Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? (29171 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by darqly(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
No, I don't think you're wrong to want to marry a rich man, Cos most guys won't be bothered to marry girls that are broke themselves.
I mean it's so much easier when you both are at least employed in good paying jobs. I mean if i'm rich and you're rich, it makes us both richer doesn't it??
It's just that in your quest to find the ultimate rich man, you overlook all else and get just the riches and tons of emptiness.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Spyker: 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
THIEF,
ONYE OSHI
OLE
GOLD DIGGER
BARAWO

These are most of the names you will be called BECAUSE they (the man's family and friends) will think so.

For me, I am very comfortable, own a house that gives me close to N3.5m per annum, still single, 30 and yet i don't consider myself rich. What do you consider as rich?
I am comfortable and i want a submissive wife. Sorry to sound that way, very few ladies that has achieved so much are really submissive. The guy will be treated like a trash. Please put your inner happiness first before material happiness then that rich man who pretends not to be rich you may find.

Remember the story of PRINCE CHARLES and LADY DIANA.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by FBS: 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
@topic.
pssf.
What a waste of space.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by FBS: 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2009
Spyker:

For me, I am very comfortable, own a house that gives me close to N3.5m per annum, still single, 30 and yet i don't consider myself rich. What do you consider as rich?
I am comfortable and i want a submissive wife. Sorry to sound that way, very few ladies that has achieved so much are really submissive.
just curious, how? smiley
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Ad4(m): 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
Uju,if you have seen such a guy,why don't you go ahead and marry him.You are a very unrealistic girl and a day dreamer.I know guys at 30 that have cars and are confortable but it was inherited investment.Most guys are educated,work very hard and have a future but their is time for every thing.Whether at 28 or 30,their time will come and they will shine.
If you are so rich and confortable,count yourself favoured and stop talking as if you have reached where no man can get to.
I dislike girls like you because nothing can make you happy and people like you end up heart broken!
My advice to you is, PRAY!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Tinkinguy(m): 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2009
Nooooooo young woman,

You are not wrong my dear at all………………, there are one and one million guys like that all over Nija, you only have to look, maybe also search but not that much shaa and you will find them loitering every way.

??
It really amazes me, when a woman/lady only thinks the guy to be in her life should be the one that will cater for all things during their life time. Maybe I have forgotten the meaning of “MARRAGE”.

Why will a man need a wife if the woman will only be one of the properties he has? What is the purpose of a woman in a home?

That you are privileged to earn more than “you’re would be man” doesn’t make him a poor guy.

Why would you want a guy in his 28-30 years range with all those listed criteria, who says the guy in that range will also want you?

Wake up young woman and refrain yourself from the destructive pathway you want to tread.

