Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (34865 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by tivta(m): 11:25am On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
joke not with tithe.... To me i will advice you to pay your tithe first. Now checkout the blessings that follows in payment of tight: The windows of Heaven will be
opened to you.
''Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I
will not open you the windows of
heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough
to receive it.'' (KJV)
God promised to pour His blessing to
you, by opening the windows of
Heaven. When your heaven remains
open you will struggle less. little
effort will yield bountiful harvest.
Opportunities will be staring at you
even you are not there the
opportunity will still be waiting for
you.
My humble advice is that for you to
still enjoy God's blessing at the
remaining months of this year try God
and pay your Tithes; you will discover
that God does not tell lies, your life
and business will have a drastic turn
arouA. The windows of Heaven will be
opened to you.
v10: ''Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in
mine house, and prove me now
to receive it.'' (KJV)
you.

So alinko dangote, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Richard Branson are all devil worshippers? See whats religion has done to Nigerians, what a shame...

6 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by donTbone(m): 11:26am On May 10, 2016
It all depends on ya faith and believe. If u have a strong faith that provision will come soon after paying your tithe, the go ahead... Otherwise, pay ur brother's school fee!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ptolomes: 11:26am On May 10, 2016
This is the very reason that God did not ask for silver nor Gold when He commanded the tithe I challenge anyone on this forum to show me where in the scripture that silver or gold was used as a measuring unit for the tithe, absolutely none, the thithe was always from the crops, in the fields , or goat's o sheep, and don't nobody start me off on the story that their was no currency at the time so they used their crops as collateral, bros all Na wash , the unit of money was sheckles of silver or gold, and for your info the thither was per house in order words your father if her pays tithe my brother you hae no business with tithing , because our father had done that, but we live in a time that pastors need to stay in business so they device means of making people afraid and interpreting scriptures to their advantage , make no mistake it would b profitable for any venture you us it for, after the scriptures are profitable for doctrine for reproof .....long and short bros go handle your brother matter you never reach to tithe and besides check your bible well you go see say n.a. every three years wey you suppose to pay am in the End of that third year, but pastors will not tell yu this and we suppose flex the tithe together with the priests jus check Deuteronomy sha just go handle your bros firs then we go yarn

10 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by MasterofNL: 11:26am On May 10, 2016
Obrose:
Pay your brother's fees as tithe. After all what you call your dog is what it answers

Interesting!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ALAYORMII: 11:27am On May 10, 2016
People pay tithe not because of being religious but because of the promise of Open heaven and the fear of the cankerworm

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by gesolyn(m): 11:27am On May 10, 2016
Pay your tithe and see the blessings that will follow you or do otherwise and see the problems that comes thereafter. Don't eat your future please. As you obey God, He will provide other ways to pay the school fees and block devourers - sources of wastage from attacking you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by LIBERTY1980(m): 11:27am On May 10, 2016
my brother, are you sure you know what you are talking about, if you are a tither, abeg give God what belong to Him, and watch Him pay ur brother fees in style,
Nevertheless, whether you pay ur tithe or not, God will still bless you.
Just do the right things.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 11:27am On May 10, 2016
You are joking with your bro's Future, bear in mind that you can pay your tithe later.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by captainrock(m): 11:28am On May 10, 2016
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Mods please move it to fp, I need urgent solution to this.
what u dont know is that, not paying your tithe is like stealing from God, dnt steal from God my brother, but u can pay ur brother school fees and you pay double tithe next month. our God is an over understanding God. just my words of advice
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Rockyfancino(m): 11:28am On May 10, 2016
You don't have faith in the first place. So just pay your school fees. If you pay tithe, you may regret it o. You've turned god to business thing.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by iamord(m): 11:29am On May 10, 2016
Kondomatic:
Use it to sponsore buhari's next trip
best answer

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Henju1: 11:29am On May 10, 2016
Pls What is TITHE?

Question asked according to the bible not what your pastor told u...Tithe was n is never money. Tithe is the ten percent of what one harvest from his farm, raise as animals...To religious bastards who are worst than the scribes and pharisees who says now our field is our work and the tithe is converted to money should know that There was shekel used as money in those days and God never expected Goldsmith, fishermen, biulders, to pay tithe because they had no farm produce. That's why Jesus never payed tithe and his disciples never did pay also and the scribes and pharisees who were always looking for ways to kill Jesus undastud this and never accused Jesus one day for not paying tithe because He was not supposed to pay. Baba, What is expected of u in the new testament is to put aside A percentage of your income for church work. Go and pay your Brother's School fee and then go and pay the remaining percentage u had promised God or you pay next month because u already made a vow

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by kevoh(m): 11:29am On May 10, 2016
Don't pay any. You should use that money to enroll in a school of COMMON SENSE because at this adult stage of your life, you sure need one.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Karleb(m): 11:31am On May 10, 2016
Olugbenga28:
Bro, God gave u 100% and after eating ur own 90%, u now want to use God's 10%...my advice for u is either u leave the boy @ home or use ur 90% if not u will just pay d fee in vain if u use ur tithe cos God himself MAY frustrate the boy's effort in school cos its HIS share u are using n u will still pray to the same God to help ur brother pass his exams...so how will wen u are using his share...same thing, u don't use ur tithe as hospital bill cos its God dat heals n yet u are using his share to supposedly cure the sick.

This are the type of thinking that might make me renounce this religion someday. Really! shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Krismart(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2016
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 11:32am On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
joke not with tithe.... To me i will advice you to pay your tithe first. Now checkout the blessings that follows in payment of tight: The windows of Heaven will be
opened to you.
to receive it.'' (KJV)
you.
You are indeed a CRAZYseint
I guess you don't know the essence of tithing sad
Rubish mindset

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by afanide: 11:33am On May 10, 2016
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by keandre: 11:33am On May 10, 2016
Pay your tithe!!!! Do you want to burn in the hottest part in hell?
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by drnoel: 11:33am On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
opened to you.
to receive it.'' (KJV)
you.

