Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (34845 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by paulstrings(m): 11:59am On May 10, 2016
@OP, you are a somehow..
1) you don't have a plan cos if you did, you won't be blackmailing your tithe
2) you came to nairaland to seek for advice :-D

pay your tithe and trust God to do wonders( Nobody thought about the widow of Zarephath) ..make sure you come back and testify
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by emyjay2015: 11:59am On May 10, 2016
Have always wanted a thorough explanation on this tithe issue,cos I get to meet people who had rather save for tithe or offering than feed themselves or their family
ptolomes:
This is the very reason that God did not ask for silver nor Gold when He commanded the tithe I challenge anyone on this forum to show me where in the scripture that silver or gold was used as a measuring unit for the tithe, absolutely none, the thithe was always from the crops, in the fields , or goat's o sheep, and don't nobody start me off on the story that their was no currency at the time so they used their crops as collateral, bros all Na wash , the unit of money was sheckles of silver or gold, and for your info the thither was per house in order words your father if her pays tithe my brother you hae no business with tithing , because our father had done that, but we live in a time that pastors need to stay in business so they device means of making people afraid and interpreting scriptures to their advantage , make no mistake it would b profitable for any venture you us it for, after the scriptures are profitable for doctrine for reproof .....long and short bros go handle your brother matter you never reach to tithe and besides check your bible well you go see say n.a. every three years wey you suppose to pay am in the End of that third year, but pastors will not tell yu this and we suppose flex the tithe together with the priests jus check Deuteronomy sha just go handle your bros firs then we go yarn
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by holyman44: 11:59am On May 10, 2016
As a gud Christian u don't need to come here to ask such question. Pay ur tithe n see wat God can do to replenish u to settle ur brother's fee. Sow a seed of faith today n reap bountiful.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by meeraclemee: 12:01pm On May 10, 2016
Pay your tithe, its not yours in the first instance, so there should be no debate about that. tithe is Gods share of your income, at least he gave you life, without which u wldnt be able to work, not to talk of collecting your so called salary. As for your brothers school fees, God will definately provide means for it to be sorted. it could be the very parents that said no money earlier. Nothing is impossibel with God. Remember God is never in need we are the ones that need him!!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Benuromi: 12:01pm On May 10, 2016
You should pay your brother school fees first. To hell with tithe. I will prefer to give my brother or give it to the less privilege. Those so call church are doing business and not about winning a soul.
You don't even need advice to do what is right. I will never pay tithe but give it to the poor. There are people in the hospital who can't pay for their treatment. How many pastors help the poor in this country? How many pastors asked their congregation if they have food at home or feed before coming to church.(there are only few good pastors)

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 10, 2016
I can't believe such dumb people still exist in this world. who religion don epp?
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by bigtt76(f): 12:02pm On May 10, 2016
Pay your brother's fees jooor! Remember ....an idle mind is the devil's workshop. You don't want to pay more than tithes to get him back into your folds or do you?

Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Mods please move it to fp, I need urgent solution to this.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Benuromi: 12:03pm On May 10, 2016
Times it by the congregation. It will pay 100 of school fees. quote author=trenchard post=45486070]Your tithe cant even pay 5% of your pastors child school fees. Go ahead and pay ur tithe
[/quote]
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by naijaboiy: 12:03pm On May 10, 2016
Laveda:

grin
My sister I just dey vex for here jare!

I wonder whether pastors dey pay tithe sef and if them dey pay, who dem dey pay am to?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by TheAziz: 12:03pm On May 10, 2016
you can still pay your tithe later, pay your brother's school fees abeg
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Miradamian: 12:04pm On May 10, 2016
your brother's school fee is your tight.the essence of tithe is to give God in return and u cant see God but in other ways.so when u help your brother you have given to God aswell.he sees your heart.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 10, 2016
Estharfabian:
People Are Actually Asking This guy to pay The tithes instead?

Thought I've Seen the worse! shocked

Yes. Tithes Are important. buh biko, Don't jeopardize Your brother's education in the name of Religion.

God as they say, is A merciful God.
He'd understand...lipsrsealed

I'm with you on this one
Not everyone gives tithes on sundays some people don't have who'll give them money if they don't have any at all......
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by AXYZ: 12:04pm On May 10, 2016
Dahveydson:
Charity is the greatest of all.