A word is enough for the simple and teachable.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Basildon1(m): 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2009
I wont say you are wrong , life's about deciding what you want. However, a fixed criteria is just unrealistic. You are not the only gal looking for that and every guy knows it and you might just end up being one of the numerous f--ks for such a guy, u no nau grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by melikey(f): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2009
ARE U BEING MATRIALISTIC?
THIS IS SOO NOT A STUPID QUESTION AND AM TRYING NOT TO BE SARCARSTIC, DESPITE THE FACT THAT EVERYONE IS ENTITILED TO HOW THEY FEEL THEY SHOULD LIVE THEIR LIFES, IM SOO ASHAMED OF U BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE U NEVER HELP IN CHANGING THE IMPRESSION TOWARDS WOMEN
HELL YEAH U ARE SOO DAMNED F**IN MATERIAL, AND DONT FOR ONE MOMENT THINK I FALL FOR YOUR ''I live a very simple life and I can adjust properly to scarce resources. But I don’t want to, I’m very comfortable. That’s why I don’t want to marry a guy I’m richer than. There’s nothing I want in a guy I don’t already have myself' QUOTES, BULLSHIT!!
I M NOT EVEN SURE WHERE TO START BUT U ARE OBVIOUSLY SOFT IN THE HEAD AND UR VIEWS ABOUT MARRIAGE ARE DEFINITELY DISTORTED BECAUSE FIRST OF ALL EVEN IF I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT NOBODY WANTS TO SUFFER AND THERES A LEVEL OF COMFORTABILITY U WOULD HAV BEEN USED TO THAT U WOULDNT WANT TO BARGAIN FOR LESS, WHY WOULD U WANT ALL THIS AS CRITERIA IF NOT THAT U ARE NOT EVEN MATURE ENOUGH TO LOOK DEEEPER INTO THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF MARRIAGE AND HOW OFTEN THAN NOT THIS THINGS DONT EVEN BRING HAPPINESS NEEDLESS TO MENTION THE REPERCUSSIONS AND CONSEQUENCES OF ALLOWING MATERIAL WEALTH CLOUD YOUR TRUE JUDGEMENT OF A MAN, AND THEN SECONDLY IT IS SOO SAD THAT U  TRULY BELIEVE THAT AGES 28-30 SHOULD BE A REASONABLE STANDARD FOR JUDGING A MAN'S AQUISITION OF ALL THE THINGS U LISTED, MY DEAR PLEASE GET REAL, WITHOUT EVEN CONSIDERING THE AVERAGE GRADUATES AGE AND THE TIME NEEDED TO SETTLE DOWN IN THE WORK MARKET AND START STACKING UR WEALTH, UNLESS U ARE FROM A WEALTHY BACKGROUND OR AS USUAL HAVE BEEN SHADY AT ONE POINT OR THE OTHER, THE PROBABILITY U WOULD JUST RANDOMLY COME ACROSS A GUY WHO HAS THIS MUCH WEALTH(i cant help remembering landed property, LOL!) BETWEEN THE AGES 28-30 IS QUITE LOW
SO MY DEAR BACK TO UR QUESTION, U ARE SOO NOT WRONG FOR WANTING TO MARRY A RICH MAN BUT LET IT NOT BE A LEADING FACTOR IN GUIDING TO THE RIGHT MAN AS UR LIST SEEMS TO BE ENDLESS, I MEAN RICH CAN BE A LONG WAY TO GO, A VERY COMFORTABLE,RESPONSIBLE AND CARING MAN WHO SINCERELY LOVES U WOULDNT SUFFER, WOULD HE?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by russellino: 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ IBIME you took the words right out of my mouth.
@ poster i really hope you have something to bring to the table yourself otherwise ppl might label you a gold digger babyyyyy!!! Emmm to properly advise you could you please provide your age and financial status.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by princekevo(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ poster,
You will soon have your dream man for sure,
You must be 20 plus when u get to 30plus,
You can come back to give us wht you think,
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2009
Waiting for the Perfect Rich Guy  cheesy grin grin grin

Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2009
russellino:

@ IBIME you took the words right out of my mouth.
@ poster i really hope you have something to bring to the table yourself otherwise ppl might label you a gold digger babyyyyy!!! Emmm to properly advise you could you please provide your age and financial status.  

U ARE RIGHT, we are waiting for d info pls
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by DrNeoCortex(m): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2009
I will put my analysis in two broad categories,
1) You can marry a rich guy if you yourself have won a couple of beauty pageantries in the past and must be into big time modelling, and you wont mind being subjected to physical abuse.
2) You have an astonishing career and you are the best in what you do or you have an incredible talent that makes you rub shoulders with those that matter.
Anythng short of all this, then am sorry to disappoint you that you are just dreaming or you dont have any plans of getting married.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ade2kay(m): 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2009
If you have nothing to bring to the man's marriage table, then please do not go near the rich man.
I love success, i love progress, i love development, so even if i'm not related to the rich man, i'd advice you not to go near him to run him down.
When the guy is all made, what da heck does he need you for ?
A man needs a woman for companionship, to bear his children and to help him grow in every area of his life.
When the guy has made it financially, i think he will be most kind to let you take on the role of a child-bearing machine which you really should be.

Please erase this kind of thinking from your mind or your fingers will be burned.
These are the type of girls that become prey to ritualists and fraudsters.

You are simple and moderately comfortable, why dont u look for a simple and moderately comfortable guy too, and you both build up your riches.

This is not only selfish, gold-digging, but also wicked thinking, I hope this topic does not depict who you really are or guys will ever run away from you.

Please fade
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by russellino: 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
World don spoil
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by denony(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2009
Young lady is listing what she want and you people are here slottering her.

Are you surprised? just take some girls u have as girl friend as an example of what she is saying.
i mean girls really mean business even in marriage, they want to know the weight of your pocket
before anything, imagine, she listed all that without even mentioning "and someone who will love me"
thats shows that girl don't marry for love again other than money.

how will u find a hapy home, when u have all the luxuries and no love to share?
Girls/Ladies! Girls/Ladies!!! Girls/Ladies!!!