And God will vex for u if his younger one doesnt go to school. Remember the story of the man that had problems with his neighbour and came to pay his tithe. I believe Peter told him to go and settle his dispute b4 he comes to pay his tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by BodyKiss(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
opened to you.
to receive it.'' (KJV)
you.

If this nonsense works, you wouldn't be preaching it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by lomprico(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2016
Otth:

And u will claim u are educated and a graduate! Smh!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by captainrock(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2016
ptolomes:
This is the very reason that God did not ask for silver nor Gold when He commanded the tithe I challenge anyone on this forum to show me where in the scripture that silver or gold was used as a measuring unit for the tithe, absolutely none, the thithe was always from the crops, in the fields , or goat's o sheep, and don't nobody start me off on the story that their was no currency at the time so they used their crops as collateral, bros all Na wash , the unit of money was sheckles of silver or gold, and for your info the thither was per house in order words your father if her pays tithe my brother you hae no business with tithing , because our father had done that, but we live in a time that pastors need to stay in business so they device means of making people afraid and interpreting scriptures to their advantage , make no mistake it would b profitable for any venture you us it for, after the scriptures are profitable for doctrine for reproof .....long and short bros go handle your brother matter you never reach to tithe and besides check your bible well you go see say n.a. every three years wey you suppose to pay am in the End of that third year, but pastors will not tell yu this and we suppose flex the tithe together with the priests jus check Deuteronomy sha just go handle your bros firs then we go yarn
i just pity you, if God give u 100naira, to return 10naira to him as a way of saying thanks is bad abi? i pray cankerworm dont visit your pocket. even if the bible did not mention about tithe mr sheep and goat, your sense should tell you it is a way of saying Thank you to God. so pastors dont go hungry because they are preachers of the word, they shud eat air abi? mtchewww, selfish thinking
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by iamord(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2016
Otth:

you are a very greedy hypocrite! Religious but not spiritual and smart. Do what you please

4 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by podosci(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2016
What about the chinease, they dont believe in your God, they definatly dont pay titche.... How come they are succesfull?
Wait.... Wait... Thats too far
I know several people who dont beleive in God and they still graduated with first class in Nigerian Universities...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by TV01(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2016
Otth:

Tithing is not mandatory for Christians. You are free to pay a tithe as mandated by your religious institution, but be clear; a tithe is not demanded by God.

What is demanded however, is that your parents take proper care of their children and lay good grounds for their futures. If your parents won't listen to you, please involve someone respected they will listen too.

Don't set a precedent of spending your money when they should be spending theirs, unless they genuinely don't have.

Appreciate your desire to please God, and your care and concern for your sibling.

TV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by xendra: 11:35am On May 10, 2016
bulldoza:

You are indeed a CRAZYseint
I guess you don't know the essence of tithing sad
Rubish mindset
pls explain
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Maser: 11:35am On May 10, 2016
Deut 14 :22-29, A scripture your Pastor doesn't want you to ever see. I'm sure he has never preached it because he knows it will open your eyes. Notice it says you and your family are to eat the tithe. You are the primary consumers. The Levites(if your Pastor is truly one) and the strangers and the fatherless and the Widows are only secondary consumers. Today the Pastors have carefully truncated everyone else including the main Primary consumers and are threatening everyone with misdirected and out-of-context curses from Malachi 3:10 if they don't bring everything to them. I wish I can have time to knock some sense into you to realise that the New covenant believer has no business paying tithes just as the apostles didn't after the new covenant came into force.
Please go and pay your brothers fees that's why God gave you that money.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by omokunbi86(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2016
School fees first, the tithe can wait. God and the angels understand the concept of opportunity cost
Otth:

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Karleb(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2016
Henju1:
Pls What is TITHE?

Question asked according to the bible not what your pastor told u...Tithe was n is never money. Tithe is the ten percent of what one harvest from his farm, raise as animals... To religious bastards who are worst than the scribes and pharisees who says now our field is our work and the tithe is converted to money should know that There was shekel used as money in those days and God never expected Goldsmith, fishermen, biulders, to pay tithe because they had no farm produce. That's why Jesus never payed tithe and his disciples never did pay also and the scribes and pharisees who were always looking for ways to kill Jesus undastud this and never accused Jesus one day for not paying tithe because He was not supposed to pay. Baba, What is expected of u in the new testament is to put aside A percentage of your income for church work. Go and pay your Brother's School fee and then go and pay the remaining percentage u had promised God or you pay next month because u already made a vow

You will not die before your time!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by jaybee3(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2016
I swear down, you don't deserve to even have that money you slowpoke

What a retarded question

Tithe is meant to be used to help other right?
Why will you ignore your immediate need just so you can help others?
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by captainrock(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2016
Karleb:

This are the type of thinking that might make me renounce this religion someday. Really! shocked

renounce the religion na odeh, nobody will escort u to hell. read your bible n stop weighing your religion on a fellow man mistake
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ceejay80s(m): 11:37am On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
opened to you.
to receive it.'' (KJV)
you.

U be pastor and that tithe important to u, after una go use am buy private jet abi,
Na ur pastor go later pay ur brothers school fees?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: 10,000 Winners Chapel Members Qualified To Be President / "Ghosts Have Sex With Women Who Sleep Unclad, Making Them Barren" - Witchdoctor / Bishop Oyedepo & Wife, Faith Celebrate 38th Wedding Anniversary (Throwback Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.