You want to pay tithe while your brother stays home because of school fees? - ask yourself, what will jesus say? - in all of jesus miracles and teachings, where did he shelf love for the law?

How can you say you love God, if you cannot love your brother enough to pay his fees? And who said that tithe must be paid to the church?

My advise, pay your brother's school fees. Showing love and care is greater than paying tithe that you see as a levy.

On point! Your brother is needy ATM and deserves your tithe even more.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Saheed69(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2016
See question ooooo. If you ask me na who I go ask

Tithe kooooo skirt niii
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by akreest(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2016
hahn:

I will advice to give the money to your parents. They deserve a refund because apparently, the money they spent on your school fees is a waste undecided
Supported grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by lordhelp(f): 12:05pm On May 10, 2016
Pay ur tithe and see what will happen,u will have more than enough to pay ur bros sch fee n take care of urself n parents.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by naijaboiy: 12:06pm On May 10, 2016
meeraclemee:
Pay your tithe, its not yours in the first instance, so there should be no debate about that. tithe is Gods share of your income, at least he gave you life, without which u wldnt be able to work, not to talk of collecting your so called salary. As for your brothers school fees, God will definately provide means for it to be sorted. it could be the very parents that said no money earlier. Nothing is impossibel with God. Remember God is never in need we are the ones that need him!!
When and how will God definitely provide that money Oga?

His brother is in dire need of money right now and he should carry the money and dash a pastor?

Nawa o!

Maybe God will throw money down from heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 10, 2016
Where should you get spiritual instructions from? undecided undecided undecided undecided.......the Public? cheesy cheesy cheesy... Herbalist?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin....Social Media :- shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked...... Ask your Bible!! Consult with you Pastor to educate you more.

If you don't trust his preaching then leave to another church where you MUST believe the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by alobright17(m): 12:08pm On May 10, 2016
kindly ask this same question to your pastor or whoever you're paying the tithe to.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ayojohn4real: 12:09pm On May 10, 2016
Bro pay your brother's school fee is also a very good way of paying tithe , no be force to pay tithe for church
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by KingRex1(m): 12:09pm On May 10, 2016
meeraclemee:
This is sentimental bullshit mehn.

Your tithe could be in form of that school fees. ''Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me'' Matt 25:40

Dont be myopic!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 10, 2016
Pay your brother's school fees!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Kunlexic(m): 12:10pm On May 10, 2016
Who tithes don epp? Afterall the pastor will take ur tithes and send his children to school that u can't afford....Help ur brother and pay his schl fees,forget abt tithe
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by swaggzo(m): 12:10pm On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
joke not with tithe.... To me i will advice you to pay your tithe first. Now checkout the blessings that follows in payment of tight: The windows of Heaven will be
opened to you.
''Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I
will not open you the windows of
heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough
to receive it.'' (KJV)
God promised to pour His blessing to
you, by opening the windows of
Heaven. When your heaven remains
open you will struggle less. little
effort will yield bountiful harvest.
Opportunities will be staring at you
even you are not there the
opportunity will still be waiting for
you.

I USUALLY DON'T DISH INSULTS, ITS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

BUT YOU'RE A COMPLETELY F00LISH ANIMAL.. AND YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION ( IF THEY PARTAKE IN SUCH F00LISHNESS) WILL BURN IN THE LAKE OF FIRE YOUR HOLY BOOK COMIC BOOK PROMISED THE F00LISH ONES.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by berrystunn(m): 12:12pm On May 10, 2016
Proulyzoogerian:
I had a gf I dated for 4 years. On this very good day she needed financial assistance to buy material in school, she requested 5k, I gave her 7k. 2k for pocket na. 2 days after she was sounding dull on phone, I insisted what the matter was, she told me she donated 5k to church, and she still needed to get her materials if I can give her another 5k, I almost slapped her on phone.