Chei chineke nyere anyi aka
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by charlisco(m): 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
a really sad topic

so this is the reason, why my girlfriend left me.
in pursuite of money instead of happiness
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by hushush(f): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
i dont think you are being materialistic, just being honest. ok, of all the ladies in the house, who no want a guy with all the 'attributes' she has just listed? I feel you jare dear poster. Marriage can be real sweeter when there's enough money to spend on & in it!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ehie007(m): 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2009
why do i have a feeling you wont get what you want @poster, shocked
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by hushush(f): 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
charlisco:

a really sad topic

so this is the reason, why my girlfriend left me.
in pursuite of money instead of happiness
looooooooolllllllll. Poor you, go get rich wink
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by lordkrato(m): 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
Well,theres no problem with that.Infact i really do encourage such wink wink wink wink then we would have to remember that like fbirds flock together, @least then you would have to be rich in order to marry such, undecided undecided undecided undecided.But seriously,if every one thought the way you did then we would have a lot of single people running amok, grin grin ;DCiao!! angry angry angry
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by candyshore: 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
as long as u as rich as dat no wahala--- but if u re not then u re a golddigger.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by sirt1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ Poster,

Of course, u are not wrong for aspiring to marry a rich man, but the way u pursue it is very very wrong. By the way, who told u that any guy that doesn't make it at 28 - 30 can not make it in life? Pls, shine ur eyes and see reality. If u don't take caution, u may end up not getting married at the right time. May be u don't know that there are many rich ladies out there that couldn't get a  good guy to settle down with. I pray, ur case will not be like that----that is if u change ur thot, or else, u are in for it.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by chukz4real(m): 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2009
Uju nwa, ur desires are not wrong I suppose provided you will be willing then to be a full time housewive and a sex-machine - walking nude all day long for the good mugu to be taking part in his cake at all time. Afterall, he mugully paid for everthing, to be living in a caged/prisoned environment far away from being called a home, Good luck,

lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ade2kay(m): 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
chukz4real:

Uju nwa, ur desires are not wrong I suppose provided you will be willing then to be a full time housewive and a sex-machine - walking nude all day long for the good mugu to be taking part in his cake at all time. Afterall, he mugully paid for everthing, to be living in a caged/prisoned environment far away from being called a home, Good luck,

lipsrsealed shocked

grin

bad guy !
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by moonraker(m): 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
all due respect,

you go old,

seriously speaking, does the word Gods plan ring a bell??
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by titsqueez(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ op

wetin u go give in return . . . is the road to ur toto paved with gold?
jus wondering
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by wakagirl: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
Yeah that's the spirit my dear, you are not wrong nor unrealistic, infact u are not been materialistic but sincere.

I got a good new for you jare. I have a cousin who is only 29, 100% single, has chains of biz, very handsome and has all of those things and more. Not only does he have landed properties in Nigeria he has houses abroad.

Now, he doesnt need you to bring anything to the table financially and unlike you with numerous criterias he has only one critaria. . . . . . . . .u must be 100% VIRGIN

Lets talk jare.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by oolumide: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2009
Uju or what is your name?

You are so shallow minded, daft and cannot see beyond your nose. I am sure you move around with the wrong set of people that is why you are afraid that you will be hoodwinked. Responsible guys dont move into there there girls house neither do they live of them. wake up to reality, bills are meant to be looked at together and sometimes you have to help out. I think you are carried away by your little achievement and you are burying your head in the sand. You better wake up to reality b4 it becomes 2late.  sad shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Bonie(m): 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
My Dear you are very wrong!!! for the fact that u have met young guys at the age of 28 - 30 who has some of the quality, good car, handsome  and well paid job and you are still looking for the very rich 28 -30 with landed properties and more, hmmmmmmm:.  You should know the country you are. i know is possible to have this guys but few fortunate, and i bet you these guys have thousands af ladies after them, most of them end up having children out of wed- luck believe me, because some ladies can go at any length to get what they want. if you don’t want to have a broken or unhappy marriage run fast to one of those first guys, i believe you have initiatives, you can add ur resources two heads are better than one, you can achieve the whole world if you cooperate with him. I CAN NEVER BELEIEVE YOU THAT IF SOMEONE DID NOT MAKE IT AT 28 - 30 HE CAN NOT MAKE IT AGAIN. i know of a guy in Abuja, @ 34  the wife even sponsored a wedding and after everything, this guy was determined and he went in and submit a proposal, luckingly his company was awarded a contract of 320 million naira to do some construction work, he sold the work out for 200 million  so tell me, is the guy not going to be rich?? is all about destiny and God's own given time. Never had you in your life underrate anybody, because God can change situation at anytime.  YOU NEED TO REPENT AND GIVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD Pray very well God will grant your heart desire even if you are married your husband can still make it. Take care and  remain bless
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by jodeci(m): 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2009
I hope u are rich also,cos it will be dumb to expect a man to give u what u cannot offer.

one question for you pls.was your father that rich when he married your mum?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why So Many Women Still Take Their Husband’s Last Name / Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? / Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.