk less
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by lereinter(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2016
Vomm:
Na God go punish Buhari and his followers!

Jona dey corupt Jona dey corrupt but We were living comfortably! Parent cud feed their family well without much hassle.

Everything Jona left had. Been turned upside down, buhari, walahi devil no go spare u at all

Now, parent cud hardly provide 3 square meals, no paRents dey ask whether u don belleful again, wetin dem dey askna shey u don chop at tall.

With the present condition of the country, no money, no salary, no. Fuel, no light, no water,no everything.

All of u that forced this dullard on us, devil sef no go spare u all.

Foolish zombies!!!

You mean if gej, was the president things wouldn't ve increased astronomically
Now tell us what he would ve done in the face of
Corruptions

Falling price of oil

Decay infrastructure

Greedy businessmen that practice wicked capitalism

Useless governors nd legislature

Saboteur and Islamic militant

Mediocre ministers don't forget their oga has already called them noise makers

Wicked judiciary remember a court wants to stop construction of Lagos Ibadan express way

Etccccc

Am not a supporter of any political party but tell me what gej did during his time that benefitted the common masses.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by mikolo80: 5:34pm On May 08, 2016
homesteady:
Haaa! My brother it is really bad ohhh! If you touch anything now in any shop, you must just shout because of the new price!

Na Spaghetti own wey dey pain me pass! Dangote spag was 130/140 but now it is 170 in market and 200 in some shops!

I'm even afraid to even think of Tomatoes, talkless of even saying it out!
if we say make una enter farm na na insult
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Hannysmilez(f): 6:30pm On May 08, 2016
Even cheeseballs and chewing gum oh lipsrsealed
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by cr80vity(m): 6:56pm On May 08, 2016
bro, mouth cannot say o
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Snwokenk: 3:15am On May 09, 2016
possibilita:
Sachet tomato = 60

Purewater (bag)= 150

3 piece of fresh tomato= 100

Kerosene= 150/litre

Cow meat (6pieces)= 200

Egusi(1 cup) = 130

Ogbono(1 cup) = 400

Indomie (hungryman size) = 150

Water (25 litre) = 40

Charging of phone,reading lamp,and powerbank = 80

Parle G biscuit = 20

Beans = 50 per cup.

1 cup of egusi is $2.99 here in DC. It's really cheap in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Ambode Commissions Ojuloge Monument Park / Kwara APC Faction Writes INEC For Withdrawal Of Candidates' List / Revolution Now: 60 Arrested In Cross River, Lagos, Others — Sowore’s Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.