At a particular period she needed to pay her school fees and the due date was within 10 days from when she mentioned to me. According to her, her parents was going to get it probably a week after the due date elapse. I Borrowed her 25k to prevent her from paying extra charges and to pay back when her parents Pay. I asked her for the money a day after the fixed date they sent her the money but unfortunately she had used 20k from the money for donations in her church. I was mad, her conclusion was, anything she does for church, I'm always against it that I'm a devil. I was shocked. Honestly we broke the following month. The way people are so brainwashed ehn.

Oga, go pay your brother school fees. Or else no one will epp you and what matters mostly is that God understands that you wish to pay your tithe but your brothers problem stands

Truth is whether you like it or not. You pay or you don't pay, over 500 people will still pay their tithe, your change which will help your brothers current problem

Na your ex?

She be scam...
But scam scam her

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by OgeneUkwenu(f): 12:12pm On May 10, 2016
Who tithe epp?
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by CioAngels(f): 12:13pm On May 10, 2016
Otth:

Please, your brothers school fee is more important ríght now. Go to your mother's garden and harvest any crop you find there as your.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ibnchokomah(m): 12:14pm On May 10, 2016
Olugbenga28:
Bro, God gave u 100% and after eating ur own 90%, u now want to use God's 10%...my advice for u is either u leave the boy @ home or use ur 90% if not u will just pay d fee in vain if u use ur tithe cos God himself MAY frustrate the boy's effort in school cos its HIS share u are using n u will still pray to the same God to help ur brother pass his exams...so how will wen u are using his share...same thing, u don't use ur tithe as hospital bill cos its God dat heals n yet u are using his share to supposedly cure the sick.
Certainly the God you are talking about that frustrates people's efforts isn't the one I serve.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by berrystunn(m): 12:15pm On May 10, 2016
swaggzo:

I USUALLY DON'T DISH INSULTS, ITS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

BUT YOU'RE A COMPLETELY F00LISH ANIMAL.. AND YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION ( IF THEY PARTAKE IN SUCH F00LISHNESS) WILL BURN IN THE LAKE OF FIRE YOUR HOLY BOOK COMIC BOOK PROMISED THE F00LISH ONES.

Usu easy
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by aktolly54(m): 12:15pm On May 10, 2016
NEXT TIME WOMAN ASK MONEY FROM YOU, NEVER GIVE HER IN FULL OTHERWISE YOU WILL REGRET IT. IF WOMAN ASK 10K, IVE ER 6K OR 7K TEN TELL HER YOU WISH YOU COMPLETE IT BUT YOU DONT HAVE MUCH. SAY IT WITH SENSE
Proulyzoogerian:
I had a gf I dated for 4 years. On this very good day she needed financial assistance to buy material in school, she requested 5k, I gave her 7k. 2k for pocket na. 2 days after she was sounding dull on phone, I insisted what the matter was, she told me she donated 5k to church, and she still needed to get her materials if I can give her another 5k, I almost slapped her on phone.

At a particular period she needed to pay her school fees and the due date was within 10 days from when she mentioned to me. According to her, her parents was going to get it probably a week after the due date elapse. I Borrowed her 25k to prevent her from paying extra charges and to pay back when her parents Pay. I asked her for the money a day after the fixed date they sent her the money but unfortunately she had used 20k from the money for donations in her church. I was mad, her conclusion was, anything she does for church, I'm always against it that I'm a devil. I was shocked. Honestly we broke the following month. The way people are so brainwashed ehn.

Oga, go pay your brother school fees. Or else no one will epp you and what matters mostly is that God understands that you wish to pay your tithe but your brothers problem stands

Truth is whether you like it or not. You pay or you don't pay, over 500 people will still pay their tithe, your change which will help your brothers current problem
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Kunlexic(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2016
TrueSenator:
Where should you get spiritual instructions from? undecided undecided undecided undecided.......the Public? cheesy cheesy cheesy... Herbalist?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin....Social Media :- shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked...... Ask your Bible!! Consult with you Pastor to educate you more.

If you don't trust his preaching then leave to another church where you MUST believe the word of God.
So he shd consult the pastor and the pastor shd tell him to pay for tithes because of his pocket...smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The double standard displayed By Past. Lazarus Mouka's Lord's Chosen Ministry / A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire / About The High Rate Of Randy Men And Women Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.