Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,510 members, 7,954,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You (19718 Views)

The Buhari Govt Hike On Malaria Drugs,dangers Of Deaths& Drug Resistance / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike / Buhari If The Fuel Crisis Is Not Affecting You Is Affecting Nigerian’s - Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by serah109: 9:52pm On May 07, 2016
[quote author=MrFairplay4ume post=45253400]Bros e tire me ooo just compare these prices of goods:

Rice before #500-600 now #850 per tier
Tomatoes sachet before #30-40 now #55
Semovita 220 now 280
One bag of sachet water before 60 now 100-150
Red oil before 400 now 500-550
Matches now 10 with just 20 sticks
Battery 35 small size big size 100-120

On and on it even worst than removal of subsidy which people went on nation wide demostration .

Spagetti of 120 now 200

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Silumi(f): 9:54pm On May 07, 2016
Adeniyimi:

Woos woobi. Single family with seven children, that's y we have too many poor family in Africa, throughout my stay in d USA I never see a single family with 5 children even those with 3 hardly provide for them, thank god for child support
Yes d failure to embrace or lack of proper knowledge of family planning has added to d level of poverty u seem suprised... Dont be am d eighth child frm a my mother hu bore ten kids its not a fable its real We arent complaining but they re so many in d same shoes dat lack and are now faced with this present economy to worsen situations. This is a third world country there is nothing like child support its oyo for every1

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Donskichuks(m): 9:56pm On May 07, 2016
No jokes pals Nigeria needs prayers bro it's more expensive here in Delta satchet of pure water now sold at #15 it's really devastating. Who ever that is making Nigeria hard for we the average dwellers and the the least among us in this country shall never have peace

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by anny268(f): 9:57pm On May 07, 2016
[quote author=possibilita post=45411908][/quote] na over sabi dey worry u. What is ur dictionary meant for? Run ur school well, it's allowed..
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Bolade005: 9:58pm On May 07, 2016
I won't stop saying this, I regret so many things in my life but the biggest of them all is letting Buhari and APC fool me that they will bring about positive change. All I see is negativity.

I'm not going to write a lengthy harague discrediting this government but Buhari and APC should please, DO and GO sharply.

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Kaira333: 9:58pm On May 07, 2016
adekayo1234:

Your foolishness is out of this world. We were living comfortably or what gibberish crap did you type up there? If Jonathan had come in for second term, our condition would have been far worse than this.
Only a true Nigerian would understand what am saying.....
I am no wailer nor zombie but second term governments are damn too complacent because they have nothing to lose. Obj is a typical example. We are the architect of our own problem cos as long as we fail to hold our leaders accountable, not just us but our children and children's children would suffer for our actions and inactions
shut up ur dirty mouth. You are talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 07, 2016
Cursed was d day i voted d stone-cold nomad, i should have wasted my vote on kowa instead!...nothing is working!!!
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Adeniyimi: 10:04pm On May 07, 2016
Silumi:

Yes d failure to embrace or lack of proper knowledge of family planning has added to d level of poverty u seem suprised... Dont be am d eighth child frm a my mother hu bore ten kids its not a fable its real We arent complaining but they re so many in d same shoes dat lack and are now faced with this present economy to worsen situations. This is a third world country there is nothing like child support its oyo for every1

Yes you are right d economy situation is really bad.May God help us, we really need to fight for our right from dis bull shit govt.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Kaira333: 10:06pm On May 07, 2016
Adeniyimi:
Nobody should blame d govt, we Nigerians are d problems of oursef. Black people with our greedy things, self interest. How come our local made stuff inflate. Bleep nigerians
shut up and stop typing like a kid after selling ur locally made stuff #1, when u need imported stuffs u print out money u will use and buy them at higher prices inugo?

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 07, 2016
joey150:
go to somalia or syria and ask yourself if you are really rugged..very rugged!

dont confuse timid for rugged.. allowing people steal you left right and centre,while you suffer dosent make you rugged!
Agreed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by DJEhimond(m): 10:11pm On May 07, 2016
Na the one of tomato pain me pass. A small one now sells for #50 ... concoction ti take ofa! Toball of you zombies who put us into this, may God forgive you.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by teekay213(m): 10:11pm On May 07, 2016
Teenaira:

You people don't understand politicians and their game plan. By 2018 they will release money in preparation for 2019 and everybody will forget what they went through in the preceding 3 years.
like jona did abi?did that made him enter 4 second term?
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by teekay213(m): 10:12pm On May 07, 2016
Teenaira:

You people don't understand politicians and their game plan. By 2018 they will release money in preparation for 2019 and everybody will forget what they went through in the preceding 3 years.
like jona did abi?did that made him enter 4 second term?people are wise.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by udy4real(m): 10:14pm On May 07, 2016
SleekAboki:
Only wailers and opposition members are feeling it. All of us in APC are immune to inflation. Won't you rather be a zombie?

U know see ur head,like dis Mango for my hand
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by jojothaiv(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2016
possibilita:
u neva c
Yea, I Neva see but things will surely be better and being in Kebbi is a blessing...
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by BAILMONEY: 10:17pm On May 07, 2016
[size=30pt]LAMENTATION angry SAI BULLHARI[/size]
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Oliviaxx(f): 10:19pm On May 07, 2016
SleekAboki:

Our great party APC and all its card carrying members buy fuel at the official rate of 83 Naira on nnpc stations.

If you are currently not enjoying steady supply of electricity, it should be a localised transformer problem. consult with your neighborhood association so they can apply for new transformers at the nearest phcn office. It is free.

Prices of basic commodity still remains the same in the market save the shops of opposition members that deliberately want to give our government a bad name. Refuse to patronize them. This is corruption fighting back.

Rome was not built in a day. Better days are ahead milady.

Oh mi God! How can one person be this deluded? shocked wait o...are u joking or was that what you guys were told in your last meeting? cry

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Adeniyimi: 10:27pm On May 07, 2016
Kaira333:
shut up and stop typing like a kid after selling ur locally made stuff #1, when u need imported stuffs u print out money u will use and buy them at higher prices inugo?

C dis dumb
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by emekajustine12: 10:42pm On May 07, 2016
possibilita:
Sachet tomato = 60

Ogbono is 500_600 in my area

Purewater (bag)= 150

3 piece of fresh tomato= 100

Kerosene= 150/litre

Cow meat (6pieces)= 200

Egusi(1 cup) = 130

Ogbono(1 cup) = 400

Indomie (hungryman size) = 150

Water (25 litre) = 40

Charging of phone,reading lamp,and powerbank = 80

Parle G biscuit = 20

Beans = 50 per cup.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by melvin0004(m): 10:49pm On May 07, 2016
SleekAboki:

Our great party APC and all its card carrying members buy fuel at the official rate of 83 Naira on nnpc stations.

If you are currently not enjoying steady supply of electricity, it should be a localised transformer problem. consult with your neighborhood association so they can apply for new transformers at the nearest phcn office. It is free.

Prices of basic commodity still remains the same in the market save the shops of opposition members that deliberately want to give our government a bad name. Refuse to patronize them. This is corruption fighting back.

Rome was not built in a day. Better days are ahead milady.
its seems ur based in Ghana.....
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by morningsta(m): 10:54pm On May 07, 2016
I was in the market a few days ago to buy some items and I almost cried. The prices of everything has gone up almost double. Why are we so docile in this Country? The French revolution we learnt started due to mere increase in the price of bread. Here in Nigeria prices of basic food items go up daily and no one is asking questions. Our Labour leaders and civil liberty organizations have abandoned us to our faith. We ought to be out on the streets protesting already, but this is Nigeria and Nigerians.. .

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Annruby: 10:55pm On May 07, 2016
from oshodi to sango ota is 400naira.lord have mercy
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Sam0(m): 11:03pm On May 07, 2016
Vomm:
Na God go punish Buhari and his followers!

Jona dey corupt Jona dey corrupt but We were living comfortably! Parent cud feed their family well without much hassle.

Everything Jona left had. Been turned upside down, buhari, walahi devil no go spare u at all

Now, parent cud hardly provide 3 square meals, no paRents dey ask whether u don belleful again, wetin dem dey askna shey u don chop at tall.

With the present condition of the country, no money, no salary, no. Fuel, no light, no water,no everything.

All of u that forced this dullard on us, devil sef no go spare u all.

Foolish zombies!!!

And how much was a barrel of petrol when ur Jona was in power how much is a barrel now? when there was much money in d economy ur jona and his co pple were mismanaging our money and peanut was given to d ordinary masses and you are there comfortable with it when billions were being sent to their various bank account .may God help u to have the knowledge of wat is currently happening around the world, then u will appreciate having Buhari as president.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Tinyemeka(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2016
lwise:
Hello Nairalander,it seems we Nigerians are so comfortable with any situation we find ourselves.I keep asking myself if I'm the only one affected by the present inflation.Price of almost everything has increased by at least 50% or more.
I can't see any reason why some items like biscuit,plastic buckets,toothpaste,purewater,bic shaving stick e.t.c should increase in price,these are items we don't import.

Could it be that we are just the architect of our own problem.

Abeg let's compare price of items state by state,I'm sure some people are taking undue advantage of the present situation.

I had been aware that the prices of everything had gone up. Aware in the abstract sense of it.

The stark reality of the unfortunate situation hit me hard on Friday 6 May in the year of our Lord 2016, at exactly 1:26pm when I went out for lunch break (breakfast actually cos it was more first meal of the day which obviously heightened my aggravation and sense of overwhelming doom).

That I Nnaemeka ordered for my usual plate of Akpu with Egusi and Oha but lo and behold, what was brought before me was food, the quantity which should be fitting for the size of the person on the left hand side in my DP, the gods bear me witness. I was shocked to the marrows. I had to ask the lady (just to be sure), if the food was meant for me. She replied in the affirmative. I am not one to engage myself in public displays of uncouth aggravation, so I swallowed my humble pride together with my discontent and accompanied them with the few morsels of food presented to me.

People, I can swear that those morsels of akpu felt so alone, tiny and abandoned in my tummy, that they probably shed tears of sorrow and wailed their fate of insufficiency.

The worst was however yet to come. As I prepared the last few lumps to swallow, I felt a craving, an urge, a need I hitherto thought I would never demand again.

I HAD TO ORDER FOR A SECOND ROUND! cry

O hunger! Where art thy sting?! This was something I'd last done since 2013 because over time, my stomach had come to accept fewer quantities of food before I get the feeling of fullness.

But Buhari! O Buhari! cry This administration has seen to the drastic reduction in the quantity of Akpu served at restaurants. An all time low quantity last experienced 3 years ago! Where then lies the hope of the common man? Where my people?!

If Nnaemeka Nwa Akanwa can no longer be assured his daily quantity of fufu. There my people lies my grouse. That is where it pinches me the most. I rest my case.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by annnikky(f): 11:12pm On May 07, 2016
U can imagine bag of rice d@ was sold 8k,9k is now 15 to 16k tyms 2 of wat they where selling b4 n u said 9ja go beta, I wonder wen things will go back as it used to be.... God pls come to ur rescue cos is no longer funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by alabiyemmy(m): 11:15pm On May 07, 2016
Don't worry. The budget of change has just been passed. Alleluia.
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by Lilimax(f): 11:24pm On May 07, 2016
Olasco93:
When men are Cast down, thou shall say there is a lifting up.
Is the Economy Cast down today? Yes.
Am I lifted up? Yes.
Sorry, I don't function by human economy.
Seems you live in the Mars undecided

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by NaijaEfcc: 11:25pm On May 07, 2016
omenka abeg how market prices for your area? smiley
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by ajensly1987(m): 11:25pm On May 07, 2016
well here in calabar is something else. Hear are d prices of things in d ancient city of calabar. Cowbell/chocolate; 20 now 25 onga: 10 now 20 shoe polish:100 now 150 cup of rice: 50 now 70 /80 fresh tomatoe; 200 & above no more 100 or 50. Garri: 5 cups 100 now 5 cups 200. And more.. Just thinking wen it will end
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by InvertedHammer: 11:32pm On May 07, 2016
Vomm:
Na God go punish Buhari and his followers!

Jona dey corupt Jona dey corrupt but We were living comfortably! Parent cud feed their family well without much hassle.

Everything Jona left had. Been turned upside down, buhari, walahi devil no go spare u at all

Now, parent cud hardly provide 3 square meals, no paRents dey ask whether u don belleful again, wetin dem dey askna shey u don chop at tall.

With the present condition of the country, no money, no salary, no. Fuel, no light, no water,no everything.

All of u that forced this dullard on us, devil sef no go spare u all.

Foolish zombies!!!
/
When you live your life on credit cards, at some point you have to pay and it is usually very painful.

With Jonathan, you ate away your future. Now the future is here. Payback is a bi.tch.

Oh. You thought the owambe will last forever?!
Such is life.
\

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by omenka(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
omenka abeg how market prices for your area? smiley
Bros me na inside village I dey live oo. D tin never change for we end. Na only bush meat price don increase. They are complaining about the cost of fuel to power the robotic dogs that chase down the antelope.

How e be for ya side naw?
Re: How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You by omenka(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2016
Anyone who says "God go punish Buhari followers", I decree, with the power of the God of Elijah, that that curse would locate and dwell with them and their household ONLY, in Jesus name, amen! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bandits Attack NSCDC Headquarters In Nasarawa / Tafawa Balewa Was Not Killed By Soldiers: Mbu / Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.